Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2012, 12:02   #4141
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
A TD car with just 140 Kms on the odo is not mean't to do 140 Kmph, at max 120 Kmph because of the initial break in period. My Vento TDi which is at 3500 kms, you just need to press the accelerator and in no time you would be past 160 and hitting the magic number 186.

Its Vento engine which is far superior than in New Fiesta and even the quality of interiors in Vento is of far greater than Fiesta. T-Jet maybe good, but being a petrol plus Fiat After Sales are a drop down.
So Vento TDi emerges as the best all rounder in the C segment.
IMHO, new gen engines wont mind one doing high speeds if you are on higher gears. Just dont drag on 1-2-3 gears.

Sad about the rear seat's looks and feel in Fiesta.

Cedia; they wanted 9.5lacs for the same car 4 years ago! They should have done the price reduction ages ago.

And in most places in Kerala especially, the Skoda a.s.s. is nil and this helps VW.
Old 8th March 2012, 16:44   #4142
BHPian

Hi,
I am getting a VW vento 2011 HL D .
I got the VIN NO as WVWK11602CT013905
form the VIN decoding it appears oct 2011 Car. Is this correct. Can i go ahead and get the car? I been offered 40+27= 67 k discount on 2011 pricing.
please suggest.
regards
Phani
Old 8th March 2012, 23:14   #4143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Very true. Vento is a neutral handler and the steering though pretty direct doesn't provide you with any feel or feedback. The car won't throw any surprises but isn't as forgiving as a fiesta or a linea.
Though I have not driven the Fiesta but I have driven the Linea and having driven my Vento for around 2800 kms in the last week, here is what I feel. The steering feel of the Linea is better no doubt, the Vento's steering doesn't weigh up that much even on high speeds. Having said that the steering of the Vento is awesomely precise as I did some night driving in some really dense truck traffic on NH2 and had to duck in and out between trucks all the way. The steering is just pin-point accurate and never did I feel unsettled doing those maneuvers. But yes, the feedback on the steering could have been a little better. I know if I had not been able to drive like that, it would have simply taken me 4x amount of time to make it to my destinations. The steering action at least I feel is superb .

When it comes to handling its I think equally up to the Linea or any other car. I was doing some ghat roads where some 90 degree turns were made at 70-80 without unsettling the occupants even a little bit. Hairpin bends were done at 30-40 without any of the occupants batting an eyelid. You can just throw it around at those speeds and it will stay planted. Yes if you try those stunts 100 or above, you feel you are in dangerous territory but then this is not a sports car. IMO the Vento's handling is as good as any other car including the Linea
Old 9th March 2012, 09:12   #4144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
There it is! Have put my money on the Vento!!! Made the booking finally today. Am going with VW Whitefield. Am promised delivery in 20 days (Shadow Blue color, Petrol AT 2012 model).

Had a talk with all the dealers here in BLR. Both Downtown and Palace were non-commital with the delivery date!!! They wanted me to go for 2011 car (they have few, manufactured in Jun 2011) but I was in no mood to buy such old car. Moreover color of my choice wasnt available. In the end decided to pass on the fabulous 1.2L offer on the 2011 model and go for the latest. I am maybe a bit stupid

The agonising wait starts
Hey joslicx... Congatulations for you booking ! Its definitely gonna be a wonderful buy.

Regarding the delivery dates, I suggest you double check. I have booked a petrol HL 2012 model with VW Dehradun on 23 Jan. Earlier I was promised delivery in the last week of Feb, which was later extended to 1st week of March. Now day before yesterday, got a call from the SA that the delivery would be in the last week of April. He said there are lots of 2011 model Ventos still lying unsold with the "company", and that despatches would start by April end only... don't know what to do
Old 9th March 2012, 11:26   #4145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Hey joslicx... Congatulations for you booking ! Its definitely gonna be a wonderful buy.

Regarding the delivery dates, I suggest you double check. I have booked a petrol HL 2012 model with VW Dehradun on 23 Jan. Earlier I was promised delivery in the last week of Feb, which was later extended to 1st week of March. Now day before yesterday, got a call from the SA that the delivery would be in the last week of April. He said there are lots of 2011 model Ventos still lying unsold with the "company", and that despatches would start by April end only... don't know what to do
Thanks for your words. As for the delivery woes, well one can only hope for the best as far as VW is concerned! I talked to all the dealers here and settled with Whitefield VW as others were totally not willing to commit to any timeline! Whitefield VW is a relatively new dealership here in Bangalore (I think only few months old) and I presume they do not have as many unsold 2011 models as others. Furthermore I am going for AT and they have only 1 unsold AT car left. Others had many. I clearly told my Sales Rep about dissatisfaction with VW dealerships here on online forums like TBHP and he acknowledged that and assured me that he will deliver the vehicle before 1st April (thats when the new budget and newer prices would come into picture, it is expected that OTR prices will go up as usual). I can now only hope for the best! I would be selling my old car (i10 1.2) and will need to ship it to Delhi for selling (as it has a Delhi registration and here in BLR it would be very tough to sell it). All I can say, I can hope for the best. Lets see how it pans out.
Old 9th March 2012, 12:33   #4146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I clearly told my Sales Rep about dissatisfaction with VW dealerships here on online forums like TBHP and he acknowledged that and assured me that he will deliver the vehicle before 1st April (thats when the new budget and newer prices would come into picture, it is expected that OTR prices will go up as usual).
Hey just wanted to inform you that any increases in excise duty in the budget will be effective midnight of 16th march and not 1st April. So you might want to keep a check on that.

And can you PM me the details of your i10 and the price you expect? I have a friend who is looking for a car and I can tell him if he is interested ( assuming that you are getting the car to Delhi).
Old 9th March 2012, 15:14   #4147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phani View Post
Hi,
I am getting a VW vento 2011 HL D .
I got the VIN NO as WVWK11602CT013905
form the VIN decoding it appears oct 2011 Car. Is this correct. Can i go ahead and get the car? I been offered 40+27= 67 k discount on 2011 pricing.
please suggest.
Phani, I would suggest you to ask the SA to take you to the stockyard and have a PDi done on the car to check it out for any thing that catches your eye. Getting a discount of 67K is good but do try to extract the maximum.
Since the budget is coming on 16 Mar'12, diesel car prices will jack up and its the best time to grab the opportunity. The only difference over 2011 model is that 2012 model has leatherette seats which costs roughly less than 9K.

Download the Team-Bhp PDi checklist from this link and you are good to go. If I did be in your place, one look at the car with no problem, I did put down the money knowing the budget is coming and price of 2012 is higher.

In the end do check what is the odo reading. Anything above 20 Km is a concern for me at least. Well if the car has been at the stockyard then the odo reading should be zero. You can even ask the SA that you wish to get the car driven down from stockyard to workshop yourself, thats what I did when did PDi of my VW Vento TDi HL Mar'11 model and made final payments.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 9th March 2012 at 15:18.
Old 9th March 2012, 15:53   #4148
BHPian

Thanks el lobo,
I will do the PDI before the car goes for registration, that is tomorrow.
As a nice surprise , i observed from PDF given by Wildon from VIN number , it is indeed 16th November manufactured car.
I know it is big saving considering the 2012 prices,that too i am getting the only black available ( i think, i did enquired most of the showrooms here) in Bangalore from 2011 batch.
Your Dark Night is one source of inspiration on this decision.
Old 9th March 2012, 23:27   #4149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do an intensive PDi, looking under the chassis, each and every joint, under the bonnet, every electrical etc. VW is also replacing fuel filter on Vento TDi, do ask the SA if your car qualifies for that.

Quote:
As a nice surprise , i observed from PDF given by Wildon from VIN number , it is indeed 16th November manufactured car.
I know it is big saving considering the 2012 prices,that too i am getting the only black available
Thats even better than Oct'11. Black color is very slow moving and very few people prefer it, so that might be the case that the dealer is having one in stock. You surely hit the jackpot, with such good discount, pre-budget purchase and black color to top it up. Do take good care of it otherwise you have Ultimate Detailerz in Banglore which can help you in keeping your car in showroom condition.

Quote:
Good to know I could be of help to you and its actually "The Dark Knight".
Old 11th March 2012, 00:42   #4150
BHPian

Hi Phani, I bought a Black colour HL TDI in Feb, Nov manufactured. I was told at that time that it was the only black available. I got the mudflaps for free, apart from the discount that you quoted. But I bargained after booking the car. Probably, you can get more, if you have not yet made the payment.

Quote:
Thanks el lobo,
I know it is big saving considering the 2012 prices,that too i am getting the only black available ( i think, i did enquired most of the showrooms here) in Bangalore from 2011 batch.
Old 12th March 2012, 12:54   #4151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Hello Everyone, I have decided to finally to bring home the Vento TDI Highline. Yesterday visited B.U. Bhandari showroom at Pune. First Impression was good (Though this was my second visit to the showroom. First was when I had bought my current car - Tata Indica Vista SAFIRE65 AURA ABS from B.U.Bhandari in 2010. Now they have ended their association with TATA and have opened Volkswagen Dealership at the same place). As soon as we entered the showroom we were attended by a lady who promptly asked which car we were looking for and asked us to be seated while she sends the sales exec. Within 2 minutes we were assigned a sales exec - Mr.Mandar Lalge.
Without getting much into the details , I will put my basic query. B.U.Bhandari have quoted on road price for 2012 Vento TDI Highline - INR 1115444.
Breakup :
Ex Showroom - INR 999956
Insurance - INR 39491
RTO (Pune Registration) - INR 75997
Total - INR 1115444.
I was offered a 31K corporate discount. Hence, final on-road price comes to INR 1084444.

Need your advise on below :
- if anything else I can negotiate on, though Mr.Mandar clearly refused any further discounts.
- One of the Vento's on display had MRF tyres instead of Apollo Aceleres. Should I insist on Apollo Acelere Tyres or MRF ZVTS?
- Anything else I should make clear to them or discuss before booking and getting the vehicle. I am looking for Shadow Blue color which, luckily they have in stock.

Please note - 2012 Vento TDI Highline now gets Leather Seats. Rest all remains same.
In continuation to the above query, I have finally booked the Vento TDI Highline - Shadow Blue (Feb 2012 manufactured).

Breakup :
- Ex Showroom : INR 999956

- Zero Dep Insurance : INR 48922 (This is dealer's quote. I am working on getting alternate quotes. Bajaj Allianz quotes INR 34205 after considering 20% NCB from my previous policy. Should I go for Zero Dep or settle for a comprehensive insurance. The dealer's quote for comprehensive is INR 39491. Any uuggestions/contacts at Pune will be helpful.)

- Extended Warranty : INR 11145 (Should I go for it or can be excluded?)

- RTO (Pune Registration) : INR 75997 (This comes to ~7.6% of the Ex-showroom value.)

- Total Onroad:- INR 1136020.

I am offered a 31K corporate discount. Hence, final on-road price comes to INR 1105020. (including dealer's zero dep policy and extended warranty.)

No further discounts or accessories are being provided. Though I insisted on mud flaps and matting, but no luck. VW is very adamant on that. The sales-man said - "Aap chaho toh mujhse gaadi mat lo but I cannot provide anything additional."

Anything you guys suggest I can work on before the delivery?
Old 12th March 2012, 13:38   #4152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- Zero Dep Insurance : INR 48922 (This is dealer's quote. I am working on getting alternate quotes. Bajaj Allianz quotes INR 34205 after considering 20% NCB from my previous policy. Should I go for Zero Dep or settle for a comprehensive insurance. The dealer's quote for comprehensive is INR 39491. Any uuggestions/contacts at Pune will be helpful.)
You should go with Zero dep policy as it prevents any depreciation on parts. The quotes are way too high. Get quotes from outside and you did be surprised how cheap it is in reality.

Quote:
- Extended Warranty : INR 11145 (Should I go for it or can be excluded?)
Extended warranty 2+2/1,00,000 Kms is worth the price. German cars are not that reliable compared to their Jap/Korean counter parts. To be better safe than sorry, I would suggest you to go with Extended warranty. I too have purchased and the warranty booklet list all the parts which are covered and which are not. So no hassle from workshop during any warranty claims.

Quote:
Anything you guys suggest I can work on before the delivery?
Get Auto-Lock at 15Kmph, Auto-unlock when key is removed from ignition and Auto-Fuel lid lock at 5 Kmph through Vas-Com machine before delivery. If possible do get Kagu 3D mats for Rs. 4500, worth the price.

And finally congrats on your new acquisition, Shadow Blue color seems to be the favorite among the bhpians. Very few Pearl Black Vento's, so uniqueness & rarity is their with Pearl Black.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 16:15   #4153
BHPian

Winnie Cooper drove in last week. Apologies for posting a little late, but have been spending whatever little time I have in Mumbai, driving around and what a sheer joy it has been. Will do a detailed outdoor shoot next weekend if I don't end up spending that too outside.

Thanks all for the help!
Old 12th March 2012, 21:02   #4154
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note: Moved all posts on the Vento Diesel Comfortline to a new thread. Please continue that discussion here. Thanks!
Old 13th March 2012, 10:45   #4155
BHPian

Quote:
I have finally booked the Vento TDI Highline - Shadow Blue (Feb 2012 manufactured).
@aniket.tiwari27 : Congrats on your booking ! Shadow Blue looks good !
From your posts : Vento > Cedia Sports > (Rapid?) > Laura TSI Active > Vento. Quite a circle. Hope to see your ownership thread soon (should be a interesting selection criteria section) !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks