Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2013, 18:27   #5791
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Anyway, a 2nd TD of a different car should resolve your quandary; and of course it can go either way.
Maybe, but the sales executive admitted the diesel having vibrations on the clutch and I don't think I'll travel another 75 kms for TD-ing another car. Moreover, the vehicle didn't feel lacking on maintenance.

Quote:
P.s. Is this a buying-TD process or just a random TD?
This could end up in buying.
Old 20th February 2013, 21:54   #5792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
Can any new owners please confirm whether they received the Vento with Feb 2013 VIN? and post some pictures (esp. of pepper grey !).
Any specific reason on Feb 2013 VIN. I got a P.Grey with Jan 2013 VIN with the newer RCN 320 kit. After a months use, here is my opinion on the bluetooth phone connectivity. Its pretty basic and not really worth the extra money. You can dial the last dialler number from the console and you can answer calls. Thats pretty much about it. If you want to dial or anything of that sort, one has to still use the phone. IMHO, if one gets a 2012 Dec VIN with a lot of discount, it might be really worth it (if they are cool with it).

Friends, I need some advise. Whenever I go over a bump / rumbler / pothole at about 15 / 20 KMPH (kind of pretty slow but not crawling), there is a thud from the rear but nothing when the car goes over bad roads at decent speeds. Any suggestions on what could be wrong here..

Last edited by SR-71 : 20th February 2013 at 22:06.
Old 20th February 2013, 22:07   #5793
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I got a P.Grey with Jan 2013 VIN with the newer RCN 320 kit. After a months use . . .
A month already, and yet you shamelessly don't put up a picture of the grey beauty!

Let me do the honors - unfortunately not a great picture, the mobile's camera pictures are so-so, and the car was quite dirty! Anyway, here it is folks!

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20130216_144655.jpg
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 07:32   #5794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post

Friends, I need some advise. Whenever I go over a bump / rumbler / pothole at about 15 / 20 KMPH (kind of pretty slow but not crawling), there is a thud from the rear but nothing when the car goes over bad roads at decent speeds. Any suggestions on what could be wrong here..
That's the trademark thud of the vento suspension, a lot of us have cribbed over it. It's quite unnerving to hear but it's just the way the suspension is. It happens only at crawling speeds especially if the rear is empty.

Sid
Old 21st February 2013, 10:56   #5795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
RCD 310 can be made blue tooth enabled with the 9w7 kit. the problem is its too expensive - around 400 dollars with the original VW harness,mic,bluetooth module that will integrate into rcd 310.

Although 320 is great with bluetooth, i dont think it has MDI connection, though it might have a USB will make ur dash a little cluttered.
I saw this video in YouTube -

Has anyone tried this? I can see a BT option in setup. But haven't tried pairing.

BTW, the BT that came in the SatNav is not working properly for me. After the pairing up and connection of my phone, the BT connection goes off within a few minutes. I have an HTC Desire. Anybody having this problem and any solution to fix this?

Last edited by Crank : 21st February 2013 at 11:02. Reason: Additional query
Old 21st February 2013, 12:11   #5796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
The only other factor I fear, going by reports, is the ultra low FE on the petrol.
Its interesting what you've written here. Can you source the "reports" indicating "ultra low FE" or is it hearsay? BTW, what is ultra low for you and what would be reasonable or good for a 1.6L petrol engine?

I ask as I drive one (Petrol AT) and am generally satisfied with the FE. Lot of my drives from office to home (6KM on ORR in Bangalore) I see 13-14 on the console. Overall, judging by tank to tank method, I've not gotten less than 10 in 8 months of ownership. Last time it was closer to 11. This is all in city driving.

I can compare this with others on this forum. Most City AT users also report on similar lines (9-11 kmpl), the only Fiesta AT is also reporting 9-10 kmpl. There is no Verna P AT so dont know how good/bad Verna is. On his highway runs noopster has reported 19 also with careful driving.

I dont think the FE is ultra low. A petrol user is anyway going to be one with less driving requirements per month (<1000 km else one would go for the Diesel). For low usage a 1 kmpl difference might not mean any substantial savings really. Unless you have another car that gives 5-6kmpl more in same driving conditions, I dont see the fuss about FE at all.
joslicx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 12:56   #5797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Its interesting what you've written here. Can you source the "reports" indicating "ultra low FE" or is it hearsay? BTW, what is ultra low for you and what would be reasonable or good for a 1.6L petrol engine?

I dont think the FE is ultra low. A petrol user is anyway going to be one with less driving requirements per month (<1000 km else one would go for the Diesel). For low usage a 1 kmpl difference might not mean any substantial savings really. Unless you have another car that gives 5-6kmpl more in same driving conditions, I dont see the fuss about FE at all.
Why should there be a 'fuss' about penning an initial impression? I guess I have hurt some Ventonians while I was sharing my fears! Having searched the forum, I could find only one post quoting 8-9 kmpl in city. Sorry, I do not intend to dig it out again. This is low per my standards. May be not for everybody else. I get a cool 12-13 kmpl on my 1.6 Baleno inside the city.

There is not much reports on the MT except for chet1376's ownership review. He is yet to update the city FE. If you have other reports on petrol MTs, please share with me too.
Old 21st February 2013, 13:51   #5798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why should there be a 'fuss' about penning an initial impression? I guess I have hurt some Ventonians while I was sharing my fears! Having searched the forum, I could find only one post quoting 8-9 kmpl in city. Sorry, I do not intend to dig it out again. This is low per my standards. May be not for everybody else. I get a cool 12-13 kmpl on my 1.6 Baleno inside the city.

There is not much reports on the MT except for chet1376's ownership review. He is yet to update the city FE. If you have other reports on petrol MTs, please share with me too.
Oops sorry. It looks like my post came across to you as affronting. At times my wife also has same impressions

See FE is always influenced by many factors. The traffic in the city, your driving style, the engine also of course etc. Fellow member Hayek also has Vento AT and he has reported 6-7kmpl (but he is still OK with that and that is how the traffic is for him). We have a Brio at home and I drove that over 100 KMs one day and average I saw on console was around 11. There are many Brios in this forum and people have reported all sorts of figures, from 9 to 11 to even upto 16-17 (all in city driving). So if I were to judge based on a single
user experience it would be a biased opinion. It may or may not reflect actual truth. Somebody going by Hayek's numbers will think on same lines as you but maybe on his run other vehicles also return similar figures. We should consider that as well. I think a difference of 1-2 kmpl can always be adjusted for individual driving styles. I'd be more interested if theres another vehicle that can return you 4-5kmpl or more under same conditions! If you ask me, in petrol sedan space there isint! Lot of FE fears are just perceptions.

I am actually eagerly waiting for the Ford Ecoboost engine to see how it fares on the FE.
joslicx is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 19:39   #5799
BHPian

Planning to book a 2013 Vento TDI HL. Got the following quote for company registration from VW Downtown Mumbai.
Ex Showroom : 10,24,265
RTO : 2,08,353
Insurance : Free (41,152)
Handling Charges : 3500
Mud Flap and Mattings : Free
Corporate Discount : 12,000

Does this sound a good deal ?
Old 22nd February 2013, 11:28   #5800
BHPian

Hi, I have a May'12 manufactured TDI model and the dealer says that he has checked VIN in some internal database and there is no need to replace the seat frame or add insulation on wire around the steering column.

Is this campaign targeted for certain lots only?
Old 22nd February 2013, 12:14   #5801
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why should there be a 'fuss' about penning an initial impression? I guess I have hurt some Ventonians while I was sharing my fears!
Well...the problem with defending a car you have purchased is that you sometimes get accused of being a fanboi

But I agree with Ninjatalli. I have driven a couple of TDIs, including his, and the clutch vibration was not a big issue for me. Keep in mind I am a petrol-only guy. The NVH did bother me, though, and I returned to my own petrol AT Vento a quietly satisfied man!

Quote:
Having searched the forum, I could find only one post quoting 8-9 kmpl in city. Sorry, I do not intend to dig it out again. This is low per my standards. May be not for everybody else.
There aren't too many petrol MTs on the forum as you rightly pointed out but if you have a good mix of city and highway like I do, you should expect around 12 kmpl. Pure city around 8 kmpl. In a city like Mumbai, with AC on 100% and crawl-level traffic you will get 6-7kmpl (check Hayek's thread).
Verna is miles ahead of Vento in terms of interior quality (looks very posh & glitzy as opposed to classy understated), refinement, space and features (though VW has started catching up in this last regard). However a Hyundai will handle like a Hyundai and if you can live with that single fact, get the Verna!
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 02:41   #5802
BHPian

A couple of interesting videos related to the Vento:

1. Vento crash test

2. This is an interesting colour option currently available in the Russian market. Looks quite similar to the burnt/rusty orange colour on the Swift.

On a different note, people worried about the Vento's ground clearance -- look how rough the guy drives the car off road. I've been on similar 'roads' and believe me the Vento has come out unscathed every time. Of course, I did not drive as wildly as the guy in the video!

Last edited by nileshch : 25th February 2013 at 02:48.
nileshch is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 14:48   #5803

Hi,

I had been to Apple VW on Sat to get my RHS Tail lamp replaced on my Vento and spotted a Grey Vento getting ready for delivery. Here are the snaps of the grey beauty..
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20130223_141405.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20130223_141437.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20130223_141424.jpg  

khan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 15:45   #5804
BHPian

It has 1500Km on the ODO...
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-car.jpg  

SR-71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 17:12   #5805
BHPian

@Thoma,
I have a Vento Petrol MT.
I generally get near 11 KMpL with major Delhi city driving. That includes maneuvering the pot holes in first gear, pedal to the metal stuff on the flyovers, some very lag-gy drives with my mum on board....you get the idea. Best I got was 13+ on one tank full, and that was all during the low visibility, low traffic, low speed, fog season.
And obviously, most petrol owners being low mileage crunch-ers, it doesn't pinch that much. The Lakh+ I saved, compensates.
Yeah, to be really honest, when I started with the Vento, 11 seemed a little poor; but I've come to live with it I guess.
negativeH is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks