Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2011, 18:58   #2866
mxx
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Usually the dealers advice the fittings to be done in the their service center to avoid warranty problems. Eg: you can buy a head unit and bring it to service center to get it fixed. I dont have a vw, but this is done by most service center, vw also might do it.
Old 10th September 2011, 19:06   #2867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Usually the dealers advice the fittings to be done in the their service center to avoid warranty problems. Eg: you can buy a head unit and bring it to service center to get it fixed. I dont have a vw, but this is done by most service center, vw also might do it.
If one has a VW and one is sure that the modification is not going to void the warranty , thats exactly one should not do . The VW workshops mechanics bill you in euros , they are expensive.
Changing in the workshop is no excuse for not voiding warranty , any change in specs voids it . I guess Bala's approach is the best ( fitting back the stock stuff if there is any reason to go to a workshop due to issues with mod ) followed by maintaining great relationship with the workshop guys
Old 10th September 2011, 19:16   #2868
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Changing in the workshop is no excuse for not voiding warranty , any change in specs voids it .
This is not a facility provided by the manufacturer(vw or any other). This is done by the service center/dealer.
Now, if you get this done at service center A and then later you go with a warranty claim to service center B, B can still say warranty is void because they or vw did not promise anything. Only thing sc A might not reject warranty stating the work done by them only. Something better than nothing when you need to do any mods.
Old 11th September 2011, 09:06   #2869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
My friend upgraded his lights to 100/90w from the showroom. The SA said it wont void the warranty.
Just watch out for the heat build up. In a friend's Skoda Laura L&K, the heat build up clouded up the polycarbonate headlight lens and because of his excellent relationship with the dealer got it replaced under warranty. This was about 4 years ago and hopefully they are using better material these days.
HIDs heat build up is lower but light scatter is higher. Projectors with HIDs are ideal but costly.

Last edited by basky : 11th September 2011 at 09:22. Reason: grammar
Old 11th September 2011, 11:42   #2870
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried using 205/55/15's on the stock alloys of the Vento Highline ?? I intend to upsize on taking delivery. The overall diameter is nearly identical to stock, the car comes with 185's which I find a tad too thin on the car.

Anyone who may have upsized kindly advise, I just want to ensure there is no wheel fowling with the suspension.
Old 11th September 2011, 11:53   #2871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63
Has anyone tried using 205/55/15's on the stock alloys of the Vento Highline ?? I intend to upsize on taking delivery. The overall diameter is nearly identical to stock, the car comes with 185's which I find a tad too thin on the car.

Anyone who may have upsized kindly advise, I just want to ensure there is no wheel fowling with the suspension.
Not sure if I m right in answering this, but I have upsized this in Polo tdi high line to the exact same size as you mention. I did on day 1 so no comparison stats. There is absolutely no issues whatsoever and it feels macho on a hatch. Btw I used yokohoma s drives.

I think couple of vento owners have done as well, and boy it just adds to the personality
Old 11th September 2011, 12:02   #2872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22
Hi All !

VW Dehradun SA has just confirmed that Vento with some added features would be available from the next month. The changes he confirmed are as follows.

1. Steering mounted audio controls.
2. A better ICE with Aux / Memory Card slot, but no bluetooth - the same unit used in old Jetta. But he wouldn't cofirm the USB port.
3. White backlit climate control and MID.
4. Some change in headlights and tail-lights.
5. Internal intruder surveillance system would be gone.

He indicated a price rise in the range of 25-30K, and probably the freebies like free insurance would also not be available... so effective rise is in the range of 50-60K !

The features are welcome, but the price... lets see
I doubt that they will give white backlit display. World over VW jetta's identity is blue and red backlits....
Old 11th September 2011, 18:42   #2873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Not sure if I m right in answering this, but I have upsized this in Polo tdi high line to the exact same size as you mention. I did on day 1 so no comparison stats. There is absolutely no issues whatsoever and it feels macho on a hatch. Btw I used yokohoma s drives.

I think couple of vento owners have done as well, and boy it just adds to the personality

Nice to know that. I was also planning on S-Drives in that size

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I doubt that they will give white backlit display. World over VW jetta's identity is blue and red backlits....

As far as I know the HU will have a bluethooth option. There is the reverse sensors with graphic display on the HU. Wonder what kind of lights they intend to use. I guess it would be a small change as they are not going to change sheet metal work to accomodate the new design.

As for the backlit display, we'll find out sooner than later - won't we !!

Cheers
Old 11th September 2011, 18:48   #2874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Btw I used yokohoma s drives.
It would be great to know if you considered C drive - I understand that its quieter than S drives and a better compromise between dry and wet drive though the S drives are more of performance tyres , much much better for dry drives but slightly iffy for wet drives . Mind you , these are all second hand information , would be great to have feedback from a user like you
Old 11th September 2011, 18:55   #2875
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday went onto a long drive to Malshej Ghat, Maharashtra with my family. A total of 245 Kms covered driven all by myself in the Vento. The first ever long drive on my Vento TDi HL. The drive was awesome, the car handled the ghat roads and glided over them without any hiccups.
Getting out of Kalyan Dombivli section was a bit rough and in between there were a few stretches of bad roads on ghat. Had lunch at MTDC's Flamingo restaurant, good food over all.
Having four pax on board the car only scrapped the mud guard once, so the GC is not much problem. The nitrogen air pressure set was 34 front and 35 rear. After driving the car it seems 33 front and 35 rear suits the car well, as 34 front results in more tyre noise.
The car never felt short of power anytime, just press the accelerator and it went wosh!
At the end of the journey the MiD showed 16 Kmpl as the average which is quite commendable keeping in mind during return there was lot of traffic at Thane Belapur road and at Palm Beach Extension road. Also the car really got dirty, washed it with ONR today and is gleaming new.
As not yet started the ownership thread so posting over here. Below are a few pictures. Camera used is Sony HX100V and pictures were snapped at 12 Mpixel at 16:9 ratio. Due to re-sizing some bit of image quality is lost. Will add more pictures in the ownership thread of mine.
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc00194-edi.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc00177-edi.jpg
Our two cars Vento and Indica.
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc00189-edi.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc00218-edi.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc00230-edi.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc00233-edi.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc00314-edi.jpg

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 11th September 2011 at 18:59.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 20:09   #2876
Distinguished - BHPian

A sunfilm installer in Chennai claimed that the vento's door window glass is riveted unlike other cars so it's risky to remove the glass and fit the sunfilm. Hence they didn't remove the glass but removed only the door pad.

How has it been done for other vento owners?
Old 11th September 2011, 21:56   #2877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
A sunfilm installer in Chennai claimed that the vento's door window glass is riveted unlike other cars so it's risky to remove the glass and fit the sunfilm. Hence they didn't remove the glass but removed only the door pad.

I am sure that my glass was not removed and reasonably sure that even the door pad was not - wondering why would the door pad or the glass need to be removed anyways ? When it was done in my car , I focussed solely on whether the film covered the entire exposed surface and ensured there was no bubble which was trapped .
Old 11th September 2011, 22:33   #2878
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I am sure that my glass was not removed and reasonably sure that even the door pad was not - wondering why would the door pad or the glass need to be removed anyways ? When it was done in my car , I focussed solely on whether the film covered the entire exposed surface and ensured there was no bubble which was trapped .
Exactly the same with all my cars till date. why will you need to open anything. They will just clean your window and cut the film according to the size of your windows.
Old 11th September 2011, 23:38   #2879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Yesterday went onto a long drive to Malshej Ghat, Maharashtra with my family. A total of 245 Kms covered driven all by myself in the Vento. The first ever long drive on my Vento TDi HL. The drive was awesome, the car handled the ghat roads and glided over them without any hiccups.
Nice photos! Brings back my memories of Malshej ghat trips. Monsoon makes the ghat and the neighbouring Pimpalgaon Joga dam catchment area really magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post

You don't need to undo a single screw to fix the sunfilm. The installer cuts the film to the size of the exposed glass and fixes onto it.
Old 12th September 2011, 00:40   #2880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc
It would be great to know if you considered C drive - I understand that its quieter than S drives and a better compromise between dry and wet drive though the S drives are more of performance tyres , much much better for dry drives but slightly iffy for wet drives . Mind you , these are all second hand information , would be great to have feedback from a user like you
Hi Sourav, I personally was looking for C-Drives or Michelin Primacy LC. Unfortunately none of them are aware in 205/55 size. I wanted these to reduce road noise and comfort more than anything else. My Polo is not a scorcher like vento or cruze , and moreover I personally don't drive beyond 150 too often, only short bursts maybe. Anyway coming back to the point I was looking for the closest to oem size and have fancy for fat Tyres, not the bulging ones that stick out of the car body! Btw there is no comfort tyre in 205 size.

Performance of s drives on Polo is damn good. I feel extremely safe at whatever speeds, whatever road condition or surface. Wet concrete roads on curves on a flyover, don't even bother to be extra careful to slow down, just handle with complete confidence and a big smile, especially when you see other cars slowing down considerably.

P.s: I have more details on my ownership thread
Frontosa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks