Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2012, 23:57   #5011
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBhadwar View Post
You're talking about the fear of lack of parts for the city or the vento?
Oops. I meant to say that my father doesn't want to put down 10lakhs on a Linea T-Jet, cause we fear the lack of parts.
Old 28th August 2012, 12:32   #5012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
Just a wild disturbing thought. My advance apologies to those who can get hurt with my views. IMHO: I would go with the specs as in VW.com / printed brochures at the dealer.

Cheers,
Agree but VW is notorious about variance of data between brochure and reality . As an relatively early Vento buyer I am still unhappy that we were given a manual which is not fully adapted to the Indian version !
I don't know whether the dealership experience has improved but around 12-18 months back we had a separate thread to take out our frustration on the VW buying experience
Old 28th August 2012, 14:19   #5013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Agree but VW is notorious about variance of data between brochure and reality . As an relatively early Vento buyer I am still unhappy that we were given a manual which is not fully adapted to the Indian version !
I don't know whether the dealership experience has improved but around 12-18 months back we had a separate thread to take out our frustration on the VW buying experience
agree with this. We were told that the Vento has a seat belt warning system which gets activated at 10 km/hr. Later on we found out that the Indian Version doesnt have that thing
Old 28th August 2012, 15:51   #5014
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Actually the manual says the seatbelt warning activates at 25 kmph .

It's the most annoying thing in the world that a car like the Vento doesn't have this important feature that even my 6-year old Swift mid-variant has. My family and I are regular seatbelt-wearers but occasionally someone else sits in the passenger seat and it's very disconcerting to find out, after picking up a fair clip, that they've omitted to belt up! A warning would have helped a lot. Especially considering this car has excellent warning beeps for exceeding self-imposed speed limit, driving with the handbrake even partially on, etc.
Old 28th August 2012, 16:50   #5015
Senior - BHPian

Vento owners who bought extended warranty, i have a question.

How much time did it take for you to receive your extended warranty? Its been 5 weeks since i purchase my car and just gave a call to sales guy yesterday, he says there isnt any booklet or anything (received a extended warranty booklet stating what all covered/not covered with Linea), i will get just a simple printout which will state i bought extended warranty. Is it true or the guy is fumbling?

On the "thud" from rear suspension, reduced rear tyre pressures to 30 psi but still this unnerving sound comes once in a while, have to learn to live with it.
Old 28th August 2012, 16:59   #5016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

How much time did it take for you to receive your extended warranty? Its been 5 weeks since i purchase my car and just gave a call to sales guy yesterday, he says there isnt any booklet or anything (received a extended warranty booklet stating what all covered/not covered with Linea), i will get just a simple printout which will state i bought extended warranty. Is it true or the guy is fumbling?

On the "thud" from rear suspension, reduced rear tyre pressures to 30 psi but still this unnerving sound comes once in a while, have to learn to live with it.
got mine within a week. I doubt if they even have one specifically printed for Vento though.
mine reads polo. Spoke to them and they say not to worry, we have the right vehicle mentioned in our system!
MindSpeeDs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 17:10   #5017
BHPian

Quote:
Actually the manual says the seatbelt warning activates at 25 kmph .

Especially considering this car has excellent warning beeps for exceeding self-imposed speed limit, driving with the handbrake even partially on, etc.
Perhaps they printed the manual before building the car

There was a time when cars were seen in India without seatbelts back in the old days. Then, there were cars that haven't got a 120 km/hr beeper. It takes government regulations to even prevent vehicle manufacturers from cost cuts by providing only one reverse indicator at the tail end.

What the manufacturers do not consider is the amount they would make in spares if they did provide a fully 'functional' vehicle.
Old 28th August 2012, 17:10   #5018
BHPian

Quote:

I received my extended warranty certificate almost after 1.5 months. The dealer (VW Frontier - Gurgaon) said that VW's online system to generate extended warranty certificate is very slow and it accepts requests in batches hence the delay, though i don't believe him. As far as i remember, i was provided with a letter containing the vehicle and extended warranty details (like VIN, Expiry date etc). There was no booklet provided by VW, will check my documents again in case i have missed out something.

First time when i encountered the famous Vento "thud", i too got very worried. Now after reading feedback from so many members and with time i have gotten used to it. I usually reduce my speed while going on the speed breakers and that has helped considerably.

-Vikas
Vikas Arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 20:10   #5019
BHPian

some technical stuff

got some pdfs from erwin. Was checking out about diesel noise insulation out vento is designed to have.

When i checked the bottom of my 2012 vento, i didnt see the diesel specific noise insulation component as shown below

Name:  Screen Shot 20120828 at 7.55.15 PM.png
Views: 1560
Size:  244.0 KB

other insulations shown below

Name:  Screen Shot 20120828 at 7.55.43 PM.png
Views: 1437
Size:  262.6 KB
Name:  Screen Shot 20120828 at 7.55.55 PM.png
Views: 1452
Size:  229.4 KB
Name:  Screen Shot 20120828 at 7.57.45 PM.png
Views: 1415
Size:  166.1 KB
newtonMeter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 20:59   #5020
BHPian

adding more stunning facts (administrators please forgive as my 30 min deadline to edit has expired

some structural facts 1

Name:  Screen Shot 20120828 at 8.19.28 PM.png
Views: 1507
Size:  221.8 KB

some structural facts 2

Name:  Screen Shot 20120828 at 8.19.43 PM.png
Views: 1575
Size:  198.6 KB

the 6 speed auto tranny available with petrol can take 250 nm with ease (btw the diesel 5 speed MT also has 250nm (as per the doc) rating which means the 6 speed AT can easily be mated with 1.6 TDI

Name:  Screen Shot 20120828 at 8.39.22 PM.png
Views: 1551
Size:  114.0 KB

1.2 3-litre TDI (dev from 1.6 tdi) has a auto-turbo (german term for VGT ) i am pretty sure 1.6 also has a vgt for sure. see bullet 2 in the pic below

Name:  Screen Shot 20120828 at 8.40.44 PM.png
Views: 1511
Size:  183.6 KB

the ABS is bosch 8.2

with no EDL :( (electronic differential lock) but has some "emergency brake hazard light activation in case of emergency braking in access of -7m/s2
Name:  Screen Shot 20120828 at 8.40.01 PM.png
Views: 1565
Size:  156.0 KB

airbag sensor - see foot note of this pic

Name:  Screen Shot 20120828 at 8.20.08 PM.png
Views: 1469
Size:  213.0 KB

Source: http://data.autorepairmanuals.ws/0ec...eea328ae34fed5

Last edited by aah78 : 16th August 2016 at 18:30. Reason: Source link added.
newtonMeter is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 22:02   #5021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
adding more stunning facts
Thanks a ton I am just thinking that are the VW marketing guys a bunch of morons that they do not highlight these when Hyundai cries itself hoarse about 6 air bags and Ford had been shouting "boron steel" from rooftops all the while !
After seeing the attachments , I can make much more sense of BHP-ian frontosa's lucky escape in the massive accident that he had with his polo . Look at this attachment and then look at his car and then you can understand exactly what happened to the polo in the aftermath of the crash.
This was immensely helpful , thank you !

P.S- Could I kindly have the link where one can download the entire attachment ? How much does one have to pay ?
Old 28th August 2012, 22:06   #5022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Thanks a ton I am just thinking that are the VW marketing guys a bunch of morons that they do not highlight these when Hyundai cries itself hoarse about 6 air bags and Ford had been shouting "boron steel" from rooftops all the while !
After seeing the attachments , I can make much more sense of BHP-ian frontosa's lucky escape in the massive accident that he had with his polo . Look at this attachment and then look at his car and then you can understand exactly what happened to the polo in the aftermath of the crash.
This was immensely helpful , thank you !

P.S- Could I kindly have the link where one can download the entire attachment ? How much does one have to pay ?
Thanks buddy!

Search for erwin. You can get a 1 hour pass for just 5 euros

Ps. Did you check the diesel sound insulation on the previous post? Whats your take on it?
Old 28th August 2012, 22:08   #5023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akula.sreekanth View Post
The model I have seen is Highline Bridge Model. This model has everything the current Highline has (RCD 310 ICE, USB Aux port in the glove box, reverse parking assist, Alloy wheels, ABS, Airbags) except the steering mounted audio controls and the leatherette seat covers.

Blackened headlamps are not there in this model. The rumour (as I read from this thread) is that the new highline model (would be mostly called Highline+) will have blackened headlamps and something additional (I don't recollect).

Highline bridge = Current Highline - (leatherette seat covers + steering mounted audio controls)

Highline Bridge model ex-showroom (Bangalore) = 9,86,944
Highline ex-showroom (Bangalore) = 10,38,307
Difference = 51,363
Difference in on-road = 96,000 (due to higher Road taxes in Bangalore for cars with ex-showroom price higher than 10L, difference is sizeable amount. might not be the same in other cities)

Leatherette seat covers should not cost more than 20K after market for best of the best brands. (my opinion. didn't check with any dealers). so it boils down to whether you are ready to pay approximately 75K more for steering mounted audio controls or not. I'm not willing to pay that much.

Regards
Sreekanth
Yeah! Cars above 10l ex showroom have to pay 18.something % while cars below 10l have to pay around 15.something % . That is a pretty big difference . ESP when I only see a growth in the number of potholes in BLR. Well, this is Karnataka I guess
That's a brilliant move by VW. Do you have any idea how much this Highline bridge model coming up to OTR in Bangalore?
Old 28th August 2012, 22:16   #5024
BHPian

Quote:

I don't know about Delhi. But a friend and I bought the Vento this year ( Mine is two days old in my name ). Both of us got our extended warranty booklets at the time of delivery. I think it was a Polo/Vento booklet and had some Booklet version number or booklet number of some sort. Booklet "1.2" , I think. And the regular one was Booklet "1.4".
dieselat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 22:17   #5025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Thanks buddy!

Search for erwin. You can get a 1 hour pass for just 5 euros

Ps. Did you check the diesel sound insulation on the previous post? Whats your take on it?
Mate, I did see the previous post - If I am not mistaken its a black flat plastic cover that's in the engine area and my car has it . If your car does not have it , I would be very surprised as yours is a newer car !
I will again look under the hood tomorrow and match it with the picture

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks