Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2012, 19:12   #4456
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

This is what the unitedcustomz guy's stubby antenna looks like. I've been running it for a while now and it looks way better than the stock long antenna.

Those interested should also look for his VW logo wheel steel valve covers. They look very cool with the alloy wheels. I got these too, and am pretty happy. No pics of those though.
Old 30th May 2012, 21:23   #4457
Senior - BHPian

The order I placed even got shipped today by DTDC Airmail even after I placed order at 4 pm. Kudos to United Customz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Why not just un-screw it? I find it a lot easier than anything else, even if it has to be done on a daily basis

Btw do give feedback on the "reception" with the new antenna.
The problem with screwing/unscrewing again and again can make it loose & I didn't liked the long antenna any day. The short ones looks better for sedans.
Will put up my short review for it on reception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I guess then there is no clarity on Petrol models! VW might just wind it up at some time if it continues like that. So bad!
VW should surely stop production of petrol Vento/Polo. If market remains unfavorable and demand for diesel outpaces petrol by a huge margin, VW would definitely make the assembly line run for diesel only, just like in the case of Jetta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
He has increased price from 500 to 625 now! It looks quite good.

I came across some even shorter antennas (as short as 2 inches) on amazon. I wish those were available here in India. If enough people people are interested we can ask this unitedcustomz guy to import them for us. This way at least we would not have to pay courier charges individually if bought directly from amazon as they can be substantial.[/url]

Costs $12.95 so just about the same as the stubby one available with unitedcustomz.
Yeah earlier pricing was Rs. 525 and newer one is Rs. 100 extra but he does free shipping too. The product provided is a Genuine VW Part.

Regarding the shorter stubby, its for VW Jetta'03 and might not fit current generation cars and the part is not even Genuine VW accessory but certainly looks even better.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 22:23   #4458
BHPian

Quote:
Btw do give feedback on the "reception" with the new antenna.
The stubby antenna is as good as the OEM antenna. No change in the reception quality. It seems to be an original accessory (going by the plastic wrap and the hologram on it). The antenna is sturdy and has a nice rubbery plastic feel to it.

Last edited by nileshch : 30th May 2012 at 22:27.
Old 31st May 2012, 09:08   #4459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061
Most of the Vento/Polo owners may be aware of how long VW Radio antenna is and those who all cover their cars with DuPont Tyvek cover, find it quite hard since it is too long.
I have also placed order for this, was waiting for the relisting since saw it in pillainp's thread. Looks like the air valve cap for VW is now not there. Will post reception details once I receive it.
Old 31st May 2012, 16:34   #4460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
Looks like the air valve cap for VW is now not there.
O.T. : Yes, air valve caps are off the listing. I was contemplating to purchase one set of it but left the idea thinking prying eyes may steal them. Even if one goes off, the whole look is spoilt.
Old 31st May 2012, 18:18   #4461
BHPian

Okay, so finally took the delivery of my MT Silver Vento Diesel HL - loving it so far. Please keep in mind this is my first MT car - I did know how to drive MT (friends' cars and generally learnt it!) so have a questions...

Is it only me or is it a problem/fact for all - the pedals are placed too close to each other? I have big feet (size 11) and wear wide shoes (can not drive in anything but shoes!) - and often the left foot on the clutch is hitting the right foot on the brake - I think the pedals could have been a little further apart - I also feel the clutch is a little high out (protruding) and a little hard - will it get better with more miles? It's an April 2012 manufactured car so don't thin kit needs clutch hose pipe replacement like many other Ventos on TBHP needed (most were 2011 models!)... do advice!

Also, can someone explain the lighting knob it's a little confusing... too lazy to read the manual
Old 31st May 2012, 19:02   #4462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
O.T. : Yes, air valve caps are off the listing. I was contemplating to purchase one set of it but left the idea thinking prying eyes may steal them. Even if one goes off, the whole look is spoilt.
Which is why I cleverly bought two sets at once.

But I have forgotten where I put the spare set. Back to square one, I guess.

But the look it gives the wheels is well worth the effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Okay, so finally took the delivery of my MT Silver Vento Diesel HL - loving it so far.....

Also, can someone explain the lighting knob it's a little confusing... too lazy to read the manual
Congrats on a great buy.

This is a very involving car to drive, and it "will" encourage you to drive fast.

Take care when you stomp on the throttle, you might drive up the back of the guy in front of you.

Lighting knob:
1 turn - Park/driving lights
2 turns - Headlights
1 pull in park light position - Front Fogs
2 pulls in park light position - Rear Fogs (indicator will light up on Tacho)

High-Low Beam and flash on left stalk with indicators.

Turning off all the lights (0 position) and setting indicator stalk to right or left turn position will result in only that side's park lights lighting up when you remove the key from the ignition.

Last edited by pillainp : 31st May 2012 at 19:09.
Old 31st May 2012, 19:18   #4463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Congrats on a great buy.

This is a very involving car to drive, and it "will" encourage you to drive fast.

Take care when you stomp on the throttle, you might drive up the back of the guy in front of you.

Lighting knob:
1 turn - Park/driving lights
2 turns - Headlights
1 pull in park light position - Front Fogs
2 pulls in park light position - Rear Fogs (indicator will light up on Tacho)

High-Low Beam and flash on left stalk with indicators.

Turning off all the lights (0 position) and setting indicator stalk to right or left turn position will result in only that side's park lights lighting up when you remove the key from the ignition.
Haha! Used to flooring a pedal which has 500+ NM of torque So I think I can keep the 1.6L under control.

Thanks for explaining the light knob - what are the two indicators on the knob left side both indicate fog lights - one of them brightens up on pulling the knob, the other one always remains red...
Old 1st June 2012, 14:17   #4464
BHPian

The one that turns green is the front fog, the one that stays red is probably for the rear fog light.
Old 1st June 2012, 15:57   #4465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Buying Petrol Vento is now the rarest thing.

Just had a talk with fellow bhpian & friend @rock22 who has booked a Vento Petrol HL in Jan'12. Came to know that production of petrol Vento has not started and been postponed to July'12. He has received an official mail stating the same. If the conditions don't improve production of petrol Vento may be postponed to Oct'12.

Now he is contemplating on cancelling his booking of Vento Petrol and booking a Honda Jazz. Another customer lost by VW.
Hi Rohaan, and everyone on the thread,

I finally had to cancel my booking of the Vento Petrol HL MT (2012)... had been waiting for it since September 2011. Ever since I had driven a friend's vento, was in love with it, but wanted to buy only the refreshed version - really feel sad about it :( And then instead of going for any other car of the segment which I would have earlier rejected, I decided to switch segment and buy a car which would make me feel happy. So on 14th May, my Jazz-X came home and I'm simply loving it ! Although I could not get myself a Vento, this thread has given me a lot... my heartfelt thanks to all TBHPians on this thread, especially Rohaan, ninjatalli, souravc, noopster, vb-san, nileshch, bala80... thanks guys!

Maybe a bit OT, but I can't resist the temptation to post a pic of my jazz. Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc07098.jpg  

rock22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 16:20   #4466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Maybe a bit OT, but I can't resist the temptation to post a pic of my jazz. Cheers
Congratulations Rock22 on getting yourself the Jazz, nice, cute, little (big) car. It would be interesting to know what made you switch from a Vento to a Jazz (apart from the 8 month long waiting period for 2012 Petrol Vento). Maybe you can start your Jazz ownership thread & treat us with many more pictures.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 16:24   #4467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Haha! Used to flooring a pedal which has 500+ NM of torque So I think I can keep the 1.6L under control.

Thanks for explaining the light knob - what are the two indicators on the knob left side both indicate fog lights - one of them brightens up on pulling the knob, the other one always remains red...
One lights up to show the fog lights are ON.
For the other one, they put the indication in the instrument panel Inconsistent design :(
Old 1st June 2012, 16:34   #4468
BHPian

Quote:
<OT Point Start>

I know this is quite lame, but had to post this.

It's very rare that you get to see such a scenario.

Attachment 933708

And that makes the second Rapid in my office campus, the other one being a Black Rapid.

</OT Point End>

Ok, I'm done. Now please continue with your discussions
Rapid it may be by name but for me it looks like Makanchand Pandey and his elder bro Chulbul Pandey together.
You know who is Chulbul !!!

Last edited by polopm : 1st June 2012 at 16:40. Reason: slight text correction
Old 1st June 2012, 18:17   #4469
Senior - BHPian

Just received my Vento stubby antenna from United Customz in record 48 hrs of placing order. Will put up detailed review(yup detailed review) of it in my ownership thread later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Hi Rohaan, and everyone on the thread,

Congrats all over again dear friend.

I thought you almost forgot Team-Bhp. Good to see you back. Jazz as I said earlier is a very niche car and the things you can carry around & do in it is even impossible in Vento. With the waiting period extending again & again it made much sense to change the booking. Later you could get a Vento TSi, whenever it releases in future.

I shouldn't say this, but you would have enjoyed Vento P/D so much more on those Deharadun/Mussoorie/Haridwar ghats & roads. Miss those roads so much.

Jazz picture completes the post. Thanks for posting it. Now your ownership review for Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Rapid it may be by name but for me it looks like Makanchand Pandey and his elder bro Chulbul Pandey together.
You know who is Chulbul !!!
Absolutely correct.
Vento : Chulbul Pandey.
Rapid : Makhanchand 'Makhi' Pandey.

Sorry mods for off topic post. Couldn't resist it.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 1st June 2012 at 18:19.
Old 2nd June 2012, 19:11   #4470
Senior - BHPian

PDI done today. Satisfactory experience. Car looked ok as far as the novice in me could look. Forgot to look at the Odo though. Car was washed already when I reached their yard.

A look at what I would be bringing home next week :-)

Name:  ForumRunner_20120602_191006.png
Views: 1790
Size:  587.2 KB
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks