Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:36   #6076
BHPian

[quote="thoma;3099849"]

Is it their art-leather or genuine leather that you have put on? How much have those cost you? Please put some snaps if possible.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image2199362879.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image3458578579.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image3287497865.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image2696175479.jpg

These have been done at Stanley kochi and was their second car, also it wAs the first vento they did with door trims and hand rest
F458 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:53   #6077
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Weird RPM increase

Yesterday since it was raining heavily on ORR, I switched on the rear demister, in a few seconds the RPM started increasing above 1000 (usually its little less than 900 at idle). Got scared and switched off the demister and the engine. Idling without the demister, it was fine.

I tested this couple of times through ring road up to Jayanagar at traffic lights and each time RPM shot up after engaging the demister. I repeated this today morning and was not able to reproduce the problem. Not sure what was happening. Checked oil level and it was fine, not that it should have had any effect.

Any guesses on what could be wrong?

Last edited by srishiva : 23rd April 2013 at 11:56.
Old 23rd April 2013, 22:07   #6078
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by F458 View Post
These have been done at Stanley kochi and was their second car, also it wAs the first vento they did with door trims and hand rest
Thanks for sharing.

This is the first thing that came to my mind - I'm guessing that the snaps betray the workmanship [or else, I'm sure Stanley is capable of a better fit (if it is a strip and fit job rather than a pull on cover)]. How much did it cost you then? Do you remember which option/variant?

P.S: My Baleno done by Emperor, Cochin, the then dealers of Stanley.
Old 23rd April 2013, 22:11   #6079
BHPian

This could be future vento! Called the VW santana- launched in china in parallel to the skoda rapid XIN RUI. These model are similar to the VENPID (vento rapid) twins existence here in India

Again the interiors are better in VW. But rapid steals the exteriors

VW
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image2874860964.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image240827503.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image2725824495.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image3380765808.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image467045943.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image2532302568.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image385601942.jpg

SKODA

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image1961270842.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image2266945770.jpg

COMPARO

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image701704182.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image398065390.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image1715236469.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image3787294856.jpg
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 22:25   #6080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
This could be future vento! Called the VW Santana
By the "Looks" of it, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in India

For now though, Santana can entertain China. We Indian's are better off with the current Vento.
Old 23rd April 2013, 22:30   #6081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post

For now though, Santana can entertain China. We Indian's are better off with the current Vento.
+1 to that, except that the tail lights split at the back do look good, and, head lights look more powerful?
Old 23rd April 2013, 22:54   #6082
Senior - BHPian

The Santana looks like a baby Passat. The family look philosophy seems to have taken root in VW, fist the Jetta and now this, wonder when they will reign in the Golf.
Old 23rd April 2013, 23:33   #6083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
This could be future vento! Called the VW santana- launched in china in parallel to the skoda rapid XIN RUI. These model are similar to the VENPID (vento rapid) twins existence here in India

Again the interiors are better in VW. But rapid steals the exteriors
I don't think these are Polo based sedans. The Rapid XIN RUI is surely not the Indian Rapid, its either European rapid otherwise it is new Octavia. And if the VW sedan is similar to the Skoda sedan then its not the India Vento.

Interiors are also different then Polo based cars manufactured and sold worldwide.

I think they introduced the New Octavia or international Rapid in China and then they cloned it and changed facia to VW stable design, thats it. This job is similar to how they cloned Vento and changed the face to Skoda design and made it Rapid in India.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 23rd April 2013 at 23:38.
Old 24th April 2013, 15:35   #6084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Thanks newtonMeter. Mine is Feb 12 manufactured.
VIN No : WVWB12602CT031956

1. Yes I asked about it and requested for the same to the Sr Technician. The SA did not tell me anything about it. The Sr Tech said we dont do it for all customers and especially all 3 together as it creates problem in their audit.

2. I got my SW updated in Nov 12 when I went it for a regular check up. You may check my below post about the SW update :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2957172

Regards,
Aniket
Hi Aniket,

My VIN (WVWB12602CT031780) is similar to yours and I have left my car for service on Monday (22-Apr) and I told the SA that there are warranty replacements (Clutch hose pipe, engine and gear mount) for Vento TDI.
He said he will check and get back, today I was supposed to go and get the delivery and now SA is saying there he hasn't changed anything as there is no problem. Also he said there is no device in Vento TDI as Clutch hose pipe

I blasted back and he said he will check and get back.

All fellow Vento'pians please help, what can I do to handle this situation.
Old 24th April 2013, 15:40   #6085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post
Also he said there is no device in Vento TDI as Clutch hose pipe

I blasted back and he said he will check and get back.

All fellow Vento'pians please help, what can I do to handle this situation.
You pick up the part number from the picture in my post and give it to him. Also, the part decription in the picture is : TUBE-/HOSE LINE which we are calling as clutch hose pipe.
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 19:46   #6086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
You pick up the part number from the picture in my post and give it to him. Also, the part decription in the picture is : TUBE-/HOSE LINE which we are calling as clutch hose pipe.
Thanks for the reply Aniket, I had a nice fight with SA and now he is ready to give replacement if there is any proof of replacements for other customers, I am planning to take your post with pics and show them.
Also, I don't see any mention of these warranty replacements on the bill, did they give any other proof for warranty replacements?(All the three of them Clutch Hose, Engine and Gear Box mount) If so, is it possible to scan that as well.

TIA..

Last edited by Chuchan : 24th April 2013 at 19:47.
Old 24th April 2013, 21:36   #6087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post
Thanks for the reply Aniket, I had a nice fight with SA and now he is ready to give replacement if there is any proof of replacements for other customers, I am planning to take your post with pics and show them.
Wow, this is what it has come down to now? You have to fight to get legitimate replacements acknowledged, let alone done!! Hats off VW!

Looks like I need to pick up a fight with someone now

Does anybody know the VIN / Manufacturing date ranges for which these bulletins have been issued? Can someone find out?
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 23:07   #6088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post

Does anybody know the VIN / Manufacturing date ranges for which these bulletins have been issued? Can someone find out?
I am looking for the exact same details, if someone could help with some official link or something would be great.

TIA..
Old 27th April 2013, 13:24   #6089
BHPian

I seem to have a peculiar concern with my Vento TDI, guys.. and was wondering if anyone has faced this:

When I hit the brakes really hard at high speed (above 80km), I hear a grinding sound from the brakes.. like something is getting meshed up. This has happened thrice for me in the last 2 weeks and it's freaking me out cause when I hear that sound the tendency is to lift my foot off the brake pedal, which in turn is another problem considering that I am hitting it hard to avoid a potentially dangerous situation in the first place.

When I asked the VW guys about it, they say it's probably the ABS with EBD kicking in. But if that's the case, why doesn't the car slow down further? The moment I hear the grinding sound, it feels like the brakes won't go any further.. which is really weird cause the same brakes work beautifully & without any of the drama if used in a non-stomping kinda way.

I'm so freaked out about it that I am now always thinking twice before hitting it hard. Any thoughts, guys?
Old 27th April 2013, 13:51   #6090
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey645 View Post
I seem to have a peculiar concern with my Vento TDI, guys.. and was wondering if anyone has faced this:

When I hit the brakes really hard at high speed (above 80km), I hear a grinding sound from the brakes.. like something is getting meshed up. This has happened thrice for me in the last 2 weeks and it's freaking me out cause when I hear that sound the tendency is to lift my foot off the brake pedal, which in turn is another problem considering that I am hitting it hard to avoid a potentially dangerous situation in the first place.

When I asked the VW guys about it, they say it's probably the ABS with EBD kicking in. But if that's the case, why doesn't the car slow down further? The moment I hear the grinding sound, it feels like the brakes won't go any further.. which is really weird cause the same brakes work beautifully & without any of the drama if used in a non-stomping kinda way.

I'm so freaked out about it that I am now always thinking twice before hitting it hard. Any thoughts, guys?
It probably is the ABS like the VW guys told you. What you described seems to be the ABS kicking in. How many kms has your car run? It could be your tyres are getting worn out causing the ABS to kick in earlier, or possible the road surface hasn't been that great.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks