Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2012, 16:44   #5356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrab
Just this morning was standing out, while the Vento was being reversed. Normally being a new car I drive. Noticed that only one reversing lamp was on. Does it have one reversing lamp and one rear fog lamp?
Yes there is only one reverse lamp in the Vento. The other is a fog lamp.
Old 4th November 2012, 01:09   #5357
BHPian

Got my blue wind cared by UD today. Today was my second visit( post 4 months of the first) I have taken the AMC which is really worth each penny spent! Here are the highlights
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2952734
Old 5th November 2012, 08:38   #5358
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
If possible you could check with them and update us here.
I had been to Volkswagen Downtown on Saturday. Never seen the place so empty. Service was closed as the bay was getting renovated. The adviser informed me that it will restart in about a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
You would be advised to see this thread so that you are aware of how VW Downtown Bangalore goes on with their business and the condition of their workshop --

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2945943

Make a decision considering all of this so that you dont regret later like some other BHPians have had to do!
I am getting the car on a company lease and there are some conditions which many dealers don't agree to. Volkswagen Downtown is okay to these conditions. So I am currently going through with my deal with them. Anyways, thanks for the caution.

Actually, Apple Auto (or Volkswagen Whitefield) is my closest dealer. I am eagerly waiting for them to open their service center.
Old 5th November 2012, 15:12   #5359
BHPian

I will be driving to my hometown (Raipur, C.G) this diwali. Since my Vento TDI has done only 11500kms in 6.5months, its not yet time for the 1st service. But the total driving I would do in this trip would be close to 3500-4000Kms. Hence, wanted to take the car for a routine check up to B.U.Bhandari Service Center. When I called them for an appointment, to my surprise, they said they cannot entertain the vehicle before 20Nov as they are running too busy!! I mean, how many cars do they have to service that they need 15 day lead time?? Anyways, after explaining the situation they agreed to take a look at the car on Wednesday.

I heard Vidyut Motors is going to be closed. Is this correct and is this the possible reason why B.U.Bhandari so packed?

So I wil be going on Wednesday. It will be of great help, if anyone of you could suggest a good Service Advisor who can help me get things done quickly and advise me right?

Any thing in specific I need to keep in mind for the servicing?

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari
Old 5th November 2012, 18:23   #5360
BHPian

Had a good experience with VW today. It had been 7 months since purchasing the Extended Warranty and I was yet to receive the documents. I called the SA every other month and he said it would come by post. Finally contacted VW yesterday via email. Got a call today from the VW dealership stating that the Extended Warranty had arrived since July and they had even called me and messaged me regarding the same (didn't receive either). Got the Extended Warranty documents picked up today itself. This means not necessary that VW posts them to you to your registered address.
Old 5th November 2012, 21:08   #5361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
I heard Vidyut Motors is going to be closed. Is this correct and is this the possible reason why B.U.Bhandari so packed?
Are we seeing a trend here with the other one in Bangalore shutting shop? Hope VW has a strategy to open new dealerships if they want to improve their footprint in India (of late I haven't heard any plans or targets from their end). One can only keep fingers crossed. A good idea is to shut down dealerships having a shoddy history of sales and service and opening new ones which can perform better. If they are really serious about India and with their postponing all plans for new launches this is the best they could do in the meanwhile. Unless they can match or come close to the Japanese in terms of sales and service satisfaction they will continuously be in sixes and sevens in India. Just my opinion.
Old 5th November 2012, 22:38   #5362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will be driving to my hometown (Raipur, C.G) this diwali
Wow, that's great. Doing close to 1K+ kms in a day. You would be having a blast on the Pune-Ahmednagar-Aurangabad-Jalna road.

Do join the following below given Facebook group which would be very helpful in planning & information regarding the whole journey

Facebook Group

Quote:
So I will be going on Wednesday. It will be of great help, if anyone of you could suggest a good Service Advisor who can help me get things done quickly and advise me right?

Any thing in specific I need to keep in mind for the servicing?
My suggestion would be lesser the visit to workshop's the better. When you would return from the journey 15K would be almost nearing and you could book a service appointment tomorrow given the 15 day back log.

You could do the following DiY checkpoints before the journey.
1. Engine oil. Have it topped up to max. You could buy the oil from VW Workshop and should take you just 5 min to top it up.
2. Wheel alignment. Have a check of it, since you wouldn't want car to be drifting towards one side of the road in this long journey.
3. Tires topped up with nitrogen, since it remains cooler than normal air and retains same tire pressure over a long period of time. If you have a full load 5 Pax & luggage, then 35F & 39R are the recommended. Did a 1K journey last month with same tire pressure no problem.
4. Windshield wiper fluid topped up.
5. Have a check on coolant level. If necessary that needs to be topped up from workshop. If at all its just half way between Max & min, a distilled water top up wont hurt.
6. Lastly, a clean, spic & span car with nice fragrance and some good music.

Leaving city early at 6 am in the morning is the key, always. Less traffic and quicker bypass.

Quote:
When I called them for an appointment, to my surprise, they said they cannot entertain the vehicle before 20Nov as they are running too busy!! I mean, how many cars do they have to service that they need 15 day lead time??
Its all the same for every VW Workshop I guess, given 1 or 2 workshops per city and whole lot of VW cars to service. This year I had to get my Vento TDi's 1st paid service in Apr'12, so called up VW Workshop in Navi Mumbai KSM Motors, only to find a 21 day waiting. Don't know what's the condition now. Would be doing a 2nd paid service in Apr'13, which would a more clearer picture.

One thing I'm sure of is dealers are raking a whole lot of profit while running their workshop bays at more than maximum level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianGuardian View Post
Had a good experience with VW today. It had been 7 months since purchasing the Extended Warranty and I was yet to receive the documents.
I wouldn't say it a good experience, its too overrated. I had to call VW dealership 3 months after paying them for extended warranty after which I got Extended Warranty Booklet by post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Are we seeing a trend here with the other one in Bangalore shutting shop? Hope VW has a strategy to open new dealerships if they want to improve their footprint in India (of late I haven't heard any plans or targets from their end).
VW needs a major policy change and needs to improve its After Sales while its being sitting redundant without any new launches till 2014-15. With just 1 or 2 workshops per city, I can only imagine how much the waiting going to increase to.

Earlier there was waiting of 3 months to get my Vento TDi HL and now there would another waiting for getting it serviced, given there is just one VW Workshop for whole of Navi Mumbai.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 5th November 2012 at 22:43. Reason: Added coolant G12 to the check point list.
Old 5th November 2012, 22:59   #5363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Woah. Where did you hear this? I would like to see some valid source before we start assuming VW is upto something.

Quote:
So I wil be going on Wednesday. It will be of great help, if anyone of you could suggest a good Service Advisor who can help me get things done quickly and advise me right?
Manish Singh - excellent chap. There is another guy - Suraj, have had a decent experience with him too in the past. Btw I don't think you can "choose" your SA - they would assign you one before hand. Anyway I haven't heard of any bad SA experiences at BuB, so I wouldn't worry much about that.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 5th November 2012 at 23:03.
Old 6th November 2012, 11:38   #5364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Doing close to 1K+ kms in a day. You would be having a blast on the Pune-Ahmednagar-Aurangabad-Jalna road.

Do join the following below given Facebook group which would be very helpful in planning & information regarding the whole journey

Facebook Group
Yupp.. That route is quite good to drive. But I wont be doing 1K in a day. Planning to start from Pune Friday eve halt at Jalna/Aurangabad.

Start next day early morning and reach Raipur by evening. This would be about 800kms. I did this same route/itenary last time I travelled to Raipur but that was with my Vista SaFIRE. This time its gonna be the Ventastic

With Vento, I have done the similar route to Jabalpur. Pune-Aurangabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur.

Will join the group as well. But have also connected with HVK Sir parallely on TBHP on certain route suggestions as this time I wish to change the course to include Parli Vaijnath and Aundha Naganath before reaching Nagpur. Awaiting his reply.

Quote:
My suggestion would be lesser the visit to workshop's the better. When you would return from the journey 15K would be almost nearing and you could book a service appointment tomorrow given the 15 day back log.

You could do the following DiY checkpoints before the journey.
1. Engine oil...
6. Lastly, a clean, spic & span car with nice fragrance and some good music.

Leaving city early at 6 am in the morning is the key, always. Less traffic and quicker bypass.
Suggestion taken. But there is some noise from the front passenger door power window while rolling up and down. Need to get that fixed.

As far as Point 6 is concerned - will be visiting 3M on Friday before starting the journey.

Even I believe in leaving early. On such planned long drives, I prefer leaving around 5am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Woah. Where did you hear this? I would like to see some valid source before we start assuming VW is upto something.
From one of the Vidyut Motors customer who happen to be a GM with Mahindra Navistar. His son is my wife's patient and we live in the same society

I also checked with the sales exec who sold me my Vento even he hinted that it might happen but did not say any thing clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Manish Singh - excellent chap. There is another guy - Suraj, have had a decent experience with him too in the past. Btw I don't think you can "choose" your SA - they would assign you one before hand. Anyway I haven't heard of any bad SA experiences at BuB, so I wouldn't worry much about that.
Thanks..Lets see how it goes tomorrow.

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari
Old 6th November 2012, 15:06   #5365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But there is some noise from the front passenger door power window while rolling up and down. Need to get that fixed.
Why don't you try spraying WD-40 around the inner window sill, with the window rolled down completely first. It might just help in reducing the noise. Else VW Workshop shall promptly help in solving the problem.

Pune-Aurangabad shouldn't take you more than 4 hrs. At Aurangabad you could stay at Hotel Manor, good hotel with very delicious food & open to air BBQ and it is at Kranti Chowk, Jalna road en-route and with safe vehicular parking.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 15:20   #5366
BHPian

Quote:
Why don't you try spraying WD-40 around the inner window sill, with the window rolled down completely first. It might just help in reducing the noise. Else VW Workshop shall promptly help in solving the problem.
The sound is a typical khad..khad..khad types as if something is loose or there is some loose nut or part which is making sound while the roller rolls.

I have a confirmed appointment with VW tomorrow. Just got a call from the SA. So will get it checked tomorrow. I hope there is nothing major.
Old 6th November 2012, 15:32   #5367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sound is a typical khad..khad..khad types as if something is loose or there is some loose nut or part which is making sound while the roller rolls.

I have a confirmed appointment with VW tomorrow. Just got a call from the SA. So will get it checked tomorrow. I hope there is nothing major.
Khad Khad noise, that's needs a check. Surely something may be lose which may be causing the sound. Do update us tomorrow on the outcome and the experience at VW Workshop. Hoping it be a good one. You could as well have oil topped up, coolant checked while you are going tomorrow.
Old 6th November 2012, 16:07   #5368
jpm
BHPian

I am in the lookout for replacing our family sedan, the trusty Ikon 1.6 Rocam.

Primarily interested in the Vento for its please-all personality.

I have Several questions which even after hours of surfing and searching have not been answered.

1) The dealer is intent on pushing CL Bridge model (10.2L OTR after discounts) stating that the refresh mainly addresses HL versions and doesnt add anything of significance to CL variant. He mentioned that the radio-cd player in CL is the set from pre refresh HL and definitely NOT RCD310.
He also stated that blackened headlamps were only available on HL.

Now am confused as to whats the actual difference between Bridge CL vs Refresh CL. Much obliged if someone can enlighten.

2) Dealer has bridge models in stock but refresh model may take a month or two. I am aware this may simply be a sales ploy to push his old inventory. I dont mind it, if as he says there is no difference between refresh CL and bridge CL.

3) If the music system is not RCD310 then which one is it? Does it come with steering mounted controls?

4) Are the prices fair or can I try to further negotiate a bit further?

Last edited by jpm : 6th November 2012 at 16:09.
Old 6th November 2012, 21:46   #5369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm
I am in the lookout for replacing our family sedan.... 2) Dealer has bridge models in stock but refresh model may take a month or two. I am aware this may simply be a sales ploy to push his old inventory. I dont mind it, if as he says there is no difference between refresh CL and bridge CL.
VW's supplies are very erratic. Almost 1.5 months after I booked a Highline AT, the dealer had no clue as to when it will be delivered. If you book something that is not in stock, be prepared for a long and frustrating wait. I have given up, and cancelled my booking.
Old 7th November 2012, 07:56   #5370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
VW's supplies are very erratic. Almost 1.5 months after I booked a Highline AT, the dealer had no clue as to when it will be delivered. If you book something that is not in stock, be prepared for a long and frustrating wait. I have given up, and cancelled my booking.
Thats quite sad. Its not a fast moving variant, and still so much of irregularities! They are quite cracking up in their customer handling skills.

Any alternative option yet? There are not many to choose in the AT space.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks