Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2012, 14:02   #4846
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter

any chance of a AT diesel? i am not sure if they will use the 6 speed DSG?
I have my cheque ready if they plonk in the DSG box in Vento/Rapid TDI but the chances of DSG or even Diesel AT are very low, not that they do not want to offer but they do not have a gearbox for the job. The existing DSG will be too expensive.

They should also consider the TSI engines for these smaller cars, no harm even in the guise of sport variants at a higher cost.
.anshuman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2012, 15:12   #4847
Distinguished - BHPian

At least from what the dealer told me, there is no near term plan for changes in the engine or for a diesel AT. Minor tweaks to interiors and a minor price change is what they expect.
Old 4th August 2012, 15:17   #4848
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
At least from what the dealer told me, there is no near term plan for changes in the engine or for a diesel AT. Minor tweaks to interiors and a minor price change is what they expect.
Hold on. Hasnt it already happened? I have a 2012 Vento AT and it has all the features as in Tdi save the leatherette seats. There was a price increase of about 60k over 2011 models already this year.

So maybe they might include the leatherette seats in AT as well. There was a price increase of about 10k when that happened in Tdi. So you can expect that for AT as well.
Old 4th August 2012, 15:34   #4849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx

Hold on. Hasnt it already happened? I have a 2012 Vento AT and it has all the features as in Tdi save the leatherette seats. There was a price increase of about 60k over 2011 models already this year.

So maybe they might include the leatherette seats in AT as well.
I had been given a spec sheet with leatherette seats in the AT. But that version is completely out of stock. The changes are reportedly over and above those already carried out, but it is unclear what they will be.
Old 6th August 2012, 07:29   #4850
Senior - BHPian

Vento will now come with blackened headlights, like the one in this picture -

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-volkswagenpolopicture.jpg

I saw one in person at the VW downtown showroom in Mumbai and it looks cool.
raj_5004 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 08:16   #4851
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Vento will now come with blackened headlights, like the one in this picture -

I saw one in person at the VW downtown showroom in Mumbai and it looks cool.
Oh wow! Probably this is one car which has received so many updates (4th?) in such a short duration.
Continuous improvement is not bad, but these short intervals may leave a bad taste for the existing owners, especially for those who purchased the car recently.
Old 6th August 2012, 09:05   #4852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Continuous improvement is not bad, but these short intervals may leave a bad taste for the existing owners, especially for those who purchased the car recently.
actually I welcome this as it means we can get genuine OEM replacement available for our cars. So far the option was to disassemble the headlight assembly and get it done outside. But that was not fool-proof.

The only problem I can see is VW asking a bomb for it.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 09:17   #4853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
A photo shoot of my now 2 weeks old Vento TDI was long overdue, also i have a friend who recently bought the Rapid TDI in march and has done 3000 kms so far.
Those photos, coolboy007, were thousands of words really. I think they are better than the "official reviews." Great pictures. Great angles. Any prospective buyer will know exactly which car to choose, from a purely visual standpoint, by looking at these pictures. I think there should be 2 thanks buttons for this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
The engine sound inside the cabin is almost same, i still feel Vento is say 10-15% more noisier or less refined than Rapid but maybe thats because mine is 800 kms old and the rapid has done 3000+. There isnt any drastic difference to be a deal breaker for anyone, the sound inside cabin is really low.
I agree with you a lot here. I test drove both, not back to back, but on consecutive days actually found the Vento to be less nosier! Plus the Vento looks better appointed from the inside. On the outside, the Rapid is more flashy than the Vento, which is understated. Makes that a difficult choice actually (head vs heart). I kind of liked the Vento in Blue (available only in the top model). What kind of discounts are on offer for the Vento at the moment? I also liked the Rapid in White and in the beige (I prefer calling that steel grey).

Last edited by johy : 6th August 2012 at 09:18.
Old 6th August 2012, 10:55   #4854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Thank you very much!!
I was interested in the suspension difference. Could you please help me out? yes please pdfs would be helpful
hi mikon and others

the PDFs are now updated here
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vehicle-specific_information40970.pdf (236.5 KB, 723 views)
File Type: pdf Vehicle-specific_information40972.pdf (235.4 KB, 525 views)

Last edited by newtonMeter : 6th August 2012 at 10:58.
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 11:05   #4855
BHPian

fellow Ventopians

need following information

Gear wise RPM (2000) to Speed figures

GEAR--RPM--Speed
1--2000--??
2--2000--??
3--2000--??
4--2000--??
5--2000--??

Please use the digital speedometer (instead of Manual) for consistency and to avoid human errors (its safer to read too)

REASON:
Lot of times one feels that on some days the TDi is more lethargic than other super boost days. This could be total placebo. To make sure the ECU-engine is reposnding accurately, such data would be useful. And once we get lot of data on the same we can have comparisons on type of tunes other ventos are having.

PS: Please obtain these figures when on open roads! Please ensure safety for yourself, car and the others.
Old 6th August 2012, 11:08   #4856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh wow! Probably this is one car which has received so many updates (4th?) in such a short duration.
I think the updates have not been really earth shattering and the incremental improvements are always welcome - thats my perspective as an owner of the first "version" vento tdi . I guess the improvements in clutch hose pipe, engine mounts, etc have been passed onto the existing owners under warranty which is great . The steering wheel mounted audio controls are the only thing that can't be done on a plug and play basis for the existing owners .
Stuff like faux leather seats, reversing camera do not make so much of a difference given that the first generation Vento cars were at least a lakh cheaper than the present generation - it even helps me forget the disappointment of the stone age HU of the first generation vis-a-vis the present one.
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 11:55   #4857
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Vento will now come with blackened headlights, I saw one in person at the VW downtown showroom in Mumbai and it looks cool.
Raj, Looks mean!

Any further details like launch date or additional features, higher peicing etc? Will Polo also adopt the same changes?
Old 6th August 2012, 11:58   #4858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I think the updates have not been really earth shattering and the incremental improvements are always welcome - thats my perspective as an owner of the first "version" vento tdi
+1 to this.

Quote:
I believe the only two really worth-while upgrade aspects have been the usb-option and the suspension change-over. Both of which aren't a deal-breaker for existing pre-refreshed Vento owners. Honestly most of the changes have been cosmetic or minor, however the subsequent price increases haven't really helped the cause.
Old 6th August 2012, 12:00   #4859
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I think the updates have not been really earth shattering and the incremental improvements are always welcome - thats my perspective as an owner of the first "version" vento tdi . I guess the improvements in clutch hose pipe, engine mounts, etc have been passed onto the existing owners under warranty which is great . The steering wheel mounted audio controls are the only thing that can't be done on a plug and play basis for the existing owners .
Stuff like faux leather seats, reversing camera do not make so much of a difference given that the first generation Vento cars were at least a lakh cheaper than the present generation - it even helps me forget the disappointment of the stone age HU of the first generation vis-a-vis the present one.
Well yes, that’s why I mentioned that continuous improvement is not a bad thing. And as you mentioned, the price is also proportionally going up with these updates.

Even though, many of the upgrades are cosmetic, at least now the Vento has the equipment-list to support the premium over the Rapid. And also, the car now looks much more appealing for those who would like to keep their car in stock form.
Old 6th August 2012, 15:42   #4860
BHPian

Inquired about the updated Vento at Navi Mumbai. They dont have any info on it as of yet. Surprising, considering that its already on-display in downtown showroom.
AnniHilat0R is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks