Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2012, 01:03   #4096
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Does anyone know where I can get those anti-slip gel-like pads/mats that you can put on the dash and parcel shelf to keep stuff from sliding around?

The sloped parcel shelf and the dashboard on the Vento are a nightmare to put stuff on. I hate having anything on the dash, but the parcel shelf is worthless in its current avatar.

Plus these mats might help to break up at least some of the reflection in the windshields.

Last edited by pillainp : 27th February 2012 at 01:31.
Old 27th February 2012, 03:44   #4097
Distinguished - BHPian

^^tried ebay? nothing specific to Vento, but you do get rectangular anti-skid mats. Can't do anything for the parcel tray, that's a gone case!
Old 27th February 2012, 08:45   #4098
BHPian

Friends,

Attaching the list of VAS features for Vento that can be enabled in 2011/12 models. This was taken by connecting the VAS module to a 2011 Vento HL TDI. Some features on the list are not available in the Indian version but worth to take a look at.

When taking delivery of the new vehicle (or) requesting for a feature to be activated, please take a print out of this sheet and tick against the features you require for activation and hand it over to your friendly sales/service personnel

Have a good week ahead.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VW_Vento_2011_12_VAS_FeatureList.pdf (527.7 KB, 2177 views)
thenomad is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 19:51   #4099
Senior - BHPian

Thats fantastic the nomad. Gives you the exhaustive feature list and should be a ready reckoner for all those people who are finding it very difficult to explain this to the service advisors. Would you mind sharing with us how you got this file?

Thanks a ton for sharing this with us.
Old 27th February 2012, 21:33   #4100
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Nomad, will give it a shot though I'm expecting the usual no its not possible here in Chennai )
Old 27th February 2012, 21:36   #4101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
^^tried ebay? nothing specific to Vento, but you do get rectangular anti-skid mats. Can't do anything for the parcel tray, that's a gone case!
All the ones I see on eBay belong to two categories:

1) Those designed for a particular device (mostly the iPhone).

2) The crappy PVC types with the small holes in them that are square in shape and about 8"x8".

The former are useless to me, while the latter I have tried before. What happens is that when you place something on them, the items stay in place, but the mats slide all over the place.
Old 27th February 2012, 23:14   #4102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Would you mind sharing with us how you got this file?
Time for the announcement then. I got my Vento TDI HL White delivered this Sunday.

I was given an option to select the VAS features to activate in my car as part of the PDI process. They didn't have a feature list ready, so I was given a print out from the VAS module.

I was told that the customer has the ability to provide the VAS feature activation list and they will be activated as part of the PDI. In fact I was the first one in this dealership to be offered this . Thanks to the rapport I had built with the sales team.

In fact on seeing this sheet, the entire sales team was trying to understand what this was and what does all this mean. I just wish VW imparts more knowledge to their sales personnel.
thenomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 00:21   #4103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
Time for the announcement then. I got my Vento TDI HL White delivered this Sunday.
Your location states Chennai / Hyd. We would appreicate if you could share the dealership details. Many of us from Chennai have had a harrowing time with one of the dealerships. But I would be happy to know if things have improved.
Old 28th February 2012, 01:10   #4104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
We would appreicate if you could share the dealership details.
Picked up my car at VW Mount Road, Sundaram Motors. There has been a big change at the top level in Sundaram in the last month and a half. They have been taking customer concerns as a top priority. Time will tell the change.
Old 28th February 2012, 19:18   #4105
Senior - BHPian

@bottle - Please see the response from thenomad. This list as well the option to activate these were provided to him by sundaram motors. Hopefully, you shouldnt have an issue in explaining to them.

@thenomad - Thanks again for your contribution. Time for your ownership thread now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Thanks a lot Nomad, will give it a shot though I'm expecting the usual no its not possible here in Chennai )
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
I was given an option to select the VAS features to activate in my car as part of the PDI process. They didn't have a feature list ready, so I was given a print out from the VAS module.

I was told that the customer has the ability to provide the VAS feature activation list and they will be activated as part of the PDI.
@SR-71 - On a lighter vein, were you expecting this from Abra motors?

By the way, photographs on your new alloys, service experience is pending for a while now. This is not done

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Your location states Chennai / Hyd. We would appreicate if you could share the dealership details. Many of us from Chennai have had a harrowing time with one of the dealerships. But I would be happy to know if things have improved.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 15:21   #4106
BHPian

hai friends, One of my friend is going to buy Vento on this month and our local dealer gave him two options. Vento Highline DSL at 10,48,426 (2011 Stock) and Vento Highline DSL at 11,30,000 (2012).Both are on-road figures.They are informing us 2012 coming with leather seats and that's the only one difference. We know the RTO will endorse 2011 model as 2011 irrespective to the delivery year.So we are in a dilemma to opt. I would like to invite your advice on this regard especially guys with info of 2012 make vento's. ie If it comes with more features then we will go for it. Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 16:42   #4107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneesh View Post
hai friends, One of my friend is going to buy Vento on this month and our local dealer gave him two options. Vento Highline DSL at 10,48,426 (2011 Stock) and Vento Highline DSL at 11,30,000 (2012).Both are on-road figures.They are informing us 2012 coming with leather seats and that's the only one difference. We know the RTO will endorse 2011 model as 2011 irrespective to the delivery year.So we are in a dilemma to opt. I would like to invite your advice on this regard especially guys with info of 2012 make vento's. ie If it comes with more features then we will go for it. Thanks
That's quite a good difference of $$. In other posts on various threads, I believe the Nov & Dec 2011 batch diesel Ventos have been cleared out. Check if that is the case at your dealer. And if its pre-Oct Ventos you are getting, I'll recommend a very thorough PDI - look at every nook & corner for rusting and other issues. If its Nov & Dec batch, I wouldn't worry much (assuming the car's PDI goes well) about the car's reliability or resale value - it is still a very good deal. And I believe the new Ventos don't have any additional features, just the "improved" seat covers.

OT - Jan 2006 join date & 13 posts? Did you go on hibernation?
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 17:12   #4108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneesh View Post
I would suggest to ask your friend to pick up 2011 lot Vento at 10.5 lac rather than 2012 lot at 11.3 lac. Just ask the dealer to give you the vin no through which you can decode the manufacture date of the car.

Volkswagen VIN Decoding.

During the PDi just use Team-Bhp checklist and you would be more than sure.

Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List.

And if you friend is interested in leatherette seats than they are available for Rs 9000 at VW Workshop.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 23:06   #4109
BHPian

My Big Blue is early Jan 2012 stock, but came with the fabric upholstery at a cost of 11.23 OTR. I ws informed at the time that the 2012 models with leatherette would be 11.51 OTR, but that only the Terra Beige colour was coming with this upholstery at the present time (this was 3rd week February 2012). There was only one such vehicle in that lot.

I got the dark grey leatherette VW seat covers done by the dealer for about 7K.
Old 29th February 2012, 23:09   #4110
BHPian

This car doesn't stop amazing me . It just drives like a monster. Not only the low end torque but the awesome turbo minces all kinds of roads and traffic like meat. Driving around some nasty roads as well as some butter smooth roads, its just comfort redefined. My rear seat passengers said they just felt like they were sitting in an iron shell. The suspension though a little stiff hardly transmits the bad road feeling to its occupants. Specially when one is driving at higher speeds.

Not only did I do some nasty stretches but some real ghat roads and I mean like lots of hairpin bends with inclines. The car climbed effortlessly with minimal downshifts never needing to go below the third gear. Turns were handled easily and never felt unsettled. Sure both the Fiesta or the Linea maybe the segment leaders, I think the Vento is no less. Then there is that turbo boost which just eats up miles just like that putting all traffic on the highway in awe . I am thoroughly enjoying it, I am sure its already evident.

Here are some pics on the roads I did. More later on my travelogue.

State highways in MP compete with that of those in the US in my opinion.
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-drive1.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-drive2.jpg

Last edited by samarjitdhar : 29th February 2012 at 23:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks