Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 15:36   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyer View Post

The only option seems to be Cruze but i would like to wait for the new Ford Fiesta Sedan, of which i have seen very interesting pictures but really wonder when it will be available in Indian Market since Ford India is busy cashing in new Figo. (Any Guesses for the launch of the new car here?)

I really do not know which car to look for now. Please help me, i am prepared to wait, but doesn't want to take a chance.

Thanks in advance
Please help me in
I think you must seriously consider Vento Diesel, as it is quicker than Jetta Diesel. Vento should clock 11 sec in 0-100 dash. Though Cruze is faster ( takes 9.6 sec ) and comes with loads of equipment,nonetheless, there is pronounced turbo lag below 1800 rpm in Cruze. The good thing about Vento is that it has negligible turbo lag and Vento picks up,from that very gear in which you are driving ( you don't have to downshift gear in Vento,again and again, as per GTO review ). The other important thing which you ought to check, is the provision of engine guard,in both Vento as well as Cruze.As an illustration, take the case of ANHC.Lack of Engine Guard, makes use of ANHC,(which is otherwise a brilliant car), outside Metros,very difficult. Ford will nodoubt come with a good car,but I don't think it could match Vento Diesel in performance!
Old 17th August 2010, 15:53   #227
BHPian

Well, Linea is still cheaper than vento (~60k), So it's sales won't be much affected. Add to that the maintenance of a Linea (thanks to TATA) will be MUCH less than Vento .
So if someone is looking for low cost of ownership, then Linea is still a good buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom76 View Post
I haven't seen many members saying this will kill Linea. My guess is Linea will be the worst sufferer considering the quality issues and the dealership experience - the Vento diesel at almost the same price can drastically bring down the 800 to 900 numbers that Linea is currently doing.
Old 17th August 2010, 16:02   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ary10 View Post
Lack of Engine Guard, makes use of ANHC,(which is otherwise a brilliant car), outside Metros,very difficult.
Sorry, didn't get that. Are you talking about engine sound at high revs?
Old 17th August 2010, 16:04   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Well, Linea is still cheaper than vento (~60k), So it's sales won't be much affected. Add to that the maintenance of a Linea (thanks to TATA) will be MUCH less than Vento .
So if someone is looking for low cost of ownership, then Linea is still a good buy.
See what I mean? No wonder ANHC owners were defending because their car was the one which was potentially killed so many times in this thread.
Old 17th August 2010, 16:08   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
Well only the high end ANHC has tweeters too. But yeah, the system definitely is better than the Polo. I checked, and apparently it's an Alpine make.
Its not alpine make its Mitsubishi, NHC used to come with Alpine not ANHC. But i can surely say stock front speaker and Tweeters are good one in ANHC, even when i asked my installer, he was of the opinion speakers are not bad compared to other Car brands instead you can invest on sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom76 View Post
Answer is simple. Everyone who says Vento is great, immediately adds a line saying this will kill ANHC. So no wonder the ANHC owners are trying to defend it.
Kill is not so easy, might have small effect on numbers. Dont think polo faced vento can kill ANHC completely so easily, after knowing A.S.S of its sister company Skoda. If they go on Skoda route for A.S.S they are doomed whatever car quality might be.

Last edited by shamanth : 17th August 2010 at 16:12.
Old 17th August 2010, 16:37   #231
BHPian

Guys this is not just a competition between Vento and ANHC. It is only natural for one to defend the one he/she owns, let's not speculate that. VW defnitely has a winner in terms of diesel, but bear in mind that it's still tough to compete with petrol ANHC for the quality of engine, refinement, revv happy nature, Interior space/comfort and unquestionable reliability.
It is also time for the other car owners in the segment apart from ANHC to sit and ponder about their car's monthly sales numbers too. It is not just Vento and ANHC. For all you know ANHC+Vento numbers may be overwhelming. Competition is good for the world, let's welcome. Game plan for honda is to watch for a month or two and then replan their strategy. Remember that ANHC is their daily bread in India, so they can't go wrong. I feel there is Deisel ANHC on the way, Oh boy am privileged to be a customer.

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 17th August 2010 at 16:54.
Old 17th August 2010, 16:58   #232
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't seen many members saying this will kill Linea. My guess is Linea will be the worst sufferer considering the quality issues and the dealership experience - the Vento diesel at almost the same price can drastically bring down the 800 to 900 numbers that Linea is currently doing.
Oh yeah totally. If only Fiat had added more power to the Linea (at least >100 horses)...that car would be a force to reckon with. I love the design...I think the way things stand, even a swift can kill a Linea.
Old 17th August 2010, 17:02   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I see too many ANHC owners/lovers jumping in and comparing and "deciding" how their ANHC is better than Vento. Why is this group so vocal? I mean I do not see any Verna/Fiesta/Linea guys doing this.
I thought different. After reading the threads I felt the Fiat Linea owners writing about T-Jet or how VFM Linea is over Vento is also quite evident on this thread.
Rest regarding ANHC, any prespective buyer seriously considers ANHC in this segment and would add Vento to this the list. So the two cars will be compared for sometime to come. Vento is a great proposition and ANHC is great too in many respects. I dont see whats the harm in ANHC owners giving their opinion unless you get ticked off when someone praises the ANHC
Old 17th August 2010, 17:22   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
So claims the dealership, their word isn't the most reliable as we know
I don't care if it's first or not just want it ASAP
Maybe I be the first golden one (ok ok "terra beige") then!

Downtown folks saying the colour wil only make an appearance in Jan '11 though
Old 17th August 2010, 17:26   #235
BHPian

I think buying a Honda is like buying a mac. You know you're paying more, but you do so knowing that the mac is very different from a PC.

Try telling a mac owner that Windows is better than OSX...and then watch the sparks fly!!
Old 17th August 2010, 17:31   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
It's 10.09 OTR actually. Which is still cheaper than the ANHC
Any ideas on the price of the Highline Petrol MT & Diesel (Ex Thane / Outside Octroi Zone in Navi Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Guys this is not just a competition between Vento and ANHC. It is only natural for one to defend the one he/she owns, let's not speculate that. VW defnitely has a winner in terms of diesel, but bear in mind that it's still tough to compete with petrol ANHC for the quality of engine, refinement, revv happy nature, Interior space/comfort and unquestionable reliability.
It is also time for the other car owners in the segment apart from ANHC to sit and ponder about their car's monthly sales numbers too. It is not just Vento and ANHC. For all you know ANHC+Vento numbers may be overwhelming. Competition is good for the world, let's welcome. Game plan for honda is to watch for a month or two and then replan their strategy. Remember that ANHC is their daily bread in India, so they can't go wrong. I feel there is Deisel ANHC on the way, Oh boy am privileged to be a customer.
After seeing the specs of the Vento Petrol, ANHC seems to be a better preposition given the length of time it has been in India and the service network is really good. Vento Diesal, yes is one of its own in its class and will give a stiff competition to the Altis D.

I thing a bit of wait and watch at this juncture will be the way to look at the the car as well as the company which is just stepping into the mass market after carrying the premium tag for so long, lets see if they can sustain the influx of mass orders and servicing. At the moment the long wait period for the Polo does not give much confidence in VW's ability to scale up to the expectations of the Indian Market.

Last edited by m_upreti : 17th August 2010 at 17:44.
Old 17th August 2010, 17:40   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Vento highline auto ex-thane price is 9 lakhs which is 1.4L cheaper than City V AT !
It's 10.09 OTR actually. Which is still cheaper than the ANHC

Last edited by noopster : 17th August 2010 at 17:41.
Old 17th August 2010, 18:27   #238
BHPian

Great review GTO. Very detailed indeed.

Looks like the current C segmenters will be in for some serious competition now. The diesel option sure looks a good buy. Waiting to get my hands on one for a spin. I wonder when Honda will come out with a diesel engine! With the competition building up and Toyota already launching their deisel version, dont think Honda can hold on for much longer without a diesel engine.

By the way, just a small doubt.

Where is the ground clearance measured from? I thought it was the lowest point on the car to the ground. Please correct me if I am wrong. From the pictures, the suspension base in the Vento does not look like a ground clearance of 168!

Also, is the option for adjusting the the front seat only on the left side or is for both the front seats? Surely it wouldnt be safe fidgeting the drivers seat from the rear!

Last edited by ajman28 : 17th August 2010 at 18:34.
Old 17th August 2010, 18:37   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
I think buying a Honda is like buying a mac. You know you're paying more, but you do so knowing that the mac is very different from a PC.

Try telling a mac owner that Windows is better than OSX...and then watch the sparks fly!!
Well said my friend ! Interesting comparison. Its a lifestyle decision i guess, you pay more for Honda because of the Brand Image and Clean Styling. But for the 1st time, heres's a car with an equal amount of Brand respect and probably equally attractive styling.
Old 17th August 2010, 18:43   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I see too many ANHC owners/lovers jumping in and comparing and "deciding" how their ANHC is better than Vento. Why is this group so vocal? I mean I do not see any Verna/Fiesta/Linea guys doing this.
Come on man, there is no harm (I don't own a ANHC). People are going to drive and buy only if they like some car anyway.
But this matchup is interesting !

Last edited by srishiva : 17th August 2010 at 18:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks