Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2012, 22:45   #4996
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

So much happened within a span of 10 days while I was travelling. Vento getting another refresh, woah. No other car would have so many refresh at the same rate as Vento. Great going by VW, customer centric approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I will be trying other channels (agents) / insurance companies, however would like to know what range should I be expecting. Any suggestions/inputs are welcome.
Shop around and place insurance agent against each other for better quotes. I have Bharti AXA Zero Dep policy for my Vento TDi HL for Rs. 20500(20% NCB included) and Bharti AXA has tie up VW workshop, so no hassle during claim. Quite cheap for Zero dep I must say.
Old 26th August 2012, 23:08   #4997
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody heard of Landmark Insurance Brokers? VW seems to have a tie-up with them - so far I have got my best quote from them, having been approached by them out of the blue. Interesting - only question that was asked of me is what model do I have, the final quote has all the information, which clearly has been obtained from a credible source, here the source being VW. I'm sure about this, because a friend & Vento owner in Mumbai got his insurance renewed from these guys, again directly approached by the agency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Shop around and place insurance agent against each other for better quotes. I have Bharti AXA Zero Dep policy for my Vento TDi HL for Rs. 20500(20% NCB included) and Bharti AXA has tie up VW workshop, so no hassle during claim. Quite cheap for Zero dep I must say.
Bharti AXA seems to be very aggressive - the best quotes are from BA only. So far I have got a quote for 23.8k (including zero depreciation). What's the feedback on BA? Did a search on the insurance thread, couldn't really get a proper feedback. General idea is Tata & Bharti are the best, rest more or less have a mixed/neutral feedback.
Old 27th August 2012, 09:44   #4998
BHPian

I Was at VW Thane this weekend to look at the Highline Diesel. TD of 2012 model was wonderful. Engine noise seems well controlled now with the insulation cladding underneath the bonnet. Gear shift was not as smooth/slick as the petrol vento. It took a little while for the ACC to cool the cabin as the TD car had been parked under the hot afternoon sun. Did a good two / three rounds of Ghodbunder road stretch. I was impressed with the car in general. Leatherette seats seemed good. ICE was ok.

Specifically asked the SA of the new refresh which has been heard around. He categorically denied any updates/refreshes coming on the Vento but he said that the updates are on new polo. I mentioned about the Highline plus but he also denied any knowledge of that.

I am being offered free insurance + corp discount + sunfilms + floor mats + mud flaps at 11.66L. Two concerns here -
1. The impending price hike of 1-3%
2. Re-Re-Refreshed vento features.

My heart says wait for the refreshed (if there is one) but head says go with the current offer and get the car before the hike.
Should I strike the blow or wait?

Last edited by surd_biker : 27th August 2012 at 09:54.
Old 27th August 2012, 11:26   #4999
BHPian

I purchased the Vento about a month back and mine has the ACC, Leatherette (by the way what is leatherette, is it synthetic lether? ) seats and the Steering mounted audio etc.

Oon road it was 12 L .

I am not kicking my self for not waiting as I like the car with all these extra features. I understand that the new refresh will not have these features. So if you want these features as company fitted with warranty, buy it now, if not wait.

But as we all know , buying NOW feels much better than wait and watch
Old 27th August 2012, 11:56   #5000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Hey guys,
I will be trying other channels (agents) / insurance companies, however would like to know what range should I be expecting. Any suggestions/inputs are welcome.
I paid ₹26149/- to BajajAllianz for 2nd year insurance (my Vento HL TDi was purchased in Apr 2011). See the breakup in the pic.
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-2nd-yr-ins.jpg

Last edited by blackdiesel : 27th August 2012 at 11:57.
blackdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 12:06   #5001
BHPian

Guys, any idea if VW have plans for launching the vento with the 1.4 TSi motor? I really like the car but my father plans to change his car sometime next year. By that time the higher excise duty on diesel cars will probably be in place. So that will put diesel out of the question [our running is roughly 800kms a months]. Also, not that many people are impressed with the petrol 1.6 of the vento. I do not like the interiors of the city and my father doesn't want to put down 10lakhs for the fear of lack of parts.
Old 27th August 2012, 12:39   #5002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
I understand that the new refresh will not have these features. So if you want these features as company fitted with warranty, buy it now, if not wait.
Just got off the phone with VW Mumbai west SA. He confirmed the bridge model but it will not have steering mounted controls, leatherette seats, alloy wheels. The Highline will be bridge + these additions.

Quote:
mine has the ACC, Leatherette (by the way what is leatherette, is it synthetic lether? )
Leatherette is a form of artificial leather, usually made by covering a fabric base with plastic. The fabric can be made of a natural or a synthetic fibre which is then covered with a soft PVC layer.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_leather

Quote:
But as we all know , buying NOW feels much better than wait and watch
+1 and I can save on the price hike.

Last edited by surd_biker : 27th August 2012 at 12:55.
Old 27th August 2012, 13:59   #5003
BHPian

guys, did you notice? this forum just crossed the mark of 5000 posts!!

I just checked: GTO's first post was on 15th Aug 2010 & here we are exactly two years (plus 12 days that is) from the first post.
Old 27th August 2012, 14:46   #5004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Guys, any idea if VW have plans for launching the vento with the 1.4 TSi motor? I really like the car but my father plans to change his car sometime next year. By that time the higher excise duty on diesel cars will probably be in place. So that will put diesel out of the question [our running is roughly 800kms a months]. Also, not that many people are impressed with the petrol 1.6 of the vento. I do not like the interiors of the city and my father doesn't want to put down 10lakhs for the fear of lack of parts.
You're talking about the fear of lack of parts for the city or the vento?
Old 27th August 2012, 15:37   #5005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
I dont think VW has any plans of launching a TSI in Vento, atleast my birdie in the R&D of VW India doesnt know about it.
Old 27th August 2012, 15:52   #5006

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu

I dont think VW has any plans of launching a TSI in Vento, atleast my birdie in the R&D of VW India doesnt know about it.
Hi Shantanu, does your birdie know anything about VW plans on launching TDI woth auto Tanny? Thanks.

Last edited by carzzombie : 27th August 2012 at 16:17.
Old 27th August 2012, 16:04   #5007

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
Just got off the phone with VW Mumbai west SA. He confirmed the bridge model but it will not have steering mounted controls, leatherette seats, alloy wheels. The Highline will be bridge + these additions.
I booked the bridge model and the one I've booked has Alloy wheels as well. I have seen the car as well with the dealer in his stock yard. Without the alloy wheels this model is not worth the price we are paying. (ex-show room price is around 90K higher than the comfortline model and the additional price is not worth the additional features from comfortline model)

As per VW alloy wheels cost 25K per piece (1L for all 4 wheels) and thus the difference between bridge and current highline (50K higher ex-show room) is also not viable for VW.

I confirmed with my sales exec just now. In my opinion the sales exec you spoke to either does not have the stock with him or he has not closely seen the piece. I would suggest you to recheck once. The only deletions from the current highline is only leatherette seat covers and steering mounted audio controls.

Regards
Sreekanth
akula.sreekanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 16:50   #5008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akula.sreekanth View Post
I have seen the car as well with the dealer in his stock yard.
Thanks. Since you've seen the car, does it have blackened headlamps? Are the alloy wheels new or the same current ones? Which ICE does it have ?
Old 27th August 2012, 17:08   #5009

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
Thanks. Since you've seen the car, does it have blackened headlamps? Are the alloy wheels new or the same current ones? Which ICE does it have ?
The model I have seen is Highline Bridge Model. This model has everything the current Highline has (RCD 310 ICE, USB Aux port in the glove box, reverse parking assist, Alloy wheels, ABS, Airbags) except the steering mounted audio controls and the leatherette seat covers.

Blackened headlamps are not there in this model. The rumour (as I read from this thread) is that the new highline model (would be mostly called Highline+) will have blackened headlamps and something additional (I don't recollect).

Highline bridge = Current Highline - (leatherette seat covers + steering mounted audio controls)

Highline Bridge model ex-showroom (Bangalore) = 9,86,944
Highline ex-showroom (Bangalore) = 10,38,307
Difference = 51,363
Difference in on-road = 96,000 (due to higher Road taxes in Bangalore for cars with ex-showroom price higher than 10L, difference is sizeable amount. might not be the same in other cities)

Leatherette seat covers should not cost more than 20K after market for best of the best brands. (my opinion. didn't check with any dealers). so it boils down to whether you are ready to pay approximately 75K more for steering mounted audio controls or not. I'm not willing to pay that much.

Regards
Sreekanth
akula.sreekanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 17:21   #5010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akula.sreekanth View Post
I booked the bridge model
Hi Sreekanth,

Congrats on your booking ! As regards your decision, it cannot go wrong. The features in discussion are pretty much add-ons (IMHO), except the OEM Alloy Wheels.

I am sure you are have been convinced of the features you are expecting on your car. Do you have dependable brochure/email/paper/material information from the dealer/VW on the specifications of the model (re-refreshed/re-re-refreshed) you booked ? This would greatly benefit all who are seeking information about the same.

There seem to be several versions of the current refresh.

PS: When I visited one of the showrooms a month or two ago, they had a display car that had Nippon Stereo & a different looking seat fabric. On inquiry they mentioned that they had done the same at the showroom. Now with the different versions of the refresh doing the rounds, Is it possible that VW has empowered the dealers to install either after-market/OEM accessories to instill some interest in customers (considering the perceived lower sales of late) ?
Just a wild disturbing thought. My advance apologies to those who can get hurt with my views. IMHO: I would go with the specs as in VW.com / printed brochures at the dealer.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks