Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2013, 20:52   #6406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASVA View Post

I had the logos replaced at VW service centre - Rajajinagar. I recall paying a total of 2500-2700 in Feb/March '13. Will dig up the bill and see if my memory has served me right.

Regards
ASVA

Just got off the phone with VW Palace Cross Service Center, Rajajinagar. They quoted 550 for the front logo and 1900 for the rear logo.
This is crazy the gap between the two places is over a 1000 bucks.

I don't know how VW manages this disparity.

Any kind bhpians buy the logo and ship it to me in Mumbai

Sid
Old 9th August 2013, 10:39   #6407
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
VW dealer quoted 1750 to replace front logo on my Vento in 2011-12. Rear logo is also about the same. Please let us know which dealer quoted you 800.
Man, chrome and its tales. My uncle who is a supplier to a few companies for their logo's told me once, that a very prominent Japanese brand(not Maruti), gets their logo for 45 Rs per piece to factory and sells it to outside vendors for around 150 a piece.

The company and vendors later can sell these logo's for anything between a 1000 to 2000 Rs a piece.

Another piece of information, a Mercedes logo and a Toyota logo costs the same to make but sell more than double the price difference.

There is one case where even the supplier is same company.
eq24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 10:48   #6408
BHPian

Price for VW front emblem/logo for Polo/Vento has come down to Rs 500. If any dealers are selling the logo at same previous price of around 1800/- or anything over 500 then either they are selling old stock bought at older price or trying to make money in wrong ways.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 9th August 2013 at 10:50.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:03   #6409
Senior - BHPian

Also I heard the VW was replacing stolen logos for free as a goodwill gesture in some dealerships especially Mumbai. At least their sister concern Skoda was.
Old 10th August 2013, 13:21   #6410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Also I heard the VW was replacing stolen logos for free as a goodwill gesture in some dealerships especially Mumbai. At least their sister concern Skoda was.
I have my doubt VW was running a program like that. The VW guys are notorious, i think they charge you for the air you are breathing in the premises. The sheer disparity in pricing is in fathomable.

Any Mumbai bhpians using other than Downtown as there after sales service point know the prices of the logos?

Sid
Old 11th August 2013, 17:15   #6411
BHPian

My Vento TDi has clocked 28800 kms since December 2010 and is now soon due for its 30000kms service. Any one recently has done his 30000kms service and what are the parts that require replacement and what are the approx costs for the same? I have heard that 30000kms service is quite expensive for the vento diesel.
Old 11th August 2013, 17:20   #6412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
My Vento TDi has clocked 28800 kms since December 2010 and is now soon due for its 30000kms service. Any one recently has done his 30000kms service and what are the parts that require replacement and what are the approx costs for the same? I have heard that 30000kms service is quite expensive for the vento diesel.
There are quite a few of us who have crossed that mark , my car has done 48000 kms . I don't remember anything significantly different from the earlier services though . At 30,000 the additional stuff that they MAY change are the brake discs , however you can pre-empt that by getting the disc machined rather than replacing it which is absolutely safe. Would save you around 2.5-3 grands . Apart from that I can't recollect anything different .

P.S- I always get my wheel balancing and alignment done outside and make sure that they do not fill my wiper fluid as I use another solution

Last edited by souravc : 11th August 2013 at 17:21.
Old 14th August 2013, 06:15   #6413
BHPian

I have added FXR upgrade details in my thread.
Please let me know your comments.

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 14th August 2013 at 06:23.
Old 15th August 2013, 16:25   #6414
BHPian

With the phone paired on the RCD320, while talking in the handsfree mode, the person on the other side gets lot of hissing sound, this is specifically when the engine is running. Have fellow Vento owners with RCD 320 faced such issue ?
Old 15th August 2013, 17:10   #6415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
With the phone paired on the RCD320, while talking in the handsfree mode, the person on the other side gets lot of hissing sound, this is specifically when the engine is running. Have fellow Vento owners with RCD 320 faced such issue ?
Does it happen at all times? In my case it's not the hissing sound, but the air con sound. The microphone is installed just below the left central air con. If I reduce the fan speed, or adjust the air flow, it's does not bother the person on the other side. Try that and see. Of its not the air con sound then you should report it to the vw.
Old 16th August 2013, 07:12   #6416
BHPian

I am buying one and booked a Pepper grey Highline TDi last week. The dealer gave me the VIN and with the TBHP decoder thread, I found that I am getting a June 2013 car. He says that this is the new model. Can you guys advise if this is ok?
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 12:59   #6417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I found that I am getting a June 2013 car. He says that this is the new model. Can you guys advise if this is ok?
I dont think there is anything wrong in this, last year i got my Vento on 17th July and the car was May manufactured.

Just carry the team bhp pdi checklist and thoroughly check the car before registration. Congrats for your new Vento.
Old 16th August 2013, 13:59   #6418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I am buying one and booked a Pepper grey Highline TDi last week. The dealer gave me the VIN and with the TBHP decoder thread, I found that I am getting a June 2013 car. He says that this is the new model. Can you guys advise if this is ok?

Just make sure that you are getting nlack headlamps,steering controls,6 spoke alloys and leatherette seats...VW has "apparantly stopped" offering these features.At least thats what my dealer told me.
Old 16th August 2013, 15:25   #6419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakchow View Post
Just make sure that you are getting nlack headlamps,steering controls,6 spoke alloys and leatherette seats...VW has "apparantly stopped" offering these features.At least thats what my dealer told me.
I'm not sure if your dealer is trying to pull a fast one, but a person I know took delivery of a white Highline with blackened headlamps last week.
Old 16th August 2013, 15:36   #6420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
I'm not sure if your dealer is trying to pull a fast one, but a person I know took delivery of a white Highline with blackened headlamps last week.
I have taken Delivery of a Shadow Blue Highline MT on the 1st of this month and it has all the features(mine is a June-13 car).He mentioned that these features are missing in the latest batch that he has received.(Probably July manuf cars.)

I was ok with car because it was in the colour that I(and home minister) loved and the Manufacturers certificate and invoice was dated 16th June 2013. Therefore i essentially got a 45 day old car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks