Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2012, 17:27   #4066
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I went ahead and booked a VW Vento TDI Highline in Shadow Blue yesterday, and expect to receive it soon.

I had been looking at buying a Skoda Rapid TDI Elegance, but the only dealer here in Trivandrum has nearly completely collpased, so I have cancelled that booking and gone with the Vento instead.
Old 18th February 2012, 22:03   #4067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
This is probably the first Pre-owned Vento on the forum. Just picked up this 2011 April 4000kms run petrol HL.
Many congratulations. We need more experiences of petrol Vento owners in this forum. Except for the engine response nothing should be different. It will be good to know how it can hold up against the Verna and segment leader City.
Old 18th February 2012, 22:39   #4068
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys have been a little busy and away from the forum lately. Whats the latest with the Vento? Has the new 2012 model arrived and what happened to the pricing? Increased over the 2011 model or what? Delhi seems to have gone out of stock on the 2011 models. Only Red colour is available.
Old 18th February 2012, 23:58   #4069
Senior - BHPian

Need some help guys with speakers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post2684906

Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 10:03   #4070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolphie View Post
PM me your email address and I can get you a copy of the maintenance manual. Dont have the owners manual unfortunately.
hello Dingophile

I don't have the pm facility , so could you please send me a pm with your email address.

thanks
krishna
Old 19th February 2012, 16:30   #4071
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new buy and wishing you a memorable ownership experience. Please do post your ownership report when you can.

No offense, I was reminded about Matador when I read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post

Ventador
Welcome back drmohitg, so did you pick up your car? We missed your presence on this thread.

One of our forum members posted this a while back, please check the following post on the new pricing.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2659317

However, deliveries are yet to begin and there is some news on a possible comfortline variant in the line-up too. Need to wait and watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey guys have been a little busy and away from the forum lately. Whats the latest with the Vento? Has the new 2012 model arrived and what happened to the pricing? Increased over the 2011 model or what? Delhi seems to have gone out of stock on the 2011 models. Only Red colour is available.
Old 19th February 2012, 16:54   #4072
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Welcome back drmohitg, so did you pick up your car? We missed your presence on this thread.
Hey thanks a lot for that info. No I didn't book anything. I had worked out everything and decided on the Vento. Unluckily had to go to bangalore for 2 weeks so told dad to book the car. He went to the dealer on a weekday and there was no one to attend to him. Then some other sales fellow tried to pass him off a red Vento which was may 2011 make according to the sales guy. All in all he got pissed and left the showroom without booking. Now I have to again go and enquire if there are any white Vento 2011 cars lying around. Otherwise its the Sunny diesel for us.
Old 19th February 2012, 17:31   #4073
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Then some other sales fellow tried to pass him off a red Vento which was may 2011 make according to the sales guy. All in all he got pissed and left the showroom without booking. Now I have to again go and enquire if there are any white Vento 2011 cars lying around. Otherwise its the Sunny diesel for us.
Mohit, make sure you're getting the VIN, and confirm the mfg month. A friend of mine had an experience that a VIN was passed on to him for a Dec 2011 Vento. But when he checked, it appeared that the car was from Nov 2011 batch. When asked, the dealer gave some excuses, and then came up with a new VIN - but this time the correct one. If it was someone who don't know to decode the VIN, the deal would have got closed with an older car.

Edit: Just noticed that kevintomin responded to your post on the New Car Prices thread. The experience mentioned above is from his car purchase

Last edited by vb-saan : 19th February 2012 at 17:35.
Old 19th February 2012, 18:27   #4074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Mohit, make sure you're getting the VIN, and confirm the mfg month. A friend of mine had an experience that a VIN was passed on to him for a Dec 2011 Vento. But when he checked, it appeared that the car was from Nov 2011 batch. When asked, the dealer gave some excuses, and then came up with a new VIN - but this time the correct one. If it was someone who don't know to decode the VIN, the deal would have got closed with an older car.
Thanks for that info sir. But right now the project has been shelved as far as the Vento is concerned. The 2011 stocks have cleared out more or less. The dealer lost my dad as a customer unfortunately for him ( and even me as I really wanted that car). Currently the new 2012 pricing is atrocious and makes it totally non VFM offering as far as I am concerned. So we are more or less going to choose between the Sunny Diesel and the Honda City. I am looking at some used Honda city cars. Have to yet check them out. Or else go the Nissan way. But really sad for VW.
Old 19th February 2012, 19:01   #4075
Senior - BHPian

Another customer lost due to the pathetic pre-sales team of VW. I recollect atleast 5 or 6 in this very forum who has moved away from VW simply because of the dealer attitude.

VW - Are you listening? It's hightime you do something about it and bring your dealers back to earth from the aura of "german engineering" which they seem to be flaunting more than selling your cars.

drmohitg - Good luck in your car search.

Quote:
The dealer lost my dad as a customer unfortunately for him ( and even me as I really wanted that car). Currently the new 2012 pricing is atrocious and makes it totally non VFM offering as far as I am concerned.
Old 19th February 2012, 19:15   #4076
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
He went to the dealer on a weekday and there was no one to attend to him. Then some other sales fellow tried to pass him off a red Vento which was may 2011 make according to the sales guy. All in all he got pissed and left the showroom without booking. Now I have to again go and enquire if there are any white Vento 2011 cars lying around. Otherwise its the Sunny diesel for us.
Bah! When are the VW guys going to get their pre-sales act straight? I don't know whether they have just gone and recruited the worst possible dealers or they just don't bother trying to address customer complaints about the booking-through-delivery process.

Use Wildon's VIN thread before plonking down money on a VW or for that matter ANY car!

@danlalan- Congrats on a great buy! The VW petrol has a dream gearshift (assume you got the MT), delivers reasonably good FE and is extremely comfortable and solidly built. The engine is no patch on the TDI but extremely decent for regular city use and not a slacker on highways either. All the best!
Old 21st February 2012, 16:33   #4077
BHPian

I am told Big Blue has just arrived at the dealer's yard.

Going with the family to get a first look.

Detailed PDI later.
Old 21st February 2012, 17:47   #4078
BHPian

Our first look at Big Blue:
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_6667assmartobject1.jpg  

pillainp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 06:35   #4079
BHPian

A completely noob question on headlights. Since some Ventophile vets have upgraded from stock headlights to either HIDs (mikon) or the complete projector assembly (noopster), what is a better option? Installing HIDs only or getting the whole projector setup too? I was a bit confused going through the threads about how going with only the HIDs could cause dispersion of the light instead of proper focusing when used with the stock headlight assembly specially for the Vento. The last thing I want to do is become a nuisance on the road thereby endangering lives mine inclusive. Appreciate if someone could give some details on this.
Old 22nd February 2012, 22:18   #4080
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations pillainp, do post a detailed review when you take delivery. Dont forget to get the available features activated through VAS prior to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Our first look at Big Blue:
As far as I know, HID's are effective only when used with a proper projector setup. While you can still install HID's without projector setup, but it isnt recommended since the stock reflectors will end up dispersing light all over the place, which will literally blind oncoming vehicles and will neither provide you with proper illumination. Projector setup help focus the beam better and should always be used to compliment the HID's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
A completely noob question on headlights. Since some Ventophile vets have upgraded from stock headlights to either HIDs (mikon) or the complete projector assembly (noopster), what is a better option? Installing HIDs only or getting the whole projector setup too? I was a bit confused going through the threads about how going with only the HIDs could cause dispersion of the light instead of proper focusing when used with the stock headlight assembly specially for the Vento. The last thing I want to do is become a nuisance on the road thereby endangering lives mine inclusive. Appreciate if someone could give some details on this.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks