Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2012, 16:10   #4636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj
Don't want to rock your boat but in a brand new car door can be out of alignment due to two primary reasons
1. The door hinges are bad. Solution : Get the hinges replaced under warranty
2. The car has been shunted and who so ever repaired it did not align the door properly. Solution None really. The dealership will never own up to it. Do get the hinges checked though as they can be expensive to replace.
@khoj
Well the alignment was only towards the lower end of the door. And If there was a shunt I just cannot tell the difference. So hopefully this was just my luck.

Plus all they had to do was readjust the hinges without any major work. It was a 10 min job for them.
So here's keeping my fingers crossed

Sid
Old 1st July 2012, 11:32   #4637
BHPian

Vento latest offer - Kerala

Friends - we are planning to go for a Vento TDI Highline .Could some one please share the latest discounts applicable on the Vento highline models in Kerala.

We are also planing to go for the extended warranty.

Also need to know from where i can source the vento floor mats in and around Kochi/Kottayam and also the approx price for the same.
Old 2nd July 2012, 02:24   #4638
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vento latest offer - Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
We are also planing to go for the extended warranty.
Not aware of the discount, but certainly do purchase the extended warranty which gives a peace of mind for 2 years additional i.e. 2+2 yrs or 1,00,000 Kms whichever is earlier. Always safe to have with German cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Also need to know from where i can source the vento floor mats in and around Kochi/Kottayam and also the approx price for the same.
I would suggest skip the Vento mats sold by VW, instead go with Kagu 3D mats, the original & not the fakes which are available everywhere. Though Kagu 3D mats are costly but they are worth the price, costing approx less than Rs. 5000.
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:22   #4639
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
Water Leak

Guys strange problem in my new vento, today since it has been pouring like crazy in Mumbai, i noticed that the car was leaking water through its rubber beadings. Only the driver door was opened when i was getting in during the downpour. I managed to wipe the beading dry but i could still get a few drops of water coming in. Anyone else faced this issue? It is pouring out there and my 5 day old is standing in the rain all alone?

Plus my ownership thread is up too

Sid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta View Post
Oh man!! Never heard of such an issue before.. VW don't ask me to carry an umbrella while driving..!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
@Siddharth,
I have tested the car in heavy rains - never faced any of this issue. Doubt if any of the others out here have faced this problem. Probably you should run it by the VW workshop.
I faced a similar issue as mentioned by Sid. I was at Kashid this weekend. The car was parked in the open and it rained heavily in the night. When in the morning at about 8-9am I reached out to the car and opened the doors, I found water near the beadings. The water had not entered the cabin though, but I never faced this before with my previous car.

Below are the clicks of all 4 doors, though the sun was shining bright at that time and dont know when the rain stopped but still some water is visible and you can see the patches of the dried up water.

Pls share your inputs on this.

LHS Rear :
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20120701_093328.jpg

Front Co-passenger
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20120701_093342.jpg

Driver's Door
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20120701_093406.jpg

RHS Rear
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20120701_093425.jpg

Regards,
Aniket
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:35   #4640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Its all normal, nothing to worry about. I wash my car once every week and water does accumulate near the beading, but nothing goes inside the cabin, which is more important. All is well.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:50   #4641
BHPian

Quote:
I faced a similar issue as mentioned by Sid. I was at Kashid this weekend. The car was parked in the open and it rained heavily in the night. When in the morning at about 8-9am I reached out to the car and opened the doors, I found water near the beadings. The water had not entered the cabin though, but I never faced this before with my previous car.

Below are the clicks of all 4 doors, though the sun was shining bright at that time and dont know when the rain stopped but still some water is visible and you can see the patches of the dried up water.

LHS Rear :
Attachment 949889

Front Co-passenger
Attachment 949890

Driver's Door
Attachment 949891

RHS Rear
Attachment 949892

Regards,
Aniket
Hi Aniket

Quick question was it raining when you exited the vehicle? if so then it could be possible that water may have been present because of this.

Another theory is if you notice carefully the beading on the doors channels all the water down to the doors where the current water is stagnated. In this case as there is no water in the cabin I think there is no issue.

In my case water as actually trickling in due to lack of door alignment. This was resolved and so far i have not had any water ingress. I doubt you will have 4 misaligned doors. You can always do the hose pipe test to be doubly sure.

Hope this helps

Sid
siddharthdeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:54   #4642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
Hi Aniket

Quick question was it raining when you exited the vehicle?
I was not raining when we stepped out.

With your and el lobo's explanation I am quite relieved now. Thanks.

-Aniket
Old 3rd July 2012, 07:10   #4643
Senior - BHPian

Its common with all vento's. primary reason being the rubber beading is on the inner side and not on the door's frame letting water to seep in.

Quote:

-Aniket
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:36   #4644
BHPian

Quote:

Aniket
hey Aniket, nothing to worry, this is just fine. This is the way it is supposed to be in Vento
Have happened with mine as well.
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:42   #4645
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

-Aniket

This is also seen in the Polo's too, since the beading is placed such no issues at all.

Cheers!
Old 4th July 2012, 16:43   #4646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10

This is also seen in the Polo's too, since the beading is placed such no issues at all.

Cheers!
I see this happening only in my Vento TDI and not my Polo TDI. Also see this more in the rear door channels
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 16:47   #4647
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
I see this happening only in my Vento TDI and not my Polo TDI. Also see this more in the rear door channels
Must be a design issue (maybe).

Btw you have a Vento and a Polo? Wow, that must be a rarity!
Old 4th July 2012, 17:43   #4648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli
Must be a design issue (maybe).

Btw you have a Vento and a Polo? Wow, that must be a rarity!
Plus if there is any water trapped in between the metal door frame and the rubber beading, the excess water tends to come inside till it dries out.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image1857360068.jpg

This drop was seen after I had gotten into the car after heavy rain, but there was no rain when this picture was taken

Sid

Last edited by GTO : 5th July 2012 at 12:48. Reason: As requested
siddharthdeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 00:16   #4649
BHPian

Here is a problem that has always been bugging me -- absence of a stable, sturdy car mount for my smartphone! And I am sure many of you Vento / Polo owners may have the same issue!

The power (or cigarette lighter) socket in the Vento / Polo is positioned between the gear stick and the open storage compartment. This presents a host of problems in using in-car mounts:

1. If you use a device mount that goes directly into the power socket (the ones with the gooseneck), it interferes with the gear changing as well as accessing the storage compartment.
2. This forces you to have a device mount which is either suction based (these fail pretty quickly when your car goes over multiple big potholes or bump or they interfere with the view) or attached to the AC vent flaps (which again are very fragile).
3. Also, since the dashboard does not have a single flat surface, you cannot use adhesive based solutions to permanently fix mounts. And I am wary of drilling holes in the dashboard to fix a mount!

I finally discovered that you can have a mount that fixes securely to the dashboard without needing any of the above mentioned solutions. I got a Brodit Proclip with a smartphone holder designed specifically for the Polo / Vento. You can read about the installation in detail here --

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2829869

Here is how the mount looks like --
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-proclip8.jpg
nileshch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 10:44   #4650
BHPian

When I first start my Vento TDI in the morning, I get a burning smell. This is always in the morning and happens 7/10 times. It goes off in a minute or so. When I park my car at office at about 10am and then again start it in the evening at about 6pm, ie., after a gap of say 8 hours, I do not get this smell. 8 hours is enough to cool the engine but still in the evening start I do not experience this.

My car has done only about 7400kms. So it's no where near to its service schedule.

Any clues, what could be the issue? Has anyone else noticed a similar behaviour?

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari

Most Viewed