Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2011, 21:53   #2836
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
On the other hand, removal of the interior survellience system will be a shocker. So, what is the price increase for then?

These changes are hardly worth the asking increase of around 30k!
But then they should keep the price same. They are adding some stuff and taking away some. By increasing the prices again and again and not launching any CL variant they are just making ANHV and ANHC more VFM.
Old 8th September 2011, 01:45   #2837
BHPian

Price rise? Damn. While I would love to get an OEM HU with USB along with steering controls, another 40K price increase would do no good. Already, ANHC and ANHV are mounting pressure on Vento, and by the looks of their Gurgaon showroom, not many customers were waiting to buy Vento. The price rise would further dent their sales in the upcoming festival season. Hopefully, they would provide the features now and increase the price after the festive season ends!

On a side note, Volkswagen sales person were very cordial and enthusiastic this time - a huge contrast from my previous experience and what other members have also reported. Maybe they knew that the new Vento is coming and they wanted to clear their existing stock (Gurgaon has no waiting period).
Old 8th September 2011, 06:57   #2838
BHPian

A full page ad in todays Hindu talks about special edition Vento Breeze. Similar to IPL edition except for parking sensor and brand name as Breeze. Not sure if it is for Trendline only. And this is valid only if you book on 10 or 11 September.

Guess this has nothing to do with steering controls upgrade?

Todays turn of tearing hair apart due to lack of clarity from Volkswagen is done.
Old 8th September 2011, 07:14   #2839
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jods View Post
(Gurgaon has no waiting period).
I just cannot figure out the difference in the waiting period between the North and South. I had been to VW dealers stock yard in Bangalore recently and I can confirm that their inventory was really low indicating that the Dealers are not receiving supplies as easily as the North Dealer.

Does North favour petrol car vis a vis South which has an affinity for diesel? If this is true, it could explain the difference in waiting periods

Cheers

KPS

Last edited by KPS : 8th September 2011 at 07:15.
Old 8th September 2011, 08:27   #2840
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
I just cannot figure out the difference in the waiting period between the North and South. I had been to VW dealers stock yard in Bangalore recently and I can confirm that their inventory was really low indicating that the Dealers are not receiving supplies as easily as the North Dealer.

Does North favour petrol car vis a vis South which has an affinity for diesel? If this is true, it could explain the difference in waiting periods

Cheers

KPS
I doubt that we prefer petrol. The price difference is the same here too and I am increasingly seeing diesel cars only on the road. Its more to do with VW's mindboggling marketing skills.
Old 8th September 2011, 08:33   #2841
BHPian

The breeze is only for petrol as per Economic Times article.

http://m.economictimes.com/news/news...ow/9899151.cms
Old 8th September 2011, 08:48   #2842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Noopster (& other Pune based friends),
Any idea how is the waiting for TDI highline in Pune currently? Anybody you knew booked recently? I am trying to time my purchase so that I get the car in Jan-2012 (hopefully the upgraded version with steering controls). Thanks in advance!
@SDP, As per the dealer, (w.r.t to diesels) the waiting period is a lot dependent on the color. My second choice of color, black was offered to me within a month and half of my booking date. Also a week back, the sales guy told me that he has red color readily available.

Blue unfortunately is taking a long time. But having inquired with VW 2 days back (through a friend who works there), its seems that ain't the case. The dealer did have blue diesel Vento delivered to him last month, he has probably bypassed me and handed over to other customers.

I'll be meeting up with the dealer SE around this weekend - do PM me if you need any particular info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
It has to be petrol

Last I heard VW has taken up a huge warehouse somewhere close to the express highway to store the 12000 - 14000 petrol cars!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 8th September 2011 at 09:12.
Old 8th September 2011, 08:55   #2843
Distinguished - BHPian

Edit : Mods, Sorry for the back to back post. Kindly delete this post.

Quote:
It has to be petrol

Last I heard VW has taken up a huge warehouse somewhere close to the express highway to store the 12000 - 14000 petrol cars!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 8th September 2011 at 09:13.
Old 8th September 2011, 09:55   #2844
BHPian

I'm trying to understand how the steering mounted controls work. If you look at the steering of the current Vento, the places where the controls go appear to be detachable - and that makes me think if it's possible to retrofit the controls. If yes, hopefully VW will sell it as an accessory.
Old 8th September 2011, 10:53   #2845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Even today's TOI carries one full page ad @ the Vento & Polo Breeze Special Editions. As per this ad

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-v.png

Article Window
Old 8th September 2011, 11:13   #2846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
On the other hand, removal of the interior survellience system will be a shocker.

These changes are hardly worth the asking increase of around 30k!

Edit - Looks like VW has decided to make us (current vento owners) a happy lot by doing this - they are compensating for the ordeal that we all went through to get our cars I guess!!!
It would indeed be a shocker if the interior motion detecting survelliance system goes , I think its a very useful and cool system . Is it another case of cost cutting ? The survelliance systems are German made so obviously would be costlier than usual . I would be worried if its discontinued , since if something in the survelliance system conks out it would mean that we would be holding a dud .

I find it extremely disturbing VW's discrimination between NCR and the rest of India . Well the skewedness is mindboggling , there can be a difference of a week or 2 but how can they give cars off the shelf in NCR and make people wait for 4-6 months elsewhere ! Plain stupidity.

P.S - VW would find it tough to justify a hike of 35-40K based on the mentioned upgrades , sales would be doomed ! But it seems that the features are not coming at no additional cost ! Refer the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...n-variant.html

Last edited by souravc : 8th September 2011 at 11:28. Reason: Had to add the doomsday forecast :-)
Old 8th September 2011, 16:15   #2847
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like GTO's prediction is coming true: the only way the Vento petrol will sell is through a series of "special editions"

What's with VW creating logos for every silly thing? "Breeze" has its own logo!
Old 8th September 2011, 16:51   #2848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Looks like GTO's prediction is coming true: the only way the Vento petrol will sell is through a series of "special editions"

What's with VW creating logos for every silly thing? "Breeze" has its own logo!
Very true @ the Vento petrol. Rather than creating a new logo for the Breeze, VW would be better off providing some reinforcements for the existing VW logo. This can at least arrest the logo thefts which are more prominent on VW vehicles due to its larger than life size.This would bring the much needed sigh of relief for its existing customers.
Old 8th September 2011, 18:29   #2849
mxx
BHPian

The hideous stickers in breeze makes ipl edition look so mush better. Another silly special edition from vw. And whats with those pillows????
mxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 18:35   #2850
Senior - BHPian

And there are VW folks in this forum who read/follow related threads. This was originally brought up some 3-4 months back, but the situation has not improved at all, Defies any logic if you ask me. VW is bound to lose more than what they gain by doing this.

And yes, vento breeze is basically the unsold petrol trendline variants which are lying stocked up somewhere. Someone commented that VW has hired a big godown near some expressway to stock these petrol models (I dont know how true it is though!). Why not kit them a little better and introduce them as petrol comfortline? -I'm sure there will be lot of takers for that instead of these cheap gimmicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I find it extremely disturbing VW's discrimination between NCR and the rest of India . Well the skewedness is mindboggling , there can be a difference of a week or 2 but how can they give cars off the shelf in NCR and make people wait for 4-6 months elsewhere ! Plain stupidity.

P.S - VW would find it tough to justify a hike of 35-40K based on the mentioned upgrades , sales would be doomed ! But it seems that the features are not coming at no additional cost ! Refer the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...n-variant.html
That's a good one autoindian. Logo theft is now catching up in southern states too and I can see VW is the hottest one amongst these morons. Everytime i take out my car, the first thing I check is if the logos are intact. The front one looks more vulnerable than the rear one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Very true @ the Vento petrol. Rather than creating a new logo for the Breeze, VW would be better off providing some reinforcements for the existing VW logo. This can at least arrest the logo thefts which are more prominent on VW vehicles due to its larger than life size.This would bring the much needed sigh of relief for its existing customers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks