Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2012, 14:05   #4576
BHPian

Re: Extended warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I also got exact same ones as abhilash. I just compared them with the ones on speed kills' Polo when I met him and yes these are smaller. I have not yet had them touch any speed breaker so far and I've been on many huge breakers (as there are so many here in Bangalore). So yes, these are really good from Volkswagen.
I too confirmed with my SA who said that it is available. I will be getting it done most probably this weekend. Will upload the pictures once it is done.

Quote:
Also I came to know that we can get some kind of engine compartment cover (metal plate?) as tehre is none on my Vento. Does anybody know anything about it ? Volkswagen Whitefield had no idea about this!
A metal plate apart from the damping provided on the TDI versions? Where does it mount? For the TDI versions there is this soft cloth based material to help reduce the noise. Will check on this with my SA this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Even Palace cross folks are shocked and have written to VW about this. They asked me to send them an email on this, which I have done. They are going to forward it to VW and let me know.

Did any of the initial Vento owners in this forum opt for extended warranty?
Maybe a FB post on VW's page will help too. True to VW's style they seem to have forgotten to inform their earliest customers about this business of a one year cut off . Not very unlike VW so might be a good idea to pester them a bit on their FB page and they will probably accommodate you. I too opted for both the extended warranty and road side assistance.
Old 21st June 2012, 14:14   #4577
BHPian

Actually Extended warranty was not available until Oct 2011 when I went for my first service. I'm not sure when it was introduced after that, as I was away overseas.
Old 21st June 2012, 14:29   #4578
BHPian

Quote:
Actually Extended warranty was not available until Oct 2011 when I went for my first service. I'm not sure when it was introduced after that, as I was away overseas.
I haven't done that yet, el lobo 6061 mentioned this earlier to me.
Mine is 1 Yr 3 Months old now, Not sure they will accommodate me or not.

Will check and update here.

evilshantanu: We discussed this today, Could you also check and update?

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 21st June 2012 at 14:32.
Old 21st June 2012, 14:46   #4579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to be a nosey chap but extended warranty was available before then. Got mine in Sept'11, plus the showroom had info on it a few months back during my booking-delivery period (May-Sept).

Anyway, this is just a moot point, so ignore please!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 21st June 2012 at 14:50.
Old 21st June 2012, 14:49   #4580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post

A metal plate apart from the damping provided on the TDI versions? Where does it mount? For the TDI versions there is this soft cloth based material to help reduce the noise. Will check on this with my SA this weekend.
No its not for dampening. I was talking about protection for the engine compartment from flying stones, water etc underneath.

Remember Honda City was also like that earlier. There was no protection underneath. Then Honda added a metal plate there for engine compartment protection.

As far as damping is concered, that special black sheet under the bonnet is there only in the Tdi models. Vento Petrols do not have that :(

Last edited by joslicx : 21st June 2012 at 14:51.
Old 21st June 2012, 15:06   #4581
BHPian

Quote:
No its not for dampening. I was talking about protection for the engine compartment from flying stones, water etc underneath.

Remember Honda City was also like that earlier. There was no protection underneath. Then Honda added a metal plate there for engine compartment protection.
Isn't the Vento's underbody already protected? I thought that was the case including the engine bay. Will have to check again.

Quote:
As far as damping is concered, that special black sheet under the bonnet is there only in the Tdi models. Vento Petrols do not have that :(
Yes I know this was only for the TDI vehicles to reduce the clatter only somewhat. Vento petrols have received a lot of step-motherly treatment.
Old 21st June 2012, 17:54   #4582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar

Yes I know this was only for the TDI vehicles to reduce the clatter only somewhat. Vento petrols have received a lot of step-motherly treatment.
And you know what the worst thing is! It is present there in Skoda Rapid petrols!

Shame on Volkswagen for this kind of pettiness.
Old 22nd June 2012, 10:57   #4583
BHPian

Just got my wheels rotated and balanced, and I saw this (left and right rear suspension arm). Is this a problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20120622-10.50.371.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 22nd June 2012, 15:08   #4584
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Delicious pics

Guys help me with following queries

1. what could be the rim size on this (is this 15 incher) with a wider tyre. are these 205/55s?
2. Amazing rear taillight and antenna! Super head lights
3. Where do i get these number plate frames????

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-volkswagen_polo_sedan_2012_1.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-volkswagen_polo_sedan_2012_2.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-volkswagen_polo_sedan_2012_3.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-volkswagen_polo_sedan_2012_4.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-volkswagen_polo_sedan_2012_9.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-volkswagen_polo_sedan_2012_92.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-volkswagen_polo_sedan_2012_93.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_8012b950x576.jpg  

newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 15:19   #4585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
And you know what the worst thing is! It is present there in Skoda Rapid petrols!

Shame on Volkswagen for this kind of pettiness.
Why do you need this? The petrols are virtually noiseless. It's only at >4000 RPM that you hear some engine noise.
Old 23rd June 2012, 06:58   #4586
Senior - BHPian

Underbody of the vento is well protected. No issues what so ever.

Quote:
Isn't the Vento's underbody already protected? I thought that was the case including the engine bay. Will have to check again.
Can you describe the damage that you see? The second one seems abnormal, but couldnt make out much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Just got my wheels rotated and balanced, and I saw this (left and right rear suspension arm). Is this a problem?
Old 23rd June 2012, 07:27   #4587
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp
From your snap it looks like a sort of metal shear crack?
Worth checking if you ask me!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2012, 07:34   #4588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman
Mine is one of the first few Ventos in Bangalore (Oct 2010) and extended warranty has been introduced quite recently. Even Palace cross folks are shocked and have written to VW about this. They asked me to send them an email on this, which I have done. They are going to forward it to VW and let me know.

Did any of the initial Vento owners in this forum opt for extended warranty?
I am facing the exact same problem and I am in talks with vw as I was not aware about this at all !!
Old 23rd June 2012, 09:17   #4589
BHPian

Where is the Interior Monitoring System in new Vento. Mine is 2012 March manufactured vehicle, I don't see the system near the center mirror and the switch to turn off near the driver seat which was referred in the Manual.

Regards,

rashv
Old 23rd June 2012, 10:05   #4590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashv
Where is the Interior Monitoring System in new Vento. Mine is 2012 March manufactured vehicle, I don't see the system near the center mirror and the switch to turn off near the driver seat which was referred in the Manual.

Regards,

rashv
Hi, internal monitoring system was removed when vento got steering controls and pdc

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks