Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2013, 20:35   #5671
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
I suppose he might be hinting at the IPL edition of Vento. Since the next round of IPL is nearing, they will be coming out with IPL Edition 3 of the Vento which might offer some more goodies as compared to last year (they had provided a tv screen for rear seats in Edition 2 along with other things).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
it will have built in bluetooth but not touchscreen or navigation. he is just fooling around with rumors.
BS Motoring confirms the upgrade - link
Though it does not talk about the touch screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
The dealer has informed me that the new ICE on Vento has a PHONE button on it. Does the existing ICE have such button ?

Can someone please paste a picture of the existing ICE on vento.
Phone button is on the steering wheel which is integrated to the ICE. Currently it is not enabled as RCD 310 in current form does not support phone connectivity.
Old 29th January 2013, 23:01   #5672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
. . .
Vento Oldies ,
What's up with your car(s)! Did you sell them off? Or gone off to a different country like @bala80? Some of your threads haven't been updated since mid 2012!

Now I know a few of you (for e.g. @souravc) have been doing a lot of kms; but it's 'bout time you guys chipped in on your ownership threads with an update
Old 29th January 2013, 23:35   #5673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Vento Oldies ,
What's up with your car(s)! Did you sell them off? Or gone off to a different country like @bala80? Some of your threads haven't been updated since mid 2012!

Now I know a few of you (for e.g. @souravc) have been doing a lot of kms; but it's 'bout time you guys chipped in on your ownership threads with an update
Aye Aye sir, guilty as charged :-p
I have touched 50,000 KM on the ODO meter. Will update my ownership thread first thing in the morning, also have to write a really bad feedback on Whitefield Volkswagen.

Thanks for the push on backside otherwise I would have sat here in laziness
Old 29th January 2013, 23:41   #5674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Aye Aye sir, guilty as charged :-p
I have touched 50,000 KM on the ODO meter. Will update my ownership thread first thing in the morning, also have to write a really bad feedback on Whitefield Volkswagen.

Thanks for the push on backside otherwise I would have sat here in laziness
Interesting evilshantanu. I was about to report a particularly nice experience with Whitfield vw. I went there last Wednesday, asking for my ac vents replaced under warranty. Not only did they do it, but they also returned the car to me the same day. Would really like to hear about your experience.
Old 30th January 2013, 09:46   #5675
BHPian

Quote:
Vento Oldies ,

Yeah, have been lazy updating the thread, although there have been quite many updates to talk about! Shall be done soon!
Old 30th January 2013, 10:10   #5676
Senior - BHPian

My car has not even crossed 9k on the odo....hence not much to say, other than the fact that it drives very well & feels great :-)

Cheers
Old 30th January 2013, 14:36   #5677
BHPian

Quote:
Vento Oldies ,

Yeah. I know. Just like others plain lazy I guess . It deserved an update when the new shoes were put on then one thing led to the other and the update never happened. I will definitely write out the latest and greatest by this weekend. Aside from upgrading to the BS Potenzas nothing new was acquired. Yes, there was a 2000 km road trip but other than that nothing much. I have managed to locate a 15 inch steel rim from the VW service center which I plan to use as the spare just for peace of mind. Not sure what I will do with the old spare if I would exchange it against the tire for the new spare or keep it as a second spare for a Ladakh trip. Apart from this I have a visit scheduled for tomorrow with the service center to get a general checkup done as I have seen a little sluggishness of late (maybe because of winter). I will update my ownership thread after my visit to the service center tomorrow.
Old 30th January 2013, 15:27   #5678
BHPian

I have completed my car 3rd service yesterday and the bill posted in my thread.
Overall continued good experience with PalaceCross, Blr.
Old 30th January 2013, 15:52   #5679
BHPian

First Service Update :

Shadow Blue Vento TDI
KMS : 15644
Date of Service : 28 Jan 2013
Date of Purchase : 18 Mar 2012
Service Centre : B.U.Bhandari, Wakad, Pune
Service Advisor : Suraj Sawant.

Got the first servicing of my Vento done on Monday. The car has come out to be smoother and better to drive. Got the Clutch hose pipe, engine and gear mount updated to the new version to reduce the vibration and sound in the car.

Old Engine Mount (left) and Gearbox Mount (right) :
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20130128_145549.jpg

New gear box mounting vs the Old gear box mounting :
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20130128_145712.jpg

New Hydraulic Engine Mounting already fitted. Missed to click it before fitting :
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20130128_145956.jpg

New Clutch Hose Pipe :
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20130128_152123.jpg

New Clutch Hose Pipe part decription :
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20130128_152137.jpg

To my surprise saw a SHADOW BLUE POLO!! Now they are also making the Grey Ventos.
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20130128_153306.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20130128_153423.jpg

ICE of the new Polo. Has AUX, USB, Bluetooth all integrated
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20130128_153341.jpg

Finally the bill (parts + labour = INR 10243)
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20130130_152851.jpg

In all a satisfactory experience. Might go on a weeknd trip to test and feel the improvements. As of now, car feels more response, smooth and engine vibration/sound is quite reduced.

Regards,
Aniket
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 17:54   #5680
BHPian

Just came back from the stockyard after looking at my 2nd vento that I have booked. Its Pepper Grey while the older one is silver. The new model has a Bluetooth integrated RCD 320 unit (older one has RCD 310 unit) that has a phone button but not a touch screen operation. Will post picture and other information after delivery is done.
SR-71 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 17:58   #5681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
First Service Update :

Shadow Blue Vento TDI
KMS : 15644
Date of Service : 28 Jan 2013
Date of Purchase : 18 Mar 2012
Service Centre : B.U.Bhandari, Wakad, Pune
Service Advisor : Suraj Sawant.

Got the first servicing of my Vento done on Monday. The car has come out to be smoother and better to drive. Got the Clutch hose pipe, engine and gear mount updated to the new version to reduce the vibration and sound in the car.

Regards,
Aniket
Awesome Info Aniket. My shadow blue is almost the same date as yours. (could you share your VIN?)
My queries:
1. Did you ask for the engine mount/gearbox mount/clutch hose replacement OR the SA adviced you on his own?

2. Did they also do a VAG SW update?
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 18:28   #5682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Awesome Info Aniket. My shadow blue is almost the same date as yours. (could you share your VIN?)
My queries:
1. Did you ask for the engine mount/gearbox mount/clutch hose replacement OR the SA adviced you on his own?

2. Did they also do a VAG SW update?
Thanks newtonMeter. Mine is Feb 12 manufactured.
VIN No : WVWB12602CT031956

1. Yes I asked about it and requested for the same to the Sr Technician. The SA did not tell me anything about it. The Sr Tech said we dont do it for all customers and especially all 3 together as it creates problem in their audit.

2. I got my SW updated in Nov 12 when I went it for a regular check up. You may check my below post about the SW update :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2957172

Regards,
Aniket
Old 30th January 2013, 18:54   #5683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Just came back from the stockyard after looking at my 2nd vento that I have booked. Its Pepper Grey while the older one is silver. The new model has a Bluetooth integrated RCD 320 unit (older one has RCD 310 unit) that has a phone button but not a touch screen operation. Will post picture and other information after delivery is done.
Do you have a picture of how the pepper grey looks on the Vento. I am planning to book the same, but was waiting to see it.

Also is the new ICE with bluetooth integrated with the call button on the steering wheel ? When is the car delivery ?
Old 30th January 2013, 22:00   #5684
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Awesome. Just followed a brand new pepper grey Polo from office to my home (area); till mid-way I didn't realize the color. This color should look gorgeous on the Vento!

For others who are still trying to comprehend the color shade, it looks exactly similar to the grey of i20; infact till quite sometime I assumed the car in front of me was the ubiquitous grey colored i20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Do you have a picture of how the pepper grey looks on the Vento. I am planning to book the same, but was waiting to see it.
Old 31st January 2013, 09:54   #5685
BHPian

Thanks to Ninja's gentle nudge. Am back. Car has done 23000 Kms now and first service was good at palace cross. Meanwhile I was reading GTO's post on turbo charged cars. For Vento should we follow the same procedure as I remember reading in earlier posts, for Vento TDi just start and go. Now after reading that post I am bit confused. Any suggestions?

Most Viewed