Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2011, 15:05   #2821
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

I am 5'11" and didnt notice difficulty wrt to the head room available. Did you try adjusting the drivers seat's height? I have a feeling your seat's height is an issue here.

Best of luck with your new car. And also go through another thread which describes the features present in the vento. You might be surprised to see some of them not present in your car. A simple software update is all thats needed at the workshop.
drmohitg, I am still learning the cars added facilities but since its my sisters vehicle I can't really take it for a long drive to enjoy the power under the hood. Speaking of power once the turbo lag has set the car just pushes itself forward like a rocket, the burst of acceleration is just wonderful. I drive a Toyota Corolla which is a wonderful car with good manners. I still feel this car (Vento) could have been the king of this segment had it been a bit better. Don't get me wrong I'd prefer driving this in the city with its short base and the mileage it delivers is just prudent of Volkswagen experience with building cars. We as Indians do tend to accept things as they come. I would say the same with our cars. We could have better cars had the general public given more thought to brand value, engine performance and mileage (I specify in this order), but manufacturers here tend to give us a pretty car with low power in it. I do hope the Indian car market scene gets to see powerful v6 and v8 engines make their entry into our market at an affordable price.
Old 7th September 2011, 16:12   #2822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post

The power feed to the steering should be back on the moment you turn on the ignition and the MID console lights up - there is no noticeable lag . Please check again !
Well, it happened once and is not repeatable. Hence its scary.
Old 7th September 2011, 16:58   #2823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Can you please check with your dealer on the new brochure for more details on the additions? I hope the new steering wheel is like this. Took it from the VW Russian site.

Обзор < Polo седан < Модели. < Volkswagen Russia. Not sure if the chrome insert and leather wrapping will come back :P
From the given website it looks like an RCD 310 HU, features are bigger screen with USB/Aux-In.

Jetta and Passat comes with RCD 510 HU which is an touch screen one.
Old 7th September 2011, 18:10   #2824
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Noopster (& other Pune based friends),
Any idea how is the waiting for TDI highline in Pune currently? Anybody you knew booked recently? I am trying to time my purchase so that I get the car in Jan-2012 (hopefully the upgraded version with steering controls). Thanks in advance!
Old 7th September 2011, 18:16   #2825
Senior - BHPian

This is very surprising indeed. How can the dealer provide a quotation without official word from VW? And yes, both insurance and registration fees will increase proportionately.

In place like chennai/bangalore - if the ex-showroom breaches 10 lakh mark (Current ex-showroom in TN is 9.6 Lakhs), then the registration charges are high. Eg - it is 15% for cars costing more than 10 lakh in chennai and I beleive 16.5% in bangalore.

Need to wait for noopsters comments to get some insight into this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Hi Guys,

I have recived the new Quotation from the delear.

Ex Showroom: 9:82 (Earlier it was 9:48)

So the difference comes out to be 34K.
Old 7th September 2011, 18:21   #2826
BHPian

I just spoke with the SA here in Chennai dealership. The news is indeed true. But they haven't received any confirmation on the new price and expect it in the next 2 - 3 days. But going by the raise in other states the price will touch 10L in Tamilnadu which means it falls into the 15% tax bracket against the 10%. That makes the offset we are seeing today with ANHC rendered worthless. If it crosses 10L I will definitely cancel my booking and go in for the ANHC which at 5Yrs and 80K kms will cost the same to run as the Vento diesel high line.
Old 7th September 2011, 18:37   #2827
Senior - BHPian

If it crossed 10 lakhs ex-showroom, it will rightaway add atleast 50k to your registration charges alone and the OTR will be close to 12 Lakhs in TN, which is too high IMO. TN has an additional 2% VAT compared to the other states which makes the current ex-showroom 9.6 lakhs (9.48 in gurgaon). I'm poor with mathematics, but i guess it should get pretty close but may settle a shade below 10 lakhs ex-showroom in TN.

I repeat, if this 34k increase is true, then VW has increased their price of TDI variant by 59k within a year of launching the car. This quantum of increase is too high IMO and I dont recollect an increase of this proportion in the recent times with any other company (below 20 lakhs).
Old 7th September 2011, 18:47   #2828
Senior - BHPian

Al the companies display the ex-showroom price on their website. Unable to find anything on VWs. Everything is so obscure!

By the way is it available on the official site? Somewhere hidden deep under!

Last edited by oxyzen : 7th September 2011 at 18:50.
Old 7th September 2011, 18:55   #2829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Al the companies display the ex-showroom price on their website. Unable to find anything on VWs. Everything is so obscure!

By the way is it available on the official site? Somewhere hidden deep under!
VW's website design is the poorest of them all. Its extremely tough to gather any information from there. For instance I am unable to find the colour options available for the new jetta. Similarly I don't think they give the prices either.
Old 7th September 2011, 19:05   #2830
BHPian

To my surprise also only the Gurgaon dealer is saying that he has the new quote. I spoke to 5 other dealers and nobody has any clear info on the amount of price increase. I think nothing official from Volkswagen as of now. They have just informed the dealers so that they could put that in customers mind beforehand becuase since there is around a months gap in delivery and by the time the car would be delievered the prices would have increased.
Old 7th September 2011, 19:07   #2831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
VW's website design is the poorest of them all. Its extremely tough to gather any information from there. For instance I am unable to find the colour options available for the new jetta. Similarly I don't think they give the prices either.

Not only is their information unavailable on the website, they are also unreliable. And VW agrees to it.

The following is copied from the VW website
Quote:
The information, pictures, colours, and specifications contained within the Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited website are presented as a general guide to the products and accessories offered by Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited. Although every effort has been made to ensure that such information is correct and up to date, no warranty is provided that all such information is reliable, complete, accurate or without error. In some cases pictures of overseas models may be shown as a guide. Therefore, Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited does not accept liability for damages of any kind resulting from the access or use of this site and its contents
I am not sure if all the companies claim this. Or am I going a bit too far.
I believe if you are looking for authentic information the best place is the official website. Now what if they say that they cant stand by what is written.

Last edited by oxyzen : 7th September 2011 at 19:09.
Old 7th September 2011, 19:08   #2832
BHPian

Hi All !

VW Dehradun SA has just confirmed that Vento with some added features would be available from the next month. The changes he confirmed are as follows.

1. Steering mounted audio controls.
2. A better ICE with Aux / Memory Card slot, but no bluetooth - the same unit used in old Jetta. But he wouldn't cofirm the USB port.
3. White backlit climate control and MID.
4. Some change in headlights and tail-lights.
5. Internal intruder surveillance system would be gone.

He indicated a price rise in the range of 25-30K, and probably the freebies like free insurance would also not be available... so effective rise is in the range of 50-60K !

The features are welcome, but the price... lets see
rock22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 19:24   #2833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Noopster (& other Pune based friends),
Any idea how is the waiting for TDI highline in Pune currently? Anybody you knew booked recently? I am trying to time my purchase so that I get the car in Jan-2012 (hopefully the upgraded version with steering controls). Thanks in advance!
Hey SDP, as far as I know Ninjatalli is awaiting delivery of his Vento TDi HL (estimated at 4 months). He has booked from BU Bhandari.

Also, do check this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-delivery.html
Old 7th September 2011, 19:48   #2834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
If it crossed 10 lakhs ex-showroom, it will rightaway add atleast 50k to your registration charges alone and the OTR will be close to 12 Lakhs in TN, which is too high IMO. TN has an additional 2% VAT compared to the other states which makes the current ex-showroom 9.6 lakhs (9.48 in gurgaon). I'm poor with mathematics, but i guess it should get pretty close but may settle a shade below 10 lakhs ex-showroom in TN.

I repeat, if this 34k increase is true, then VW has increased their price of TDI variant by 59k within a year of launching the car. This quantum of increase is too high IMO and I dont recollect an increase of this proportion in the recent times with any other company (below 20 lakhs).
One good thing about this hike is it'll make the choice between Optra Magnum and Vento diesel a little easier
Old 7th September 2011, 21:01   #2835
Senior - BHPian

Looks like VW have indeed communicated something to the dealers regarding price hike. We are getting to hear this from everyone and looks as though its going to be in the ballpark of around 30-35k.

We are hearing first time about points # 3,4 and 5. It will be great if VW gives the smoked headlamps in the vento - will look awesome! I personally think white backlit ACC will look much better than what it currently looks in blue.

On the other hand, removal of the interior survellience system will be a shocker. So, what is the price increase for then?

These changes are hardly worth the asking increase of around 30k!

Edit - Looks like VW has decided to make us (current vento owners) a happy lot by doing this - they are compensating for the ordeal that we all went through to get our cars I guess!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Hi All !

VW Dehradun SA has just confirmed that Vento with some added features would be available from the next month. The changes he confirmed are as follows.

1. Steering mounted audio controls.
2. A better ICE with Aux / Memory Card slot, but no bluetooth - the same unit used in old Jetta. But he wouldn't cofirm the USB port.
3. White backlit climate control and MID.
4. Some change in headlights and tail-lights.
5. Internal intruder surveillance system would be gone.

He indicated a price rise in the range of 25-30K, and probably the freebies like free insurance would also not be available... so effective rise is in the range of 50-60K !

The features are welcome, but the price... lets see

Last edited by bala80 : 7th September 2011 at 21:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks