Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 08:19   #4171
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Will the jetta media interface cable help? The connector port is the same. Maybe the jack has different number of pins activated in the jetta cable. Did any one try connecting the jetta cable?
Old 16th March 2012, 09:10   #4172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Unfortunately IPODs don't work via the usb. The player doesn't even identify it as memory drive. Haven't tried the old gen versions, so you could give it a shot.

I'm not so sure about this. I used by 2 GB Shuffle and it did recognise the songs on it and played them through the head unit (including the song name being displayed etc.)
Old 16th March 2012, 09:14   #4173
BHPian

any buddy tried this?
VW MDI MEDIA-IN Cable for ipod 000-051-446-C products, buy VW MDI MEDIA-IN Cable for ipod 000-051-446-C products from alibaba.com

Sorry to be so finicky, I don't see a mute on the steering controls neither a "source" toggle button. Are these functions missing?

Mod team note: Back to back post, please use EDIT once the posts are approved. Thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th March 2012 at 09:47. Reason: Back to back post, please use EDIT once the posts are approved. Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 11:08   #4174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
I'm not so sure about this. I used by 2 GB Shuffle and it did recognise the songs on it and played them through the head unit (including the song name being displayed etc.)
I just went downstairs and confirmed the following:

1. 2 GB ipod shuffle works (connects to the HU, songs can be changed via the steering remote, displays song name etc.)
2. iphone 4s does not work (does not connect at all)

I guess ninja is right, there are certain ipods (maybe the older ones - my shuffle was purchased in 2007) that work. The newer generation ones (including iphones) do not work :(
Old 16th March 2012, 11:37   #4175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
I just went downstairs and confirmed the following:

1. 2 GB ipod shuffle works (connects to the HU, songs can be changed via the steering remote, displays song name etc.)
2. iphone 4s does not work (does not connect at all)

I guess ninja is right, there are certain ipods (maybe the older ones - my shuffle was purchased in 2007) that work. The newer generation ones (including iphones) do not work :(
Thanks for the update. Glad to know some of the ipods work. Mine is the 8gb Nano, doesn't work.

^^Btw there is a mute button on the steering controls and it works perfectly fine for the HU player.
Old 16th March 2012, 13:43   #4176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Hi fellow vento-ens i have booked a shadow blue high line TDI, had a doubt on the iPod connectivity. Though the USB is provided in the glovebox, i read somewhere that it doesn't support iPod? is it true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Unfortunately IPODs don't work via the usb. The player doesn't even identify it as memory drive. Haven't tried the old gen versions, so you could give it a shot.
I had tried an old gen IPod (Gen 5 - IPod Video). No, it doesnt work with this version.
Old 16th March 2012, 19:20   #4177
BHPian

thanks guys for answering my queries, iPod shuffle works as it is similar to a USB (As pointed by Ninja) others are more Apple-iets. I will try experimenting with the Jetta MID cable and report back.

Another news, Insurance is free effective today { i am going for a zero dep insurance for 8k only}
Old 16th March 2012, 23:11   #4178
BHPian

Finally my travelogue is up here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ble-india.html. I drove around 2800 kms during a 9 day trip to MP and had some incredible experiences on the way.

This car is just awesome for highway trips. Barring that middle hump there is absolutely nothing one can complain of. I upgraded the bulbs to Philips Xtreme Vision which somewhat took care of the visibility issues during night driving. Otherwise, you will never even feel you are cruising at 100 once you are inside the car. Sure the Fiesta or the Linea are segment leaders in handling, but this is no slouch either. Just stays planted while negotiating corners even at speeds of 70-80. The fuel economy during the whole trip varied between 15 to 18 because of some aggressive driving but hey who cares about it if its an oil burner and more importantly you can experience that turbo burst whenever you want to .

Looking forward to many more such road trips in the future .
Old 17th March 2012, 12:14   #4179
BHPian

Guys, I have posted the Vento Accessories Price List from B.U.Bhandari Showroom, Pune at the link below along with a query. To avoid duplicacy, just posting the link here, as the below thread is idle from almost 8 months.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2717021

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 17th March 2012 at 12:15. Reason: Typo correction.
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 16:13   #4180
Senior - BHPian

All the fellow Polo & Vento (P&D) owners, just wanted to share a bit of information.

I have just read on the VW Polo India forum that VW is replacing engine mounts on both Vento & Polo irrespective of fuel type. First it was door beading, than fuel filter, this next. In the total ownership of my VeeDub it seems VW might just replace all of its parts under warranty.

Here is a quote of Mr Rajat Bhatia on VW Polo India on Facebook

Note: You will need to sign into Facebook to open up the VW Polo India group page.

Quote:
Update-Engine mountings are being changed for both Polo & Vento P & D. However its a long process as it will be ordered and you have to wait for installation. Moreover the w/s guys will also take a video of the engine mounting and send it to VW for approval.
Its good VW is taking steps for proper after sales but the workshop guys don't take heed in informing the customer about it.

Hoping the circular would have reached KSM Motors Nerul, Navi Mumbai for the same as I have my first service scheduled on 31 Mar'12 and I really don't know what all am i going to get done on that very same day.

P.S.: Don't shoot the messenger.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 19:46   #4181
Senior - BHPian

Thanks el lobo 6061. Can you clarify if this is for all polo's/vento's manufactured till date? Also, the reason behind the change, if you can get it from VW?

Sorry, I dont use FB and hence requesting you for this information. Initially I thought this change may be due to the reported the engine clatter/vibration issue, but then, it shouldnt be applicable to the petrol engine's if that's the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I have just read on the VW Polo India forum that VW is replacing engine mounts on both Vento & Polo irrespective of fuel type.
Old 17th March 2012, 20:27   #4182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Can you clarify if this is for all polo's/vento's manufactured till date? Also, the reason behind the change, if you can get it from VW?

Initially I thought this change may be due to the reported the engine clatter/vibration issue, but then, it shouldnt be applicable to the petrol engine's if that's the case.
Sir there is reply on VW Polo India stating that it's for specific Vin no cars but it's for both Polo and Vento, petrol & diesel both. VW India hasn't posted on its FB page about it, but VW Polo India group(just like T-Bhp), fellow member came to know about it on contacting the VW Workshop.
When I be going for first service of my Vento will try to get more information. Meanwhile I would suggest if you could contact your respective VW Workshop, as they might have received the circular for the same.

The problem seems to be related to the vibration issue for which it is being done as also suggested by you.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 20:38   #4183
Senior - BHPian

Firstly, thank you for posting here and letting everyone know, I wouldnt have known about this, but for your post here as I dont use FB.

Secondly, Please post any updates or information that you get around this subject here. Call me conservative, but I'm very apprehensive of going anywhere near the service center unless there is a pressing need . My theory is they do more damage than good and that holds good for all the manufactures here!

Now that you have confirmed my suspicion, they probably are replacing this for the 1.2 polo's (P&D) & 1.6 TDI vento's. All these three variants are reported to have high engine clatter and vibration and hence my guess. If true, this will not have any impact on performance & routine operation of the car till then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
When I be going for first service of my Vento will try to get more information. Meanwhile I would suggest if you could contact your respective VW Workshop, as they might have received the circular for the same.

The problem seems to be related to the vibration issue for which it is being done as also suggested by you.
Old 17th March 2012, 22:51   #4184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Call me conservative, but I'm very apprehensive of going anywhere near the service center unless there is a pressing need . My theory is they do more damage than good and that holds good for all the manufactures here!
Actually, for a change it's an American proverb, relatively new : "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". This principle worked well for both my bikes so far, and apparently for our old car too. I didn't service my bike as per the month rule but more by kilometer rule, always stood in attendance when the work was going, didn't replace all things unless there was a problem or something visibly/indirectly determined to be worn, as opposed to "replace x every y km" in the manual. I do believe - excessive opening/servicing/closing to merely comply with the manual is overkill if you haven't done the milegae, and could wear out or damage things quicker than sensible use and replacement schedules due careless workmanship.
Old 18th March 2012, 16:49   #4185
BHPian

Hi i am getting my Vento HL TDI (2012 refresh leatherette seats) soon.

Have seen lot of places in the blog discussing the fuel filter and clutch hose pipe replacements. Why are these needed to be changed? What are the symptoms of the problems caused by these?

Also heard a new hydraulic mounts for the engines.

I am getting a Feb 2012 manufactured (leatherette seat) model. Would these changes be applicable to it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks