Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2011, 22:43   #3421
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

A colleagues Vento Caught fire while parked.Right front light and area around got burnt.Luckily nearby Shopkeeper (Jeweller) and a Petrol Pump Owner Behind took quick action and doused it. It's diesel Highline. VW is looking into root cause but it seems it's not isolated case.Not sure if they are going to replace the car.
manavdotcom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 23:02   #3422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavdotcom View Post
A colleagues Vento Caught fire while parked.Right front light and area around got burnt.Luckily nearby Shopkeeper (Jeweller) and a Petrol Pump Owner Behind took quick action and doused it. It's diesel Highline. VW is looking into root cause but it seems it's not isolated case.Not sure if they are going to replace the car.
can you share the pics?
Old 11th November 2011, 00:10   #3423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Parked means engine switched off ? From your post , it seems that VW is already looking into it , thus your friend must have been given a "concern number" - could you please share it with us ? I would like to give the same to my contacts in VW to find out more .
Old 11th November 2011, 00:14   #3424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It might be due to short circuit in the headlight, as you have mentioned that the right front light area got burnt. It would be good if you could upload some pictures of the Vento.
Did the owner of the Vento make any changes to the head light's, which is changed the bulbs to 90/100 and that too without relays?
Good to know no one got hurt and the damage was at minimal. Let us know what VW has to say about it and the repair costs.
Old 11th November 2011, 12:04   #3425
BHPian

Is there any way volkswagen can plumb these features (specially the steering mount + Upgrade the music system) in my Vento Petrol highline bought in July'11?
Old 12th November 2011, 00:27   #3426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbangalore View Post
Is there any way volkswagen can plumb these features (specially the steering mount + Upgrade the music system) in my Vento Petrol highline bought in July'11?
There are many of us who wish the same way as you do - I don't think that the steering controls can be done though
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2011, 02:55   #3427
BHPian

My dealer has been really getting at my nerves over the past few weeks. While I was promised delivery around the 2nd week am still yet to get even the VIN number. Phone calls are met with excuses that the car is in transit. God knows how long it will take for the transit to complete.
Old 12th November 2011, 10:04   #3428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
There are many of us who wish the same way as you do - I don't think that the steering controls can be done though
Figured as much - If someone gets the music player upgraded, please do report back here with notes.
Old 12th November 2011, 10:56   #3429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
My dealer has been really getting at my nerves over the past few weeks. While I was promised delivery around the 2nd week am still yet to get even the VIN number. Phone calls are met with excuses that the car is in transit. God knows how long it will take for the transit to complete.
same here, Volkswagen + dealers are playing this dirty game with many customers.

i already cancelled the Jetta. the Salesman is kind of a friend of mine and a big auto enthusiast. he is doing this work out of passion. he is very transparent.

he already informed me that the Volkswagen sales people are fooling around and i wont get the Jetta. so along with me 13 more customers already cancelled the Jetta booking.

even for Vento they played a stupid game that my car has left the factory etc. then i got the VIN no finally and i verified it that its the latest car with new features.

i have given them strict instructions that without my PDI they shouldnt register the car.

my PDI is scheduled today. keeping fingers crossed.
Old 12th November 2011, 11:19   #3430
Senior - BHPian

Since we didnt hear from you for a while, I was wondering if you had decided against the vento. Glad to know that you havent changed your mind.

Mine took around 2 weeks from the time when it was shipped from the factory. When was your vehicle shipped? The VIN details should be updated in the system by now against your name. Sad to note the dealer attitude hasnt improved, I suggest you to pay a visit and meet one of the TL's there and ask for the explanation. If you need a few references there, let me know.

Quote:
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2011, 12:03   #3431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Since we didnt hear from you for a while, I was wondering if you had decided against the vento. Glad to know that you havent changed your mind.
Hi Bala, I was lying low for a while reading with just passive participation on the forum. The dealer is giving a cock & bull story that he cant give the VIN number because if the car is damaged in transit that cant issue me the unit. While it make some sense am not sure how true this is. While most VW dealers are bad I think this dealer should be avoided like plague. While it may sound odd I really think Sundaram is doing a better job.

I would appreciate if you could PM me some reference. While I dint want to bother you earlier, i think its become really messy with them and I could use some help.

EDIT - For whatever its worth, the waiting period for TDI Highline is apparently 2 months in Chennai as claimed by the dealers.

Last edited by SR-71 : 12th November 2011 at 12:04.
Old 12th November 2011, 12:58   #3432
Senior - BHPian

That's no problem my friend. I just PM'd you a few details, if you need more information please let me know.

Keep us posted on the progress.

Quote:

I would appreciate if you could PM me some reference. While I dint want to bother you earlier, i think its become really messy with them and I could use some help.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2011, 14:46   #3433
BHPian

So finally, I got the VIN number of my car and retrieved all the associated details. Everything looks good. So the painful countdown begins for the car to be arrive at the dealers yard which at this point is still a week away. Once it comes i plan to give a through PDI check before signing on the form 20.

Bala, Thanks a ton for the many advise & support. Will keep you guys posted on the development.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2011, 17:07   #3434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So finally, I got the VIN number of my car and retrieved all the associated details. Everything looks good. So the painful countdown begins for the car to be arrive at the dealers yard which at this point is still a week away. Once it comes i plan to give a through PDI check before signing on the form 20.

Bala, Thanks a ton for the many advise & support. Will keep you guys posted on the development.
Good luck with your last leg to owning the Vento. Please also do not forget to ask your dealer to enable the speed enabled door auto lock , all doors unlock when you take out the keys from the ignition slot - these are done through the ECU !
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2011, 19:01   #3435
BHPian

@Souravc - To get both I just ask my dealer for an ECU upgrade is it? And are there any charges generally associated with such a task?

@Everyone: I had 3 observations with my car, during and after returning from a fantastic ~3000km drive.
a) The headlights need to go - they couldn't light up a christmas tree on a dark highway.
b) The car doesn't really go beyond 160-170kpmh. Is this really tops cars with similar displacement?
c) It's developed annoying 'lil sounds near the doors. Hard to explain what the sound is like but definately audible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks