Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2013, 16:11   #6421
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakchow View Post
Just make sure that you are getting nlack headlamps,steering controls,6 spoke alloys and leatherette seats...VW has "apparantly stopped" offering these features.At least thats what my dealer told me.
AFIK, these are the key features that differentiate the Highline from the Trendline. If they are removed then there is no incentive to shell out extra cash and choose the Highline. I doubt VW would do this, esp with the competition doing the reverse.
Old 17th August 2013, 08:43   #6422
BHPian

Thanks guys. Can't wait to get the car. VW finance is kinda slow and so not sure if we will be getting our car on the expected date.

OT: went to settle loan for the Spark @ HDFC. Very quick and they gave the NOC within an hour. Awesome job from the bank.
Old 17th August 2013, 10:44   #6423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
So this finally happened

My first logo theft in over 8 years of car ownership.

Attachment 1122635

Any idea on the price of a new logo? I am simply dreading to go to the service centre just for this

Sid

One quick clarification, can any once confirm if the rear emblem on the Polo and the Vento is of the same size? Also are the Jetta/Golf rear emblem the same size that of vento?

Are the front logo for Jetta/Golf same size as that of vento?

All intentional sites have Golf/Polo logos. I wanted to be sure before ordering

Thanks in advance
Sid
Old 17th August 2013, 15:12   #6424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post

Does it happen at all times? In my case it's not the hissing sound, but the air con sound. The microphone is installed just below the left central air con. If I reduce the fan speed, or adjust the air flow, it's does not bother the person on the other side. Try that and see. Of its not the air con sound then you should report it to the vw.
Yes it happens all the time. Let me try your suggestion.
Old 17th August 2013, 19:05   #6425
Senior - BHPian

Small Information:

Not many be aware of official timing of VW 1.6 TDi under Vento and also Polo. Here it is
  • Well the 0-100 timing stands at 10.86 seconds for Vento HL 1.6 TDi.
  • In Polo 1.6 TDi GT(what it may be called over here) does 0-100 in 10.4 seconds.
  • Got the info from below attached pdf by bhpian carthick1000 on Polo 1.2 TSi Official review thread.
  • VW Polo 1.2 TSi 0-100 at 9.7 sec is the only fastest car within the same price bracket.

The timing for Polo 1.6 TDi is from pdf whereas for Vento; Cross Polo weights 1229 same as Vento TDi HL at 1220. Some correction with equations, derived time came at 10.86 seconds.

With some decent upgrades like remap 128 HP & 327 Nm torque, Continental CPC2 195 60 R15 and Brembo brake pads, Vento would become all together different beast. New Year wish list drafted.

polo_preisliste.pdf
Old 25th August 2013, 17:10   #6426
BHPian

Just an update guys, since there was diesel leak from the left side of the vento's engine , asked the SA to check and
they reverted saying the entire diesel pressure injecting sytem needs to be changed and it will be Rs 90k!!!.

Since my warranty was over already , checked whether this can included in the warranty.
Later he called and told me that VW has replied saying the component price will be paid by VW, but I needed to pay the labour.
So got my vento 2 days back after being in the EVM for 1 and half week with labour cost 6800. Hmmm

BTW its a vento tdi higline with 64000 to the odo.
Old 26th August 2013, 11:21   #6427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
Just an update guys, since there was diesel leak from the left side of the vento's engine , asked the SA to check and
they reverted saying the entire diesel pressure injecting sytem needs to be changed and it will be Rs 90k!!!..
Thats the fuel injecting system, right ? Did they mention why this is likely to happen ? Sheer bad luck or is it fuel quality ? Did your injector develop a crack ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
Later he called and told me that VW has replied saying the component price will be paid by VW, but I needed to pay the labour. So got my vento 2 days back after being in the EVM for 1 and half week with labour cost 6800. Hmmm
You are extremely lucky I must say , Rs 6800 for change of injection system when one if out of warranty is a great deal anyday . Hope you have trouble free run on your car going forward
Old 26th August 2013, 11:42   #6428
BHPian

@souravc

Yep, its the fuel injecting system and nope there was no crack. They said it may be due to fuel quality being not that good. But i asked them, then why is the filter used ?
And they had no answer for that.

I am assuming VW knows these problems and are changing it freely when a customer arrives rather than asking customers to come and get it changed.
There is also a chance that my assumption is totally wrong and this may have been a nice and good gesture from VW for changing it free with labour charges only.

BTW my vento comes in the initial batches which were shipped within 6 months after the product was announced.
Old 26th August 2013, 11:49   #6429
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I had a peculiar problem. The car was parked and I switched on the car and the AC. The air was not cold even at a setting of 18 degrees. And also, my windows were not operating at all. A restart of the engine still had the same problems. However, after driving for 10 minutes and forgetting about the feature (!), found everything was fine again.

Battery is 1 month old and its not power related problem. Looks like some logic had stalled. I was starting the car after 15 hours of rest so heat cant be a problem too.
Old 26th August 2013, 12:34   #6430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Yesterday I had a peculiar problem. The car was parked and I switched on the car and the AC. The air was not cold even at a setting of 18 degrees. And also, my windows were not operating at all. A restart of the engine still had the same problems. However, after driving for 10 minutes and forgetting about the feature (!), found everything was fine again.
Same thing has happened twice with me but only AC was found to be not working. Restarted the car again and all was working fine. May be due to some computer error, but touchwood all fine. Nothing much to worry.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 13:21   #6431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Same thing has happened twice with me but only AC was found to be not working. Restarted the car again and all was working fine. May be due to some computer error, but touchwood all fine. Nothing much to worry.
I have exactly the same problem once in a while - the blower runs with no cooling . Switch off the car, restart and the problem vanishes.
Old 27th August 2013, 20:19   #6432
BHPian

Apparantly VW has reduced costs for some of the spare parts for Vento. One of my lovely neighbour (female) dinked the tail light of my parked car while she was parking hers. She agreed to pay for the damage and I thought when she will hear the cost of Vento's tail light she will have a heart attack. I assumed it to be in the range of 6-7 K atleast. Suprisingly it was 3400 earlier and now the price has reduced to 1750. Wow!! Thats cheap a lot cheap by VW standards. Overall bill 1851 with 100 rs as labour. I confirmed the cost of bumpers now is 11K each. I am quite sure that earlier it was higher. I think VW is coming to ground in terms of spare parts cost considering the stiff competition and the image that they carry in market today.

My workshop experience was also a lot better this time. I was out of the workshop in 1 hour 10 minutes which inlcuded, job card creation and all the other formalities and then the actual replacement of the light. I just hope this is the begining of a better era in VW after sales although I still feel it is too early to be happy or excited about it.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 22:01   #6433
BHPian

Fellow vento owners, I was wondering if the spoiler advertised for the rapid is :

1) A good fit for the vento?
2) Void any warranty?
3)Reduce rear visibility?
4)Affect stability,aerodynamics and/or handling?

It looked good,but am in a dilemma whether to pay 9000 Rs.(advertised on t-bhp by dayanand) and go for it.

I own a shadow blue HL.

Any suggestions friends?
Old 27th August 2013, 23:56   #6434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fellow vento owners, I was wondering if the spoiler advertised for the rapid is :

1) A good fit for the vento?
Yes. Both Rapid and Vento are the same cars. The spoiler will fit in perfectly on a Vento.

Quote:
2) Void any warranty?
VW is very tricky in these scenarios. Paint warranty or any other thing getting affected near the boot, VW may cry foul. But if you can mange to convince the SA, nothing like it.

Quote:
3)Reduce rear visibility?
Maybe. But spoiler will hamper the high mounted brake light and may not be visible to the rear car due to it.

Quote:
4)Affect stability,aerodynamics and/or handling?
I don't think so, it would any difference on stability front. Regarding aerodynamics, we would need to do a wind tunnel test to find out. Given that we occasionally drive cars above 120 Kmph, it certainly won't make much difference.

I prefer only factory installed spoiler, as drilling hole in the boot to attach it makes me cry.

Rather I would invest in a remap which costs above Rs 25000 and get that done as it will definitely improve cars driving dynamics and performance.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 06:45   #6435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I prefer only factory installed spoiler, as drilling hole in the boot to attach it makes me cry.
The spoiler on the Rapid is a clip-on type. No drilling required and you can take it off and put it back on whenever required. I have it on my Rapid. The only thing to lookout for is the color match between the spoiler and the car.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks