Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 23:30   #2341
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

hey noopster, did little birdie say anything about a diesel automatic?
Old 30th June 2011, 14:29   #2342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Thanks sourav. I have short listed the terra biege, well its the wife's department and since i was not averse to the color i was ok with it. And as for the claustrophobic part is concerned, Not just you, everyone has the same feeling, that vento feels spacious. But for some reason, i remember when i sat in both cars' rear seats (2 times each, alternating it) i got the feel the other way round - probably it was the influence of my wife who had the feeling first.
I had a similar situation - my wife was sold on the looks of City so to swing the Vento deal it had to have looks that were good ( even if not as good as the City ) with the added condition of her liking the interiors and getting to choose the colour . Thats what I call driving a hard bargain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal98 View Post
I beg to differ.

Given the fact that Vento's HU is pretty decent, all I can say is that it was a quirky design decision on the part of Vento's designers to omit these features.
I agree with you though you beg to differ and you are the first one who shares the view that the HU is pretty decent , in fact I find the speakers to be good ! I guess VW screwed up while choosing which Blaupunkt to put in the car .
Old 2nd July 2011, 22:50   #2343
BHPian

My blue Vento is here!! Still soaking it all up. Just too excited at the moment. Had a convert in my wife who originally did not like the shadow blue color. On seeing the car, she was bowled over. Will have the ownership review and photos up soon.
Old 3rd July 2011, 15:23   #2344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
My blue Vento is here!! Still soaking it all up. Just too excited at the moment. Had a convert in my wife who originally did not like the shadow blue color. On seeing the car, she was bowled over. Will have the ownership review and photos up soon.
Congratulations Nilesh ! Wish you and your family many happy miles on the car. Keep the revs in check for the first couple of thousands of km .
We look forward to your ownership review and PICS !
Old 3rd July 2011, 18:52   #2345
BHPian

Quote:
My blue Vento is here!! Still soaking it all up. Just too excited at the moment. Had a convert in my wife who originally did not like the shadow blue color. On seeing the car, she was bowled over.
Congratulations Nilesh! The blue looks great but I am partial to silver.

I had called up the VW showroom to inquire about the booking amount and the waiting period etc. The sales guy told me that if I book white color, I can hopefully get it in 2 months. But for any other color, the waiting period is 4-5 months.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:23   #2346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats Nilesh and great to see the blue shade. I really liked the color. Too bad this wasnt there when I booked the car. Anyways, waiting for your report and experience. Am sure you will enjoy every second of it.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:46   #2347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
hey noopster, did little birdie say anything about a diesel automatic?
Not yet, but with Hyundai upping the ante, they better start thinking of it soon! If the diesel engine supplies stabilise, an AT would be the natural next step I imagine .

The thought of the 6-speed AT mated to that stonker of a TDI engine is mouthwatering. VW has clearly missed an opportunity- am sure they are regretting it!
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:54   #2348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Congratulations Nilesh ! Wish you and your family many happy miles on the car. Keep the revs in check for the first couple of thousands of km .
We look forward to your ownership review and PICS !
Thanks Sourav! I have had that wired in my head because normally it is difficult to resist this stonker of an engine!

Quote:
Congratulations Nilesh! The blue looks great but I am partial to silver.

I had called up the VW showroom to inquire about the booking amount and the waiting period etc. The sales guy told me that if I book white color, I can hopefully get it in 2 months. But for any other color, the waiting period is 4-5 months.
Thanks bansal! Yes, I had the same experience. The dealer told me once to shift to a different colour to have the delivery sooner. I refused because I was sold on the blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Congrats Nilesh and great to see the blue shade. I really liked the color. Too bad this wasnt there when I booked the car. Anyways, waiting for your report and experience. Am sure you will enjoy every second of it.
Thanks Naveen! Yes the Blue started production only in Feb, as I know. I had a 100 km run today morning and loved every inch of it!
Old 5th July 2011, 09:23   #2349
Senior - BHPian

Can someone please confirm if this is really true, that the Vento facelifted new model is expected to be launched in October this year?

Came across this link -->Volkswagen Vento Facelifted New Model Launch In October

An Extract:
Some of the anticipated features in the new Vento are seen to be steering mounted audio controls, a better and more powerful music system. Cruise control in another expected feature to be added in the new car. Upgraded head and tail lights with smoked effect and a couple of new interesting colours are also on the list.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 09:53   #2350
Distinguished - BHPian

They are planning to bring in a refreshed Vento soon. The confirmed items are steering mounted audio controls, HU with USB,AUX and bluetooth. Not sure when they will launch it. The last time when I visited the showroom, they said VW is checking with all dealers for customer feedbacks and based on that they would bring the new items.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 10:24   #2351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
An Extract:
Some of the anticipated features in the new Vento are seen to be steering mounted audio controls, a better and more powerful music system. Cruise control in another expected feature to be added in the new car. Upgraded head and tail lights with smoked effect and a couple of new interesting colours are also on the list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
They are planning to bring in a refreshed Vento soon. The confirmed items are steering mounted audio controls, HU with USB,AUX and bluetooth.
You just made my day. Thank you! I'd book this updated Vento in a heartbeat even if they increase the price a little bit. I had given the exact same feedback to the sales guy when I had gone for the TD. I guess they would be sick of hearing the same thing again and again by now

Voting with your wallet is the best option to make the manufacturers pay attention.
Old 5th July 2011, 10:39   #2352
BHPian

One question for VW Vento owners. Are there two white reversing lamps (one on the RH tail-light cluster and the other on the LH side) or just one on the left hand side tail-light cluster ?
I have not seen my car back up but yesterday as my cousin was reversing it I noticed just one was on. Later when I saw another car backing out it too had just one on the LHS tail-light cluster.
I thought initially the reversing lamp on my car had gone off but I was not so sure. But I am really confused. Any observations on this ?
Old 5th July 2011, 13:17   #2353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
One question for VW Vento owners. Are there two white reversing lamps (one on the RH tail-light cluster and the other on the LH side) or just one on the left hand side tail-light cluster ?
I have not seen my car back up but yesterday as my cousin was reversing it I noticed just one was on. Later when I saw another car backing out it too had just one on the LHS tail-light cluster.
I thought initially the reversing lamp on my car had gone off but I was not so sure. But I am really confused. Any observations on this ?
This is true. There's only one reverse light on the Vento. It's the one on the left side. On the right side you have the reverse fog light.
Old 5th July 2011, 13:45   #2354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You just made my day. Thank you! I'd book this updated Vento in a heartbeat even if they increase the price a little bit. I had given the exact same feedback to the sales guy when I had gone for the TD. I guess they would be sick of hearing the same thing again and again by now

Voting with your wallet is the best option to make the manufacturers pay attention.
Pleasure bansal98. Yes the Vento would definitely be more attractive provided the additional features make the way in it. I think you should go ahead & book it now if you get the confirmation from VW dealer that the features are indeed going to be added from October. So by the time you are ready to take the delivery, facelifted Vento would make way into your garage.
Old 5th July 2011, 14:11   #2355
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Is there anybody who can 'authentically' either confirm or refute the news of the upgraded Vento with additional features. I am waiting for the one as my purchase is flexible from today till the end of the year. I have heard rounds and rounds of rumours. Can somebody back the claims with some credible source. BTW, salespersons do not count as reliable source. They don't have much info anyway.

Most Viewed