Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2012, 06:44   #4336
BHPian

Hi all, need some advice. During a recent vacation, I made the mistake of not placing the wiper in the service position prior to asking the watchman at the resort to give the vento a quick wash. The watchman in his zeal to show that he did a good job pulled the right hand side wiper up. The caused the paint on the inner edge of the bonnet to get peeled off ;(

Aesthetically, it isn't anything at all as it isn't visible unless you were looking for it. I am, however, worried about corrosion as I can see the silver colour of the metal underneath.

I don't want to spend a lot of money reprinting the whole bonnet nor do I want to claim insurance to do so. I am thinking of having this touched up by some local workshop guy just to avoid this exposed area being a source of corrosion. What do you think? Would this serve the purpose or will the entire bonnet necessarily have to be reprinted at the VW service centre to be on the safe side?
Old 1st May 2012, 09:52   #4337
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
I don't want to spend a lot of money reprinting the whole bonnet nor do I want to claim insurance to do so. I am thinking of having this touched up by some local workshop guy just to avoid this exposed area being a source of corrosion. What do you think? Would this serve the purpose or will the entire bonnet necessarily have to be reprinted at the VW service centre to be on the safe side?
Don't bother. Find a good painting garage and get a touch up job done. Its a very minor scratch and probably isn't even visible unless looked hard at. A visit to the VW workshop will set you back by at least 5 grand upwards as they will insist to having the entire hood painted.

The same thing had happened to me within 2 days I got the car when the sun film installers even after my warnings wrestled with the right wiper stalk. I didn't even get it touched up. I located a black marker pen in the shop and just darkened that small area. I haven't seen any corrosion or issues till date even after 10K kms on the car.
samarjitdhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 11:20   #4338
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I will be going for my second scheduled service(30k) this week for Vento TDI in Pune at B.U.Bhandari. Any key recommendations from people who have already done this service?

On a different note, the car is doing really fantastic both in city as well as state highways. I have driven it now outside Maharashtra to Gujrat, Rajasthan, Delhi, Punjab, UP, Chattisgarh, M.P and Karnataka and interiors of Bihar as well. The most deadly patch was early this year when I attempted M.P and Chattisgarh where I did drive bad roads for many kilometeres comprising of under construction and potholes. On my return I did go for an underbody inspection and there were absolutely no damages or, cracks at underbody. Allignment did went out but that was expected from a road where people only take jeep type vehicles.

In terms of the onroad performance till date, I have driven it maximum of around 17.5 hours in one day continuous with A/C ON with lunch and health breaks and even when I was finishing the engine was as geared up like it was when I started in morning. At no place on a flat surface or, in ghats did I feel any acceleration problems. Here I would like to also emphasize that I dont like mostly to goto 3rd gear from 4th or, 5th when to accelerate and due to adequate torque(25kgm) there is never a need to downshift gears to accelerate fast. The car is rock solid and pin point accurate on hilly curves and I always feel in full control. The maximum speed I have driven till date is 175 and thats on ahemdabad expressway and mumbai expressway and there was still some paddle left to press(which I could not ). The car is absolutely marvellous and am proud to drive one !!!
nikesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 14:38   #4339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post
Hi Guys,

I will be going for my second scheduled service(30k) this week for Vento TDI in Pune at B.U.Bhandari. Any key recommendations from people who have already done this service?
Get in touch with user @mikon who got his 2nd servicing a few weeks back from BU Bhandari.

Btw, 30k on the odometer and now you post about it? Was that a semi-ownership post?
Old 1st May 2012, 18:01   #4340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Congrats! Atleast now you can see the light at the end of tunnel. Eating for your own thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Great news! Start preparing for your ownership thread. . It's actually good you away. It would have been even more frustrating counting down here in Bangalore!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Many congratulations, I can see the change in your profile picture too It would usually take about 10 days for the car to arrive in the dealers yard, so by the time you return back, you can expect delivery.

Meanwhile enjoy your time in sweden, this is probably the best time of the year to be there.
Thanks guys. Yes I've been composing (only in my mind) an ownership thread of mine ever since I made the booking! Have to still write down things. This would be my first such compilation, hope it would be good enough for this forum. Some of the ownership threads here are really outstanding.

I have even thought of a name for the Vento! I am not revealing it for now but it is an interesting name. It has connections both with Germany and India!

Yes Bala, Sweden has its charms but right now I'd rather be in India
Old 1st May 2012, 19:33   #4341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx
Yes I've been composing (only in my mind) an ownership thread of mine ever since I made the booking!
Please do post your booking and ownership report. It will give us a fresh view on a very successful car.
Old 2nd May 2012, 09:32   #4342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Finally my Vento has left the factory and is on its way to the dealer! Got his confirmation today (alongwith VIN and engine details)

Unfortunately I am stuck here in Sweden still for 2 more weeks Cannot wait to come back to Bangalore now!
Hey, congrats on your new Vento! Which color did you choose & where did you book it - Downtown or Palace Cross?
For the rest of the details, will wait for your ownership thread anyway
blackdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 19:14   #4343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
Hey, congrats on your new Vento! Which color did you choose & where did you book it - Downtown or Palace Cross?
For the rest of the details, will wait for your ownership thread anyway
Thanks blackdiesel

It is a Shadow Blue Vento Highline Petrol AT. Booking was done on the eve of Holi with Apple Auto Pvt Ltd (aka VW Whitefield). Initially they promised delivery in 3 weeks but its offset by about 2 months! Not their fault as VW were not manufacturing any petrol cars recently (but they could have been transparent about it at the time of booking).

Will surely put up a report here. But it is still a few weeks away Look forward to learn a few things about the car from you guys.
Old 2nd May 2012, 20:03   #4344

Got my Vento TDi serviced at 15000km. Got the clutch hose pipe changed along with the service. The difference is quite noticeable. Got info from the SA that only 5-6 cars have got the particular part changed under warranty in the whole state(KL). Most of the owners consider the jerks, vibrations & abnormal noise to be normal with the Vento. Mine's an Oct '11 manufactured post-refresh vento.
Old 3rd May 2012, 19:57   #4345
BHPian

I have changed my car speakers, here is the details
Old 4th May 2012, 23:59   #4346
BHPian

Its raining cats and dogs for the last week in Kerala.

Time for some looong drives in the rain in the Vento!!

Handling, braking and cornering in the rains is spot on!!

The wipers are a let down. Instead of a silent swooosh of the blades over the windshield, it is more like a 'scraaaaape' with a 'squeak' at the end of each upswing of the blade just before it starts its downswing. Very annoying.

They do their job properly however. The water is cleared of the windshield very well.
Old 7th May 2012, 08:36   #4347
Senior - BHPian

I had some problem in my gearbox where the gear lever vibrates in the fourth gear. Palace Cross service tried 3 times and last time, they tightened up the linkage (I guess) so much that 1st and 2nd gear was very hard.
Took it to the service centre myself (had been using their drivers pick my car up previously since its 23 kms from my place). They took about 8 hours to repair it and at the end I took a test drive without knowing what they had done.

While signing off on the papers, they told me that they replaced some mechanism which costs about 14K and it was taken up under warranty and I had to pay nothing. Got the seats cleaned up also as a complement.

The service centre guys are nice chaps. Although it seems a bit unorganized having only one repair/service centre for whole of Bengaluru (for Palace Cross dealer).
Old 7th May 2012, 22:56   #4348
BHPian

Guys,
I dont know if am late in getting to know of this: VW has introduced a "Comfortline" in Diesel variant. I came to know of this through a colleague, whose friend has booked it at 1.5 lacs on-road price.

Just checked in on VW website here.
Old 9th May 2012, 15:56   #4349
BHPian

I have been driving my 2012 Shadow Blue Vento TDI Highline for about 1.5months now and have completed ~4200Kms. My car came shod with JK Vectras. At speeds above 110/120kmph I feel a shudders and loose confident. Feels as if car is loosing its grip and gets bouncy. I have driven my previous Vista SAFIRE at speeds 140+, so it is not that I have not experienced high speeds but somehow I do not get the courage/confidence to go beyond 120 or hold it at 120 with my Vento. Is it because of the JK Vectra's? Till 110kmph it is smooth and comfortable. I really want to explore the potential of this beast.

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari
Old 9th May 2012, 16:25   #4350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
I have been driving my 2012 Shadow Blue Vento TDI Highline for about 1.5months now and have completed ~4200Kms. My car came shod with JK Vectras. At speeds above 110/120kmph I feel a shudders and loose confident. Feels as if car is loosing its grip and gets bouncy. I have driven my previous Vista SAFIRE at speeds 140+, so it is not that I have not experienced high speeds but somehow I do not get the courage/confidence to go beyond 120 or hold it at 120 with my Vento. Is it because of the JK Vectra's? Till 110kmph it is smooth and comfortable. I really want to explore the potential of this beast.

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari
It would be a good idea to get all the 4 wheels balanced at a reputed tyre shop. A shuddering feeling or vibrations only at particular speed may be due to the unbalanced wheels. Was it this way right from day one or are you experiencing this off late after some event (like hitting a pot hole at high speed or fixing a puncture etc)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks