Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:24   #3586
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
4 speakers & positions remain the same as the original vento. Do look it up.
Ninja isn't it 6 speakers, 1 each in the door and 2 in the rear parcel shelf. Atleast I see that many speaker slots am not sure how many of them accommodate speakers.

EDIT - I just went down & cheked, the rear parcel shelf speaker slots seem to be dummy; just holes i guess, am not able to make out any speaker underneath. I can easily see the steel casings of the body.

Last edited by SR-71 : 2nd December 2011 at 19:28.
Old 2nd December 2011, 20:03   #3587
BHPian

Dear Bangalorean TBHPians!

There is a new VW showroom (Apple Auto, seems like some die hard Steve Jobs fan) just next to the KR Puram flyover, towards Marathalli side. I went in their showroom today, very courteous staff, very polite sales guys! The best part is, the waiting period for Vento highline TDi is 3 weeks, and the trendlines are available off the shelf!!

There is one more good news for the people living in Indiranagar (nilesh), HSR, Koramangla area. They will be having a fully functional workshop in the next 1 week!
evilshantanu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 20:18   #3588
Senior - BHPian

Amit - I felt the same way when my seats were originally installed by stanley, but now the leather have fit in very nicely and it has been attributed to usage of A/C in the car. I opted for the satin material and they removed the OE seat fabric before installing the leather.

Moisture is supposed to keep leather soft and supple. Following is the link to my ownership thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...to-tdi-hl.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
ok bye the way i got the stanley leather seats fitted. after arguments i was told that they have to remove the original fibre seat covers before fitting stanleys.

i somehow agreed and they took 6 hours to fit it. however in some areas fitting is not good. so i am going to take it again to them.

have you all guys removed the original fiber before fitting the leather ones?
Old 3rd December 2011, 09:32   #3589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Dear Bangalorean TBHPians!

There is a new VW showroom (Apple Auto, seems like some die hard Steve Jobs fan) just next to the KR Puram flyover, towards Marathalli side. I went in their showroom today, very courteous staff, very polite sales guys! The best part is, the waiting period for Vento highline TDi is 3 weeks, and the trendlines are available off the shelf!!

There is one more good news for the people living in Indiranagar (nilesh), HSR, Koramangla area. They will be having a fully functional workshop in the next 1 week!
Hey, thanks for the information, Shantanu, this is great news!! Makes things so much easier for us! And good to know they are eager to serve customers.
Old 4th December 2011, 00:00   #3590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Ninja isn't it 6 speakers, 1 each in the door and 2 in the rear parcel shelf. Atleast I see that many speaker slots am not sure how many of them accommodate speakers.

EDIT - I just went down & cheked, the rear parcel shelf speaker slots seem to be dummy; just holes i guess, am not able to make out any speaker underneath. I can easily see the steel casings of the body.
There are no speaker in the rear parcel shelf. Personally saw it when I was installing the sun films!. Its just 4 speakers on all 4 doors!.
BTW, from the space in the rear, I feel that this space cannot accommodate any speakers (too less space), unless some sort of cutting / customization is done.
Old 4th December 2011, 13:21   #3591
BHPian

Now I am confused if I need to buy Vento or Rapid. Though Rapid is cheaper on paper the quote I am getting for Vento is definately less.

Can I anybody tell me the best price they got for Vento trendline in Hyderabad?
Old 4th December 2011, 15:13   #3592
Distinguished - BHPian

@antonichen,
there are cut-outs (marked) in the rear, you can see them from the boot, if I remember correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityanand.s.s View Post
Now I am confused if I need to buy Vento or Rapid. Though Rapid is cheaper on paper the quote I am getting for Vento is definately less.

Just do a search on this thread - there were quotes put up by vento (Tdi) buyers in Hyd, but apparently there is some additional charges wrongly being levied by all the dealers of Hyd. Although none of them were for the trendline.

How is the vento coming cheaper? What is the quote you are getting?
Old 4th December 2011, 16:21   #3593
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityanand.s.s View Post

Why even look at a Vento Trendline? It is just too basic. I would seriously look at the Rapid Ambition as it has ABS, driver airbag, remote locking. It's more VFM even if it is slightly higher than the Trendline Vento.
Old 4th December 2011, 21:45   #3594
BHPian

I was doing an 80 - 85 consistently on the return leg from Pondicherry to Chennai (via ECR) and the MID clocked an interesting 25Kmpl. Actually it went unto 25.3Kmpl but 25Kmpl was the one that was on display for a long time. Of-course the MID readings should be taken with a pinch of salt but again that was some number . Car has done 1342Kms in 2 weeks since delivery.

The last 20Kms ride in city limits was bumper to bumper traffic and the MID dropped down to 24.4 by the time I reached home.

Attaching a picture of the MID display.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img2011120400036.jpg  

Last edited by SR-71 : 4th December 2011 at 21:52.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 00:02   #3595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71
I was doing an 80 - 85 consistently on the return leg from Pondicherry to Chennai (via ECR) and the MID clocked an interesting 25Kmpl. Actually it went unto 25.3Kmpl but 25Kmpl was the one that was on display for a long time. Of-course the MID readings should be taken with a pinch of salt but again that was some number . Car has done 1342Kms in 2 weeks since delivery.

The last 20Kms ride in city limits was bumper to bumper traffic and the MID dropped down to 24.4 by the time I reached home.

Attaching a picture of the MID display.
@SR-71, do you fill your tank way beyond the auto cut-off point? Because I have observed that if I do that I get really high mileages, touching 23kmpl. However nothing like yours! Since then, I've been filling the fuel only till the cut off point to get more accurate readings.
Old 5th December 2011, 00:19   #3596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was doing an 80 - 85 consistently on the return leg from Pondicherry to Chennai (via ECR) and the MID clocked an interesting 25Kmpl.
Vento TDi is a very capable car at delivering high performance as well as high mileage. Its very difficult to resist pushing Vento at NH and its great you managed and car has delivered such high mileage on MiD at least. Great going.
Old 5th December 2011, 12:30   #3597
BHPian

@nileshch
No am very specific about that - To stop fueling at cut-off point. Last time when I cam from Trichy to Chennai (a GQ section) the meter reading was at 23.6 Kmpl. This time it jumped to 25Kmpl. What I did do this time around was reset the meter 10 minutes after i started (just about the same time i was exiting city traffic from Pondy and entering the highway). So the 25Kmpl is an average of the highway run alone which was done at pretty constant speed.

On a different note, my MID does drop down to 10Kmpl if its heavy bumper to bumper + standstill traffic on a complete city run.

@el_lobo
Couldn't agree more, but my engine is still in run-in period and am being cautious to keep it under 2K RPM. Once I cross the magic number I should be able to unleash the horses.

Last edited by SR-71 : 5th December 2011 at 12:35.
Old 5th December 2011, 13:24   #3598
BHPian

Quote:
On a different note, my MID does drop down to 10Kmpl if its heavy bumper to bumper + standstill traffic on a complete city run.
This is exactly what I have seen with my TDI Vento. Since you too are seeing the same thing I wonder if other owners also have faced the same.

Another problem I have seen is of late that the engine is gulping down a lot of engine oil. After crossing the run-in period, I had topped up the engine oil at the service station. Just after crossing another 1000 km I see that the oil level has come down by a quarter. Is this normal or something could be wrong? Any insight into this from experts will be extremely helpful
Old 5th December 2011, 13:32   #3599
BHPian

@samarjit
An interesting link on this - Reasons For Motor Oil Consumption Tech Talk - Its better to get your car checked at the VW service center.
Old 5th December 2011, 14:46   #3600
BHPian

Did anyone tried RaceChip tuning box for Vento?

I am talking about this one - Chiptuning RaceChip - Volkswagen Polo V (6R) 1.6 TDI CR, 1598ccm, 77kW (ca.105PS)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks