Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2012, 19:45   #5236
BHPian

Can the yummy red ring lighter be retro fitted in the existing vento ?
Old 29th September 2012, 21:21   #5237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter
Can the yummy red ring lighter be retro fitted in the existing vento ?
If it can be fitted without losing the spring loaded cover it would be amazing, but I have a sneaky suspicion as per the pics that cover would have to go and it just looks horrible without the cover.
Old 30th September 2012, 20:21   #5238
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

SO my cars warranty is about to be up in the next couple of months and I was curious if I can still use the VW All India assistance without the warranty. Is it possible? If yes what are the charges?

If no, what alternatives would you guys suggest?
Old 30th September 2012, 20:45   #5239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
SO my cars warranty is about to be up in the next couple of months and I was curious if I can still use the VW All India assistance without the warranty. Is it possible? If yes what are the charges?

If no, what alternatives would you guys suggest?
Ideally you should be able to use the assistance services. The VW website doesn't mention anything on warranty based conditions, however I wouldn't be surprised if they don't charge you for some of the services (for e.g. towing charges).

On a different matter, any particular reasons for which you haven't opted for the extended warranty?
Old 30th September 2012, 22:27   #5240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Ideally you should be able to use the assistance services. The VW website doesn't mention anything on warranty based conditions, however I wouldn't be surprised if they don't charge you for some of the services (for e.g. towing charges).

On a different matter, any particular reasons for which you haven't opted for the extended warranty?

Thanks for the link, it says that it is available only during the extent of warranty but can be extended post warranty at nominal charges, I'll call up the dealer and find out what those charges are.

Quote:
Available right from “date of purchase” during warranty period of the car at free of cost
I have had to call then twice in the last two years and had great experience both times but still I'll research other companies which provide such services and post my findings over here.

When I bought the car VW didn't offer extended warranty, later when it did offer it only offered for new cars. Only recently did it start offering it for older cars that too at an inflated price. Since I haven't had any major problems in the two years and my running is only 5k a year, I don't find extended warranty worth it.
Old 1st October 2012, 02:13   #5241
Senior - BHPian

My car is 5 months away from completing 2 years , would it be possible to buy an extended warranty ?

On a separate note, just did 775 km drive from Mumbai to Udaipur yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous highways coupled with the Ventos amazing torque and road manners made it a delightful drive, we were 2 TDis with 7 adults and 2 children so comfy load . We did the entire journey on just 1 tank of diesel .

Last edited by noopster : 1st October 2012 at 10:58. Reason: Please read our posting rules especially Rule#11 and practice safe driving at all times.
souravc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 09:42   #5242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc
My car is 5 months away from completing 2 years , would it be possible to buy an extended warranty ?
Why shouldn't one be able to? I remember reading @Hayek's thread where he did mention how he wasn't allowed to purchase the extended warranty, but haven't heard any such cases for VW.

If it helps, let me check up the price here in BUB.

Last edited by noopster : 1st October 2012 at 10:40. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 1st October 2012, 10:55   #5243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Officially you can purchase extended warranty anytime before end of 2 years, when your warranty ends.

Last edited by noopster : 1st October 2012 at 10:58. Reason: PLease quote only the relevant part of the post when replying
Old 1st October 2012, 10:59   #5244
Distinguished - BHPian

VW Pune (Vidyut) is advertising extended warranty- checked this when I went to collect my car from servicing on Friday. Didn't get the details, though.
Old 1st October 2012, 11:03   #5245
BHPian

According to a friend, Extended All India Roadside Assistance is Rs.3000 for 2 years and is not included in the extended warranty.
Old 1st October 2012, 13:13   #5246
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Why shouldn't one be able to? I remember reading @Hayek's thread where he did mention how he wasn't allowed to purchase the extended warranty, but haven't heard any such cases for VW.

If it helps, let me check up the price here in BUB.
As far as I recall the extended warranty must be purchased within 1 year of the vehicle purchase. Don't know why it is this way but that is what I was told. However I don't exactly remember but I read here or in one of the ownership threads that after 1 year and before the completion of 2 years it can be purchased at a higher price. Please don't quote me on that though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
According to a friend, Extended All India Roadside Assistance is Rs.3000 for 2 years and is not included in the extended warranty.
Yes this has always been the case. Roadside assistance for 2 years has to be purchased separately. I did it when I purchased my extended warranty before the completion of one year.

Last edited by samarjitdhar : 1st October 2012 at 13:15.
Old 1st October 2012, 13:38   #5247
BHPian

Initially Extended warranty could only be purchased within one year of the car purchase, but some time back (I think last month) they have started selling it to currently 'warrantied cars' (essentially within two years of purchase) at slightly higher prices.
Don't know the exact diff, but will post when I get my done in some time.
Old 1st October 2012, 15:59   #5248
Distinguished - BHPian

For my Polo, I was told that EW has to be bought within 10 months of ownership, i.e. BEFORE the 11th month.

However, any increase in the package cost is obviously a risk for the buyer.
Old 1st October 2012, 19:04   #5249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Officially you can purchase extended warranty anytime before end of 2 years, when your warranty ends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
VW Pune (Vidyut) is advertising extended warranty- checked this when I went to collect my car from servicing on Friday. Didn't get the details, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
As far as I recall the extended warranty must be purchased within 1 year of the vehicle purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
For my Polo, I was told that EW has to be bought within 10 months of ownership, i.e. BEFORE the 11th month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Initially Extended warranty could only be purchased within one year of the car purchase, but some time back (I think last month) they have started selling it to currently 'warrantied cars' (essentially within two years of purchase) at slightly higher prices.
Quote:
Fyi gentlemen, quoting what I discussed with the dealer (BUB) on the phone; the person on the other end mentioned that there are different prices for the extended warranty based on time-based slabs (<12 months, 12 - 18 months, 18 - 24 months) of the ownership.

For my car (hypothetical case, I already have the extended warranty taken at a cost of 11+k) which fell in the middle section, I was quoted a figure of 15k while @souravc's car would be a bit higher.

When I mentioned that his car was Mumbai based, I was told that he has to get the extended warranty from Mumbai dealer(s) and the price should be as per what I was told. But, there is no guarantee and he should get in touch with his dealer in Mumbai.

Lol! No wonder there is so much confusion out here!
VW, if you are watching this thread, get your dealers in line!

Overall, the only conclusion I can come to - extended warranty is available for cars that are yet to age beyond 24 months. The dealers might play around on the price, but they can't deny you the extended warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Please don't quote me on that though .
Ok, I didn't! Even though it was true
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:02   #5250
BHPian

Quote:
Fyi gentlemen, quoting what I discussed with the dealer (BUB) on the phone; the person on the other end mentioned that there are different prices for the extended warranty based on time-based slabs (<12 months, 12 - 18 months, 18 - 24 months) of the ownership.
Hello Ninjantalli,
officially there is no difference in price for extended warranty based on time slabs of car ownership.
extended warranty cost remains same for all the customers provided it is bought before end of 2 years.
You should report this guy's communication to VW officials as he is giving wrong information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks