Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2013, 17:59   #5701
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
Basic question here!.
What do you mean by seat assembly? I had my seats "stanley customized". would they change the entire seat altogether?
I am guessing Stanley customized means putting a leather seat cover from Stanley after taking off the stock fabric cover. The seat assembly is actually the frame on which the entire seat is attached and travels back and forth for adjustment. It is the frame which can get rusted and this assembly which gets replaced as far as I know. The actual seat is not replaced. In your case they will have to take off the Stanley customized cover and then take out the seat to replace the assembly. Circle back some of the pages here and many Vento owners here have had their assemblies replaced under warranty including me. I have art-leather covers which were removed before this replacement was done so I don't think in your case there should be any issues.
samarjitdhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 20:58   #5702
BHPian

I just picked up my Pepper Grey Vento. The dealer gave me the old price though the price for the highline TDI has shot up by about a lakh. Its 12.98 OTR, I got mine at 11.89 (insurance is free). I paid an additional 11K for Drive Assure & another 11K for EW.

Here is a quick comparison to my 2012 Vento

- The first thing i noticed is the extremely smooth clutch operation. I remember how i cried foul (in this very forum) regarding the hard clutch when I picked up the earlier Vento
- The next best thing, the phone button works ! These are dummy in my older vento. The new unit is RCN 320 (Interestingly the sales consultant told me they still dont work )
- The new unit does not show the visual indication for the reversing sensor operation (like it does in the RCD 310). However the Garmin unit relays pictures from the reverse camera, so am OK with it
- The front map light have changed. I feel the one in the earlier one were gorgeous with individual lights to each front passenger seat. The new one is a simple unit (like in a basic car). It doesn't look out of place but I do see this as a cost cutting measure.
- The new car has leatherette seats, my old one were fabric.

That's all for now folks, picture and a more comprehensive feedback to come in later..

Last edited by SR-71 : 1st February 2013 at 21:00.
SR-71 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 22:57   #5703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I just picked up my Pepper Grey Vento. The dealer gave me the old price though the price for the highline TDI has shot up by about a lakh. Its 12.98 OTR, I got mine at 11.89 (insurance is free). I paid an additional 11K for Drive Assure & another 11K for EW.

- The first thing i noticed is the extremely smooth clutch operation. I remember how i cried foul (in this very forum) regarding the hard clutch when I picked up the earlier Vento
- The next best thing, the phone button works ! These are dummy in my older vento. The new unit is RCN 320 (Interestingly the sales consultant told me they still dont work )
- The new unit does not show the visual indication for the reversing sensor operation (like it does in the RCD 310). However the Garmin unit relays pictures from the reverse camera, so am OK with it
- The front map light have changed. I feel the one in the earlier one were gorgeous with individual lights to each front passenger seat. The new one is a simple unit (like in a basic car). It doesn't look out of place but I do see this as a cost cutting measure.

That's all for now folks, picture and a more comprehensive feedback to come in later..
Congratulations SR-71 on your new (second!) Vento! Pepper Grey looks fabulous on the Vento.

I own a 2012 vento with the RCD 310. Are you aware if there's any way we can have the new RCN 320 installed in place of the RCD 310?
Old 2nd February 2013, 04:01   #5704
Senior - BHPian

I may have sold my car and gone off to a different country, but still religiously follow this thread. I always have a soft corner for the vento, who knows I may pick one with pepper grey upon my return...

I just wish they bring the maroon too before I come back to make my decision making harder - I know where to get the old vento alloys from so that's the first change that will go into the car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Vento Oldies ,
Or gone off to a different country like @bala80?
Congratulations, I may have missed your update but what happened to your old car? Has the sound quality improved with the new HU?

Quote:

Old 2nd February 2013, 08:20   #5705
BHPian

Quote:
I just picked up my Pepper Grey Vento. The dealer gave me the old price though the price for the highline TDI has shot up by about a lakh. Its 12.98 OTR, I got mine at 11.89 (insurance is free). I paid an additional 11K for Drive Assure & another 11K for
Are you sure this is RCN 320? The "n" generally denotes navigation like rcn 510 etc. I even google rcn 320 but got no results. On the other hand the rcd320 returned good amount of sample with similar pic as shown earlier.

Now could you please put up the pictures! Dying
Old 2nd February 2013, 09:26   #5706
BHPian

@Bala - Buddy, its a long story with my old vento, not one for this forum, maybe we can catch up over a private message on that. Long story short, I sold the old vento about 3 months back (and I really was NOT happy letting it go). All my friends were surprised that I brought the vento again. The reasons are pretty straightforward
  • The duster was out cause am no fan of baby SUV's and more importantly they have royally screwed up with the interiors. Am going to spend much of the time inside the car and I lake elegant interiors (Duster owners, no offense, its my personal opinion)
  • I took the my friends verna (automatic) for a 700 KM drive recently. She was generous enough to let me drive all they way through. We drove through some of the best roads in the country. The plus was the amazing engine and gadgets but the minus was the ride quality. At a couple of undulations we almost took off. The bounce and bobs were that scary (it was a long empty stretch and I had pressed down on the pedal to touch 170+ just to test the engine). But I have to tell you that I fell the engine revs much more easier than the Vento.
  • With Vento coming up with some updated gadgets i saw it as some value for money in the old price (i was given price protection)
  • The only other car that would have lured me away from this is the Lancer X (had they launched it, I would have booked it without a second thought)
@Newton, Yes even i was surprised with the 'N' as it stands for Navigation generally. I thought it was the RCD 320 (infact Google RCD 320, you will see some images of the unit that the new Vento comes up with). But the booklet I have shows it as RCN 320 (am looking at it right now)

@Asva, Regarding installation of the new unit in the old car, I do not see any reason why it cannot be done. These are simple plug and play units. There are some subtle differences though. The new unit has the USB slot right on the unit itself. The old unit had it in the glove box. So that would become redundant should you change the unit. But these shouldn't stop you from fixing the unit. However if its a question of putting the steering wheel buttons to use I would suggest you take a look at the Parrot Minikit (it comes with the Polo now) before you make a decision on the unit. Maybe you would save some good dough on it.

A word about the dealer, VW Palace Cross, Bangalore. By far the best I have dealt with in a car buying process (maybe because it was corporate lease ?). Its in stark contrast with the experience I had at my previous dealer which let me in all my best spirits put it as nightmarish. I will never recommend Abra even to my worst enemies. Both their sales and service s****d. VW Palace Cross is very professional in many ways.

However, here is what I would have liked to see the Vento.
- Have the old front map lights
- Have a stubby antenna
- Introduce the cappuccino beige from the sister Skoda (the current beige turns yuck after some time - my opinion again)
- Introduce the chocolate brown from the Jetta & Passat (this gorgeous color seems to be reserved for the high end cars)
- Introduce a DSG automatic
- Have the navigation unit inbuilt in the radio unit
- Last but not least, Kick your dealers to do a better job of sales and service

Last edited by SR-71 : 2nd February 2013 at 09:44.
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:02   #5707
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I may have sold my car and gone off to a different country, but still religiously follow this thread. I always have a soft corner for the vento, who knows I may pick one with pepper grey upon my return...
Bala,
At times I would say you are more active than a lot of the older Vento owners!

@SR-71,
Congratulations! Although it is killing me from inside to immediately ping you asap and ask for the reasons, but maybe, someday when it is fine for you to go open/public about it, you could share more details. Till then enjoy the new Vento again.

P.s. Clutch becoming smoother - I wonder if this can be passed on to the older cars. I drove the Figo for a day, and the Vento clutch felt horrible the next day! Took me another day to get over it!
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:41   #5708
BHPian

Has anyone noticed this. Vento has a plastic clutch pedal
I haven't seen such a brilliant idea on any other vehicle in Indian market till date....Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg
sujay bhandare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 11:09   #5709
BHPian

Congrats Sr-71! I love the pepper grey... saw it in the showroom when I went to pick up my Shadow Blue on thursday and was really impressed with how awesome that color looked on the vento! Im jealous of your improved clutch though... mine feels like im trying to pedal a cycle under water!
Old 3rd February 2013, 20:40   #5710
BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations. I don't find it surprising that once you have owned a Vento you will pick it up again if you sold the earlier one . Specially when they seemed to have fixed the lack of equipment heartache albeit at a higher sticker price. Wishing you many a happy mile with the new beast. Though I am saddened to hear that they downgraded the interior lights. They really gave the car a touch of class.
Old 4th February 2013, 16:12   #5711
BHPian

Quote:
The in-built visual reverse indicator on the RCD 310 unit was one of the best features of the Vento. I feel it works better than a reverse camera. They shouldn't have let that go especially when the Garmin unit is not a factory fitted unit (prone to theft etc). Looking forward to a unit with in-built navigation and reintroduction of the visual reverse map in future editions.

Great to hear about Bluetooth functionality though. Much needed addition.
Old 4th February 2013, 19:39   #5712
BHPian

I had my vento taken for 2nd Service on last saturday!.
Total bill came upto 10454 (pretty OK considering the fact that its yearly once or 15000 KM). Attaching it.
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vento-service-bill.jpg

They did upgrade both my seat frames (as samarjitdhar had mentioned.) they also did something in the steering column ( I could see the labour cost for removing the steering in one of their print outs), I guess its the same thing as mentioned here --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3029352
After the service, I dont get the cold starts in the morning!

They had put all the old parts (filters et al) in a plastic cover and had given it to me. This morning as I was just looking at the contents inside before disposing, I was pleasently surprised to see the half bottle of Castrol engine oil (1 liter bottle) along with it. they indeed had packed the "leftover" oil and gave it back to me. I guess palace cross is trying their level best to win the customer's confidence.

Last edited by anToNIcHeN : 4th February 2013 at 19:49.
anToNIcHeN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 22:44   #5713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
I had my vento taken for 2nd Service on last saturday!.
Total bill came upto 10454 (pretty OK considering the fact that its yearly once or 15000 KM). Attaching it.
Attachment 1046946

They did upgrade both my seat frames (as samarjitdhar had mentioned.) they also did something in the steering column ( I could see the labour cost for removing the steering in one of their print outs), I guess its the same thing as mentioned here --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3029352
After the service, I dont get the cold starts in the morning!

They had put all the old parts (filters et al) in a plastic cover and had given it to me. This morning as I was just looking at the contents inside before disposing, I was pleasently surprised to see the half bottle of Castrol engine oil (1 liter bottle) along with it. they indeed had packed the "leftover" oil and gave it back to me. I guess palace cross is trying their level best to win the customer's confidence.
anToNIcHeN, I own a 2012 model Vento TDI highline. I am taking it for its first service to the same service center at Rajajinagar tomorrow (5th Feb) where you had ur Vento serviced. I would appreciate it if you could kindly guide me on the following points:

1) I have issues with my clutch being hard and lots of vibrations, guessing the clutch hose needs to be changed (under warranty) to the new one. do we have to push them for it or do they do it willingly?

2) Is there any particular SA/Technician at the service station who you recommend that I approach. This would help me a great deal.

3)Why exactly was the seat assembly changed?

4) I am experiencing excessive suspension noise filtering inside the cabin (the 'Thud' and some kind of metallic noise). did u experince the same too? any suggestions to have it rectified?

5)Do I need to get any ECU software updates done?

6)Any other thing/s I need to get done?

Appreciate your feedback/suggestions.

Regards
ASVA
Old 5th February 2013, 10:07   #5714
BHPian

Quote:
Physically there is no change of clutch parts in new Vento.
Old 5th February 2013, 11:46   #5715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Physically there is no change of clutch parts in new Vento.
Nicky - can you confirm if the new clutch pipe can help ?

I am planning for upgrading to new clutch pipe under warranty (+ the seat frames/engine mounts/gearbox mounts)

Need your advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks