Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2013, 15:17   #6781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

At 43000 kms, my Vento has problems with faint trrrkkk sound when AC blower is at higher speeds.
There is a pronounced vibration through (more through steering) when the radiator fan operates at high speeds. Waiting for my 3rd service and even more apprehensive if they can fix the issues and at what price :(

Decided to go with Bridgestone AR 20 for new tyres. Any suggestions or experience on that? (195 width)
Old 31st December 2013, 17:19   #6782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Get spider cell phone holder. And use your AC vent for the holding the phones and GPS navigator, works upto 6 inches wide screens.
Read about this somewhere as well. But does it "look" good. Also I have the same doubt about moving your eyes from the windscreen to look at something which is suspended from the AC Vent. Lets not forget the flimsy AC Vents that gets broken easily as some of the owners had highlighted in this forum.
Old 1st January 2014, 20:18   #6783
BHPian

Spotted testing in Pune!: Volkswagen Vento Sedan badged as Polo

Saw two Polo's back to back, could only get the 1.4. The other one was a 1.6. I read in some threads that the Polo sedan has been launched as the "Vento" in India, correct me if i'm wrong, so why are these badged as Polo?

*Mods please merge this thread if relevant thread is already up and running*.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img2013123100457.jpg  

raghuvir is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 20:36   #6784
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spotted testing in Pune!: Volkswagen Vento Sedan badged as Polo

Probably being exported to other markets (Mercosur?) where small sedans are popular
Old 1st January 2014, 20:38   #6785
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuvir View Post
Saw two Polo's back to back, could only get the 1.4. The other one was a 1.6. I read in some threads that the Polo sedan has been launched as the "Vento" in India, correct me if i'm wrong, so why are these badged as Polo?

*Mods please merge this thread if relevant thread is already up and running*.
This is probably a test car that is meant for exports. VW manufacturers cars in the Chakan facility that are exported elsewhere. The Vento is badged as Polo in many countries and is sold with the 1.4 TSI engine too. The car you would have spotted in most probability is a Left Hand Drive, meant only for exports.
Old 2nd January 2014, 00:34   #6786
Team-BHP Support

Export model known as the Polo sedan. It is available in Malaysia, South Africa and Russia.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 04:52   #6787
Senior - BHPian

Vento pals i need your help please, my friend's Rapid has a significant fuel pump humming sound when the car is started and it remains throughout the journey. The noise is even more audible during cold starts, it is a March, 2012 Rapid TDi. I tried to capture the noise in a video and want to to know if there is an issue with the fuel pump here, i too own a July 2012 Vento TDi but the humming noise in my car is significantly less than his, both cars have clocked 16,000 kms.

Since both the cars share mechanicals and this thread is more active, has any Vento owner faced this humming sound and what was the resolution? Fuel pump changed under warranty? I did run a search and saw member newtonmeter got his fuel pump replaced under warranty.

Is the humming normal or not and what damage could it cause if the fuel pump is not replaced soon, the service centres here just dont want to change anything under warranty.

Uploading a video, tried my best to capture the sound.

Old 2nd January 2014, 07:18   #6788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Vento pals i need your help please, my friend's Rapid has a significant fuel pump humming sound when the car is started and it remains throughout the journey. The noise is even more audible during cold starts, it is a March, 2012 Rapid TDi. I tried to capture the noise in a video and want to to know if there is an issue with the fuel pump here, i too own a July 2012 Vento TDi but the humming noise in my car is significantly less than his, both cars have clocked 16,000 kms. Since both the cars share mechanicals and this thread is more active, has any Vento owner faced this humming sound and what was the resolution? Fuel pump changed under warranty? I did run a search and saw member newtonmeter got his fuel pump replaced under warranty. Is the humming normal or not and what damage could it cause if the fuel pump is not replaced soon, the service centres here just dont want to change anything under warranty. Uploading a video, tried my best to capture the sound.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=aTBkz-gLG0o
Humming sound is a known issue in Vw cars all over the world. Especially polo/golf models. Fuel pump will be replaced under warranty, there is no other resolution. Delaying the replacement won't damage anything but obviously will irritate you further. Ultimately a humming fuel pump will give away.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 2nd January 2014 at 09:51. Reason: trying to fix the youtube link
newtonMeter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 11:06   #6789
BHPian

Its the vw polo sedan i drive in South Africa. Its available in 1.4 and 1.6 litre engine options. Has all the basic safety features like ABS, dual airbags in all variants due to govt regulations.
Old 2nd January 2014, 11:37   #6790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I have attached it on the glass such that the base is directly behind the rearview mirror and the mobile clamps on it right below the mirror! I find it OK this way.
Could you please share a photo of this? Would like to see how this looks and will it impact visibility. Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd January 2014, 17:25   #6791
Distinguished - BHPian

A Vento looking sedan based on Volkswagen’s MQB is spotted in China.
Reports says ,looking kinda mixed with the front of a Golf and the back of a Skoda Octavia.To be released in the chinese market in Q2 2014 at prices ranging from ~15 - 19 lakhs.

Will this replace the existing Vento in India? Will Vento move to the premium segment
when the sub 4m sedan is rekeased. Or is VW working on a new low cost sedan for emerging market and move the Vento a segment up?

Or could this repalce the Jetta?

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-volkswagensedanchina1.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-volkswagensedanchina4.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-volkswagensedanchina3.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-volkswagensedanchina2.jpg

Quote:
The interior looks very Golf 7. Note red panic button on the center tunnel, a typical feature in test cars, pressing it will switch off all electric power and thus the car. The new sedan will be powered by 1.6, 1.4 TSI and 1.8 TSI engines.

http://www.carnewschina.com/2014/01/...kswagen-sedan/

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd January 2014 at 17:29.
Old 3rd January 2014, 17:43   #6792
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
looking kinda mixed with the front of a Golf
The Scirocco rather.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vw_scirocco_iii_2.0_tsi_dsg_collectors_edition_54_von_100_oryxwei.jpg

Image from Wiki.
Old 4th January 2014, 09:43   #6793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
A Vento looking sedan based on Volkswagen’s MQB is spotted in China.
Reports says ,looking kinda mixed with the front of a Golf and the back of a Skoda Octavia.To be released in the chinese market in Q2 2014 at prices ranging from ~15 - 19 lakhs.

Will this replace the existing Vento in India? Will Vento move to the premium segment
when the sub 4m sedan is rekeased. Or is VW working on a new low cost sedan for emerging market and move the Vento a segment up?

Or could this repalce the Jetta?

Attachment 1186334

Attachment 1186335

Attachment 1186336

Attachment 1186337

http://www.carnewschina.com/2014/01/...kswagen-sedan/
That is clearly a previous generation Octavia (our Laura) with VW styling elements. I wonder whats cooking? This isn't a Vento facelift for sure.
Old 4th January 2014, 10:41   #6794
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
my friend's Rapid has a significant fuel pump humming sound
How do you say it is fuel pump noise?
Old 4th January 2014, 11:59   #6795
BHPian

Recently I had a pleasant surprise from VW. My three month old Vento TDi HL had vibration issues at speeds exceeding 100 kph. The problem was isolated to Rt Rear wheel.
When I went to VW workshop at Automark Motors, the support guy (Mr. Sanjay) patiently took a long trial, also identified a judder from front brakes which I hadn't noticed.
To my surprise all four tyres were refitted and rebalanced. Both front wheel disks were replaced under warranty and not a single paisa was charged. The car was delivered within four hours.
If all dealerships were this good vW would go a really long way

Most Viewed