Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2011, 23:44   #2491
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
Not sure about that. But it is not only me, I can get you at least 8 other people who are reporting same petrol average figures (8kmpl) and the lack of power. And the acceleration IS dismal.

My intention of writing this stuff was not to elicit responses on what could be wrong. It's just that people like BS Motoring and team-bhp here are giving rave reviews on car that is not worth the money. You can read the ton of responses on bsmotoring also. You will find more people whining about the same stuff there.
If you read the diesel Vento's reviews and then decided to go for the petrol, then you will of course be unhappy.

The petrol Vento though it does not match the diesel Vento's mileage and torque, is no slouch. My office colleague has a petrol highline. I have driven her car a couple of times before I test drove the diesel. And frankly, I was satisfied by the acceleration. We all refuse to believe that it (the acceleration) is so dismal. Just look at the tech specs. The torque is marginally better than that of the ANHC. Would you compare the ANHC's torque to an Alto's?

As for the mileage, it all depends on the driver and the circumstances. If you spend most of your time in bumper to bumper traffic, even a diesel Vento would give the same mileage. The next time when you see the 8kmpl figure, check how much time you spent and what distance you travelled. You should get the answers for yourself.

About relying on VW for quality -- yes you can rely on the company. But you cannot rely on the dealer. When I took the delivery of the car, I had taken the PDI checklist from TBHP and checked most of the items in the list. The sales representative found it amusing and tried to discourage me but I stuck to it. Result -- peace of mind that I received a fresh and defect-free car.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 09:31   #2492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
If you read the diesel Vento's reviews and then decided to go for the petrol, then you will of course be unhappy.

Diesel was out of budget for us.

The petrol Vento though it does not match the diesel Vento's mileage and torque, is no slouch. My office colleague has a petrol highline. I have driven her car a couple of times before I test drove the diesel. And frankly, I was satisfied by the acceleration. We all refuse to believe that it (the acceleration) is so dismal. Just look at the tech specs. The torque is marginally better than that of the ANHC. Would you compare the ANHC's torque to an Alto's?

You are welcome to drive my car and find out for yourself.

As for the mileage, it all depends on the driver and the circumstances. If you spend most of your time in bumper to bumper traffic, even a diesel Vento would give the same mileage. The next time when you see the 8kmpl figure, check how much time you spent and what distance you travelled. You should get the answers for yourself.

I know that 99% of the driving is in the city during rush hour and bumper to bumper traffic.

About relying on VW for quality -- yes you can rely on the company. But you cannot rely on the dealer. When I took the delivery of the car, I had taken the PDI checklist from TBHP and checked most of the items in the list. The sales representative found it amusing and tried to discourage me but I stuck to it. Result -- peace of mind that I received a fresh and defect-free car.
What is PDI checklist?? Links plzzz
Old 28th July 2011, 12:21   #2493
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Farhad,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please open up a new detailed ownership thread, with pictures, and I'm sure member suggestions can help you sort things right.

Quote:
And the acceleration IS dismal.
While it's no Honda City on the open road, the performance is definitely par for the segment. It's not dismal by segment standards at all.

Quote:
team-bhp here are giving rave reviews on car that is not worth the money.
Many owners seem satisfied with their choice, and we do have plenty of VW Vento reviews on the forum. Every car has its list of satisfied & dissatisfied owners; For the record, the other Vento reviews have sufficiently high-lighted the cons of the car as well.

Quote:
What is PDI checklist?? Links plzzz
It would help if you search . And please do NOT use SMS language (plzzz) or type back to back posts on this forum.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 12:29   #2494
Senior - BHPian

My AC goes to 22 when I restart my engine at traffic lights by itself. I usually keep 26 and find the cool air blowing at my face after the engine starts.
Old 28th July 2011, 12:34   #2495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. The car has ZERO pick up. It drives like a Maruti Alto.
I find this surprising. I've driven the AT a couple of times and the pick-up was quite good. The MT should be even better!

Quote:
5. FUEL EFFICIENCY IS NON-EXISTENT. About 8KMPL in city driving.
This can also be attributed to several variables. A friend who drives a Vento AT in a good mix of city and highway easily gets ~10.5 kmpl from his vehicle.
Old 28th July 2011, 14:11   #2496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It would help if you search . And please do NOT use SMS language (plzzz) or type back to back posts on this forum.
Yep, I tried searching on this site. Did not help. Hence asked. Anyway, i will find it since you find it more helpful telling me to search instead of posting a link
Old 28th July 2011, 16:34   #2497
BHPian

Let me help

1. Go to Search
2. Type 'Check List'
3. Check the 'Search Titles Only' checkbox
4. It is the first record of the 4 that will fetch
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 17:33   #2498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
My AC goes to 22 when I restart my engine at traffic lights by itself. I usually keep 26 and find the cool air blowing at my face after the engine starts.
Srishive, there is something wrong then. The only situation in which the Climatronic will reset to 22 deg is if you have ONLY changed the temperature manually (i.e. when it was in "Auto" mode) and then after a while press "Auto" again (i.e. don't adjust any of the other knobs, whether recycle button or the speed knob). Don't know if I am making myself very clear .

Vento Climatronic has a perfect memory- it even remembers whether I have left it on Fresh/Recycle or even switched it off. You should get it checked.
Old 28th July 2011, 18:49   #2499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore

Yep, I tried searching on this site. Did not help. Hence asked. Anyway, i will find it since you find it more helpful telling me to search instead of posting a link
Dude! You seriously seems to be in a bad mood. You should calm down and open an ownership thread as advised by GTO. Then maybe we would also relate to why you are so angry, this way your anger seems totally unjustified to us

And as far as the search goes, please calm down and try search again. It really works, I have been using all these things since the last 4 years :-)
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 19:03   #2500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Vento Climatronic has a perfect memory- it even remembers whether I have left it on Fresh/Recycle or even switched it off. You should get it checked.
Are you sure about this? How do you switch on the AC - Auto or AC switch? In my car, I always used auto switch and then press re-circulation mode. may be i am doing something different than you.

Oh Sorry, I read your post again. do you mean you do not switch off the AC when switch off the car?
Old 28th July 2011, 20:17   #2501
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My bad, Farhad you meant the Vento AT? Of course it's slow. This is from our Vento AT post on the 1st page of this thread:

Quote:
This can get a little frustrating with the slush-box when you want instant go, as the Vento AT is underwhelming in these situations. It really won't get anywhere too fast. Further, the AT & the engine seem a tad strained when made to work hard (pedal to the metal), and can get audible on the inside.....To sum up the AT option; if you like giving your car some stick on empty roads, or late at night – this probably isn’t the choice for you.
All this time, I thought you were talking about the MT. The Vento AT is not a match for the awesome 5 speeder slushbox of the City, which is about 3 seconds faster to the 100.

Quote:
Anyway, i will find it since you find it more helpful telling me to search instead of posting a link
What's that saying about teaching a man how to fish . Please refer to our FAQ; you'll learn how to make quick searches (and a whole host of other things that'll have you addicted to Team-BHP ).
Old 28th July 2011, 20:30   #2502
BHPian

Quote:
My bad, Farhad you meant the Vento AT?
GTO, I doubt if Farhad is talking about the AT. He mentioned he bought the trendline petrol variant (not the IPL edition).
Old 28th July 2011, 21:33   #2503
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All this time, I thought you were talking about the MT. The Vento AT is not a match for the awesome 5 speeder slushbox of the City, which is about 3 seconds faster to the 100.
Yo GTO, stop dissing my car, man! In all seriousness though, where did that "3 seconds slower to 100" theory originate?

In S-mode, or better still, using tiptronic, rapid acceleration on the highways is not really an issue. The engine makes this yowling roar that is not to everybody's liking, but it DOES go.

Truth be told I find myself using S mode more and more (even at the loss of about 1 kmpl of FE) because I hate the thought of lugging the engine (in D it stays around 1200 rpm with a light foot, which makes me sad ).

In any case, brother Farhad has a trendline, so no question of AT!
Old 29th July 2011, 07:29   #2504

Hi
Guys, I lost my Verna Crdi in accident, and urgent need of new car. I do about 80/90km per day. I prefer AT as city driving in Bangalore very painful and my left knee pain becomes unbearable . I need quick advise based on the following facts. I plan to book new car by this week end. I am not able to decide between Honda City , Verna Petrol At and Vento Petrol At.

1. Out of 80km/ day, city driving will be 25km balance relatively free road.
2. Diesel AT is available only in Verna fludic , waiting period is minimum 4 to 6 months. For petrol version 2 months.
3. I am confused on Petrol AT millage. what will be best option between Honda City and Vento ? How much millage these two gives?
4. Maintenance cost, which one is better?

Request for a quick feed back
Regards
Sudhakar
Old 29th July 2011, 09:54   #2505
BHPian

Quote:
What's that saying about teaching a man how to fish . Please refer to our FAQ; you'll learn how to make quick searches (and a whole host of other things that'll have you addicted to Team-BHP ).
Hi,
Found this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...iat-linea.html

In that thread there is this link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

When I open it it says "No thread specified, please contact administrator".

perhaps.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th July 2011 at 20:55. Reason: Hi Farhadtarapore - i've updated the links in that thread. They should work now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks