Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2013, 13:11   #6031
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
*Steering feel is pathetic.I was initially very nervous at high speeds.I am much more confident now.In contrast I have never felt nervous with Cruze's steering at any speed.
Even initially I had the same feeling (I come from hydraulics), if you drive for a couple of months and it gets better, I donno why.

Recently I drove one of my friends new Vento and I had the same scary feeling, but back to my vento I felt the steering was good.

Quote:
*I didn't spot even a SINGLE Vento on road.But so many Vernas flying left and right!!WHY??
Plan a trip for Bangalore once, you will say it otherwise.
Chuchan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 13:21   #6032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
The cost lies in you're inbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Could you PM me the cost too
Why not share it out here?
The source could be kept hidden if it is a concern.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 15:21   #6033
BHPian

Guys need your honest opinion here; I find the AC in my Vento to be ineffective. Now is that a characteristic or is there a defect in my car?? Do you find that the AC is ineffective in peak summer. Car is running sans sunfilms
Old 16th April 2013, 15:31   #6034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

Why not share it out here?
The source could be kept hidden if it is a concern.
Why should it be a concern? It's an official accessory after all. Don't understand this need for secrecy frankly
crazydave is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 15:59   #6035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
Why should it be a concern? It's an official accessory after all. Don't understand this need for secrecy frankly
It's not an official accessory. At least not for Vento.
joslicx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 16:02   #6036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys need your honest opinion here; I find the AC in my Vento to be ineffective. Now is that a characteristic or is there a defect in my car?? Do you find that the AC is ineffective in peak summer. Car is running sans sunfilms
Get the filter checked. In our usage if you are on fresh air mode, it clogs up quickly.

Shark fin antenna price can be shared on the Jetta thread

Last edited by srishiva : 16th April 2013 at 16:06.
Old 16th April 2013, 16:12   #6037
BHPian

Car is one week old and always in recirculation mode!!

Chennai BHPians: How does your AC cope up??

Last edited by KINI : 16th April 2013 at 16:17.
Old 16th April 2013, 17:58   #6038
BHPian

Quote:

mine is coping well in Gurgaon. I set it to 21 degrees,press auto and press recirculation mode (no exterior air in) - chills pretty well. Make sure the direction of the louvers are correct. Feel the air coming out of the ducts. You would feel chilled air, if not, get it checked

PS: i have a CR50 on the rear glass + CR 70 windshield 3M crystalline film which i did not remove (too costly) , the windows are bare though.
newtonMeter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 18:04   #6039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am in Bangalore and even on hot days here I can feel ac is sort of compromised. It certainly isn't a chiller. No sunfilms in my car.

Although good thing about being in Bangalore is that its not much of an issue really. My ac usage is less than 50% of the time.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 18:21   #6040
Senior - BHPian

As is being observed that the stock speakers of the new 2013 (post Feb) model are not up to the mark, what speaker upgrade could be performed to improve sound but without disturbing the OE RCD 320 Music system?

Any suggestions for the make and cost for just the 4 speaker upgrade?

Last edited by dkaile : 16th April 2013 at 18:27.
Old 16th April 2013, 21:36   #6041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
mine is coping well in Gurgaon. I set it to 21 degrees,press auto and press recirculation mode (no exterior air in) - chills pretty well. Make sure the direction of the louvers are correct. Feel the air coming out of the ducts. You would feel chilled air, if not, get it checked

PS: i have a CR50 on the rear glass + CR 70 windshield 3M crystalline film which i did not remove (too costly) , the windows are bare though.
Won't fitting sunfilms on the rear glass affect the rear de-mister??

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I am in Bangalore and even on hot days here I can feel ac is sort of compromised. It certainly isn't a chiller. No sunfilms in my car.

Although good thing about being in Bangalore is that its not much of an issue really. My ac usage is less than 50% of the time.
As mentioned earlier,passengers in the rear were very disappointed with the A/C.They started sweating.My dad visited Abra Motors today morning.They are keeping the car overnight.Hope they use the time to actually diagonise the issue.

One of our moderators had an issue with the A/C in his Vento right??

Last edited by KINI : 16th April 2013 at 21:38.
Old 17th April 2013, 06:23   #6042
Senior - BHPian

1. Light on the IP will warn you if the engine overheats. Many modern cars are doing away with the temperature guage (i hate it!)

2. I think it will be inbuilt into the HU - I'm not 100% sure though. My previous HU's had microphones inbuilt into them.

3. I don't know about the key, but definitely an single alloy costs close to 20k. I wouldn't be surprised if a replacement key costs the same too - but that's something you can control compared to an alloy wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hello Guys,

1. In the Vento there is no temperature guage, so how would one know if the car has over heated?

2. His car has a BT inbuilt into the RCD320 system but he is not aware where the mic is placed. Can someone guide with a pic of the mic?

3. Someone told him that the key for the Vento costs 20k+ if lost. is it really true? Does the key replacement cost that much? Or thats the cost of the entire lock system of the car?

Thanks.

Regards,
No it will not - the heating filaments are in between the layers of glass - installing tints doesnt affect working of demister in anyways.

A/C is definitely not upto the mark in vento, especially since you are used to the cruze - the ACC isnt the best around and is sometimes unmanageable in the chennai heat. Get a set of good tints - you cant even imagine living without them in a vento. (is all the hoopla about sunfilms sorted out in chennai now?)

Quote:
Won't fitting sunfilms on the rear glass affect the rear de-mister??

As mentioned earlier,passengers in the rear were very disappointed with the A/C.They started sweating.My dad visited Abra Motors today morning.They are keeping the car overnight.Hope they use the time to actually diagonise the issue.

One of our moderators had an issue with the A/C in his Vento right??
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 09:26   #6043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post

A/C is definitely not upto the mark in vento, especially since you are used to the cruze - the ACC isnt the best around and is sometimes unmanageable in the chennai heat. Get a set of good tints - you cant even imagine living without them in a vento. (is all the hoopla about sunfilms sorted out in chennai now?)
Looks like the sunfilm issue has died down for now. But sunfilm or not, passengers in the rear shouldn't sweat right??
The VW driver who dropped my dad off at his office yesterday had mentioned that the AC was a chiller!! I'm hoping it's a minor issue that's resolved soon and not a case of design flaw
Old 17th April 2013, 10:12   #6044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm hoping it's a minor issue that's resolved soon and not a case of design flaw
Same seems to me. Previously all these VW group cars had poor ACs. When I got my Superb I was warned that the AC is pretty bad and what not. But after having used the car for the last 1 year in sweltering North Indian heat, the AC has come out a winner and is quite a chiller. I was informed by the ASC that all VW group cars had undergone AC and compressor updates to cope with the Indian summer. I am expecting the same from the Vento. Hope I am not disappointed.
Old 17th April 2013, 10:26   #6045
BHPian

I am surprised by hearing about the the performance of Vento AC, whereas Polo's manual AC is just chiller. There are many Polo ownership threads on the forum as well which also indicate the same about the Polo's AC.

Guys, if you can then try to observe the Polo's AC. I think the compressor of both the cars should be same and the major difference is only controls. So IMO some different combination of settings in the auto AC of Vento may help you (read manual settings). recirculation mode is crucial thing, please also try to observe the difference while turning on and off the recirculation.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 17th April 2013 at 10:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks