Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2011, 12:48   #3571
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i have filled 32 and still it jumps. i am driving alone nowdays, so no load at all. should i reduce it more. i am just hating the way she jumps if i am negotiating a curve and there are tiny potholes on the curve :(
Manufacturer recommended pressure is :
For no loads : 32 front and 29 back.
For loads : 36 front and 39 back.

Do see the inside of fuel flap. Its given there.

If our driving pattern is like this, lets say, 70 - 80 % no load, 20 - 30% with load. Given this scenario, how practical is filling up for more loads, and then releasing the pressure if required otherwise. This difference in pressure is more of a pain. Just imagine, if you had filled nitrogen and you are in the middle of a journey. Then you would have to search for nitrogen filling station to fill up.
Any other car has this kind of recommended tire pressure for different loads?
Old 1st December 2011, 12:52   #3572
Senior - BHPian

i have filled 32 in all tyres. i read 29 at back but then once its set i thought why the pain in the long queue for filling air.

i am not satisfied with the way the car is handling.

i will try reducing it to 29 at back.

might be i am nagging or expecting too much or must be i am spoilt by the best in class + segment above handling of fiat linea.
Old 1st December 2011, 13:16   #3573
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i have filled 32 in all tyres. i read 29 at back but then once its set i thought why the pain in the long queue for filling air.

i am not satisfied with the way the car is handling.

i will try reducing it to 29 at back.

might be i am nagging or expecting too much or must be i am spoilt by the best in class + segment above handling of fiat linea.
Wow - there seems to be a explosion of issues with the Vento

@amit - 32 works fine with me. Stating this explicitly because I drive over crappy roads on a daily basis (Aundh - Hinjewadi roads, improved a lot nowdays, but still some portions are bad), and the car handles it fine. Maybe we can meet up once and check/try each other's cars?

Btw made a small finding, probably this should go on the Vento Quirks thread, but anyway - the new ICE plays .wma files too. Not a big deal, but a lot of my old songs were in this format, and thankfully they work on the car stock ICE. Tried .wav files - doesn't work. Maybe over the weekend I'll try other formats.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 13:21   #3574
Senior - BHPian

i too tried playing WAV files, they wont play. these formats play only on high end head units. the new player is very good and i am satisfied with the stock ice.

i dont think there is any issue with the vento, but may be i should try with less air pressure.

i hate the pune roads. its takes the fun off the good car like vento.

yes i think i can try out your car and you can try out mine. if you find a problem in my car i will rush to the service centre thanks for the kind gesture
Old 1st December 2011, 16:13   #3575
BHPian

I have been thinking about the tyre pressure and I am not able to figure it out. attached is the image from GTO's review.

I can also not interpret for Highline (for all tyres) - 35 psi(2 people) and 38psi when fully loaded (but this does not hold good for 14''). Is this wrong? I do not see any reference to front and rear tyres. Also, if we conclude that below figures are correct, then it implies same pressure for 14'' and 15'' which is not normal.

Sorry but i am damn confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
Manufacturer recommended pressure is :
For no loads : 32 front and 29 back.
For loads : 36 front and 39 back.

Do see the inside of fuel flap. Its given there.

If our driving pattern is like this, lets say, 70 - 80 % no load, 20 - 30% with load. Given this scenario, how practical is filling up for more loads, and then releasing the pressure if required otherwise. This difference in pressure is more of a pain. Just imagine, if you had filled nitrogen and you are in the middle of a journey. Then you would have to search for nitrogen filling station to fill up.
Any other car has this kind of recommended tire pressure for different loads?

Last edited by windsurfer : 1st December 2011 at 16:22.
Old 1st December 2011, 16:39   #3576
Senior - BHPian

front tyres is 32 rear 29 in first case

in second case front tyres 35 and rear 38.

and yes for both 14" and 15" its same
Old 1st December 2011, 16:43   #3577
BHPian

Quote:
front tyres is 32 rear 29 in first case

in second case front tyres 35 and rear 38.

and yes for both 14" and 15" its same
Thanks Amit. I thought the same but could not convince myself about the same pressure for different tyre size. I use 32 and I feel it is fine but I am yet to try the recomended tyre pressure when car is fully loaded. I will try that soon.
Old 1st December 2011, 16:52   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
I have been thinking about the tyre pressure and I am not able to figure it out. attached is the image from GTO's review.

I can also not interpret for Highline (for all tyres) - 35 psi(2 people) and 38psi when fully loaded (but this does not hold good for 14''). Is this wrong? I do not see any reference to front and rear tyres. Also, if we conclude that below figures are correct, then it implies same pressure for 14'' and 15'' which is not normal.

Sorry but i am damn confused
Here is my best explanation. Hopefully i have interpreted it right!.

BTW, For fully loaded scenario, sticker in my fuel flap have 36 and 39. Have they changed it? Or is it different for petrol and TDi?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-143918.jpg  

Last edited by anToNIcHeN : 1st December 2011 at 16:55.
anToNIcHeN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 17:25   #3579
Distinguished - BHPian

@thanks antonichen.

But found it extremely hilarious that you even marked out the front & rear tires of the car

@amit - anytime during this weekend, I should be free. Do tell. Looking at the Pune TBHP meetup thread, we might have one this weekend. If that happens, will be bringing the car there too.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 1st December 2011 at 17:26.
Old 1st December 2011, 18:49   #3580
Senior - BHPian

ok bye the way i got the stanley leather seats fitted. after arguments i was told that they have to remove the original fibre seat covers before fitting stanleys.

i somehow agreed and they took 6 hours to fit it. however in some areas fitting is not good. so i am going to take it again to them.

have you all guys removed the original fiber before fitting the leather ones?
Old 1st December 2011, 19:43   #3581
BHPian

Yup. Stanley and most other genuine leather is re-upholstering and not just seat covers. They strip off the original upholstery.
Btw, would you mind sharing the prices, grade of leather, whether full or touch, etc.?
Some pictures would be welcome.
Old 2nd December 2011, 12:11   #3582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
@thanks antonichen.

But found it extremely hilarious that you even marked out the front & rear tires of the car
Haha.. that was to clear off any kind of confusions later on. If I had just mentioned "Front tire pressure", there "could" still be questions / confusions like -> "How did I figure out this was for front tires?".

Quote:
ok bye the way i got the stanley leather seats fitted. after arguments i was told that they have to remove the original fibre seat covers before fitting stanleys.

i somehow agreed and they took 6 hours to fit it. however in some areas fitting is not good. so i am going to take it again to them.

have you all guys removed the original fiber before fitting the leather ones?
This is normal procedure followed everywhere (removing old upholstery). One downside of original seat removal is that, Original seats comes with foam which gives it some sort of "softness". So you would find the new leather seats slightly hard for the first few days.
But this OK, given the advantages leather seats gives over the stock seats.

Here in bangalore, stanley takes almost full day to do the fitting (almost 8 hours for me).
Old 2nd December 2011, 12:34   #3583
Senior - BHPian

guys i reduced the front tyre pressure to 30 and rear to 29. the ride feels way better than running it with 32 psi. you can try it and review it.

i am driving alone and this combination is more comfortable now.
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:20   #3584
BHPian

Hello All,

Can anyone provide information on the new ICE setup in the Vento. How's the quality? is it better? what is the speaker setup? how many speakers, where aer the positions etc etc

Sid
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:40   #3585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
Hello All,

Can anyone provide information on the new ICE setup in the Vento. How's the quality? is it better? what is the speaker setup? how many speakers, where aer the positions etc etc

Sid
@siddhi - you need to do a bit of search The new ICE has been discussed quite a bit on this thread, plus several ownership threads (look up mine, @prabhuferrari, @rachit, @ricky_63).
Sound quality might be a tad better, but no comparisons on that have been done, so nothing confirmed. 4 speakers & positions remain the same as the original vento. Do look it up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks