Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2012, 15:59   #4441
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
As others have said, better being safe than sorry. A minute checking of the car can dispel doubts. Rusting can be also a big issue if its lying in the stockyard.

though, a June'11 car is still lying around ? When will VW manufacture the 2012 petrol Vento at this rate? Sometime in 2013?
I was told first batch of 2012 Petrol cars (AT HL NOT MT HL/TL) is expected to come in around August, where as MT HL is September and MT TL only if there is any demand.

@Carmageddon Also a lot depends on what color are they offering - if it is black/red/blue then forget it a year of dust and no cleaning on those colors is death for the paint job - no amount of detailing will help you make it look like new. If it is white/silver/beige - it still won't look new but will be much better than the other colors if cleaned and detailed properly before delivery.

Again my sincere advice PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL - you might lose out on the joy of a new car and might buy yourself a lot of headache in the process of saving money. Also please factor that a old car's resale will make you lose the same amount as you get here in discounts.
Old 29th May 2012, 16:11   #4442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
I was told first batch of 2012 Petrol cars (AT HL NOT MT HL/TL) is expected to come in around August, where as MT HL is September and MT TL only if there is any demand.
Just a small correction: The first batch of 2012 Petrol AT cars was assembled in April. Just 64 cars were assembled in total. Mine was one of them

Next lot will be assembled only in July. But I think it is quite sensible from VW. There is hardly any demand for Petrol cars and Vento is terribly overpriced. They foolishly manufactured lot of them last year and couldnt sell them and hence had to come up with the various clearance offers. This kind of arrangement would mean this error would not be repeated though it would also mean some of the Petrol customers would inadvertently be directed towards rivals.
Old 29th May 2012, 16:17   #4443
Senior - BHPian

I somehow hate the chrome strip on the AC adjusters. After service, they put some oily thing and it slips a lot.
I just exerted a little pressure and this is what happened. It broke somewhere inside. It happened for the first time on any of my cars (about 10 now). Thinking they forgot to maintain the build quality :(
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20120505_093718_914.jpg  

Old 29th May 2012, 16:17   #4444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Just a small correction: The first batch of 2012 Petrol AT cars was assembled in April. Just 64 cars were assembled in total. Mine was one of them

Next lot will be assembled only in July. But I think it is quite sensible from VW. There is hardly any demand for Petrol cars and Vento is terribly overpriced. They foolishly manufactured lot of them last year and couldnt sell them and hence had to come up with the various clearance offers. This kind of arrangement would mean this error would not be repeated though it would also mean some of the Petrol customers would inadvertently be directed towards rivals.
Hey!

Great to see some petrol 2012 Ventos also on TBHP . I was telling what I was told by my dealer - maybe out of those 64 cars none made it to Delhi or at least my dealer. He clearly mentioned that first lot of 2012 Petrol Ventos (in Delhi) won't be available before August (AT HL only not MT HL or TL) - which does seem to make sense, as you say that second assembly is planned for July!

He too mentioned that he has 2011 Petrols, especially MT - all the AT have mostly been sold at good discounts - he did mention that they are newer than what VW Delhi South is offering Carmageddon - which is why I suggest Carmageddon you should visit VW Delhi West as well as VW outlets in Noida and Gurgaon - you are sure to find a newer 2011 car at an equally good discount or maybe even better for an equally old car.
Old 29th May 2012, 16:44   #4445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I somehow hate the chrome strip on the AC adjusters. After service, they put some oily thing and it slips a lot.
I just exerted a little pressure and this is what happened. It broke somewhere inside. It happened for the first time on any of my cars (about 10 now). Thinking they forgot to maintain the build quality :(
Oh boy- that's what's happened to TWO of my air-vents, the ones on extreme right and left. It's most annoying- my Swift vents are tougher than this. My next service is at least 5000 km away so need to get this fixed, along with one of the windshield washers that has stopped functioning. Also the windshield washer tank cap has fallen off!
VW is crowing about its complimentary "summer checkup" all over Facebook but when I asked them how I avail of this since my dealer doesn't bother sending the coupons over/ does it very selectively, they conveniently ignore my question. Anyone here done the summer check? Can I just call them up and demand one?

Last edited by noopster : 29th May 2012 at 17:00. Reason: Added another problem for my own reference :)
Old 29th May 2012, 16:49   #4446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Can I just call them up and demand one?
Yes, you can. I had it done last year without invite.
Abhinav.Daos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2012, 17:03   #4447
BHPian

Quote:

Oops. I stand corrected. Yes it is a sensible policy but then given the situation in the country now, why even bother to have a petrol model. A petrol Vento has now become a truly made to order car .

On another note, this IPL, they could have cleared the inventory instead of giving one car at the end, they could have given one each for the man of the match for all the matches. I wonder who would even dare to buy a petrol car now after the recent hike. Already in my city I have seen lesser number of cars in the road after the hike came into effect.
Old 29th May 2012, 17:11   #4448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can I just call them up and demand one?
Yes. I had previously done Monsoon Check-Up'11 camp without coupons. By either going to the workshop or calling them and telling them you haven't received the coupons, they should oblige.

Anyways all these check-up camp are good initiative but I didn't like any of them. Why fix something which ain't broke. Best part is you get free car wash & discount on accessories.
Old 29th May 2012, 19:45   #4449
Distinguished - BHPian

<OT Point Start>

I know this is quite lame, but had to post this.

It's very rare that you get to see such a scenario.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img00291201205291858.jpg

And that makes the second Rapid in my office campus, the other one being a Black Rapid.

</OT Point End>

Ok, I'm done. Now please continue with your discussions
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2012, 20:14   #4450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Quote:
Oh boy- that's what's happened to TWO of my air-vents, the ones on extreme right and left.
You should be thankful that yours lasted quite a while , mine broke within the first 3 months . Mine was glued up at the service centre - replacing them is quite costly ( I think costs anywhere between 2000-3000 each unit) and they are not covered under warranty ( at least thats what the Nerul workshop told me ). I think Ninja mentioned that Polos also face the same problem and use machine oil to lubricate the ends which prevents them from breaking

Quote:
VW is crowing about its complimentary "summer checkup" all over Facebook but when I asked them how I avail of this since my dealer doesn't bother sending the coupons over/ does it very selectively, they conveniently ignore my question. Anyone here done the summer check? Can I just call them up and demand one?
Guess the honeymoon period is over , VW would not be sending them to the oldies . Even I was waiting for the same finally when I heard that monsoons have hit the Andaman coast I gave up on summer preparation and thought that its better to get the pre-monsoon checkup done at my own cost before it starts pouring in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
<OT Point Start>

</OT Point End>

Ok, I'm done. Now please continue with your discussions
My first reaction was " Damn lucky guy ! So much available parking "

Last edited by souravc : 29th May 2012 at 20:18.
Old 29th May 2012, 21:41   #4451
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
You should be thankful that yours lasted quite a while , mine broke within the first 3 months . Mine was glued up at the service centre - replacing them is quite costly ( I think costs anywhere between 2000-3000 each unit) and they are not covered under warranty ( at least thats what the Nerul workshop told me ). I think Ninja mentioned that Polos also face the same problem and use machine oil to lubricate the ends which prevents them from breaking
Oh yes, the problem was faced by several Polo owners long before we started facing it. Infact, one of the Polo owners had also put up a DIY post on how to make-do with a temporary setup than opting to get a new unit. Had posted the link to that post on this thread only. Guess we'll have to search!

Quote:
My first reaction was " Damn lucky guy ! So much available parking "
Haha, now that's a Mumbaikar's true reaction!
Old 30th May 2012, 16:04   #4452

Quote:
I checked with 2 dealers in Bangalore (VW Whitefield and VW Bangalore - Hosur Road).

VW Whitefield says there no 2011 stock for either Vento or Polo. He was trying to hardsell 2012 model (even for Polo 1.6)

Story at VW Bangalore was completely different. They refuse to take booking for any petrol models. According to them Vento will be manufacturerd only in Aug or Sep and Polo 1.6 has been discontinued. I was offered approx 75k discount on Vento trendline (Dec 2011) model. Total OTR was coming around 8 lakhs but considering the petrol price hike and no saftety features on the Trendline trim, I decided not to gor for it.

Skoda Rapid Ambition looks like the best VFM deal. It is around 8.9 Lakhs OTR in Bangalore.
Old 30th May 2012, 16:20   #4453
Senior - BHPian

Most of the Vento/Polo owners may be aware of how long VW Radio antenna is and those who all cover their cars with DuPont Tyvek cover, find it quite hard since it is too long.

Just placed an order for "VW Polo Vento Short stubby Antenna Original VW product" for Rs. 625 at eBay. Any of you interested can get it here. The listing for it came after very long time & have been waiting to purchase since bhpian & friend nileshch got one for his car.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 16:32   #4454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Most of the Vento/Polo owners may be aware of how long VW Radio antenna is and those who all cover their cars with DuPont Tyvek cover, find it quite hard since it is too long.

Just placed an order for "VW Polo Vento Short stubby Antenna Original VW product" for Rs. 625 at eBay. Any of you interested can get it here. The listing for it came after very long time & have been waiting to purchase since bhpian & friend nileshch got one for his car.
Why not just un-screw it? I find it a lot easier than anything else, even if it has to be done on a daily basis

Btw do give feedback on the "reception" with the new antenna.
Old 30th May 2012, 16:33   #4455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatmilan View Post
I checked with 2 dealers in Bangalore (VW Whitefield and VW Bangalore - Hosur Road).

VW Whitefield says there no 2011 stock for either Vento or Polo. He was trying to hardsell 2012 model (even for Polo 1.6)

Story at VW Bangalore was completely different. They refuse to take booking for any petrol models. According to them Vento will be manufacturerd only in Aug or Sep and Polo 1.6 has been discontinued. I was offered approx 75k discount on Vento trendline (Dec 2011) model. Total OTR was coming around 8 lakhs but considering the petrol price hike and no saftety features on the Trendline trim, I decided not to gor for it.

Skoda Rapid Ambition looks like the best VFM deal. It is around 8.9 Lakhs OTR in Bangalore.
I guess then there is no clarity on Petrol models! VW might just wind it up at some time if it continues like that. So bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

He has increased price from 500 to 625 now! It looks quite good.

I came across some even shorter antennas (as short as 2 inches) on amazon. I wish those were available here in India. If enough people people are interested we can ask this unitedcustomz guy to import them for us. This way at least we would not have to pay courier charges individually if bought directly from amazon as they can be substantial.

This is the product I am talking about:
Amazon.com: SUPER STUBBY 2" STUBBIE STUBBY SHORT BILLET ANTENNA VW JETTA 2003 03: Electronics

Costs $12.95 so just about the same as the stubby one available with unitedcustomz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks