Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2012, 18:27   #3811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Thanks to the well trained (sic) sales executives and lately the jacket and tie toting SAs a lot of misinformation is being spread, so let me set a few things right.

Incorrect Information : Air bag deployment is linked to seat belt usage.

Fact : If a sensor detects the necessary signal and fires, the airbags will deploy irrespective of the seat belts being engaged or otherwise. It is advisable to use seat-belts as airbag deployment while the driver / passenger is not buckled up can be potentially dangerous and can cause fatal injuries.

Incorrect Information : The entire dashboard needs replacement in case of airbags being deployed.

Fact : This is what one would call a white lie. It is possible to simply fit in a new airbag unit complete with the portion of the dashboard or the steering hub that rips up to allow the bags to deploy. However it was simply business greed that led the service stations to fleece the gullible customers by replacing the complete dashboards.

The above fact leads us to the air bag on/off switch. This switch should be kept in off position as and when the passenger seat is vacant or a child/individual not meeting the weight/height requirements needed for safe air bag deployment are riding in the front seat.

This leads directly to cost reduction for repairs arising out of non-deployment of the passenger side bag, as with the switch off only the driver side bag will deploy. This in itself tells every one that the entire dashboard need not be replaced and we have come a full circle. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Please refer to the image below, vento has a passenger airbag switch in the glove box. Why should an seperate switch be provided if the logic for deployment is linked to usage of seat belt? The ECU will display a message during start up if the switch is turned off. I took this picture from the maintanence manual of Indian polo/vento.
khoj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2012, 18:29   #3812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
I paid the next door VW dealership a visit last week and was offered a 60K discount on 2011 manafactured Ventos in the highline trim and fixed rate of interest at 11.25% without sitting across the table with tooken in hand. I'm guessing one could easily extract 70K odd with a slightly better interest rate.
This is the on the HL diesel or petrol?
Old 14th January 2012, 18:35   #3813
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
This is the on the HL diesel or petrol?
The Highline diesel. I just cant afford having a petrol for my daily drive of 25 - 30K yearly commute.
Old 14th January 2012, 18:39   #3814
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Highline diesel. I just cant afford having a petrol for my daily drive of 25 - 30K yearly commute.
That really sounds interesting. May be its time to pay the VW showroom a visit tomorrow. I would really be interested in picking up the car if they throw in a decent deal.
Old 14th January 2012, 18:48   #3815
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That really sounds interesting. May be its time to pay the VW showroom a visit tomorrow. I would really be interested in picking up the car if they throw in a decent deal.
Yup, with the 60-70K discount one can bring home a Vento HL for the price of a Rapid with a couple of extra features and not having to wait endlessly for delivery.
Old 14th January 2012, 19:04   #3816
Team-BHP Support

^^I also heard about similar offers with the 2011 Vento HL diesel. And what we heard from the dealer is that, a price hike around 25-30K is on the way, along with some updates like leatherette seats.
Old 14th January 2012, 19:36   #3817
Distinguished - BHPian

But is VW having so much trouble selling the Diesel Vento too? They have been giving an offer on the TL for quite sometime now and now even on the HL? I thought the Vento still had a 3-4 week waiting period and if that was true there shouldn't have been any 2011 cars lying around the yards unsold. With this market response and more seriously because the only serious competition for the Vento TDI is the Verna, how much is VW justified in a further increase in the price? Or are we in for a surprise with the January sales charts? May be I was right in some of my earlier posts in saying that a lot of Indian buyers will shift there bookings to the Skoda Rapid which is practically the same car with a lesser price tag.
Old 14th January 2012, 20:21   #3818
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They have been giving an offer on the TL for quite sometime now and now even on the HL?
They seem to have cleared the Trend Line stocks and are no longer offering any discounts on the same, not even the Breeze package.
Old 14th January 2012, 21:49   #3819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equidae View Post
I chose to wait, because one of the dealers is known to provide good service, but I've heard few bad things about the other one. Unfortunately, the preferred dealer has only White Ventos left from their 2011 stock, and I want another color.

I'm also hoping for a few improvements in the newer models. They have improved the NVH levels and suspension in Rapid. Some owners from TBHP also claim that the post-September Ventos have better NVH levels than the older ones.

BTW they are offering the corporate discount of INR 17K no matter which model I choose. That's in addition to the 40K discount on 2011 models.
My Vento was produced in Oct., and the NVH levels are at par with the Rapid.

Trouble is, the test drive cars with all dealers are old, and the NVH levels are terrible. However, the sales guy informed me that cars post Oct. have their NVH levels at par with the Rapid, and got me to drive a new car. Back to back, I also drove a Rapid, and the updated Vento does feel just as refined.

So, if that's the only reason you're delaying your purchase, would suggest just go for it. Anyways, you'll have to wait another year for this level of discounts

And buy from the dealer who has your car, and make the better service guy your go-to guy for service.

Btw, I got 14k as corporate discount, so guess these vary by city. Had confirmed with other dealers, and they were the same across Delhi.
bosporus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 19:16   #3820
Senior - BHPian

Personally I too havent checked it, but shouldnt be true for pre/post refresh. This information was provided in the workshop maintanence manual for Indian polo/vento, so I think this should be correct. Will verify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
I can't find this switch in my car, is this something new in the refreshed vento?
Thanks for the clarification and an informative post khoj, that's what I thought too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Thanks to the well trained (sic) sales executives and lately the jacket and tie toting SAs a lot of misinformation is being spread, so let me set a few things right.
You are right. I drive a 2.2 mhawk too regularly and the only thing vento manages to do better than the scorp is the gear shift quality. Clutch is infact heavier than the 2.6 CRDe that I was used to earlier and NVH almost similar.

Quote:
On the flipside, I found the Vento way too gruff, the NVH levels were the loudest I have been around and the clutch felt a few shades heavier than even my 2.2 MHawk Scorpio.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 11:14   #3821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But is VW having so much trouble selling the Diesel Vento too? They have been giving an offer on the TL for quite sometime now and now even on the HL? I thought the Vento still had a 3-4 week waiting period and if that was true there shouldn't have been any 2011 cars lying around the yards unsold. With this market response and more seriously because the only serious competition for the Vento TDI is the Verna, how much is VW justified in a further increase in the price? Or are we in for a surprise with the January sales charts? May be I was right in some of my earlier posts in saying that a lot of Indian buyers will shift there bookings to the Skoda Rapid which is practically the same car with a lesser price tag.
Or maybe a major update due to be announced in the 2012 ? After all nothing better than an update (however flimsy) to justify a price hike !
Old 16th January 2012, 12:02   #3822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Or maybe a major update due to be announced in the 2012 ? After all nothing better than an update (however flimsy) to justify a price hike !
Well lets see. I am still not convinced why a brilliant car like the Vento TDI is finding it difficult to fly off the shelves. Its got everything going for it n terms of the looks, built, brand image.

Anyways saw a new Add today in the TOI Delhi. It said that there new offer is so great that they don't want to disclose it and the customer needs to go to the dealer as soon as possible to know more about it. To be honest found it a little silly.
Old 16th January 2012, 13:50   #3823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well lets see. I am still not convinced why a brilliant car like the Vento TDI is finding it difficult to fly off the shelves. Its got everything going for it n terms of the looks, built, brand image.

Anyways saw a new Add today in the TOI Delhi. It said that there new offer is so great that they don't want to disclose it and the customer needs to go to the dealer as soon as possible to know more about it. To be honest found it a little silly.
Latest report on TOI again Car companies skip hike on dipping demand - The Times of India , seems like price hike is not so imminent and VW is quoted here too !
If one is getting 60-70K on a Vento TDi HL , its pretty mouth watering offer indeed
Old 16th January 2012, 14:11   #3824
Senior - BHPian

I read something about the hydraulic clutch on this thread. I find the effort required to depress the clutch the same when the engine is off or on.
Old 16th January 2012, 14:50   #3825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Me too saw this advt in TOI. Here's the advt. Can't fathom the logic.
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vw.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks