Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Here's a advt from VW in today's TOI:
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vwoffer.png  

ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 10:46   #2507
BHPian

Some data points for you on the Vento AT in B'lore - I have owned a Vento AT for about 5months now and use it most in Bansawadi - Whitefield sector through the K.R.Puram traffic mess. This drive of about 14Km gets me an avg of ~10-10.5 Kmpl. On other city drives (with less congestion), I have avg upto 11.5-12 Kmpl. - Hope this helps.
Old 29th July 2011, 11:17   #2508
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
GTO, I doubt if Farhad is talking about the AT. He mentioned he bought the trendline petrol variant (not the IPL edition).
My bad, sorry for the confusion.

@ Farhad : This thread is going haywire now. Please open a new thread to discuss your Vento issues. That will also ensure a more focussed discussion in (hopefully) getting your problems sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
In all seriousness though, where did that "3 seconds slower to 100" theory originate?
ACI shootout. IIRC, the difference was 3.xx seconds to the 100 (Vento AT took nearly 15 seconds in the 0 - 100 dash).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 15:29   #2509
Senior - BHPian

Though the advt doesnt explicitly say so - Im pretty sure the offers will be only on petrol variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Old 29th July 2011, 16:08   #2510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Though the advt doesnt explicitly say so - Im pretty sure the offers will be only on petrol variants.
Please read the line in fine print at the bottom, with an asterisk:

"Not applicable for Vento"

Misleading ad from VW, I would say...

Last edited by rock22 : 29th July 2011 at 16:10. Reason: Typo
Old 29th July 2011, 16:11   #2511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Please read the line in fine print at the bottom, with an asterisk:

"Not applicable for Vento"

Misleading ad from VW, I would say...
You should read the fine line more finely dude. There is one star on one of the options and that option is not for Vento. Rest all options are for both. I dont think VW would show a photo of the Vento and say "Not applicable for Vento".
Old 29th July 2011, 16:12   #2512
Senior - BHPian

Will be getting my VW Vento TDi Highline Monsoon checkup camp done tomorrow, will post the experience shortly after its done. Even inquired for the Extended Warranty for my Vento TDi, it cost Rs. 11199 at KSM Navi Mumbai. Would be purchasing that tomorrow, what do you all suggest?
Old 29th July 2011, 16:18   #2513
BHPian

Quote:
You should read the fine line more finely dude. There is one star on one of the options and that option is not for Vento. Rest all options are for both. I dont think VW would show a photo of the Vento and say "Not applicable for Vento".
Ooops... my bad !
Thanks for pointing that out, buddy ! I was really wondering how could VW do such a thing...
So with such goodies on offer, you think Vento facelift is finally round the corner?

Last edited by rock22 : 29th July 2011 at 16:20. Reason: added comment
Old 29th July 2011, 17:22   #2514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Ooops... my bad !
Thanks for pointing that out, buddy ! I was really wondering how could VW do such a thing...
So with such goodies on offer, you think Vento facelift is finally round the corner?
Not sure about that. I guess Noopster had already mentioned somewhere that Vento facelift won't come until next year. All these offers flying in from all car companies is due to the slump in sales and ever increasing interest rates. Just an OT: You must have heard about the biggest offer ever: "Buy a VW Phaeton, get Beetle free". So, this is not related to the facelift, but just reaction from VW.
Old 29th July 2011, 19:16   #2515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any special promos for current owners given the torment that we braved to help establish the car . Think present owners should try shooting a mail , we deserve at least some discounted accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
@ Farhad : This thread is going haywire now. Please open a new thread to discuss your Vento issues. That will also ensure a more focussed discussion in (hopefully) getting your problems sorted.
Relieved !
Old 29th July 2011, 22:56   #2516
BHPian

I wanted to send in a round of thanks to the many folks on Team-BHP specially folks on this thread whose views helped me pick the Vento (Trendline Petrol). Delivery within a week.

Along with the round of thanks I had a question or 2 on the accessories Volkswagen sells. (I would imagine these prices are standard throughout Volkswagen showrooms across cities.)

I'm getting a 14k free accessories from the dealer, and I wanted to ask where I should use this 14k (has to be spent at the dealer).

Mats and Mudflaps - 3255
Body Cover (TYVEK) - 2940
Door Step Premium - 1095.

If these aren't worth it for that money, I can put some of this money into upgrading the music system (through Volkswagen). I realize the music system is being sold at a premium too. But this 14k isn't a discount right now - just free - take it or leave it.

I'm especially keen on getting the music system upgraded from these guys for their warranty is void if I get it fitted from outside of Volkswagen. But I'm open to ideas.
Old 30th July 2011, 01:35   #2517
Senior - BHPian

@anandbangalore,

Congratulations on your new ride. The TYVEK body cover is really good do pick that up. Mudflaps and mats are always good to have. Get them to give you a nice boot mat/organizer if this is not already a part of the mat set mentioned before.

As for the talk of warranty being void in case of the ICE system being installed outside is just a load of hot air. Two of my friends have VW vehicles, one being a Vento and both have upgraded their ICE from outside and have faced no issues wrt warranty on their various visits to the ASC for service etc.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 17:29   #2518
Senior - BHPian

@anandbangalore - Agree with khoj - warranty stays intact as long as there are no wires cut. I guess you can go for the ICE upgrade especially since I heard that it can be integrated with the reverse cam and GPS ( I am referring to the NIPPON one).
I am not a big fan of the cover since I believe it does more damage than good due to minute scratches on the paint everytime you put it on and take it off. With the tempered Banaglore weather the utility of a cover is further reduced as long as you have a covered parking.

Mats and Mudflaps are required accessories but good ones can be bought aftermarket at a much lesser price. I think the VW mudflap is box type ( hard one) which some have complained that they scrape on humps - so its better to put the flexible ones even if it slightly compromises the looks department.

Door step is more of a trinket , ask yourself how many times one steps on the area which it says protects !
Cheers
souravc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 18:03   #2519

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
@anandbangalore - Agree with khoj - warranty stays intact as long as there are no wires cut. I guess you can go for the ICE upgrade especially since I heard that it can be integrated with the reverse cam and GPS ( I am referring to the NIPPON one).
I am not a big fan of the cover since I believe it does more damage than good due to minute scratches on the paint everytime you put it on and take it off. With the tempered Banaglore weather the utility of a cover is further reduced as long as you have a covered parking.

Mats and Mudflaps are required accessories but good ones can be bought aftermarket at a much lesser price. I think the VW mudflap is box type ( hard one) which some have complained that they scrape on humps - so its better to put the flexible ones even if it slightly compromises the looks department.

Door step is more of a trinket , ask yourself how many times one steps on the area which it says protects !
Cheers
Hi Guys,
I booked Vento Petrol AT, at Elite Motors-Blr. Need some feed back on accessries.
Reverse Parking assistance with Camera: The sales guy says VW approved only reverse Parking Sensors that too with their approved vendor. If I fit non-approved equipment out side , they say Warranty will be void. Is there any good Reverse parking with camera which can be fitted without cutting the original wiring?
Which Sun film is good, especially for the windshield antiglare for night driving?
I think doorstep Premium and side door protector from dealer should be ok. Is there any better ideas or out side option.
For Audio , any enhancements for USB and blue tooth connevity, again without tampering the original wiring?
Seat covers, the dealer says VW approved cost Rs8500/- what is the feed back?
Any other usefull reccomandtions for accesseries?
Old 30th July 2011, 23:20   #2520
Distinguished - BHPian

Sudhakar, congrats and welcome to the Vento AT club. My 2 cents:

- Reverse parking assistance with camera through VW dealer will probably be a very expensive proposition. Mine is just a sensor (no camera) and they charged me 4800 for it. Definitely not worth it.
- Reverse camera integrated into one of the aftermarket HUs for the Vento (Caska, Motevo etc.) is probably a very good option and inexpensive too. If you're planning to upgrade the HU, would suggest you explore this option. AFAIK, installing these doesn't involve any wire-cutting (since they are plug and play design) but do keep in mind that if your dealer needs an excuse to back off from honouring warranty, this is as good as any!
- Sun film- I have Lumar clear film on everything except the front where I have Global 70% film. No perceptible effect on night driving.
- Seat covers: please go after-market, no question. check anilkalvani's Stanleys to see how sexy your car look! I have an unbranded OEM fit leather in mine which is reasonably goodlooking at a much lower budget. For 8500 you should get excellent art leather options.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks