Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2010, 16:27   #571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Hi Ventoman!

Hey please test drive the Petrol too and let us all know how it drives!

Test drives in Palace cross B'lore starts from 15th!!!
Sure. I am going later tonight with few more friends and will give the petrol a go as well.

Btw, few more observations on the diesel TD:
1. The gearbox as mentioned by few others, is smooth as butter.
2. You have to press down the gear lever for slotting into reverse and then release it for the forward gears. A nice touch from vw!
3. The genuine accessories list is out and includes ice units, sill protectors, sun films, door side protectors, rear parking sensor, floor mats, mud flaps, rear spoiler and door visors. All except ice units, are from vw itself. Details are available as a separate brochure.
4. If you book a diesel highline today, expect your vehicle around new year!
Old 10th September 2010, 16:28   #572
ajai_dev

Got a call back from VW Chandigarh today they told me to drop by in 2-3 days and they will have a Vento and Jetta demo car ready for a test drive. I was told that the Jetta is owned by some boss of theirs in VW chd and the Vento is a brand new one not a demo car.

Cant wait for a test drive hope fully i'll also get to try out Linea in 2-3 days "Cant go to Chandigarh for test drives all the time :("

Old 10th September 2010, 18:04   #573
Team-BHP Support

Viddy and I took a look at the Vento - not a bad piece of kit. 5th passenger is not made to feel welcome. We found that the back seat is more comfortable that a Jetta
Old 10th September 2010, 22:54   #574
Senior - BHPian

I am posting this on behalf of a friend who is confused between Verna CRDI and Vento. His primary requirements are performance , handling, and serviceability. Space, FE and other features does not matter much. ABS is essential but airbags aren't'. Since ABS isn't available in the base model that leaves no other options than the top end in both models.

We have test driven Verna and the engine is a delight. Having driven Petrol regularly there was a turbo lag is pretty much felt in Verna CRDi but the car starts accelerating ridiculously once the turbo spools in. But boy it didnt sound like diesel.
Gear shifts were not upto my liking & too much Body roll was observed during sudden lane changes. I wondered what is the use of power if there is no Handling. This is the main reason why Vento comes into picture.
But being a Hyundai it should be peace of mind. Who knows VW may go Skoda way.
Few things where Verna is excellent - Interior design, ride quality.
Vento test drive was not available.

So the question is is it worth waiting for Vento for 3-6 months. (Assuming the waiting period) or going in for Verna which is already 70K cheaper. Also please mention how is the turbo lag when compared to Verna. Since most of the time the car will be puttering in city.I also expect handling and gear shifts to be way better in Vento.
Old 10th September 2010, 23:48   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ABS is essential but airbags aren't'.
Strange. So he's not planning on having any of those accidents where someone else drives into him, then?

As my dad used to say: 50% of accidents are the other person's fault.
Old 11th September 2010, 11:03   #576
BHPian

Took a test drive of Vento Diesel Highline in coimbatore. The car did satisfy most of my requirements.

My Observations: (-ves)
1) Felt Engine was little noisy.
2) Steering little light.
3) It was not that quick that i expected after reading GTO's review. The car clocked less than 500 Km and i was not really willing to throttle it.
4) After lowering the driver seat handrest, it is impossible / very difficult to wear the seat belt.
5) Music system was very average.
6) A simple auto lock would have solved all the locking issues.
7) Chrome lining on black would give it a premium car feeling
8) Climate control was cumbersome to use initially.

(+Ves)
1) The progress was gradual and linear, I enjoyed it!
2) Gear shifting was smooth.
3) Front and back legroom was very good.
4) In town driving was effortless and easy
Old 11th September 2010, 11:15   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Drive View Post
7) Chrome lining on black would give it a premium car feeling
Which variant were you driving? Doesn't the top one come decked with Chrome garnishing?
Old 11th September 2010, 11:18   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Which variant were you driving? Doesn't the top one come decked with Chrome garnishing?
It was a highline Diesel, nopes the one that i saw was without a chrome garnish on the side of the windows.
Old 11th September 2010, 11:34   #579
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Drive View Post
3) It was not that quick that i expected after reading GTO's review. The car clocked less than 500 Km and i was not really willing to throttle it.
But if you were not throttling it how could you expect it to be quick?
Old 11th September 2010, 12:43   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
But if you were not throttling it how could you expect it to be quick?
I did throttle, say 3 to 4 times for a brief moment out of the 10 km stretch i drove. Since it being a new vehicle, i was little bit apprehensive.
Old 11th September 2010, 13:59   #581
BHPian

Went to VW Downtown yesterday evening and saw 2 display cars - White Automatic and Silver Petrol HL. Here are some points -

- Exterior looks - Clean and good. For me, not as dynamic like City.
- I didn't like the Brown-Beige interiors. Black-Grey would have been better.
- Dash design - Simple and neat. May be a little too simple, again for my taste!. Controls are intuitive.
- Music system - Better than expected sound quality (Probably because my expectation was that low). Still they should have planned a much better and modern unit.

- Glove box is very spacious.
- Overall space and legroom is good. Hump at the back is bad.
- Rear tow hook looks really bad.
- Boot space is good. The hump is big on the right side. The other side is ok.

- Thigh support could have been better. I felt both front and rear seat support could have been better. Probably City is better on this.
- Rear view mirror is just pathetic. But ORVM is good.Hope we could change the inner one.
- No question on build quality and overall finish. You really feel the weight while opening and closing the doors.

- I didn't feel much of an issue while getting in and out of the car, as some one had reported earlier.
- I could see that cable hanging below at both sides (As GTO reported in this review)
- Turned the headlight on. Not sure if its dependable on highways. What could be done here to improve?

- Steering adjustment range (both tilt and reach) is quite good. So is the driver seat adjustment range.
- There is a small switch at the right, bottom part of driver seat. What is that for?. Guys in showroom didn't had a clue.
- 2 years warranty, unlimited. 24/7 support, road side assist is what they claim.

- They don't have a red colour one yet. Thats what I am waiting to see.
- Having lights in cabin (Front and rear) and boot is good.
- Front arm rest is good. Though it comes in the way of hand-breaks, I didn't find it a big issue.
- Seat belt height adjustment is good.

- My wife was not happy with the rear arm rest - Looks, quality and comfort.
- Auto locks and electric window adjustments were not configured 'properly' according to them. So couldn't check much.
- 3 months wait period for any model.

Test drive looks like a distant dream.
Old 11th September 2010, 14:13   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Sure. I am going later tonight with few more friends and will give the petrol a go as well.
Went to vw,Coimbatore with my friend driving his vw polo 1.2 petrol to TD vento petrol.

Below are my observations.
1. The engine is virtually silent.
2. The car is very smooth to drive and you won't be disappointed when you drive her for your day to day city ride.
3. The difference comes into picture when you wanna throttle her in highways. The diesel's turbo is thoroughly missed in situations like overtaking. But again, this depends on your driving style and expectations from the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
- There is a small switch at the right, bottom part of driver seat. What is that for?. Guys in showroom didn't had a clue.
I did ask the vw Coimbatore guys about this switch. I was told that, when vento gets towed, an alarm would go off and this switch is to stop the alarm. Will have to check that though!

Mods- please accept my sincere apologies for typo errors and separate posts. I am sending these from my mobile.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post. Posting from mobile phone is not a valid excuse to compromise the quality of the board. Future violations may invite infractions. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th September 2010 at 16:59. Reason: Back to back posts in less than 20 minutes.
Old 11th September 2010, 21:50   #583

hi everyone!
sorry could not post earlier as was enjoying the vento to its maximum.
took the delivery from the Poona dealer on Thursday 9/9. did not take it before Thursday because of some planet behaviour ( according to my wife ).
have already done 700kgs. in 3 days.
what an excellent vehicle.
after filling diesel for the first time I have done 635 kms. & as yet the tank has to reach the half mark. the fuel consumption figure showes 20.3 km/l on the MID.
tomorrow going to Poona again & I should complete 1000 kms. by Tuesday. then will post an detailed ownership report.
bye till then.
Old 11th September 2010, 22:36   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptimanraje View Post
hi everyone!
have already done 700kgs (). in 3 days.

after filling diesel for the first time I have done 635 kms. & as yet the tank has to reach the half mark. the fuel consumption figure showes 20.3 km/l on the MID.
tomorrow going to Poona again & I should complete 1000 kms. by Tuesday.
Woah! That's quite a bit. Hope you are taking it easy on the new car (seems so from your efficiency figures)
You are getting some awesome figures! Where exactly is all this driving taking place? The Mumbai-Pune expressway?
Old 11th September 2010, 22:47   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Woah! That's quite a bit. Hope you are taking it easy on the new car (seems so from your efficiency figures)
You are getting some awesome figures! Where exactly is all this driving taking place? The Mumbai-Pune expressway?
Poona - phaltan - Satara - phaltan - kolhapur - phaltan - Poona.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks