Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2012, 20:21   #4531
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

My BIL booked a shadow blue vento highline TDI last week at downtown Bangalore. They say that 3 of them are readily available in their stockyard and they are manufactured in March 2012. I thought vento TDI had a waiting period and this surprised me. Went to their stockyard and there were 3 shadow blue HL ventos from March 2012. He showed us the one earmarked for us from Feb 2012 manufactured date. Car looked fine with only 12.5kms on the ODO. Is it OK to take delivery of a Feb Manufactured vehicle? Please advice if we need to check anything specifically.
Old 12th June 2012, 22:02   #4532
BHPian

Thanks everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
I have noticed this sound during rainy season, but it didn't continue more than day.

If it's stays for 3 weeks, I think you should ask SA to clean the brake pads.
Well I too thought that but we are hardly having any rains here. The SA did get the brake pads cleaned once but still it persists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I have also encountered the faint noise when the brakes are cold just as you have mentioned . Just ensure that the first couple of times you apply the brake you do it in a firm manner which would help get the brakes wamr up and it would go. In my case though the noise is not dependent on the steering wheel being turned .
Yeah have been trying various methods to do a root cause analysis. Its just that neither me nor my driver have changed our driving styles. It happens more just after the cold start coming out of the parking lot or the garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I also encountered this problem. But only after I drove the car in rains the previous day. Don't worry, I have seen a similar problem in Civic as well, Seems like a general feature of the disc brakes :-)
Another TBHPian did point out this problem on his Civic. There are slight undulations on the left disc which I pointed out to the SA. He said that it should not matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
If you release the brakes slowly and and not fully, it always made that grumbling sound. I think its a feature in Ventos.
This sound has started from only the past 3/4 weeks. It might be something to do with the high humidity in my city or the moisture. I have decided to live with it for now and see if it degrades. As long as braking ability doesn't suffer, its not a major issue. Already the engine growl turns some heads in my locality and now this. Doesn't speak too well of German engineering .

Last edited by samarjitdhar : 12th June 2012 at 22:03.
samarjitdhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 23:26   #4533
Senior - BHPian

Last week did detailing on my Pearl Black Vento and now it shines & beads water in the rains like never before. Link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
Is it OK to take delivery of a Feb Manufactured vehicle? Please advice if we need to check anything specifically.
If you do not find any problem with the car, then there is no reason for your BIL to be afraid of. Take with Team-BHP PDi Checklist (Link) and do a through inspection.
Shadow blue color is actually a slow moving color, most preferred being white & silver, even though most bhpians have Shadow Blue color.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 12:30   #4534
Distinguished - BHPian

Vento heads to China!

Quote:
The Vento that heads to China has slightly different headlamps if you compare it to the Indian version. It will be offered with 1.4L and 1.6L petrol engines. It will be manufactured in Chengdu via the FAW-VW joint venture. The company has restricted the production this year but the capacity will be expanded to 270,000 vehicles in 2013.
VW Vento to be launched in China to replace an old Jetta
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 15:18   #4535
BHPian

Anyone knows the cost of a wiper blade? The rubber of mine came off within 1.5 years (I hardly use the wipers). I got it changed for 80 bucks but am curious about OEM cost. (I hope they offer the blade separately and not insist on changing the whole assembly)

BTW The wiper blade is size 16 for vento.
Old 15th June 2012, 15:57   #4536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
Anyone knows the cost of a wiper blade? The rubber of mine came off within 1.5 years (I hardly use the wipers). I got it changed for 80 bucks but am curious about OEM cost. (I hope they offer the blade separately and not insist on changing the whole assembly)

BTW The wiper blade is size 16 for vento.
As per the attached list, it costs Rs 298 and Rs 198 for driver side and passenger side wiper respectively. It is just the blade cost. Though VW might charge you a fat packet to install them!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vento Parts Pricelist0001.pdf (499.9 KB, 1379 views)
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 16:47   #4537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
As per the attached list, it costs Rs 298 and Rs 198 for driver side and passenger side wiper respectively. It is just the blade cost. Though VW might charge you a fat packet to install them!
Thanks!
Adding fuel cost to 200 and potential labor charges, I guess it was worth it to get it done from nearby accessory guy.
Old 16th June 2012, 09:57   #4538
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

My Vento is two weeks old, till now clocked 2k kms. Existing owners please advice me which Diesel to use, till now filled tank thrice, First on BP Normal Diesel then IOC Normal, noticed the difference after switched to IOC don't know whether it's because of Diesel or the engine ran more than 1k kms. Now filled Shell Diesel, Engine become smooth and silent than before.

Also eager to know what Mileage other Vento Owners are getting.

Thanks in Advance,

rashv
Old 16th June 2012, 10:02   #4539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashv
Hi Everyone,

My Vento is two weeks old, till now clocked 2k kms. Existing owners please advice me which Diesel to use, till now filled tank thrice, First on BP Normal Diesel then IOC Normal, noticed the difference after switched to IOC don't know whether it's because of Diesel or the engine ran more than 1k kms. Now filled Shell Diesel, Engine become smooth and silent than before.

Thanks in Advance,

rashv
Don't use super diesel on German cars!!! A strict no. Only normal diesel. Stick to your favorite petrol pump, I always fill it from the pump where I feel the measuring is honest and the guts courteous. But only normal diesel.
Old 16th June 2012, 13:59   #4540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashv View Post

Rashv, first of all congrats on the purchase. Secondly use only normal diesel, and not the one with additives.

Vento TDi can give varies degree of mileage depending on the driving condition. I'm getting around 16 kmpl within city considering I have stopped driving it hard. If you drive sedately around 80 Kmph on highway, you could easily get 20+ Kmpl. If there is chockablock traffic, somewhere around 13-14 Kmpl at the very least.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 12:27   #4541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashv
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in Advance,

rashv
In the city of Bangalore, 13km/l is what I get. Mine must be one of the oldest Vento having got mine in sept 2010
Old 17th June 2012, 19:12   #4542
BHPian

Hey ventopian

I have a very peculiar situation with my vento, since the time I have bought it in oct 2010. After driving the car for about an hour my hip starts aching. If I am on the passenger side I don't face the same problem. I asked the service advisor and he didnt have any answer. I have Stanley seats on my car.
Any advice on what to do as long drives are a problem. I don't face the same problems in my accord or my old Honda city.
Old 17th June 2012, 20:47   #4543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F458 View Post
Hey ventopian

I have a very peculiar situation with my vento, since the time I have bought it in oct 2010. After driving the car for about an hour my hip starts aching. If I am on the passenger side I don't face the same problem. I asked the service advisor and he didnt have any answer. I have Stanley seats on my car.
Any advice on what to do as long drives are a problem. I don't face the same problems in my accord or my old Honda city.
Must be the badly angled hard clutch, only solution i can suggest is to minimize use of clutch and keep your left foot down when cruising.
Old 17th June 2012, 22:32   #4544
BHPian

Hmmm I really think its a seat design issue as on highways my clutch use is quite minimal. I would like to know if we can replace the drivers seat or change the lower half of the seat individually.
I have sat in a Europe spec polo in Cochin and wow what a difference.( a lot of cars had come for servicing when the floating book ship had come ).

As it is vw has tried cutting corners in bringing the price down and the seats seem to have got a step motherly treatment esp the first batch of cars
Old 17th June 2012, 23:50   #4545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F458 View Post
Hmmm I really think its a seat design issue as on highways my clutch use is quite minimal.
Cannot be a seat design issue. I've driven nine hours without a break in this car and my body did not complain. I'd suggest fine-tuning your steering control and seat adjustments. Except lumbar support, the seat can be adjusted pretty well to your liking. Additionally you can buy these lumbar support cushions from stores.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-lumbar_support_cushion_hca_4301.jpg

Quote:
I have sat in a Europe spec polo in Cochin and wow what a difference.
All Euro spec VWs have lumbar support adjustment in their driver-side seats!

Last edited by nileshch : 17th June 2012 at 23:58. Reason: Added image.
nileshch is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks