Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2012, 15:38   #4831
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Ventophiles

I am trying to find the best quote for renewing my insurance. I have put up a post here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2859563. Appreciate a lot if you could please share your views.

Regards

Last edited by samarjitdhar : 2nd August 2012 at 15:40.
Old 3rd August 2012, 13:06   #4832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

Do not use instant mileage, there is one which gives proper FE reading after every 5 min or so. But I did take it with a pinch of salt and only believe in FE calculated via tank to tank method.

Earlier I used to keep the FE on MiD to keep looking at it how the mileage goes by throughout the 30 km journey which was a huge distraction. Now I have put Outside Temperature on MiD which gives outside temperature display and doesn't distract me from driving. At the end of journey I just toggle to see the FE which shows 19+ Kmpl in morning and 17+ in evening. I drive very sedately throughout since speeding makes me reach my destination by just 2-3 minutes early.

Sorry to hear about. Insurance will cover the damages be it comprehensive or zero dep. Whenever an accident occurs always take pics of car which may help in claim processing.

Vento front windshield costs Rs. 4512 and part number 6RG845011A NVB.

27K is a good figure considering Vento TDi's 250NM torque makes us go way faster then we do normally.
Some nice news after the bad news.
What I noticed is that the instant mileage is affecting the average mileage as well. Ever since I got this issue, the overall mileage reading doesn't seem to be right. Though the fuel guage is working fine.

17kmpl - 19kmpl is amazing, I used to get that when the car was new !!
Old 3rd August 2012, 13:43   #4833
BHPian

Guys,

got access to erwin for 1 hour. downloaded lot of stuff. Compared my car (diesel 2012 HL made 30/03/2012) with a (petrol 2010 HL made 30/10/2010). Here are some of the differences

1. Disk Brakes description
2012: Disc brakes, front
2010: Disc brakes, front (Geomet D)

2. Noise Suppression
2012:Special interior noise suppression
2010:Without additional noise suppression measures for passenger compartment

3. Security
2012:Electronic vehicle immobilization device
2010:Electronic vehicle immobilization devicewith alarm system, passenger
compartmentcontrol and backup horn

4. PDC
2012: With Park distance control
2010: Without park distance control
5. Radio
2012:Radio "RCD310 MP3"
2010:Ultralow radio China
6. Antenna
2012:Antenna for AM/FM reception, "diversity"
2010:Antenna for AM/FM reception.
7. Suspension
2012:Suspension range 54 installation control only, no requirement forecast
2010: Suspension range 40 installation control only
8. Seat
2012:Leatherette seat covering
2010:Fabric seat covering
9. Interface
2012:Electric interface for external use (MDI)
2010:Without electric interface

Let me know if you guys want pdfs.

Last edited by newtonMeter : 3rd August 2012 at 13:46.
newtonMeter is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 13:56   #4834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Ventophiles

I am trying to find the best quote for renewing my insurance. I have put up a post here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2859563. Appreciate a lot if you could please share your views.

Regards
Go for Bajaj Allianz. Though my experience for a big claim with them wasnt very pleasant, but the reason I am recommending them to you is:

In case of an insurance claim, you will get your car to some service center, and might be parked for some days before the approval of the claim is done, now that service center should be partners of the insurance company your car is insured on. Otherwise the service center guys create a chaos of paying the parking fee of Rs 100/ per day and also some service centers might ask you to pay Rs 6,500/- for initial estimation of the damage.

Since Bajaj Allianz is the preferred partner for VW you will be shielded from all this chaos, I am sure with a lot of logical reasoning etc one can still get a waiver of the parking charges and estimation cost, but from my personal experience, god forbid if somebody is involved in such an incident, one doesnt have the energy / time and priority to fight on unnecessary matters like this.
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 14:08   #4835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Go for Bajaj Allianz. Though my experience for a big claim with them wasnt very pleasant, but the reason I am recommending them to you is:

In case of an insurance claim, you will get your car to some service center, and might be parked for some days before the approval of the claim is done, now that service center should be partners of the insurance company your car is insured on. Otherwise the service center guys create a chaos of paying the parking fee of Rs 100/ per day and also some service centers might ask you to pay Rs 6,500/- for initial estimation of the damage.

Since Bajaj Allianz is the preferred partner for VW you will be shielded from all this chaos, I am sure with a lot of logical reasoning etc one can still get a waiver of the parking charges and estimation cost, but from my personal experience, god forbid if somebody is involved in such an incident, one doesnt have the energy / time and priority to fight on unnecessary matters like this.
Thanks Shantanu. I am going to check with my service center also. Its going to be either Tata AIG or Bajaj provided I can push Bajaj for some further discounts. I am not hearing good experiences with Bajaj though from others. Will take a call next week.
Old 3rd August 2012, 18:07   #4836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Let me know if you guys want pdfs....
Thank you very much!!
I was interested in the suspension difference. Could you please help me out? yes please pdfs would be helpful
Old 3rd August 2012, 18:37   #4837
BHPian

Might be off topic : Check the Rapid Elegance Data in attachment at Link - Same Noise suppression(3W3) & Suspension(L54) details

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
2. Noise Suppression
2012:Special interior noise suppression
2010:Without additional noise suppression measures for passenger compartment

7. Suspension
2012:Suspension range 54 installation control only, no requirement forecast
2010: Suspension range 40 installation control only
Aren't these the 2 factors that gave the Rapid any technical edge(for Indian highway conditions) it had on the Vento ?(other than the subjective looks of course)

@newtonMeter: Would love to have a copy of the pdf for your Vento.

EDIT: Yippie ! - This is my 100th post on TBHP !

Last edited by DieselDon : 3rd August 2012 at 18:43.
DieselDon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 23:55   #4838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
Might be off topic : Check the Rapid Elegance Data in attachment at Link - Same Noise suppression(3W3) & Suspension(L54) details

Aren't these the 2 factors that gave the Rapid any technical edge(for Indian highway conditions) it had on the Vento ?(other than the subjective looks of course)

@newtonMeter: Would love to have a copy of the pdf for your Vento.

EDIT: Yippie ! - This is my 100th post on TBHP !
First up congrats on your 100th post and a good post at that too . I guess one needs to add a bit of 'normalisation' to any reviews specifically when there are subjective comments which tries to pinpoint very fine differences like the ones between Vento and Rapid . Like for example if someone says that Vento's TDi is noisier than Verna's CRDI then one has to fully agree the difference is so stark but when someone says Rapid handles better then Vento or has less NVH with essentially the same setup I am pretty skeptical especially coming from folks like us who are neither test drivers or drive automobiles for a living !
Old 4th August 2012, 00:32   #4839
Senior - BHPian

A photo shoot of my now 2 weeks old Vento TDI was long overdue, also i have a friend who recently bought the Rapid TDI in march and has done 3000 kms so far. Invited him for a early morning drive and also managed to get some good pictures after the rain subsided.

I have been regularly sitting in the Rapid, have driven it as well for quite a good distance and i would add my comments below regarding the handling or the much debated NVH levels of both the cars - for now adding some pics of my T beige beauty and my friends C Beige Rapid

I have upsized my tyres to 195/60 Bridgestone MY 01 and Rapid is running on Michelin XM1+.

Disclaimer - I havent masked the plates as neither i nor my friend has any issue in it.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_2451-copyteam-bhp.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_2452-copyteam-bhp.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_2458-copyteam-bhp.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_2476-copyteam-bhp.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_2478-copyteam-bhp.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_2488-copyteam-bhp.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Like for example if someone says that Vento's TDi is noisier than Verna's CRDI then one has to fully agree the difference is so stark but when someone says Rapid handles better then Vento or has less NVH with essentially the same setup I am pretty skeptical especially coming from folks like us who are neither test drivers or drive automobiles for a living !
I wouldnt want to make this a Vento v/s Rapid thread or start brand wars but whatever experience i have had with all 3 cars is what i will state below.

Sourav has a very valid point, just before driving the Vento/Rapid today i had a friend who got his Verna yesterday and the NHV and engine refinement is miles ahead of VW TDI engines, its just so silent, anyone can make that out.

As for the Vento/Rapid - this is a very much debatable topic. My friend and i exchanged rides for a few kms and i have been sitting in and driving his car from past 4 months now. Coming from Rapid's team bhp review - it stated that there was a vast difference between Vento and Rapid's NVH levels - infact when i TD the 2012 Vento, i was surprised, not doubting the review, team bhp does the best car reviews but seems post refresh whatever improvements the Rapid has in NVH have been carried forward to Vento as well, the technical proof has also been posted above.

The engine sound inside the cabin is almost same, i still feel Vento is say 10-15% more noisier or less refined than Rapid but maybe thats because mine is 800 kms old and the rapid has done 3000+. There isnt any drastic difference to be a deal breaker for anyone, the sound inside cabin is really low.

We were infact going for rapid as vento was 60-70k more expensive and i didnt see why i should be paying that for parking sensors, steering controls, or VW badge but post discounts - rapid and vento had 20k difference on road and for that you get - better interiors, interior light ambience (some like the green, i didnt - personal choice), better music system, leatherrate upholstery, parking sensors and steering controls along with VW badge, that really tilted the decision in favour of vento as it looked VFM at that price. I had no qualms in going for a Skoda, they are really improving now but dad preffered VW to Skoda.

What is indeed irritating with Vento is "THUD" sound from rear suspension, its much more prominent in Vento, if say Rapid makes thud 2 times out of 10, Vento will do the same atleast 5 times out of 10

Last edited by coolboy007 : 4th August 2012 at 00:35.
coolboy007 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th August 2012, 06:38   #4840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I have been regularly sitting in the Rapid, have driven it as well for quite a good distance and i would add my comments below regarding the handling or the much debated NVH levels of both the cars - for now adding some pics of my T beige beauty and my friends C Beige Rapid
I appreciate your short comparison and the side by side snaps. Vento vs Rapid is a thought that goes through most buyers of either of these cars. So, it is only good that a comparison can make the choice a better one. Moreover, I have always felt that if we do back to back test drives over a bit of distance, it is way easier for the us to pick out the differences. This is especially right when you have done a lot in the first car and you switch over to the second, the differences will stare at you.

Apart from the thud, how do you differentiate the handling? I guess handling was always a debated difference.

Last edited by thoma : 4th August 2012 at 06:40.
Old 4th August 2012, 09:42   #4841
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
Actually, where is the technical edge here? The said two parameters are already upgraded in the 2012 Vento. When they launched the Rapid, it’s natural to fix/upgrade some of the stuff from the Vento, which was launched a year before. And VW did the right thing by adding those upgrades (and a bit more) in the 2012 iteration of the Vento.
Old 4th August 2012, 12:50   #4842
BHPian

I hear a faint whistling/humming noise when the car's doing 1800 rpm to 2000 rpm in the third and fourth gears. I have got my clutch hose replaced under warranty @ 7500 kilometres. The car is due for its 15000 kilometre service in 500 kilometres.
I run 205/55 R 15 Michelin PP2s.
The sound is not heard when I disengage the gear when in motion and rev the engine to the same rpm, I did this to check if the noise was from the wheel bearings. No sound at higher rpms.
What could it be? Wheel bearings or the turbocharger?
Old 4th August 2012, 13:09   #4843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid
I hear a faint whistling/humming noise when the car's doing 1800 rpm to 2000 rpm in the third and fourth gears. I have got my clutch hose replaced under warranty @ 7500 kilometres. The car is due for its 15000 kilometre service in 500 kilometres.
I run 205/55 R 15 Michelin PP2s.
The sound is not heard when I disengage the gear when in motion and rev the engine to the same rpm, I did this to check if the noise was from the wheel bearings. No sound at higher rpms.
What could it be? Wheel bearings or the turbocharger?
That my friend could be the sweet sound of turbo charging!
Old 4th August 2012, 13:19   #4844
Distinguished - BHPian

Am told that VW is carrying out a minor refresh of the Vento AT. Does anyone know what it entails, and when deliveries will start again?
Old 4th August 2012, 13:35   #4845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Am told that VW is carrying out a minor refresh of the Vento AT. Does anyone know what it entails, and when deliveries will start again?
any chance of a AT diesel? i am not sure if they will use the 6 speed DSG?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks