Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2011, 19:53   #3226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

On the speedo topic , had a chance to compare the speedo reading with the speed reading of my friend's new Garmin GPS (I was testing it out) - I was amazed at the accuracy of the Vento speedo, it was spot on .

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I'm contemplating whether get another 2 yrs warranty so my Vento would have 6 yrs of warranty, a piece of mind for a German car.What do you all say?
I am planning to break quite a few of the warranty conditions so not planning to get any extended warranty - besides that planning for 6 years is way too long ( and disciplined ) for me .
Old 12th October 2011, 19:58   #3227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbangalore View Post
Thanks guys. Another question:When the car is in still and in neutral gear but the engine is running , the RPM is shown as 1000. My foots off the accelator and nothing is pressing it down (re: the 3D mats fiasco someone went through). Is this normal?
Hey dude!

I guess this is normal. If you are running, say in 3rd gear, and lift your leg off the clutch and gas pedal, you may be surprised to notice that the car will not come to a halt after making kadak-kadak-kadak noise. Instead the RPM will settle down around 1000 while ECU kicks-in, and the car will not stop until fuel dies.
Old 12th October 2011, 20:12   #3228
Senior - BHPian

Logically, 5th and 6th year should cost much more than 3rd and 4th, considering the regular maintenance charges. Good thing is that the manufacturer is confident of the product that he is offering warranty for 6 years. I'm inclined to believe the dealer might just not have complete information in this case and is mistaken.

Either ways I usually dont hold on to my cars for more than 4 to 5 years and hence not too keen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061
Got a call today from VW stating that VW has introduced another 2+2+2 warranty, that is 2 yrs standard warranty + 2 yrs extended warranty + another 2 yrs extended warranty.
The another 2 yrs extended warranty is for the same cost as the 2 yrs extended warranty that is Rs. 11,xxx.
So now VW Vento can have 6 yrs of warranty period.
Old 12th October 2011, 21:49   #3229
Senior - BHPian

@souravc - Even the digital & the needle wala speedo show the exact same speed, so I guess you are totally right about the Speedometer being spot on !!

Cheers
Old 13th October 2011, 10:30   #3230
Distinguished - BHPian

My car is at the service station now. 15k done and up for the first service. Let's see what the Cochin dealer got to say at the end of the day. Any reported service statements from Kerala?

Last edited by naveen.raju : 13th October 2011 at 10:32.
Old 13th October 2011, 11:12   #3231
BHPian

@naveen : check the below thread. i have uploaded my first service (15K) bill there. ..Enjoyy

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2540811

Last edited by jithudigitised : 13th October 2011 at 11:16. Reason: link attached
jithudigitised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 15:14   #3232
Senior - BHPian

Folks , I got a call from VW Downton Mumbai - in response to my inquiry about Polo / Vento - the only interesting thing about it is that the call came more than 13 months after I actually inquired
Old 13th October 2011, 15:24   #3233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Folks , I got a call from VW Downton Mumbai - in response to my inquiry about Polo / Vento - the only interesting thing about it is that the call came more than 13 months after I actually inquired
Wow, They decided to take care of customer now
or The other reason could be they are looking for some potential buyers now.
Old 13th October 2011, 16:31   #3234

I took a test drive of Vento TDI Highline..finally after asking for it for two weeks (which I guess is not too bad considering some people are waiting for months).

My observations (IMHO of course):

1) Disappointed with the interiors.
2) It does have the desired power and Acceleration. However I found quite a bit of vibration in the clutch. Even though the agent was saying it was a problem with the test vehicle I feel its otherwise.
3) The braking and handling was really good.
4) Space wise, Honda City was way better. I had taken a test drive of City AT and the space management was much better. The rear seat of Vento is good for 2 people, thanks to the big hump.

Also the new Breeze edition is only applicable to Petrol and to the low-end Diesel version.

Overall, for 12 lakhs on road in Bangalore, I am just not convinced.

By the way, the agent promised me the delivery of white and beige color in 2 weeks.
Old 13th October 2011, 21:46   #3235
Senior - BHPian

How does a Vento 1.6 TDi HL feels after one month of gap?
Had been on a 4 week vacation and Vento rested for the same period under covered parking. At last decide to wake it up from its slumber. Was having all sort of thinking how will the engine react as have only covered 1800 kms.
Pressed the unlock button on the flip key remote, the car unlocks, so the battery is good. Inserted the key into the ignition and the engine started like it always start with just one crank of the key. Woah.
So VW TDi are a reliable lot. Kept the car for idle for 4 mins and off I went keeping the rpm at 1200 for the engine to come to its operating temperature. It could be felt engine is waking up. The brakes disc were a quite rusted thanks to car cleaner splashing water over it, every time he washes.
On pressing brake, the brake pedal was giving jitters. It was new as it never happened earlier. After driving for 25 Kms with quite a lot of braking, the brakes became normal and no more jitters.
Overall the car didn't show any signs of, that it rested for 1 month.
So people who earlier said diesel are only for those who run it daily for minimum 50 kms be damned(hope i don't get any infraction for it), the new TDi engines are far superior to those earlier diesel engines.
And a note my Vento TDi idles at 800 rpm constantly. And during the starup today the rpm stayed at 800 and didn't budge while idling.
Old 14th October 2011, 10:00   #3236
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, completed the service. Here's the report
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2544261
Old 14th October 2011, 11:39   #3237
Senior - BHPian

Bro in law will be booking a Vento or Jetta on occasion of diwali

by now the volkswagen folks must have gone crazy due to us test driving both the cars multiple times and flipping the booking amount from vento to jetta and vice versa 2 times.

in any case i dont want him to buy a linea as i own one. secondly fludic verna disappointed us on handling.

my very honest review will be as below.

1. The engine noise in idling immediately remind me of Sumo Victa/ Tata indigo TDI. kad kad kad kad kad kad sound is really bad. its no where as refined as the MJD engines of Fiat.

2. The engine power delivery is amazing. The immense torque pushes you to seat and overtaking is breeze , as if in sporty mode of jetta. the torque in linea doesnt even stand close to ventos.

3. Clutch - after driving for 20-25 min my left leg started paining. i doubt whether vento has hydraulic clutch. even the sumo grande clutch is lighter. this causes lot of fatigue in city driving. after driving vento when i came back to my linea i thought my clutch lever is broken and its going in so easily.

4. There are immense amount of vibrations in the clutch pedal as if its directly connected to the vibrating TDI engine of vento.

5. the steering feels too light and road feedback is not as good as linea or jetta.

6. the suspensions are amazing and the ride quality is very good, rear benchers are also very comfortable.

7. the front seats seem to be small in width, when i first sat in drivers seat i though the seat has no side supports and seat ends quickly.

8. the front windsheild seems to be small and doesnt give a feel of driving a sedan.

9. the gear shift is very slick and very precise. again if i keep hand on gear level while driving there are lots of vibrations.

10. The quality of interiors and fit and finish is very upclass. also the quality of switches is very good and i am sure they will last till eternity.

with all the short fallings of vento when the Jetta feels way better with the very good quality high tech engine the jetta lacks on some features like auto climate control, useless arm rests etc.

no one is really able to understand why jetta is deprived of the features which a lower segment car from same stable has.
Old 15th October 2011, 12:09   #3238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by integra98 View Post

By the way, the agent promised me the delivery of white and beige color in 2 weeks.
Hey integra, from which showroom in Bangalore did you get this promise of delivery in 2 weeks for TDI HL? when I checked in Volkswagen Palace Cross Roads, they mentioned a waiting period of 2 months.
Old 15th October 2011, 12:57   #3239

Skaja!

Its from Downtown Volkswagen. Dunno if its becoz I am going through Orix. He said if I ask for other colors like blue it will take couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaja

Hey integra, from which showroom in Bangalore did you get this promise of delivery in 2 weeks for TDI HL? when I checked in Volkswagen Palace Cross Roads, they mentioned a waiting period of 2 months.
Old 15th October 2011, 14:25   #3240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by integra98
Skaja!

Its from Downtown Volkswagen. Dunno if its becoz I am going through Orix. He said if I ask for other colors like blue it will take couple of months.
I got my car in 1 month. For white and grey waiting period is less. Blue takes the longest time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks