Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2013, 23:09   #6466
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Hi

I need help from vento owners. I recently discovered that Vento diesel has under body protection for the engine bay. I am, along with other Rapid owners on the forum, considering to have the same installed on our cars also after procuring it from VW.

The problem however is that we are not sure what exactly is this thing. The other day I had visited the VW workshop and was shown the part below as being from one of the Ventos which is actually the protection for the engine bay. But one of the fellow bhp-ian says that his car has a fabric like material under the engine bay. Hence, the doubt whether the pic below is actually of Vento's part or that of polo.

The part number is 6RO825902A and the price quoted was Rs. 5500.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img2013090700217.jpg  

Last edited by torque18 : 11th September 2013 at 23:11.
Old 12th September 2013, 00:57   #6467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Are you sure its for Vento and specifically for any variant like TDi or for petrol. I have checked couple of Vento TDi but never came across any underbody cover even in TDi, just a plain simple fabric one.

Did a bit of Googling and found its actually called a skid plate and the part number is very much valid. But couldn't find if its for any specific variant.

Are you planning to get it for your Vento TDi? Do let us know. Let me try checking up with the parts manager at VW Navi Mumbai for the given number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
And here's full picture (crop I had teased earlier)

Full report here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3234826
Thanks for sharing. Excellent work done by UD.
Old 12th September 2013, 01:14   #6468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Are you sure its for Vento and specifically for any variant like TDi or for petrol. I have checked couple of Vento TDi but never came across any underbody cover even in TDi, just a plain simple fabric one.

Did a bit of Googling and found its actually called a skid plate and the part number is very much valid. But couldn't find if its for any specific variant.

Are you planning to get it for your Vento TDi? Do let us know. Let me try checking up with the parts manager at VW Navi Mumbai for the given number.
I have been told by VW that only Tdi gets this cladding. The part name in the inventory probably is under-run bar. I had seen this on a polo and when I went again to check for the Vento's, I was shown this. I am not sure if its same for polo and vento because, like you mentioned, vento apparently has that fabric thing. But may be VW started giving this in the later models.

And no I don't have a Vento Tdi, but its sibling Rapid Tdi
Old 12th September 2013, 18:03   #6469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today I checked the part number with the parts manager at VW Navi Mumbai and he confirms its definitely for both Polo as well as for Vento. So definitely it can be installed in Vento as well.

Next I asked him about whether it is for both petrol or diesel or specifically for one? To which he said that he isn't aware technically about it and asked me to contact Service Adviser for further probing.

If someone decides to get it installed in their car, it would give a much better perspective. I had gone to the workshop last week itself, if this news would have been out earlier, would have definitely checked it out.

Are you planning to get it installed in your Rapid TDi?

Quote:
Joslicx can you check whether your car has any under body cover just like in the above post by @torque18.
Old 12th September 2013, 19:24   #6470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Joslicx can you check whether your car has any under body cover just like in the above post by @torque18.
There is no underbody car cover in my Vento! I think its not there in any Vento Petrols. As far as I know its there only in Polo TDIs.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 21:19   #6471
BHPian

Quote:
Today I checked the part number with the parts manager at VW Navi Mumbai and he confirms its definitely for both Polo as well as for Vento. So definitely it can be installed in Vento as well.

Next I asked him about whether it is for both petrol or diesel or specifically for one? To which he said that he isn't aware technically about it and asked me to contact Service Adviser for further probing.

If someone decides to get it installed in their car, it would give a much better perspective. I had gone to the workshop last week itself, if this news would have been out earlier, would have definitely checked it out.

Are you planning to get it installed in your Rapid TDi?

Quote:
There is no underbody car cover in my Vento! I think its not there in any Vento Petrols. As far as I know its there only in Polo TDIs.
Its only for the Tdi's I was informed. Probably they have started giving this after getting a better perspective of our road conditions

And yes, I am very much interested in getting it installed as Rapid does not get any kind of under body protection for the engine bay, not even the fabric type. However, my car has already been through the nightmarish roads and survived without any damage. But an added protection never harms. Just wish the price was a bit reasonable though.
Old 13th September 2013, 13:57   #6472
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

the protection for the engine bay. But one of the fellow bhp-ian says that his car has a fabric like material under the engine bay. Hence, the doubt whether the pic below is actually of Vento's part or that of polo.

Yes the BHPian is right, I checked last night, my Vento TDI has a thick cloth kinda covering. No plastics there
Old 14th September 2013, 19:41   #6473
BHPian

Guys,
Got my new Vento TDI Highline pepper grey last week. My VIN number is WVWH13605ETO15687. According to the VIN, the 10th alphabet denotes the model year and in my case its E, which means it's a 2014 model! How is this possible?
Old 14th September 2013, 23:22   #6474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama75 View Post
Guys,
Got my new Vento TDI Highline pepper grey last week. My VIN number is WVWH13605ETO15687. According to the VIN, the 10th alphabet denotes the model year and in my case its E, which means it's a 2014 model! How is this possible?
Oops, I have been thinking that the 4th alphabet stood for month and 5th and 6th for year!

But this post says that "If you purchase a vehicle in 2010 and found the 10th digit is B It doesn't mean that it produced in year 2011. It only shows the MODEL YEAR". And this site says further "Digit 10: The model year. For Volkswagens, this is the year from 1 August to 31 July as before."

But the VIN in this site has a 10th digit T!

Last edited by thoma : 14th September 2013 at 23:38.
Old 14th September 2013, 23:27   #6475
BHPian

I need to have an answer to a simple question:

I need to give my Vento to service (45K) in a week or so, just after Onam.

My issue is this. I was forced to give the car for 30K service a few hundred kilometers before the car actually hit 30000KM. Now my ODO shows that the car still has around 1000KM to go to reach 45K KM, but the service indicator shows that there is only 600 or so KM remaining till the service interval is reached.

Will the Service Center people create a hassle if I give the car for service only when the car has actually reached 45000KM, instead of when the service indicator reaches 0?

If I wait till I actually reach 45000 KM, the service indicator will have exceeded the ~600 KM remaining, and will, presumably display a negative value or a persistent warning.

If I give the car for service when the indicator reaches 0, I will still be carrying the excess 400 odd KM into the next service interval.
Old 14th September 2013, 23:47   #6476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post

I need to give my Vento to service (45K) in a week or so, just after Onam.l
Don't worry if you give the car at 45000 kms. A few kms here and there wont be any issue. As such service is recommended at 45000 kms and since you gave the car a bit earlier to them you can always give that excuse to them if they talk about what service indicator says. I don't SA are so technically inclined towards these small nuances. Give the car at a time when you are confortable at
Old 15th September 2013, 00:32   #6477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
A simple answer, no pun intended. Once you complete the ~600km, or earlier, call up your SA and check with him if it is okay to continue if a warning comes up. Though I think that the odo is the one to go after, I have seen some SAs cribbing about what we did wrong even if it is excusable. Once you have asked, you can always tell that you were advised. In the meantime, you can fix up the appointment too.
Old 15th September 2013, 23:36   #6478
BHPian

Fellow Vento owners need your help here.

I was driving home tonight about 30 minutes ago and suddenly there was a "phat phat" noise. At first i thought it was a flat and got down to check but all the tyres seemed fine. I started driving and again the noise started it would increase in frequency with speed and reduce accordingly. I stopped again thinking a mud flap has come loose but it all seemed to be in place. Luckily i was close to home and finally drove in 1st gear all the way back home at snails pace. The noise persisted irrespective of speed.

I was driving from Colaba to Navi Mumbai via the Eastern Freeway. There were many places where there was significant water logging along the Freeway. I was doing 60 kmph but a couple of times couldnt slow down in time to wade through water. I wonder if the noise has anything to do with this. The noise though started much later once i had reached Navi Mumbai.

I tried checking out the underbody but couldnt see anything amiss. While driving we figured out that the noise was coming right below the centre hump on the rear seat floor.

Anybody know what this could be or have faced a similar problem? Please advise.

Also tried reaching the 24 hour Road-Side assistance to get my vehicle towed to the service centre on a flat bed and was informed that it has expired for my vehicle (i guess its for a fixed duration) and was advised that i speak to the dealership directly. Also flat bed charges are INR 5500 for first 40 kms

Off topic: Its amazing that the dealership will sell you almost everything but road side assistance!
Old 16th September 2013, 00:58   #6479
Senior - BHPian

While I do not own a VW (thank God) but anyhow the noise seems to be coming from your exhaust system given the nature of the problem, it's effects and your comment that it is arising from under your rear seat etc etc

The only other probable source of such a noise could be from one of the belts under the bonnet. A belt may be in the process of shredding off and the shredded part while going around the pulleys will make this noise as it hits various objects. For this you can do a visual check of the belts with the engine off and then on at idling speed in the morning under sunlight. However if you have not experienced either a heavy steering or loss of air conditioning it will in all probability be the exhaust, in which case you can drive the vehicle to the service centre in Nerul.

As for the dealer not selling you the options it seems he got inspired by your signature line..

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Fellow Vento owners need your help here.

Off topic: Its amazing that the dealership will sell you almost everything but road side assistance!
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 01:09   #6480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
While I do not own a VW (thank God) but anyhow the noise seems to be coming from your exhaust system given the nature of the problem, it's effects and your comment that it is arising from under your rear seat etc etc

The only other probable source of such a noise could be from one of the belts under the bonnet. A belt may be in the process of shredding off and the shredded part while going around the pulleys will make this noise as it hits various objects. For this you can do a visual check of the belts with the engine off and then on at idling speed in the morning under sunlight. However if you have not experienced either a heavy steering or loss of air conditioning it will in all probability be the exhaust, in which case you can drive the vehicle to the service centre in Nerul.
Thanks for the suggestion Sir! I will check it out tomorrow morning. Though we were pretty certain that the noise didnt emerge from the bonnet. Also there was no heavy steering, loss of air conditioning, loss in pick up etc. I am a little apprehensive in driving it given that the sound is very significant and dont want to risk it. Will also call the service head to see if he can send a technician over.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks