Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2012, 00:09   #4696
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Guys,

Today I got my Vento "stitched" at the Palace Cross doctor, as the sump's special cover had come off. Detailed report here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2839763

My question to all: Why would a cover like the one shown in the pic (in my thread) cost 6500+!!! The item is imported, but that doesnt explain why it is so expensive!

BTW, I came to know today from the SA that the cost of VW alloy wheel is INR 21000 as it is imported!
Old 15th July 2012, 07:54   #4697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
Today I got my Vento "stitched" at the Palace Cross doctor, as the sump's special cover had come off. Detailed report here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2839763

My question to all: Why would a cover like the one shown in the pic (in my thread) cost 6500+!!! The item is imported, but that doesnt explain why it is so expensive!
I've seen the fixing of this sump cover in one of my earlier visits to the workshop (for some other car). However, like I see in your photos, I noticed even then that they simply fixed the sump cover back using only cable ties . I wonder if that will take the scraping and battering (from Bangalore's gravel laden roads) that the underbody takes during daily drives.

Did you check if they have a permanent solution or is this good enough?

And yes, the price does seem pretty high!
Old 15th July 2012, 09:02   #4698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I've seen the fixing of this sump cover in one of my earlier visits to the workshop (for some other car). However, like I see in your photos, I noticed even then that they simply fixed the sump cover back using only cable ties . I wonder if that will take the scraping and battering (from Bangalore's gravel laden roads) that the underbody takes during daily drives.

Did you check if they have a permanent solution or is this good enough?

And yes, the price does seem pretty high!
They recommended replacing the cover with a new one. But what if this scraping repeats even on the new 7000/- approx cover!! They couldnt answer to this & hence they did the tying work. I want to try this jugaad for a while to see if it works out. Otherwise, there is no other option but to shell out that money

@Joslicx: Thanks for the info about the sump cover. And after checking with the SA, this cover is only applicable to diesel vehicles & not the petrol ones.

I saw the same cover on a polo too, but it was of course smaller in size & costs 4500/-. But interestingly, in refreshed models of Polo, this whole area covering the sump & engine area from the underneath is further covered by a plastic sheet. This is not the case with Vento
blackdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 11:22   #4699
BHPian

any one availed the Monsoon check up? I need suggestion on vento cover. Any one has a pic. Are there various kind?

Also, any one availed the 10% discount offer on mud flaps/cover?

What are the 8 points check? What is the navigation option in the advt? See here

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-531524_465502223460325_1743477720_n.jpg
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 11:46   #4700
BHPian

Severe rattling from the rear parcel tray on my vento. Opened the boot and pushed it up with my fingers . It seems to be loosely placed there with some foam pieces randomly distributed under it. is it the same on all ventos?
Old 16th July 2012, 11:46   #4701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
any one availed the Monsoon check up? I need suggestion on vento cover.

Currently available only at VW Palace Cross. You could connect to 9901008000 on details of the same.

Cheers!
Old 16th July 2012, 11:51   #4702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Severe rattling from the rear parcel tray on my vento. Opened the boot and pushed it up with my fingers . It seems to be loosely placed there with some foam pieces randomly distributed under it. is it the same on all ventos?
absolutely zero rattling! please get it checked.
Old 16th July 2012, 12:24   #4703
Senior - BHPian

I am getting some minor rattling from the rear seat area. Not sure where exactly it is. That plus the door noise when the car moves around vertically is really annoying.
The blower adjusters near the doors on both sides are now broken and they also make noise in rough roads.
Old 16th July 2012, 12:29   #4704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post

BTW, I came to know today from the SA that the cost of VW alloy wheel is INR 21000 as it is imported!
Until a few days back Nikunj (unitedcustomz) was selling genuine VW alloys (not these castille ones but other designs) for about 25k for a set of 4. I guess we can contact him if needed.

Otherwise whats the point of going for these VW alloys at 21k a piece? Thats plain and simple daylight robbery. Even the best ones in open market dont cost more than 7-8k a piece.
Old 16th July 2012, 13:08   #4705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva
I am getting some minor rattling from the rear seat area. Not sure where exactly it is. That plus the door noise when the car moves around vertically is really annoying.
The blower adjusters near the doors on both sides are now broken and they also make noise in rough roads.
Initially I thought the same that it was the rear seat . Hunted around a bit and found the culprit the loose rear parcel tray bouncing around ever so little and touching the rear glass with each bounce plus touching the metal frame on which I it's placed
Old 16th July 2012, 13:14   #4706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
In continuation to the above post and picture of the damage posted, I noticed another crack in a plastic part near the radiator. It is some kind of a bracket to hold radiator because a similar structure is seen on the RHS as well.

In the picture 1, I have circled that cracked plastic part in red and the second picture has the close up of the same.

Unable to guess what is the another plastic part hanging - circled with green in picture one.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20120716_122430.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20120716_122513.jpg

These brackets can be clearly seen in the first two pictures from @Black Diesel's post below. This is just to give you guys a clear picture of how it looks when intact :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2839763

Currently I am not too keen to get the bumper damage repaired at the moment though I have Zero Dep policy from Tata AIG.

The service advisor at the service center says that the radiator bracket needs to be replaced for which the bumper needs to be pulled out. Now due to the damage on the bumper, it is misaligned and the same bumper cannot be fit again once opened. So, if I go for that bracket replacement I will end up replacing the bumper also. A rough cost estimate for this entire thing has been quoted around 15-20K (around 10K for new bumper with paint charges, ~4K for the bracket and misc) and I will have to bear about 2-3K for processing fees/consumables charges as I have Zero Dep policy.

Moreover, they say that after opening the bumper they would be able to check if anything else is also damaged or not. Hence, the severity of the issues is also not known as even for a casual check the bumper cannot be opened.

So, need to understand from you guys - how serious that bracket damage is? Can I hold on to it for some more time or should get it repaired immediately because if I go for bracket replacement, I will end up in the entire bumper replacement also, which I am trying to avoid at the moment plus my car will be at the service center for 7-10days.

I did check with them on possibility of getting the inspection done and then release the car to me while the bumper and parts are arranged. Once, everything is in place, I can take the car and in one day the entire thing can be fixed. But they said a straight NO to this. They say the vehicle cannot be released as insurance is being claimed. Once the car is in, pre-inspection is done and it will only be released after all repair work is done and a second round of inspection is carried out before releasing the car.

Please advise how should I go about this.

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 16th July 2012 at 13:23. Reason: Added a reference link. Typo correction.
Old 16th July 2012, 20:28   #4707
BHPian

Thinking of going in for this emblem - GTI Front Grill Emblem POLO VW Black Limited Edition | eBay to add a personal touch to my Vento - anyone has added it? Any comments on the idea? Along side ordering the stubby and the tyre valves.
Old 17th July 2012, 00:06   #4708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I too have a strange, but minor issue. I hear a mild rattling; rather vibrating sound while driving on rough roads (like rocky, raw roads). I explained it to the SA & went for a test drive with him, to my bad luck, there were no bad roads near Palace Cross ;P to feel it. But I still have some minor noise sometimes. Is there any way to find the root cause?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
any one availed the Monsoon check up? I need suggestion on vento cover. Any one has a pic. Are there various kind?

Also, any one availed the 10% discount offer on mud flaps/cover?

What are the 8 points check? What is the navigation option in the advt?
My Vento went through this monsoon checkup while I was at Palace Cross (rather coincidentally). I also got the mud flaps for ₹1000 after discount of 10%. However, there was no discount for the steppers which cost me around ₹850.

They check "monsoon" related parts, like wiper settings, windshield sprayer, A/C filter, brake, lamp & few other stuff.

As for the cover, the SA said there is 10% discount, but I didnt ask the price as I wasnt interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
In continuation to the above post and picture of the damage posted, I noticed another crack in a plastic part near the radiator. It is some kind of a bracket to hold radiator because a similar structure is seen on the RHS as well.
I was checking with the palace cross SA during my visit about this zero-dep insurance as I too have it with Bajaj. The thing is that, though everything is paid by the insurance company, we will have to shell out charge ₹1400 (fixed amount for Vento & 700 for Polo) as "policy excess" & for the consumables.

I suggest you take a second opinion from another SA before taking a call. If you want to speak to Bangalore VW guys, let me know.

And of course you would know, that your NCB will cease for the coming year once you claim now (if not claimed so far), which is another loss.

Last edited by GTO : 18th July 2012 at 17:04. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
blackdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 07:10   #4709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Thinking of going in for this emblem - GTI Front Grill Emblem POLO VW Black Limited Edition | eBay to add a personal touch to my Vento - anyone has added it? Any comments on the idea? Along side ordering the stubby and the tyre valves.
Fellow TBHP member "speed kills" has done this mod to his Polo. You can visit his thread for more details.
Old 17th July 2012, 07:31   #4710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Fellow TBHP member "speed kills" has done this mod to his Polo. You can visit his thread for more details.
Thanks but he has put a Honeycomb grill, where as I have just ordered the embelem, which is a screw in. Hopefully it fill look good.

So first 3 "mods"for my Silver Surfer have been ordered

Most Viewed