Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2013, 10:55   #6766
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakchow View Post

Bottom line, dont play music and use voice guidance at the same time.
I had the same issue last weekend and was wondering what is happening! Thanks for the input.

I will now keep in mind to check the map on my phone rather than waiting for the voice to guide me.
Old 22nd December 2013, 20:23   #6767
BHPian

Hello folks !

A quick question. I own a 2011 model Vento TDI HL. Off late, I've noticed a very faint sound that's there for a few seconds ( I would say less than 30 seconds ) after turning off the engine. This has been happening consistently for the past week. Always there when you switch off the engine. This sound comes from the left side of the engine bay, sounds like some sort of motor is running. I can confirm that this is NOT the fan which is running to cool the car.

Other than this, everything else seems to be fine - the warming lights, engine oil level, coolant etc.

Is there something I should be worried about ? Or is this the case in every Vento and I just didn't notice it earlier ? Again, the sound is very very faint and lasts for less than 30 seconds, but it's there every time you switch the engine off. So I might have just missed it earlier.

Thanks in advance !
Old 23rd December 2013, 09:32   #6768
BHPian

dont worry. it is there in every VWs. it is the flap motor inside the engine getting adjusted to its position when the engine is turned off. your VW is fine
Old 24th December 2013, 10:25   #6769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Copy of invoice of Vento TDI highline second service @ 30000 kms.
What's the "Shift Mechanism" and the "Steering Column" charges for? Was it specifically asked for or did the service center do it on their own? I understand they were replaced under warranty.
Old 25th December 2013, 22:15   #6770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarsh10 View Post
Hello folks !

A quick question. I own a 2011 model Vento TDI HL. Off late, I've noticed a very faint sound that's there for a few seconds ( I would say less than 30 seconds ) after turning off the engine. This has been happening consistently for the past week. Always there when you switch off the engine. This sound comes from the left side of the engine bay, sounds like some sort of motor is running. I can confirm that this is NOT the fan which is running to cool the car.

Other than this, everything else seems to be fine - the warming lights, engine oil level, coolant etc.

Is there something I should be worried about ? Or is this the case in every Vento and I just didn't notice it earlier ? Again, the sound is very very faint and lasts for less than 30 seconds, but it's there every time you switch the engine off. So I might have just missed it earlier.

Thanks in advance !
Normally, the Turbo Charger gives a faint sound after the engine is turned off. I believe you would have missed this sound earlier.
Old 26th December 2013, 11:15   #6771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu View Post
Hi Guys, One of my Vento's A/C grille air flow controller is broken. It looks like a forceps which fit into center of the ac grille. Any of you guys replaced this knob ? Any idea how much it would cost from VW? Please see the attached pic. Thanks, Prabhu

Attachment 1164411
Not sure of the price, but i did get the complete set replaced once.
The reason - I had to leave my car in the VW workshop( Downtown Bangalore) for nearly 45 days for a body work & someone purposefully damaged it since i made a ruckus about the delay & the pathetic job by them.

Hence they replaced it for free at that time.
Old 26th December 2013, 12:05   #6772
Senior - BHPian

I had the same problem with my 2011 Vento TDI HL as well. Both driver side Right & Left airvents broke. Only the adjusting knob was broken. when I gave the car for 45K service to VW Downtown (Housr Road), they broke all the slats.
SA told me that the vents cost 1400/- and right now they are out-of-stock.
Old 26th December 2013, 16:35   #6773
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have 24 days old Vento, and has run ~1100 KMs. Only change is tyre upgrade to 195/60R15.

When I shift to 4th gear, I see vibration is my gear shift and engine( or gearbox) makes relatively high vibration compare to any other gear. In all other gears it is just right, no vibration and smooth drive. So on highways when shifting from 3rd to 4th to 5th, this is really annoying.

In other gears across rpm range 1200 to 2400 rpm, no issues.

Almost similar to
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I feel gear vibrations but its kind of very specific. It happens only in the 4th gear when i take the foot off the accelerator and when the speed is dropping from till 60 once it drops below 60~55 the vibration goes away. But if its dropping from 70 to a 60 (or 55) in 4 with my foot off the accelerator and in 4th gear I can feel the vibration with my hand on the gear. Any ideas ?
Anyway to fix it? Did any of you had this issue with your Ventos. Certainly this can't be issue with break pads, even while not touching the break pads I am seeing this issue.

Last edited by manjubp : 26th December 2013 at 16:40.
Old 30th December 2013, 12:11   #6774
BHPian

I feel it is unsafe to use a windscreen mountable mobile holder in a Vento due to it's steeply raked windshield. I did use one and found it limiting the view. Same is the case with the SatNav that came with the Vento. It was fixed on the right hand corner and it adds a blind spot to that corner. Are there any other options? Any ideas on the best place for a smartphone/SatNav in Vento?

Last edited by Crank : 30th December 2013 at 12:12. Reason: Grammar :-)
Old 30th December 2013, 20:56   #6775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Are there any other options? Any ideas on the best place for a smartphone/SatNav in Vento?
I tried all sort of permutation & combination and found the best place to center of windshield just a few millimeters above dashboard to avoid any scratches.

Currently I'm using a Capdase HR00-CA01. Does a good job and can be rotated around its axis to keep mobile in landscape or portrait format. Below are a few pics which should help you out; night shots though.

Edit: Capdase has a bendable neck rod because of which you can place suction cup attachment almost low on windshield and bend it over to be just above dashboard.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc01144.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dsc01143.jpg

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 30th December 2013 at 21:00.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 21:10   #6776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I tried all sort of permutation & combination and found the best place to center of windshield just a few millimeters above dashboard to avoid any scratches.
Looks better than what I have.
Fellow Ventopians, any other suggestions?
Old 31st December 2013, 09:00   #6777
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Get spider cell phone holder. And use your AC vent for the holding the phones and GPS navigator, works upto 6 inches wide screens.

I got one from Ebay at Rs.300/- just perfect to hold by Galaxy S3. Never had any issues during my last week 1000KM drive.

Here

and Here
Old 31st December 2013, 09:06   #6778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Looks better than what I have.
Fellow Ventopians, any other suggestions?
You can have a look at nileshch's arrangement. Browse thru his thread.

I also use a capdase holder (same as the one el lobo is using). I have attached it on the glass such that the base is directly behind the rearview mirror and the mobile clamps on it right below the mirror! I find it OK this way.

Last edited by joslicx : 31st December 2013 at 09:19.
Old 31st December 2013, 13:11   #6779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
What's the "Shift Mechanism" and the "Steering Column" charges for? Was it specifically asked for or did the service center do it on their own? I understand they were replaced under warranty.

These were changes done on their own, but based on diagnosis for problems I reported (shift not smoother and noise from the steering). They changed it under warranty, but the decision was theirs.
LandCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 14:52   #6780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
You can have a look at nileshch's arrangement. Browse thru his thread.
After a quite a lot of search thru this long thread (using Advanced Find), got the link. Here it is Link

It looks like a good arrangement. However if you read thru the comments in his thread here - Link, I share the same concern that I will have to move my eyes away from the road to see the map or anything on my phone. But definitely worth a try. Nileshch, any more ideas? Are you using this even now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks