Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2012, 22:48   #4276
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
My friend, Vento already has the feature - if the ignition key is removed from the slot and all the doors are shut the car locks itself up after 30 seconds I think - it locks itself up for sure ,the duration maybe between 30-60 secs which I am unsure about .

On your wish # 5 , just press down the "lock" button for a few seconds more when you lock your car . Once the windows start rolling up , it will continue to do so till all four windows are closed - you know that its completely rolled up when the side lights blink twice . I prefer that the rolling up of the window is not automatic since often I leave a few cms gap open when parking my car under the sun . Once the car starts behaving "intelligently" fully rolling up the window glass , that would not be possible
Sourav, am pretty sure this feature is enabled in my car. I have tested this specifically & I know it is not there presently! I doubt like Bala said, it might come as a side-effect of another feature? I dont know as I am currently running on the "factory settings" right now. Am about to get the car serviced & will get this checked anyway. The very reason why I listed as a wish is because I dont have it right now.

But I can confirm this: If I unlock the locked-car, but do not open any door for about 60 secs (or 45 secs; not sure), it gets locked on its own.

Regarding #5, now I realize, it is a "per user" wish I would like to have it as I never leave the gap & sometimes (has happened only 2 times in one year) forget to check if the glasses are rolled up when I lock it. The last time this happened, it was a sudden shock to me to see after a long gap since I parked the car, that a window glass was down! I wondered what would happen in case the horn got triggered, which I wont come to know. By the way, any idea if the horn if triggered & unattended to, would stop after few minutes?

@Samarjitdhar: Am not that worried about the security of a VW car, but concerned about the features that we generally take for granted. This has happened couple of times to me & hence the concern. I believe locking & checking for the windows have become so mundane for all Vento users, that there is a chance of missing it some times. And candidly speaking, it has become our second nature to get almost every thing automated; isnt it? And hey, thanks a lot for the attachment, it was helpful.
Old 16th April 2012, 15:08   #4277
BHPian

Just received this VW Polo stubby Antenna Original from unitedcustomz on eBay, and immediately replaced the stock antenna.

Just a quick pic to show what it looks like now. Forgive the poor pic, taken with an N8 in very poor lighting conditions.

I will upload a proper pic later.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20120416098tbhp.jpg  

pillainp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 17:00   #4278
Senior - BHPian

Summer Checkup 2012

Quote:
VW-India introduces "Summer Checkup 2012".

Please do visit the Summer Check-up on or before May 31st, 2012.
Includes:
1. Vent Cooling Check.
2. Poolen filter Check.
3. AC control Check.

Additionally you will get:

10% discount on door visors
10% discount on sun control film
10% discount on navigation system
20% discount on 3M car detailing services

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img00110201204161329.jpg

Source: VW Fans Club.
VW is back again with their Summer Check Up camp. Those who all having trouble with their AC can have it checked up too. Just sharing information, hope it helps.
Old 17th April 2012, 13:13   #4279
BHPian

Ventoheads, here is another problem I have seen happen to me 2/3 times. At high speeds lets say at around 100-120 KMPH on highways, I have found the accelerator pedal remaining floored for a few seconds giving some really moments. I have not been able to replicate the problem but has happened to me twice and once with my chauffeur which he reported yesterday. The service station guys supposedly checked the ECU and said there shouldn't be any issue. I also made sure to check that the pedal is not stuck somehow to the floor mat (I have the Kagu 3D ones).

Has anyone faced a similar issue? Would it be a good idea to have the service center check the accelerator assembly to ensure nothing is getting stuck?
Old 17th April 2012, 13:39   #4280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Ventoheads, here is another problem I have seen happen to me 2/3 times. At high speeds lets say at around 100-120 KMPH on highways, I have found the accelerator pedal remaining floored for a few seconds giving some really moments.

Has anyone faced a similar issue? Would it be a good idea to have the service center check the accelerator assembly to ensure nothing is getting stuck?
I used to face this problem in my older car (Zen). It turned out to be insufficient greasing & loosening of the accelerator cable. Maybe you can get that checked by the workshop.
Old 17th April 2012, 13:41   #4281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The service station guys supposedly checked the ECU and said there shouldn't be any issue. I also made sure to check that the pedal is not stuck somehow to the floor mat (I have the Kagu 3D ones).
I was about to say that. The infamous Toyota recall in the US (if I am correct) for the accelerator pedal getting stuck due to the floor mats. But for the Vento this is the first time I am hearing such an issue. It would be advisable to get the accelerator assembly checked at the Service Centre.
Old 17th April 2012, 18:48   #4282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have found the accelerator pedal remaining floored for a few seconds giving some really moments.
As Nilesh mentioned its a mechanical issue , get it checked at the service centre.
Quote:
The service station guys supposedly checked the ECU and said there shouldn't be any issue.
Now , for the case of an accelerator pedal getting stuck as you mentioned - what does it have to do with ECU ? When I see service centre guys doing random stuff like that I feel how apt is the term A*S*S
Old 17th April 2012, 20:17   #4283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I used to face this problem in my older car (Zen). It turned out to be insufficient greasing & loosening of the accelerator cable. Maybe you can get that checked by the workshop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
It would be advisable to get the accelerator assembly checked at the Service Centre.
Quote:
As Nilesh mentioned its a mechanical issue , get it checked at the service centre.
I had a chat with the service adviser on this. I do have a carpet cover on which the 3D Kagu floor mat sometimes slides upwards but not often. On the both the occasions I had experienced this I made it a point to check if the mat was interfering with the pedal and it was not. However I will try to either remove this mat or fix it some way to prevent it from sliding forward and test again for a few days.

Quote:
Now , for the case of an accelerator pedal getting stuck as you mentioned - what does it have to do with ECU ? When I see service centre guys doing random stuff like that I feel how apt is the term A*S*S
Actually according to the SA, the accelerator pedal through its mechanical action transfer an electronic signal to the ECU to vary the injection and control acceleration/deceleration. This is as per the SA and according to him the device receiving the signal from the accelerator pedal is working fine. He said it could be the spring/release operation of the pedal which might be a problem and might need to be replaced if I can find that the floor mat is definitely not the culprit here. Will check the service manuals for the operation of the accelerator.
Old 17th April 2012, 21:53   #4284

What is the OTR price of Vento (Petrol) in Bangalore? I heard they offering huge discounts on the 2011 model.
Old 18th April 2012, 18:09   #4285
BHPian

Guys, just returned from a 2308 Kms long trip (Pune - Aurangabad - Nagpur - Seoni - Jabalpur - Chindwada - Nagpur - Aurangabad - Shirdi - Pune). Started the journey when the odo was at 822 and ended the trip at 3130. With this the run-in period for the engine is also over. Did try to push the car on the return journey to speeds above 120 and reached 140 but the engine sounded strained. Felt as if something was holding it back. Jitni awaaz/growl it made, the car was not running that fast. Moreover, found the engine to be sluggish in 2nd gear. I felt it strains and growls a lot. Since the turbo band is 1500 rpm to 2500 rpm, I expect to get that push back feel of 250nm as soon as I cross 1500rpm and reach towards 2000rpm but i do not get that effect. (Wifey said - its psychological. There is nothing wrong )

Though 3rd gear onwards it does feel that the car has enough power. Just a tap on the accelerator and it pulls effortlessly.

But yes, the engine is definitely sluggish in the morning after a cold start. Dont know, but somehow I dont get that feel of that 250nm torque in 1/2/ and sometime in 3rd gear.

Another thing noticed was high wind noise at speeds above 110km/hr. Felt or rather say it sounded as if air was able to make its way inside the cabin.

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari
Old 19th April 2012, 14:09   #4286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Thanks for all your wishes. I like this car more for helping me make more friends over here in this thread than anything else. It's people like you all who have made my interactions here so very pleasant and memorable. With your permission, I will continue to visit and participate in this thread (currently pretty active in buying new/used car in north america thread ). I felt very happy reading through all your messages, thank you all gentlemen, you made my day!

All of you permitting, I will continue to be a very active participant in this thread.

Thank you again for all your kind words and nice gesture gentlemen.
I just want to say that any query that I had posted on my Rapid, you were the first one to respond! I'm sure going to miss those instant replies!
All the best for your new assignment! Keep logging in!
Old 19th April 2012, 18:07   #4287
Senior - BHPian

I feel you are still in the transition phase from your old car (coming from petrol background?) and if so, I can very well relate to your observations. There is nothing wrong with them, you will get used to it in the due course and then your opinions will change.

I have experienced only tyre noise at around 100-110km/hr. Infact, this range is the sweet spot for the vento and it can effortlessly cruise in this range all day without breaking a sweat! I havent experienced any wind noise though, but I need to admit I seldom drive my car over 100 km/hr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Another thing noticed was high wind noise at speeds above 110km/hr. Felt or rather say it sounded as if air was able to make its way inside the cabin.

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari
Thank you very much for your kind words my friend. If I were to pick an vento again on my return (possibilities are very high), the only change I would do it to pick it up in the awesome blue shade.

This thread will always be on my subscribed list and even though I may not be able to contribute much. Wishing you a nice ownership experience with your rapid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I just want to say that any query that I had posted on my Rapid, you were the first one to respond! I'm sure going to miss those instant replies!
All the best for your new assignment! Keep logging in!
Old 20th April 2012, 22:55   #4288
BHPian

I gave my Vento HL TDi for service to Palace Cross workshop today. The service guy has confirmed the cost of service to be 10,500/- or more. Does it really cost so much? I thought it was around 8500/-!

What is the difference in cost for a petrol car & for a diesel car?

A driver came to my office to pick my car. The moment it reached the workshop, I got a call from a service guy. I also spoke to an expert technician & discussed about the features (like autolock). He had the complete knowledge of the features & answered all my queries with patience. I ran through all the settings that are listed in the PDF making the rounds in Team-BHP. Unfortunately, there are no additional features than the ones listed so far. Overall, it was a nice experience with the Palace Cross workshop.
Old 20th April 2012, 23:50   #4289
BHPian

Well, the honeymoon is over.

I had gone to the bank at Parassala to see whether some official DD's were ready yet, and parked Big Blue outside. The whole thing took maybe 30 minutes, and it was the only time during the whole day that the car was out of my direct view. After that I went straight home, and never sent out again that day.

This morning, the first thing I hear when I wake up is that there are some pretty bad scratches on the hood just above the right headlamp.

I am thinking some sicko must have done this while I was parked at Parassala, but I must not have noticed it in the rush of the day.

I just cannot understand why these idiots cannot leave another guy's car alone but must trash it immediately. Is it jealousy, or something else?

Wil post some clear pics tomorrow, as I desperately need advice on what to do about fixing this.

The scratches are not really that bad (only slight penetration of the paint), but the location and the beautiful blue color of the car make it look much worse.

It's heartbreaking, really.
Old 21st April 2012, 00:42   #4290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
I gave my Vento HL TDi for service to Palace Cross workshop today. The service guy has confirmed the cost of service to be 10,500/- or more. Does it really cost so much? I thought it was around 8500/-!
Blackdiesel if you could post the break up cost of the bill or put a scan copy, then would be able to tell why are they charging so much.
I did 1st paid service for my TDi HL which costed me Rs. 7500 inclusive of all taxes. I skipped on coolant, wiperfluid, car wash & wheel alignment which made a certain difference. As of major chunk of bill is Rs. 4500 for the 4.5L engine oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
The scratches are not really that bad (only slight penetration of the paint), but the location and the beautiful blue color of the car make it look much worse.

It's heartbreaking, really.
Pilliainp I can understand your feeling, just like when I got the 1st scratch on my pearl black Vento. Its heart wrenching.
If the scratch has penetrated the paint surface, then much cant be done about it, except repaint which is a very costly affair for such small incidents. If the paint is still intact a certain rubbing compound will do the trick.
Post the pics tomorrow which would give a more clear idea.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 21st April 2012 at 01:00.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks