Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 01:21   #2536
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
@el lobo 6061 & Souravc

Can you comment how much improvement you observed after the ECU upgrade. Also was there any change in Performance or FE. Also to what extent the NVH of the car improved.
There has been a marginal yet perceptible reduction in NVH on cold start though I think it will retain much of its 'matador' noise characteristic

Can't comment on any difference in FE since I really do not drive for maximising it - I get around 13-14 kmpl on an avg for 100% Mumbai city traffic ( at least 60% crawling traffic at speeds less than 15 kmph), full ac and I am happy with it.
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:11   #2537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is not impossible considering the pic on your avatar.

Anyway I think it is more of an ECU learning. There should not be any problems after that.
Well there is no more problem, I think it was ECU learning.
Today just experienced VW built quality, was taking a turn around a circle, just when a MS 800 came in front, so cut the car in right, I dont know what happened next I hear a strong sound from the driver side. I thought I might have hit the footpath around the circle, and I was thinking of the worst, but than I step out, there not even a scratch. Might have hit the under belly, but nothing, no scratch.
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:26   #2538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Can't comment on any difference in FE since I really do not drive for maximising it - I get around 13-14 kmpl on an avg for 100% Mumbai city traffic ( at least 60% crawling traffic at speeds less than 15 kmph), full ac and I am happy with it.
It is not FE but performance I am more interested in. If the reduction in noise is at the expense of performance I would rather stay away from it.
Old 2nd August 2011, 22:21   #2539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is not FE but performance I am more interested in. If the reduction in noise is at the expense of performance I would rather stay away from it.
There is no slackening in the performance, rest assured .
Old 3rd August 2011, 09:10   #2540
BHPian

[quote=P S Sudhakar;2450273]Many thanks noopster for quick response. are you living in Bangalore?
How is the AT performance ? I am little worried about the milage as confusing feed backs on net.

[quote=noopster;2450425]^^ Haha. OK time for resident Zen to speak: if FE is your prime consideration, then the Vento AT is *not* the car for you. In 100% metrop traffic, it will return about 8 kmpl. With my mix of city+highway (about 70:30) I get about 10.5 kmpl consistently. On the highway expect about 12.

I have own a Vento AT use it most in Bangalore's Bansawadi - Whitefield sector through the K.R.Puram traffic mess. Here is a data point of today's drive
Distance : 11 Km
Time taken : 0:59m
Avg Speed : 12Kmph
Mileage : 8.5 Kmpl
So it is not the best if your concern is fuel efficiency. But if your concern is driving ease and arriving at your destination in a relaxed state of mind - this is the car. (By the way the best I have got on this sector is 10.5 kmpl.)
Old 3rd August 2011, 10:51   #2541
BHPian

Update on noise level for new ECU firmware(23h) for HL TDI

Checked from driver seat (When windows closed) = 45-46 db
Checked from driver seat (When windows open) = 49-50 db

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 3rd August 2011 at 10:53.
TopSpeeder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:54   #2542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Update on noise level for new ECU firmware(23h) for HL TDI

Checked from driver seat (When windows closed) = 45-46 db
Checked from driver seat (When windows open) = 49-50 db
Would you be able to kindly state the earlier readings ?
Old 3rd August 2011, 20:42   #2543
Senior - BHPian

Guys!
Are you (TDi owners) using normal diesel or Extramile (IOC).
I am sure the extramile has only a few additives extra. The C10 number is supposed to be same. But can anyone comment which is recommended?
Old 3rd August 2011, 21:15   #2544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys!
I am sure the extramile has only a few additives extra. The C10 number is supposed to be same. But can anyone comment which is recommended?
VW only recommends use of normal BS4 diesel and not the one which has the additives as it can play spoil sport with the cars engine. Same thing, even the SA told me at the time of delivery.
I use only Hindustan Petroleum Normal Diesel priced at Rs. 45.xx. I dont like IOC & BP, quality cannot be trusted. I wouldn't recommend additives for TDi engines.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:20   #2545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys!
Normal diesel , just as El Lobo has mentioned . Never liked any of the additive fuels (petrol / diesel) , don't trust them enough . I mostly fill up at an IOC coco outlet or a HPCL coco outlet - tried and trusted ones
Old 4th August 2011, 06:43   #2546
BHPian

Can anyone name a few "tried and tested" bunks for diesel along my usual way(s):
1. Lower Parel - Dadar TT - Sion - Thane via EEH
2. Lower Parel - Shiv Sena Bhavan - Citylight - Sion Hospital - Thane via EEH
3. Lower Parel - Five gardens - Wadala - INOX - RCF - Thane via EEH

I believe there is a thread discussing this but it gets confusing sometimes.
Old 4th August 2011, 11:47   #2547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
Can anyone name a few "tried and tested" bunks for diesel along my usual way(s):
1. Lower Parel - Dadar TT - Sion - Thane via EEH
2. Lower Parel - Shiv Sena Bhavan - Citylight - Sion Hospital - Thane via EEH
3. Lower Parel - Five gardens - Wadala - INOX - RCF - Thane via EEH

I believe there is a thread discussing this but it gets confusing sometimes.

On route 1. BP Pure for Sure bunk just prior to the Matunga Circle while driving towards Thane.

As for the other routes and more recommendations refer to the correct thread, link given below.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ps-mumbai.html
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 11:31   #2548
Senior - BHPian

Im quoting this post to clear off a basic doubt that I'm having with the ventos climate control system.

Just got the car delivered yesterday and I went through the owner's manual but couldnt get clarity on the following -

- I set the temperature to 22 C, choose Auto mode, and then opt for recirculation mode.

When i was using manual A/C - I used to switch off the system before turning ignition off - but I dont see a way I can do it in this? Or should i just leave it the way it is and switch off the ignition? Can someone give me some usage guidelines on this?

I assume the A/C button in the system is for manual override? Am I correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Vento Climatronic has a perfect memory- it even remembers whether I have left it on Fresh/Recycle or even switched it off. You should get it checked.
Old 6th August 2011, 11:47   #2549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Im quoting this post to clear off a basic doubt that I'm having with the ventos climate control system.

Just got the car delivered yesterday and I went through the owner's manual but couldnt get clarity on the following -

- I set the temperature to 22 C, choose Auto mode, and then opt for recirculation mode.

When i was using manual A/C - I used to switch off the system before turning ignition off - but I dont see a way I can do it in this? Or should i just leave it the way it is and switch off the ignition? Can someone give me some usage guidelines on this?

I assume the A/C button in the system is for manual override? Am I correct?
The 'perfect memory' bit works when you switch off the ignition without "turning off" the ac . The Vento climate control system is turned off by turning off the blower - please use the blower knob and turn it anti-clockwise.
There are separate knobs for temp control and blowers .. hope you have gotten used to the auto mode and how the auto mode has outside ventilation as the default mode
Old 6th August 2011, 12:32   #2550
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for stepping in (again!) to help me Souravc.

I get what you are trying to explain me. My question is - Should I switch off the A/C (Blower) before shutting off the car? I usually do it as a practice in the manual A/C cars to avoid the additional load on the engine during startup.

If I do switch off the blower fan - when I start it back should I configure my preferences all over again?

What is recommended? I prefer the first option - since I always drive the car with A/C on - but I dont want to be doing it if this is going to damage the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
The 'perfect memory' bit works when you switch off the ignition without "turning off" the ac . The Vento climate control system is turned off by turning off the blower - please use the blower knob and turn it anti-clockwise.
There are separate knobs for temp control and blowers .. hope you have gotten used to the auto mode and how the auto mode has outside ventilation as the default mode

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks