Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2013, 23:40   #6391

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
It does NOT display the name, just the number. Address book does not sync with the HU.

I will check the other query later when i get to the car and get back to you on that.
Thanks for the clarification! However, that is rather disappointing. During the TD, I noticed that a connected call did not get disconnected when cranking up the engine. I particularly tested this feature as I have noticed that in my friend's Verna, calls get disconnected and almost takes a min or so to reconnect or re-pair up when you crank up the engine. Really surprising that the address book is not synced in the Vento. The Verna displays names though. Maybe I will need to wait until I change the HU completely (ones which have better telephony features and ones that works with the steering controls).
Old 7th August 2013, 10:51   #6392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawg55555 View Post
2) Is it true that the door lock buttons only lock the doors from the outside and not inside? i.e Though the doors are 'locked' at the driver's controls, any door can still be opened from inside (except where child lock has been enabled).
Once the locks get engaged, the doors cannot be opened from outside but all of them can be opened from inside by pulling the lever. For the rear doors if the child locks have been activated, once the doors are locked they cannot be opened from inside or outside.
samarjitdhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 11:36   #6393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Sorry for not being clear. The light sensors historically have been located near the instrument panel. This is how they worked before the backlit panels came into existence. Vento does not have a backlit panel (not talking about the MID).

You should always have the light sensor where there would be less light and you would need the lights to go on. When sunlight fades, the area in the instrument panel roundabout is the first one that fades even more and its mandatory that you have clear access to the instruments. Hence the sensors were placed there before. This is how it was done in cars. Things might have changed
Aah..Now I got what you are saying. Perhaps in the older models. Pretty sure that all modern cars have their sensors on the windscreen ( Usually Rain + Light). And it has to be at a place where the wiper can reach. And this location will be at the rear view mirror mount.
Old 7th August 2013, 18:06   #6394
BHPian

So this finally happened

My first logo theft in over 8 years of car ownership.

Name:  image1893440087.png
Views: 2146
Size:  156.0 KB

Any idea on the price of a new logo? I am simply dreading to go to the service centre just for this

Sid
Old 7th August 2013, 18:10   #6395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
So this finally happened

My first logo theft in over 8 years of car ownership.
Any idea on the price of a new logo? I am simply dreading to go to the service centre just for this
Sid
Check on ebay , these logos are available . I bought a set of 4 for my wheels which are as good as the original ones ( maybe better as they have clip shut mechanism)
Old 7th August 2013, 18:28   #6396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post

Check on ebay , these logos are available . I bought a set of 4 for my wheels which are as good as the original ones ( maybe better as they have clip shut mechanism)
Well my search revealed these the ones with LED

http://www.ebay.in/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-SK...741d3b5&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.in/itm/VOLKSVAGGEN-V...2608a05&_uhb=1

These seem pretty cheap,may just use them sans the light

Sid

Last edited by siddharthdeb : 7th August 2013 at 18:29.
Old 8th August 2013, 00:52   #6397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Jeez you wouldn't want to put those bling on such a classic looking car. IIRC the price of logos have come down. Last I read it was around Rs. 750. Have it fixed with Araldite, should make it irremovable.

Quote:
Can you please share the Ebay link. How are CPC2 on Vento keeping up?
Old 8th August 2013, 07:00   #6398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Jeez you wouldn't want to put those bling on such a classic looking car. IIRC the price of logos have come down. Last I read it was around Rs. 750. Have it fixed with Araldite, should make it irremovable.

Well that is exactly why I haven't ordered them yet, its going to the service centre that is massive pain, they will take forever to give this. I was looking for the easy way out bit looks like there is no other way.

Sid
Old 8th August 2013, 08:20   #6399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Sorry for not being clear. The light sensors historically have been located near the instrument panel. This is how they worked before the backlit panels came into existence. Vento does not have a backlit panel (not talking about the MID).

You should always have the light sensor where there would be less light and you would need the lights to go on. When sunlight fades, the area in the instrument panel roundabout is the first one that fades even more and its mandatory that you have clear access to the instruments. Hence the sensors were placed there before. This is how it was done in cars. Things might have changed
well explained srishiva
And that is where it is in my car too. Don't have a vento though. Cover the panel with the palm of your hand and the backlit display will go off in a car which has it.

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 8th August 2013 at 08:22.
Old 8th August 2013, 10:09   #6400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sid
Sid , trying searching on ebay.com rather than ebay.in . The ones that are sent from HK or Shenzen are good , thats where I got these from . You cannot differentiate with the ones that you get from the workshop ,comes at a fraction of the cost and most importantly you save on time too

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
There are a lot of vendors so its best to search for it on ebay.com , vento logo has similar specs as polo . Since I bought it a year back , the link would surely be broken.

The CPC2 tyres are doing great , absolutely no complaints at all in the 21-22K kms I have done on them . I love them
Old 8th August 2013, 11:53   #6401
BHPian

Quote:

Sid , trying searching on ebay.com rather than ebay.in . The ones that are sent from HK or Shenzen are good , thats where I got these from . You cannot differentiate with the ones that you get from the workshop ,comes at a fraction of the cost and most importantly you save on time too

There are a lot of vendors so its best to search for it on ebay.com , vento logo has similar specs as polo . Since I bought it a year back , the link would surely be broken.

The CPC2 tyres are doing great , absolutely no complaints at all in the 21-22K kms I have done on them . I love them

Well that's what I will have to do, the miscreants tried to steal the front one but failed, but it is now with me with broken clips.

A quick call to VW revealed a price of 2200-2500 for the front logo and 1800 for the rear logo.

Sid

Mod Note: Please refer the PM sent.

Last edited by noopster : 8th August 2013 at 14:45.
Old 8th August 2013, 14:42   #6402
BHPian

Quote:

A quick call to VW revealed a price of 2200-2500 for the front logo and 1800 for the rear logo.

Sid
Do re-check the price of the logos with VW dealer again. Try a different dealer/service station. After my Vento's logos were stolen in Feb, I had new ones put at the VW service station here and, IIRC, I paid 750-800 for the front logo and 1800 for the rear logo.

Regards
ASVA
Old 8th August 2013, 14:50   #6403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASVA View Post

Do re-check the price of the logos with VW dealer again. Try a different dealer/service station. After my Vento's logos were stolen in Feb, I had new ones put at the VW service station here and, IIRC, I paid 750-800 for the front logo and 1800 for the rear logo.

Regards
ASVA
VW dealer quoted 1750 to replace front logo on my Vento in 2011-12. Rear logo is also about the same. Please let us know which dealer quoted you 800.
Old 8th August 2013, 15:03   #6404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
VW dealer quoted 1750 to replace front logo on my Vento in 2011-12. Rear logo is also about the same. Please let us know which dealer quoted you 800.
I had the logos replaced at VW service centre - Rajajinagar. I recall paying a total of 2500-2700 in Feb/March '13. Will dig up the bill and see if my memory has served me right.

Regards
ASVA

Just got off the phone with VW Palace Cross Service Center, Rajajinagar. They quoted 550 for the front logo and 1900 for the rear logo.

Last edited by ASVA : 8th August 2013 at 15:21. Reason: Confirmed price of logos
ASVA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 19:17   #6405
BHPian

Quote:
This is attrocious pricing for the logo badges. A couple of years back, my Ford Fiesta grill logo was whacked and the same cost me about 700 bucks if i remember correctly at Metro Ford. Another option if i may suggest is to check with a salvage dealer. They typically stock such stuff.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks