Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2013, 09:39   #6736
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
What do you mean by "autobox got frozen"? Can you provide some details?
I need to really find out as I just happened to overhear another conversation then I had to go away to look at my car. He said the car was stuck in D3 and something more..
Old 6th December 2013, 09:41   #6737
BHPian

I just finished the second service of my Vento Diesel Highline in just 14 months of my purchase, have run 29K. The overall bill came to Rs.12K.

I had complained about some noise coming from steering column when running on bumps and roughness in gear shift. They have changed the steering column and the shift mechanism under warranty (cost 48K together). Has anyone else faced such issues and got it replaced?

One more thing, because my model doesnt come with an audio unit that has bluetooth connectivity, aux and SD card slot I asked how much would it cost to replace with the latest new unit. The SA said it is 95K! Just walked away swiftly cursing VW for releasing these basic features in a late model depriving the early owners of such small things (Last year on road cost was 12L which didn't have these features and this year after rate cuts and all it comes to 11.1L when I my friend bought recently!)

Last edited by LandCruiser : 6th December 2013 at 09:47.
Old 6th December 2013, 10:25   #6738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
I just finished the second service of my Vento Diesel Highline in just 14 months of my purchase, have run 29K. The overall bill came to Rs.12K.

I had complained about some noise coming from steering column when running on bumps and roughness in gear shift. They have changed the steering column and the shift mechanism under warranty (cost 48K together). Has anyone else faced such issues and got it replaced?
Even I'm facing the same issue of steering column noise. Car has only run 14K and even though you be driving on flat surface you keep getting kick-kick noise. Can you please upload a copy of bill of under warranty replacement of steering column, it would help me in getting the work done if they try refusing it.

What sort of noise was emitting from your steering column? Was it there on flat leveled surface as well?
Old 6th December 2013, 10:27   #6739
BHPian

I am very keenly looking at getting a spoiler for my Vento but the VW showroom only sells a cheesy looking lip spoiler for the Vento rather than a conventional sporty spoiler. Has any of my fellow Ventonians bought one elsewhere ? Appreciate if I could get details with pics, make/model, prices & color availability (mine is a terra beige shade). Thanks.
Old 6th December 2013, 10:53   #6740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
What sort of noise was emitting from your steering column? Was it there on flat leveled surface as well?
The noise (a clickety noise similar to kadak-tak-tak as if some parts are loose) used to come whenever the vehicle has more than normal movement up/down like when going over uneven road surfaces, bumps, speed traps. Needs some minor level of bumpiness to get the sound. It doesn't come when riding on smooth services under very normal conditions. This was there from the time when I bought the vehicle. Since another person also told he has this issue I didn't bother much to complaint during first service.

Now it has disappeared completely. But the new worry is there is lot of rolling noise from the tires (comes loud enough even when the music is playing in medium volume). Like from a fan, old motor. Could be because of tire wear as I have run 29K on stock tires, but wasn't this pronounced before it went to the service.
Old 6th December 2013, 11:09   #6741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The noise (a clickety noise similar to kadak-tak-tak as if some parts are loose) used to come whenever the vehicle has more than normal movement up/down like when going over uneven road surfaces, bumps, speed traps. Needs some minor level of bumpiness to get the sound. It doesn't come when riding on smooth services under very normal conditions. This was there from the time when I bought the vehicle. Since another person also told he has this issue I didn't bother much to complaint during first service.

Now it has disappeared completely. But the new worry is there is lot of rolling noise from the tires (comes loud enough even when the music is playing in medium volume). Like from a fan, old motor. Could be because of tire wear as I have run 29K on stock tires, but wasn't this pronounced before it went to the service.
I had the issue about 2 years ago. This surfaced after I drove through the chain humps. I reported this and they took care of it without changing any part.

I had my gearbox mount replaced since there was vibration in 4th gear ever since I got the delivery. There is still a slight vibration in 4th gear which was never really resolved completely. Gave up after visiting them for 4 times just for this issue.
Old 6th December 2013, 11:52   #6742
Distinguished - BHPian

Ppl,
A bit of help/suggestions/DIY gyan here. I have Morimoto projectors on my Vento, which were quite excellently setup with help from @keyur (where I watched and he did the work ). I'm (still) practically a noobie in this matter.

Close to 18 months, two servicing & an insurance claim where the entire front bumper was replaced, I have had absolutely no issues with the setup until recently. A week back, the headlights stopped functioning, the fog lamps & parking lights (basically the angel eyes) were functioning, but the core lens weren't. Then the issue got resolved over the weekend on its own.

And again today it has surfaced again. Any pointers on what can be done next on my own?
Old 6th December 2013, 12:59   #6743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Ppl,
A bit of help/suggestions/DIY gyan here. I have Morimoto projectors on my Vento, which were quite excellently setup with help from @keyur (where I watched and he did the work ). I'm (still) practically a noobie in this matter.

Close to 18 months, two servicing & an insurance claim where the entire front bumper was replaced, I have had absolutely no issues with the setup until recently. A week back, the headlights stopped functioning, the fog lamps & parking lights (basically the angel eyes) were functioning, but the core lens weren't. Then the issue got resolved over the weekend on its own.

And again today it has surfaced again. Any pointers on what can be done next on my own?
There are chances the relay might went off which is common when people use flash (in service center?).

You could take two wires connect to ballast and touch with battery to check bulbs and ballast is fine. Taking long wire might help checking both sides.

If both sides work, then the problem is with relay and change it.

I have faced this issue few times and this test helped to narrow down the issue.

Please let me know anything more I could help here.

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 6th December 2013 at 13:01.
TopSpeeder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 14:19   #6744
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
There are chances the relay might went off which is common when people use flash (in service center?).
Thanks - I'm currently heading to a different city, so let me give it a shot and get back to you. Will pm you once I check this.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 6th December 2013 at 14:24.
Old 6th December 2013, 20:21   #6745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Verruckt View Post
I am very keenly looking at getting a spoiler for my Vento but the VW showroom only sells a cheesy looking lip spoiler for the Vento rather than a conventional sporty spoiler. Has any of my fellow Ventonians bought one elsewhere ? Appreciate if I could get details with pics, make/model, prices & color availability (mine is a terra beige shade). Thanks.
You are lucky since you are in Bangalore. Look over the followig link where bhpian Kryptonite has attached a spoiler on his Skoda Rapid. Get in touch with him and he shall guide you through.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Link.

Quote:
Thanks for reply. Can you even attach the bill as well, could be very helpful in getting the same done on my car as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Ppl,

You can even post your query over the following thread as well. But one thing for sure TopSpeeder has done a lot of DiY with projectors on his Vento and he is best out there as far as I know with regards to Vento.

Link.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 08:17   #6746
BHPian

Quote:

Hi LandCrusier, my vento is 18 months old even my Vento had the same issue since day 1 and tried to explain to the Service guy during my 1st service and he did not understand exactly what i was saying. I did my 1st service at Sundaram Motors and may i know which servie center you have visited.
Old 9th December 2013, 09:01   #6747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DineshKanna View Post
I did my 1st service at Sundaram Motors and may i know which servie center you have visited.
I visited the Abra motors service station in Ambattur. Abra is my dealer. I will post a picture of the invoice shortly.
Old 9th December 2013, 11:46   #6748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need to really find out as I just happened to overhear another conversation then I had to go away to look at my car. He said the car was stuck in D3 and something more..
This happened to me once within a month of my purchase. I have the earlier gen 6 speed AT Vento. One evening after crawling for sometime in traffic the gerbox stuck in 5th gear (D5)!! It was in the evening and I was quite close to my home and was able to drive into the parking. It gave a violent jerk when moved to P from D. I meant to call VW service next morning but everything was back to normal next morning when I tested it again. Its been without any issues ever since.

Last edited by joslicx : 9th December 2013 at 11:47.
Old 10th December 2013, 18:06   #6749
BHPian

Hello,

I have a Vento TDI, in the mornings when i start the car up there's delay in starting say 5 seconds and then the engine starts up it's been happening since 2 weeks; the car has run 68K KMS in 14 Months and my daily driving is 5 KMS exactly.
Anybody else has noticed this?

Regards,

PS
Old 11th December 2013, 00:26   #6750
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
Hello,

I have a Vento TDI, in the mornings when i start the car up there's delay in starting say 5 seconds and then the engine starts up it's been happening since 2 weeks; the car has run 68K KMS in 14 Months and my daily driving is 5 KMS exactly.
Anybody else has noticed this?

Regards,

PS
Check your battery, specifically it is winter. When was the last time you changed the Battery? Or is it still OEM battery?

You ran 64K KMs in 14 months, at an average ~5K KM per month, which is 180KM/day. Also you are mentioning that daily drive is only 5KMS exactly?

Last edited by manjubp : 11th December 2013 at 00:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks