Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 15:54   #2791
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Even I am surprised a little with Vento's numbers lately. Its fallen to the third slot way too soon and easily ie after the ANHV and the ANHC. And third in this segment means as good as last as the other 2 cars are not much of a competition anyways namely the NFS and the Linea. The Vento has the advantage of having a good diesel engine, please everyone looks, VW badge, fun to drive, decent FE, priced aggressively and still it has lost to the other 2 cars. I am guessing VW dealership's attitude all across the country is the major reason behind it.
Old 6th September 2011, 18:01   #2792
Senior - BHPian

One observation from my side - If you compare last 6 months numbers - the total production numbers between polo and vento has almost been constant M-O-M. I feel this is their optimum production capability and they are juggling the numbers between polo and vento depending on the length of waiting list. For a few months where the vento numbers are in 3XXX, polo would have gone down to 2XXX and vice versa. Waiting period for the TDI variant in the NCR region is almost nil, compared to southern states where it is currently 4 months.

Whether VW missed a trick by increasing their production capacity is debatable and I for one dont have the business acumen to comment on it. However, I can bet the numbers for vento is going to remain fairly constant atleast for the next few months time...
Old 6th September 2011, 18:12   #2793
BHPian

I do not know about the waiting period, specially here in the south. While booking in August the promise was 2.5 to 3 months but will definitely be delivered by 4. But yesterday I heard from the SA that It might be Jan before I get the car which makes it 5+ months. I am trying to get clarity on this but am this close to cancelling my booking now. While its a great car, I don't think its one to loose sleep over.

Judging by the way the fludic is selling like hot cakes with a waiting period of 5+ months currently, I dont think the long waiting period alone plays a crucial factor in the relatively linear/lesser numbers of the Vento. It has to be a mix production capacity like Bala mentioned and the pathetic dealership experience.

Last edited by SR-71 : 6th September 2011 at 18:21.
Old 6th September 2011, 18:35   #2794
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear that things havent improved in this part of the country. I recollect reading the notice board indicating waiting period of 4 months recently and if it has moved up once again, it is very bad indeed. Hope, things work out well for you.

Why not wait for the laurette launch? You will get almost the same car, but with an skoda badge and may be some added goodies as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I do not know about the waiting period, specially here in the south. While booking in August the promise was 2.5 to 3 months but will definitely be delivered by 4. But yesterday I heard from the SA that It might be Jan before I get the car which makes it 5+ months. I am trying to get clarity on this but am this close to cancelling my booking now. While its a great car, I don't think its one to loose sleep over.
Old 6th September 2011, 18:36   #2795
BHPian

I was at Volkswagen delearship here in gurgaon. He said that the car is readily available. If the colour is not in stock then 7 to 10 days. Chandigarh volkswagen is saying 1 to 1.5 months..

I would say that my Experience with both the showrooms have been exemplary specially with the gurgaon one.

I am planning to get my car from CHD though becuase of savings on Registration cost.

Also, the delear told me that price might increase slightly becuase some feature are getting added in the car. He was not sure of the features and how much the price is going to increase.

Really desparate to make the booking..
Old 6th September 2011, 18:38   #2796
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
One observation from my side - If you compare last 6 months numbers - the total production numbers between polo and vento has almost been constant M-O-M. I feel this is their optimum production capability and they are juggling the numbers between polo and vento depending on the length of waiting list. For a few months where the vento numbers are in 3XXX, polo would have gone down to 2XXX and vice versa. Waiting period for the TDI variant in the NCR region is almost nil, compared to southern states where it is currently 4 months.
+1 to this. If sales were actually dropping for the vento, we would have seen the waiting periods drop to the bare minimum. The only drop I saw in the waiting period is once the verna was launched - WP went down to 1-2 months for a short while.

A friend working at VW mentioned that for the diesel production line, demand is far exceeding supply output.

But in addition to that they seem to be having issues with their distribution too, with the varying waiting periods across the country.

@SR71 - I am in the same boat as you, but still would advise you to hold on. Of course, the best alternative is to use the oldest trick of indian business - Jugaad. Get someone inside VW to help if possible.
Old 6th September 2011, 18:57   #2797
Senior - BHPian

The vento delivery delays thread gives you step by step guide on how to go about in doing this!!!

By the way - The best inside help that I got was from a very member of this forum, who wouldnt identify himself in public. Best of luck to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Of course, the best alternative is to use the oldest trick of indian business - Jugaad. Get someone inside VW to help if possible.
Old 6th September 2011, 19:40   #2798
Distinguished - BHPian

The SA I talk to at VW told me that the new Vento is coming next month. The only added feature according to him is steering audio controls. He denied the addition of auto-folding ORVMs.
Old 6th September 2011, 19:46   #2799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
The SA I talk to at VW told me that the new Vento is coming next month. The only added feature according to him is steering audio controls. He denied the addition of auto-folding ORVMs.
Next month launch or delivery from next month's batch. Reason am asking is I recently booked a Vento TDi with expected delivery in 2 months. Now I don't mind if it gets delayed if I will get the new one with the steering controls
Old 6th September 2011, 20:41   #2800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I am planning to get my car from CHD though becuase of savings on Registration cost.
Can you please share the OTR price of chandigarh for the Vento? And also what all documents one needs to get the car registered in CHG? Recently I have seen a lot of cars in Delhi carrying chg number plates. I am actually planning to buy the Jetta and the Vento/Altis. If chg thing works out cheaper I will go for it.
I stay in delhi and do not own anything in chg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Next month launch or delivery from next month's batch. Reason am asking is I recently booked a Vento TDi with expected delivery in 2 months. Now I don't mind if it gets delayed if I will get the new one with the steering controls
He said the car will be launching next month and the only change he knows is the addition of steering controls. The talk happened while we were waiting for the TD car to arrive. I have been interacting this guy over the last 2-3 months and he has come across as a decent honest guy. So you might want to clarify with your SA/Dealer about the same. Although the price will also go up with the addition of steering controls I guess.

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th September 2011 at 13:35. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
Old 6th September 2011, 20:46   #2801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Reg. "hill hold control", for gentle upward slopes when I engage D, the car doesn't in fact move backward when I release the brake (the forward thrust balances the gravity effect), But this is common behaviour in an AT (even the Civic does this) and I am pretty sure this isn't the hillhold offered in other VW models like the Passat.
Not on the City AT, I am afraid. You have to engage the hand brake,give acceleration,then release the hand brake. No "hill hold". Or is it only my car?
Old 6th September 2011, 20:51   #2802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Can you please share the OTR price of chandigarh for the Vento? And also what all documents one needs to get the car registered in CHG? Recently I have seen a lot of cars in Delhi carrying chg number plates. I am actually planning to buy the Jetta and the Vento/Altis. If chg thing works out cheaper I will go for it.
I stay in delhi and do not own anything in chg.
Vento Highline Diesel Ex: 9:46
Insurance: 34K
Extended Warranty: 11K

All the figures except Ex Showroom price are approximate. I dont have the exact figures. I have Voters ID Card, License and PAN from CHD. That is why I can get it done from there. I think if you dont have any ID document of CHD it would be difficult. The major difference from Gurgaon and CHD is registration. In gurgaon it is 6% and in CHD it is 4% so the difference of around 13-14K.
Old 6th September 2011, 20:52   #2803
Distinguished - BHPian

@charthom- I will test it on mdsaab's GB the next time we meet.

The North India distrubution skew has been discussed before on this thread, or perhaps on the delays thread. There are still definitely huge waiting periods in South and Western India. I have a feeling VW would have managed to sell 3500-4000 cars consistently if they'd got their supply issues sorted out. Pity!
Old 6th September 2011, 21:29   #2804
BHPian

Hi,

Can somebody get some information from inside as to what these additions are that are coming to Vento Highline. The reason I want to know is because if its the Steering Mounted Control only I dont want it because that makes changing OEM stereo even more painful and since it does not read USBs I will have to change it and might have to buy some adapter to make steering controls compatiple with that. If they are upgrading the stereo as well and the new one can read USBs then I will wait for the new one as I desparately want that feature.

The reason for desparation is that Gurgaon dealer has told me 10 days waiting and CHD dealer has told 1-1.5 months waiting. If the new model is worth waiting I would go with the CHD delear else if its only the steering mounted controls I dont want to have it and pay extra then I would go with the Gurgaon delear.

If anybody can get some info on this early that would really help me a lot.

Thanks in advance..
Old 6th September 2011, 21:47   #2805
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Hi,

Can somebody get some information from inside as to what these additions are that are coming to Vento Highline.
Rachit, had answered this some posts ago based on some inside info I have (trust it at your own risk ):

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
...no rain-sensing wipers, leatherette seats, auto-headlamps etc. in the Vento refresh planned. The all-important steering mounted controls and USB-compatible HU, plus parking sensors is the only thing you can look forward to additionally.
Since the HU and parking sensors are easily added in the aftermarket, I guess you're right: the steering mounted controls are the only main difference. Also I have reason to believe these will just control the audio and not be Bluetooth-enabled (similar to new Jetta).
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks