Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2010, 10:48   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I have opted for Candy White color.
(Apparently VW palace cross told me that only White and Red will be available in the initial lot and other colours will be available from Nov manufactured lot onwards)
oh this is news! so they're initially focussing on limiting the color options to streamilne manufacture and clear backlog of pre-booked cars, then as subsequently offer more choice to the customer in terms of color. i do hope they also plan to introduce a comfortline shortly.

Quote:
Yes. I too felt 33k is quite high and tried for getting the insurance done outside. But VW palace cross didn't agree to it.
why wouldn't they agree to getting insurance done from outside? as far as i know, they can't compel you to take in house insurance unless they're clubbing any discount or offer with it.
if you put your foot down and insist, i think they'll give in. and i also believe you'll easily get a much cheaper deal if you go for insurance from outside.
Old 4th September 2010, 14:27   #497
BHPian

Just an enqujry, is the AT vento petrol a dsg or cvt?
Old 4th September 2010, 14:36   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Just an enqujry, is the AT vento petrol a dsg or cvt?
AFAIK it is neither a DSG nor a CVT - just a normal 6 speed AT box
Old 4th September 2010, 16:22   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

I was told by Downtown VW (Mumbai) that the Terra Beige shade would be only available in Jan 2011. He said all other colours would be available in the first lot. Looks like VW is having trouble keeping their story straight!
Old 4th September 2010, 19:03   #500
Senior - BHPian

Just coming back from a longish drive of Vento Diesel... Boy what a rush. The car doesnt feel like it has just 105 horses, the torque is strictly addictive... stalled the car once. Just a quick summary here:

- hoot to drive gaps will be closed sooner than u think when u press the gas pedal.
- perfect gear box. Very click click when slotted.
- Clutch has vibration of the engine but no biggie.
- Very very average music system... this one should goto trash as soon as u buy the car.
- Road presence/footprint smaller than Honda City
- Dash/Interiors mix bag. Poloish, at places better than ANHC and at places cheaper.
- Car doesnt give rich/premium feel of higher costing cars. Same as City.
- Did I mention amazing to drive???
- Parts/VW support is a question mark as was evident from my chat with salesperson.
- Clutch was not very light. Might be a problem in jams. Not sure though.
- Front seats are comfortable but dust/stain prone.
- Mileage in City around 13-15
- Engine a tad too loud, but addictive.

In anyways, to sum it all up. You can simply buy the car for the engine and that says a lot. The other things, comfort, bells and whistles, sales support, refinement, looks, ANHC scores higher than Vento. If VW dont become another Skoda, which I am hoping they wont, they have a winner on their hands. Its not like City is going to fade away, in isolation it makes a strong case for itself, and now with free insurance 25k and corporate discount, ANHC is already around 30-35k cheaper than it used to be. It would be like Laura vs Civic. On a highway Vento will probably beat the pants off the City, but on our regular jams, roads, etc, in the City, the City would provide a more comfortable relaxing drive than the Vento.
And although VW is offering warranty etc. parts/localization etc is still an issue that VW needs to sort. So all in all, no clear winner overall but if its simply about the drive, Vento it is all the way....
Having said that, just like ppl say you want to have a hot girl friend but a decent/sundar/sushil girl as a wife, similaryly in a car buying decision its not just about what is a hot *car* to drive/rip, the decision also depend on other factor and the sundar/sushil/sedate ANHC might just become the *wife* of your garage... pun intended!
Old 4th September 2010, 20:06   #501
BHPian

Quote:
I was thankful that #2 and 3 were not available, as I never thought any of the companies provided a decent OEM ICE unit. This now gives the flexibility to upgrade the ICE, which I am definitely going to do. (Mostly at Evo, with a touchscreen unit)
Other upgrades planned are 16" alloys or atleast the tyres to Michelin primary LC 195/60 R15.
Exactly. These 2 are definitely my priorities. Upgrading the music system and tyres. Waiting for the car to be available for TD before finalizing. It should be a Diesel HL. Keep us closely updated. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
Can someone post onroad prices in bangalore for the vento petrol/diesel, trendline/highline please.
Please see the Bangalore price list attached as a doc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
oh this is news! so they're initially focussing on limiting the color options to streamilne manufacture and clear backlog of pre-booked cars, then as subsequently offer more choice to the customer in terms of color. i do hope they also plan to introduce a comfortline shortly.

why wouldn't they agree to getting insurance done from outside? as far as i know, they can't compel you to take in house insurance unless they're clubbing any discount or offer with it.
if you put your foot down and insist, i think they'll give in. and i also believe you'll easily get a much cheaper deal if you go for insurance from outside.
On comfortline - Absolutely. I really want to change the alloys and tyres. With comfortline (Hope its like 'S' in AHNC with ABS and Airbags), at least I don't have to worry about changing the factory-fit alloys!

Based on my discussion with the dealer, I think we have the option in deciding insurance and the doc from them says "Finance and Insurance is highly recommended to be taken through the dealer to ensure customer satisfaction". I have a 4 year NC bonus on Insurance and would want to carry it forward. My priority is just that. Hope that is not going to be an issue anyways. At least Honda folks didn't had issues with that when I spoke to them 2 months back.
Attached Files
File Type: doc VW Vento Price - Bangalore.doc (34.0 KB, 812 views)
Old 4th September 2010, 21:45   #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
diptimanraje, Great! You must be one of the first in India. What colour choice had you opted for? Did the dealer mention any delay with respect to some colours?
I had opted for the candy white. the dealer did inform me while booking that the beige & blue will be available from Jan 11 onwards. all the other colours are available.
Old 4th September 2010, 22:07   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Just coming back from a longish drive of Vento Diesel...
Aseem,
Was it a TD vehicle?
Are they available at showrooms in Delhi?
Just that I am curious to know, as we in Bangalore have been given a tentative date of 6th or 7th..but still not sure
Old 4th September 2010, 22:29   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptimanraje View Post
hi everyone,
got a call from the dealer in Poona yesterday to do the balance payment.
am doing the payment today. they will do the temp. registration on Monday & deliver the car to me on Tuesday.
Hi Diptimanraje,

I think yours would be the first Vento on this forum. Delivery on Tuesday, vow, I can just imagine the butterflies in your stomach. All of us would be eagerly awaiting for you to start your ownership thread. No doubt the review by GTO has been awe inspiring, nothing can replace the first hand experience on an owner. Many members like me would take the plunge provided the owner's review gives a great thumbs up.

By the way this is one of my initial posts on this esteemed forum & I would like to thank one & all belonging to this forum for making this such a happening place.
Old 4th September 2010, 22:55   #505
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
Can someone post onroad prices in bangalore for the vento petrol/diesel, trendline/highline please.
On-Road prices Bangalore. Launch - Sept 8th!

Petrol Trendline - 849,133
Petrol Highline - 998,610
Petrol Highline Auto - 1,116,271

Diesel Trendline - 969,195
Diesel Highline - 1,118,673
Old 4th September 2010, 23:05   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
- Very very average music system... this one should goto trash as soon as u buy the car
- Parts/VW support is a question mark as was evident from my chat with salesperson.
- Clutch was not very light. Might be a problem in jams. Not sure though.
On parts and support, did the sales person say any thing specific?
On music system - More than USB/Bluetooth, my concern is on overall sound quality!. VW should have definitely done much better here.

Quote:
as we in Bangalore have been given a tentative date of 6th or 7th..but still not sure
They told me today that it will be available on Tue (7th). Getting impatient. Probably that is what VW wanted.
Old 5th September 2010, 07:54   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
On-Road prices Bangalore. Launch - Sept 8th!

Petrol Trendline - 849,133
Petrol Highline - 998,610
Petrol Highline Auto - 1,116,271

Diesel Trendline - 969,195
Diesel Highline - 1,118,673
As far as Blore OTR goes, I believe, its cheaper by 2+ lakhs as compared to ANHC VMT (13+ OTR ?), Forget about the ANHC VAT (may be another lakh difference) !

I am sure, ANHC is heading to a tough competition with this. I like this

Prem.
Old 5th September 2010, 11:00   #508
BHPian

What are the on road prices in Pune? Anyone booked here in Pune?
Old 5th September 2010, 13:23   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
As far as Blore OTR goes, I believe, its cheaper by 2+ lakhs as compared to ANHC VMT (13+ OTR ?), Forget about the ANHC VAT (may be another lakh difference) !
AHNC VMT was 11.1L OTR at Bangalore a month back. I didn't check V AT; but I think it was around 11.8L. S MT was 10.55L OTR. On it they give 15K discount and plus accessories like parking sensor and other basic stuffs.

When I said, I am looking at other options ( I meant Vento), they offered to upgrade the E MT to S MT if I pay 35K. But its not a full upgrade; Just the music system (2 DIN), body colour paint jobs, tail pipe chrome etc etc. Now I hear, they are giving offers on Insurance as well.
Old 5th September 2010, 14:48   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
What are the on road prices in Pune? Anyone booked here in Pune?
Check Diptimanraje's posts..the OTR is 10.07 for highline diesel outside octroi limit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks