Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 16:31   #4351
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
It would be a good idea to get all the 4 wheels balanced at a reputed tyre shop. A shuddering feeling or vibrations only at particular speed may be due to the unbalanced wheels. Was it this way right from day one or are you experiencing this off late after some event (like hitting a pot hole at high speed or fixing a puncture etc)?
I think, this has been the case ever since I got the delivery. Though during first 1500Kms I did not go beyond 100Kmph it is just off-late that the run-in period got over and I occasionally push pedal to go beyond 110kmph.

Still, point taken. Will try to get the wheel balancing checked.
Old 9th May 2012, 16:55   #4352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
Guys,
I dont know if am late in getting to know of this: VW has introduced a "Comfortline" in Diesel variant. I came to know of this through a colleague, whose friend has booked it at 1.5 lacs on-road price.

Just checked in on VW website here.
Yes, this was introduced just before the IPL, the ABS and the Airbags are missing, the rest are cosmetic changes
Old 9th May 2012, 17:26   #4353
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
There was a lot of (initial) noise on the stock accessory mudflaps, mostly on the negative side. Considering the rains are approaching (hopefully), I'm planning to get these done for the car. Any suggestions? Or do I just approach the workshop to get them done there?
Old 9th May 2012, 17:32   #4354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
I have been driving my 2012 Shadow Blue Vento TDI Highline for about 1.5months now and have completed ~4200Kms. My car came shod with JK Vectras. At speeds above 110/120kmph I feel a shudders and loose confident. Is it because of the JK Vectra's? Till 110kmph it is smooth and comfortable. I really want to explore the potential of this beast.
Aniket even my Vento TDi HL Apr'11 came shod with JK Vectras and they are absolutely very good tyres. Mark my word when I say, I have pushed the car to its full potential on Mumbai-Pune Expressway and while driving through the ghats with heavy braking and pushed around the corners. JK's never gave a problem. They are hard compound tyres which is actually good for road conditions in India, whereas soft compound Michelin's & Yoko result in side wall cuts and what not.

Well I think you should get wheel alignment done from a reputed shop or VW itself. When I got my car, wheel alignment was off and the car used to go left. Got it corrected from VW after a month of delivery for free of cost.

Edit:
@Ninja
Get the original mudflaps from VW, they are absolutely worth it. They may sometimes bottom out on huge speed breakers but they are are rock solid like the car and nothing happens to them.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 9th May 2012 at 17:36.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 11:01   #4355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Aniket even my Vento TDi HL Apr'11 came shod with JK Vectras and they are absolutely very good tyres. Mark my word when I say, I have pushed the car to its full potential on Mumbai-Pune Expressway and while driving through the ghats with heavy braking and pushed around the corners. JK's never gave a problem. They are hard compound tyres which is actually good for road conditions in India, whereas soft compound Michelin's & Yoko result in side wall cuts and what not.

Well I think you should get wheel alignment done from a reputed shop or VW itself. When I got my car, wheel alignment was off and the car used to go left. Got it corrected from VW after a month of delivery for free of cost.

Edit:
@Ninja
Get the original mudflaps from VW, they are absolutely worth it. They may sometimes bottom out on huge speed breakers but they are are rock solid like the car and nothing happens to them.
@El lobo : Sure. I will get the wheel alignment checked next weekend as I have guests this weekend at home.

@Ninja : I got the original mudflaps from VW at the time of delivery itself. I agree with El Lobo here. They are strong. Last month I had to travel to MP and as every one knows, MP roads are baaaad. Many a times the mudflaps scratched but nothing happened to them. I had a doubt that they might break but to my surprise, after the abuse they survived from that MP trip, only their bottom part was scratched and rest all was good.

Just a generic query - I have seen many VW original mudflaps having 'Vento' badging but the one's fitted in my car does not have that. VW Pune (B.U.Bhandari) charged about INR 1300 for these. I hope they are not duplicate.

Regards,
Aniket
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 11:15   #4356
Senior - BHPian

Buying Petrol Vento is now the rarest thing.

Just had a talk with fellow bhpian & friend @rock22 who has booked a Vento Petrol HL in Jan'12. Came to know that production of petrol Vento has not started and been postponed to July'12. He has received an official mail stating the same. If the conditions don't improve production of petrol Vento may be postponed to Oct'12.

Now he is contemplating on cancelling his booking of Vento Petrol and booking a Honda Jazz. Another customer lost by VW.

With the fuel hike in future very much possible, future of petrol powered cars seems dismal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Just a generic query - I have seen many VW original mudflaps having 'Vento' badging but the one's fitted in my car does not have that. VW Pune (B.U.Bhandari) charged about INR 1300 for these. I hope they are not duplicate
The ones I have on my Vento too have Vento lettering and due to usage have just got scratched, nothing else. I think the mud flaps on your car would be duplicate. Why would any company skip its car name from mud flaps which is essential.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 10th May 2012 at 11:31. Reason: Mistake corrected.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 11:20   #4357
BHPian

Quote:

The ones I have on my Vento too have Vento lettering and due to usage have just got scratched, nothing else. I think the mud flaps on your friends car would be duplicate. Why would any company skip its car name from mud flaps which is essential. Does the size on your friend car same as the OEM ones you have?
Buddy, I was talking about my car. It my car mudflaps which do not have Vento lettering :(

Since I got this from the dealer, I did not think that a dealer of such a reputed company would get down to this level so ignored.

But I think it is now too late to complain to him. In next 8 days my car would be 2months old. But surely, I will talk to the SA about this.
Old 10th May 2012, 15:25   #4358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Guys,
There was a lot of (initial) noise on the stock accessory mudflaps, mostly on the negative side. Considering the rains are approaching (hopefully), I'm planning to get these done for the car. Any suggestions? Or do I just approach the workshop to get them done there?
Get stock (OEM) mudflaps, they are hard, some big speed breakers they scrape, with all those disclaimers, I still have driven my car on non existant Bangalore roads for 33,000 KM as of today. The reason:

a) Its enhances the look of the car
b) its heavy duty
c) its effective

I have been scraping the speed breakers, but dont worry, till now it hasnt caused any damage, and when the mudflaps break, I will get them changed!
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 15:59   #4359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buying Petrol Vento is now the rarest thing.

Just had a talk with fellow bhpian & friend @rock22 who has booked a Vento Petrol HL in Jan'12. Came to know that production of petrol Vento has not started and been postponed to July'12. He has received an official mail stating the same. If the conditions don't improve production of petrol Vento may be postponed to Oct'12.

Now he is contemplating on cancelling his booking of Vento Petrol and booking a Honda Jazz. Another customer lost by VW.
Yes I had updated that info on the vento delays thread. VW were not manufacturing any Petrol HL cars this year, so far. Came to know that they manufactured 64 AT cars in april (mine was one of them). Next assembling for Petrol Ventos is only in July as you say.

Quote:
With the fuel hike in future very much possible, future of petrol powered cars seems dismal.
Its interesting you say that. Yes petrol getting costlier is a problem but then Petrol cars do have an ace up their sleeve - you can add CNG unit to them!!! Then they'll be cheaper to run in the city than Diesels.

In any case, VW is planning to launch factory fitted CNG options for Polo/Vento/Fabia/Rapid! It would be interesting then.
Old 10th May 2012, 16:09   #4360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
In any case, VW is planning to launch factory fitted CNG options for Polo/Vento/Fabia/Rapid! It would be interesting then.
That's interesting! I'm sure there would a lot of takers for the CNG option. But I'd not be the one queuing up for German cars running on CNG, even if I was in the market for one! What's the fun in it?
Old 10th May 2012, 17:47   #4361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
That's interesting! I'm sure there would a lot of takers for the CNG option. But I'd not be the one queuing up for German cars running on CNG, even if I was in the market for one! What's the fun in it?
Well there is a huge CNG market in north Nilesh, esp in Delhi/NCR. CNG makes lot of sense as you save a lot (per KM it comes to around half of Diesel running cost I think), you pay lot less than the diesel premium (CNG fitment again costs less than half of the Diesel price differential) and you always have that option to use the petrol mode whenever you want. So in the city you can run on CNG and on highways you can still run on petrol (lot of petrol cars still give good FE on highways). It is win-win for many people. I know an acquaintance who has CNG in his Honda City. His daily drive is around 100 KM in Delhi and with CNG he is quite happy.
Old 10th May 2012, 19:53   #4362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I had updated that info on the vento delays thread. VW were not manufacturing any Petrol HL cars this year, so far. Came to know that they manufactured 64 AT cars in april (mine was one of them). Next assembling for Petrol Ventos is only in July as you say.
You are lucky that you are getting a petrol Vento that too AT, 2012 manufactured. One thing you can be very proud of is that you have the rarest car on the road.

Quote:
Its interesting you say that. Yes petrol getting costlier is a problem but then Petrol cars do have an ace up their sleeve - you can add CNG unit to them!!! Then they'll be cheaper to run in the city than Diesels.
Yeah that's correct petrol cars always have the option of CNG but it results in drop in power and engine life reduces. But definitely its a good option to reduce everyday running cost.

Quote:
What.

No, VW please don't do this. I cannot imagine German cars fitted with CNG kits. Zero driving pleasure.

Is this information correct? Is VW really planning to launch CNG powered cars. From where did you get this information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
+1. Cannot imagine a Polo queuing up for CNG. CNG option is best left over for Suzuki & Honda. Germans be sparred of this option for good. But that's just me.
Old 10th May 2012, 20:01   #4363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are lucky that you are getting a petrol Vento that too AT, 2012 manufactured. One thing you can be very proud of is that you have the rarest car on the road.
rarest car on road That could be the title of my ownership report!

Quote:
What.

No, VW please don't do this. I cannot imagine German cars fitted with CNG kits. Zero driving pleasure.

Is this information correct? Is VW really planning to launch CNG powered cars. From where did you get this information?
Heres a link Skoda India's Thomas Kuehl talks about Citigo & Octavia

Can not vouch for its veracity though!
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 22:44   #4364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
rarest car on road That could be the title of my ownership report!
At least now you have a very eye catching title and your cars rarity would be among those of Porsche. Start your thread with this title "Rarest Car On Road : VW Vento AT HL" and first opening sentence should be "Only 64 copies made in the year 2012". BTW congrats. Looking forward to your ownership thread

Quote:
Heres a link Skoda India's Thomas Kuehl talks about Citigo & Octavia

Can not vouch for its veracity though!
Mr. Thomas Kuehl is suggesting they are contemplating on launching CNG variant in Fabia/Rapid but I think it would hardly happen in this year. Why?
Since India is currently very volatile in the nature of fuel pricing. There are rumors for possible fuel hike (which surely gonna happen and its gonna be huge), taxing diesel car, deregulation of diesel pricing, reforms etc.
Auto manufacturers would like take a look at the situation before making any further investment on the assembly line for manufacturing a different variant.
Old 11th May 2012, 08:42   #4365
BHPian

HI guys

My ownership thread here. Give ur comments

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...vento-tdi.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks