Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2011, 00:57   #2941
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Can anybody confirm if he/she has seen the USB port on the new Vento music system. As per the sales team at Bhandari, the new player comes with only AUX as is the case in the new Jetta. First of all, a pic (attached below). This is of the new Jetta which has the RCD 300. The Vento has the RCD 310. In the Jetta, I could only see the AUX port, the glove box doesn't have a USB port.

To confirm the same, I showed him the thread & previous posts about the additional features. In return he showed me the mail from VW. The mail states this :
  • RCD 310 Music System with Media & 4 Speakers
(in addition to the rear parking sensors, steering controls, etc.)
No mention of USB.
I believe "media" should ideally mean an external media source like a USB when they have specifically mentioned it. So in all probability, it would be there in the glove box.
Old 16th September 2011, 10:35   #2942
Senior - BHPian

There is a USB cable in the glove box, onto which the pen drive will fit. Seen it specifically.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 16th September 2011 at 10:36.
Old 16th September 2011, 11:18   #2943
BHPian

Desperately waiting for an automatic diesel vento!
Have any of you guys heard anything abt it from the dealers recently?
Old 16th September 2011, 12:32   #2944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Desperately waiting for an automatic diesel vento!
Have any of you guys heard anything abt it from the dealers recently?
I wish they were coming out with one. I, for one, would have waited for it. But given VW's strategy, they would not want to cannibalize the sales of the Laura and the Jetta with a Vento Auto TDI!
Old 16th September 2011, 13:19   #2945
Distinguished - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : As per the recent Mass PM, Team-BHP no longer permits the use of (hard to understand) acronyms for newly launched cars. Please refer to each car by its full name only. This will make our content useful to experts & newbies alike.

Last edited by GTO : 19th September 2011 at 18:44. Reason: STRICTLY no usage of acronyms for newly launched cars
Old 16th September 2011, 13:55   #2946
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I wish they were coming out with one. I, for one, would have waited for it. But given VW's strategy, they would not want to cannibalize the sales of the Laura and the Jetta with a Vento Auto TDI!
No updates/further changes to the Vento being planned currently.

OT : Btw in all the banter yesterday, got to know about the sales figures at the baner showroom. Apparently Jettas are flying of the block, especially the highline (not sure if he was referring to the Highline AT).

Infact during the one-odd hour I spent at the showroom around 7 (closing time for the showroom), two groups landed up to have a look at the Jetta, none for the Polo or Vento.
Old 16th September 2011, 18:44   #2947
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ That's an interesting trend- and why not I ask? The Jetta has its share of fans (I counted 4 certain buyers on the Jetta review thread) despite some obvious flaws like lack of ACC and bluetooth. Also, for a lot of people, bigger is better and the Jetta delivers on both fronts (engine and overall). Best of all you get the 2 litre diesl engine in a CHOICE of trannies and with presumably much less waiting time than that of the Vento. If you can afford the difference, it's not a bad Plan B!
Old 16th September 2011, 19:44   #2948
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I counted 4 certain buyers on the Jetta review thread) despite some obvious flaws like lack of ACC and bluetooth. Also, for a lot of people, bigger is better and the Jetta delivers on both fronts (engine and overall). Best of all you get the 2 litre diesl engine in a CHOICE of trannies and with presumably much less waiting time than that of the Vento. If you can afford the difference, it's not a bad Plan B!
Was I one of them?
If one can look beyond ACC its a great car. I was blown away by its looks. Its a car which serves a lot of purposes: Great to look at, spacious from inside for people who travel on the back, VW badge, amazing to drive etc. So why not if you can afford it.
The SA in delhi also said that waiting for highline is 6 weeks. CL and TL are available in 10-12 days.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 20:23   #2949
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Was I one of them?
If one can look beyond ACC its a great car. I was blown away by its looks. Its a car which serves a lot of purposes: Great to look at, spacious from inside for people who travel on the back, VW badge, amazing to drive etc. So why not if you can afford it.
The SA in delhi also said that waiting for highline is 6 weeks. CL and TL are available in 10-12 days.
Yup, found the car quite comfortable, but had a deja vu feeling. Expect the difference to be more visible on the road while driving it.

In addition to that, the Jetta comes in a mind-blowing dark maroonish brown color. Wish it was available for Vento too. But then, Blue is more than enough for me

Btw, last I checked this was the Vento thread
Old 17th September 2011, 04:06   #2950
BHPian

Don't know if this has been shared before, but a quick news.

I was getting my seat covers done and a casual conversation with my car accessories dealer revealed that the Race Dynamics' DieselTRONIC performance ECU is now available for the Vento TDI engines. They claim Vento's power can be upped to 130bhp and the torque to 320Nm . The ECU has remotely operable three performance modes. Available in namma Bengaluru!
Old 17th September 2011, 08:29   #2951
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I was getting my seat covers done and a casual conversation with my car accessories dealer revealed that the Race Dynamics' DieselTRONIC performance ECU is now available for the Vento TDI engines. They claim Vento's power can be upped to 130bhp and the torque to 320Nm . The ECU has remotely operable three performance modes. Available in namma Bengaluru!
There never can be enough speed & power, no?

Is this dealer certified (read : warranty)?
Old 17th September 2011, 09:32   #2952
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am desperately looking for fabric seat covers in light dark or dark shades. Can you point me to someone who does quality ones in Bengaluru I am finding most have art leather.
Old 17th September 2011, 09:51   #2953
BHPian

Volks,
What I don't understand is
They allow TL customers to fit HU outside, Since they can't ride without audio system.
Why not HL customers?.

After my first service which is due in 800 kms, I will look to upgrade HU

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 17th September 2011 at 09:54.
Old 17th September 2011, 09:59   #2954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva
Guys, I am desperately looking for fabric seat covers in light dark or dark shades. Can you point me to someone who does quality ones in Bengaluru I am finding most have art leather.
Please check with EVO in Cambridge layout. You can search for EVO in team BHP threads. You will get all info.
Old 17th September 2011, 10:05   #2955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Pete's tuning box is available with 130bhp and 320Nm torque. I regularly see this Vento in Cochin. The car was posted in this thread before.
Here's the full report to that.
http://www.petes.in/images/vento.pdf

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks