Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2013, 21:10   #5881
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Big Blue is now officially one year old (as of 25 Feb 2013), and going like the blazes.

Average daily run (my commute to work) - 80 KM

We are creeping up on the 30K mark. ODO as of today is 29343 KM.

Average mileage as calculated full tank to full tank over 29229 KM using Fuel Log Pro on Android is 15.35 KM/L. I always fill to the brim, with air fully evacuated, so I know the pump guys cannot pull the fake stop trick on me. Also, I only ever (as far as possible, meaning 99% of the time) visit the single pump - the SUPPLYCO outlet at Pallichal on the National Highway - for those who know the area.

The average may seem low, but to anybody who knows the crowded roads in South Kerala (TVM-Neyyattinkara), it is no surprise. In fact, many days, I do the whole highway-Bypass stretch without ever once being able to shift up to 5th.

Second service should be on 26-27 March.

Last edited by pillainp : 20th March 2013 at 21:13.
Old 21st March 2013, 21:39   #5882
BHPian

Night fury completed one year this month
March 14 .
Odo reading 14800 km
Today car went for first service .
Absolute pleasurable ownership this had been till now . No issues and problems so far hence would
Be a normal service.
Most of the driving on highways and every time this car impresses me even more.
Old 21st March 2013, 22:34   #5883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post

@newtonMeter, I am too noticing a faint humming noise similar to one you mention. How did you fix this issue? Let me know since I plan to take it to palace cross to get it checked.

-Sunil
This is solved now changed the fuel pump under warranty

Finished my 15 k service. Costed me 11k. Parts changed under warranty
1. Engine mount
2. Gearbox mount
3. Fuel pump ( was making humming sound)

I also opted for extended warranty . Costed me 11867

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT button instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd March 2013 at 07:32.
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:00   #5884
BHPian

Thanks for the update @netwtonMeter. I will check with my service folks here to change the fuel pump under warranty.

BTW did you have to insist on chaging this part?
Old 22nd March 2013, 14:27   #5885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post
Thanks for the update @netwtonMeter. I will check with my service folks here to change the fuel pump under warranty.

BTW did you have to insist on chaging this part?
No, the SA told me it will be replaced under warranty

MODERATORs: there is no edit option after a certain time Kindly advice
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:35   #5886
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post

MODERATORs: there is no edit option after a certain time Kindly advice
I am no moderator, but I can tell you that the edit option is only available for 30 minutes from the time of the original post.
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:37   #5887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
The average may seem low, but to anybody who knows the crowded roads in South Kerala (TVM-Neyyattinkara), it is no surprise.
The average of 15.35 kmpl calculated over a 30000 kilometers shouldn't matter much, unless you were doing a major chunk of this thirty thousand cruising lavishly in the highest gear. In my opinion it is a good average over such a long term wherever in Kerala.

Quote:
I always fill to the brim, with air fully evacuated, so I know the pump guys cannot pull the fake stop trick on me.
Please do not fill to the brim. Auto cut off is the ideal, we have to give some air space for any expansion; even the owner's manual recommends it, right?

How does the pump guys pull the fake stop trick? I didn't get it quite. Even if the auto pump cuts off earlier, you only have to pay for what has gone in, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
there is no edit option after a certain time Kindly advice
Kindly allow me to redirect your query to this post. The edit time-frame is open only for 30 minutes from the time you post.
Old 22nd March 2013, 17:57   #5888
BHPian

Car come back from first service..
total bill 14k
There is some thing called carrier broken some time back the plastic lining below the front bumper. This happened when i driven roughly over a tricky slope.
That plastic lining disturbed and i got it fixed temporarily and driving the car till now.
other than that i think it underwent normal servicing procedure.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-ventoserv.png  

Old 24th March 2013, 11:21   #5889
BHPian

I bought my Vento TDI in Nov 2012. The car has now run about 6.3K Kms and I think I will soon need a engine oil top up (going by experience of other FMs). I got a flyer along with owner's manual which mentioned that I need to use "Castrol Edge Professional 5W-30" only.

When I checked with VW Bangalore (Hosur Road), they had no clue about this and said they only use "Castrol Magnatec Professional 5W-40" and I believe this was the recommended oil for pre 2013 MY models. The service folks seemed surprised looking at the flyer and they had not even heard of "Edge Professional" and VW had provided no info about it.

Anyone else got the flyer which mentioned "Edge Professional" ? Anyone able to source this engine oil ? I believe it may not be a great idea to top up with "Magnatec Professional" assuming "Edge Professional" is what is used by factory in my car.

Any inputs on this would be really helpful. Thanks.

Last edited by pc73 : 24th March 2013 at 11:33.
Old 24th March 2013, 11:40   #5890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashishtrivedi View Post
I have been contemplating buying a new sedan since December. Had short listed the Vento, Rapid, Verna, and Scala.

Since I stay at Santa Cruz, visited the VW Tornado Motors showroom near Milan subway. Had an absolutely appaling experience.

I was so put off by this experience, that I did decide to not buy the Vento at all. Lack of knowledge about the product you sell, lack of civility as a sales representative; not traits that one would take well. Not something one would expect from a globally renowned brand like VW.
Was extremely disappointed with the whole experience. What was even worse, I sent a mail to the showroom manager Amit about the experience, but there wasnt any reponse from their end.
Shocking.....in true VW style. I stay at Santacruz and am aware that there is a Honda and Hyundai showroom just adjacent to the VW one. Cannot understand this attitude from VW when they are easily the worst of the three dealerships in terms of sales. I always imagined having three dealerships next to each other would keep each of them on their toes. But then this is VW!!

A friend of mine who was interested in TDing the Vento had gone through the Internet to book a TD vehicle. He was called couple of days later and the first question asked was "Sir, are aware of the cost of a VW Vento?" How very customer friendly!
Old 24th March 2013, 13:54   #5891
BHPian

Wow, it looks like the Vento service month for BHPians. This Friday, got my second service done from VW Palace Cross (Rajajinagar workshop). Other than the fact that I had to drop and pickup the car (no drivers available), the experience was average. Nothing good, nothing bad. And no free engine mount / seat frame replacements for me. While this is a good thing (the car remains unopened), it makes you a little sad that you are not getting anything replaced for free. My experience with the car has been mostly trouble-free that way.

The bill came to 13k, including wheel balancing, a puncture and brake pad replacements. So far so good. Now when I checked the worn-out brake pads, I was in a for a mild shock. Two of the 4 brake pads replaced had cracks along the sides!

So does this happen ever? Do brake pads crack up like that? It seemed to be a disaster waiting to happen, had I taken a long trip before this service.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_3230.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_3235.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_3238.jpg

The brake pads are made in Italy, by the way.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 23:01   #5892
BHPian

Hi guys,
Got my Vento's 2nd service done at World Class VW, Moti Nagar earlier this month.

My co-passenger, under seat rails had rusted, and I clearly specified that to them. Although the SA initially assured me he'd get this done; at the time of delivery I was told (only when I pointed it out) that they've ordered the seat rails and would take bout a month to get that.
Am not sure bout the procedure, but everyone has got them done when they wanted. Should I escalate it, or wait another couple weeks?
Old 24th March 2013, 23:50   #5893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Hi guys,
Got my Vento's 2nd service done at World Class VW, Moti Nagar earlier this month.?
If you dont mind, can you share the service cost and also how are the service and quality levels at the moti nagar workshop? Have to get my Vento serviced there.

Regarding seat rails, maybe they were out of stock or they had no clue about the recall for seat rails. Shouldnt take a month to procure parts, a mail to VW should speed things up.
Old 25th March 2013, 11:08   #5894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Now when I checked the worn-out brake pads, I was in a for a mild shock. Two of the 4 brake pads replaced had cracks along the sides!

So does this happen ever? Do brake pads crack up like that? It seemed to be a disaster waiting to happen, had I taken a long trip before this service.

Nilesh, truly the pics are shocking and you are lucky that you changed these before any untoward incident happened. The brake pads are completely worn off , they should be replaced way before it reaches that stage - there has to be some amount of lining left. I have a feeling that the VW supplied brake pads wear off much faster than that I have experienced in my earlier cars (from the Maruti stable) thus it calls for some adjustment from our end. The brake pads in my vanto last around 20,000 km with my driving style
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 11:54   #5895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Wow, it looks like the Vento service month for BHPians. This Friday, got my second service done from VW Palace Cross (Rajajinagar workshop). Other than the fact that I had to drop and pickup the car (no drivers available), the experience was average. Nothing good, nothing bad. And no free engine mount / seat frame replacements for me. While this is a good thing (the car remains unopened), it makes you a little sad that you are not getting anything replaced for free. My experience with the car has been mostly trouble-free that way.

The bill came to 13k, including wheel balancing, a puncture and brake pad replacements. So far so good. Now when I checked the worn-out brake pads, I was in a for a mild shock. Two of the 4 brake pads replaced had cracks along the sides!

Attachment 1065454

Attachment 1065455

Attachment 1065456

This is shocking, I have got the brake pads as well as brake disc changed, but the break pads were not in this condition. I think you should take up the matter with VW. considering the amount of Mumbai Bangalore mileage that you do, I think this past is one of THE most important part in the car.
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks