Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2014, 12:43   #6886
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Fresh updates.

4th day in the work shop, updates are just trickling and hard to come by. The SA said they have asked VW to have battery, fuel pump both replaced under warranty. That means the list of parts replaced in the last 1.5 years:

1. Pressure pump in clutch - 1st month (To avoid the clutch from jamming)
2. Shift mechanism - 14th month, 2nd service (Hard shifting)
3. Steering rack - 14th month, 2nd service (Rattling noise over bumps)
4. Battery - 16th month (Due to fuel pump issue)
5. Fuel pump - 16th month (Due to fuel pump issue)

Worried about "Das Auto" and German Engineering quality! :(

In the meantime I also logged a insurance claim to fix the rear door that was dented in the incident last week. Bharti Axa gave a quick response. Claim logged yesterday evening 5:30 PM, Surveyor has estimated and approved the work today morning 10:30 AM. Just under 2 working hours! The VW body shop SA gave the usual story that parts (door panel) have to be ordered going back on his version saying they got a fresh load only yesterday. Had to remind him that this morning and he sheepishly said yes we will start the work.

Have asked for a estimation sheet by email before I can authorize the work to start.

Last edited by LandCruiser : 21st February 2014 at 12:55.
Old 21st February 2014, 13:20   #6887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DineshKanna View Post
Today i had given my Vento for the steering noise checkup and the observation by the service advisor is to check the steering column. Hopefully the issue gets resolved this time.
Changed the steering rack under warrenty. Now noise has reduced a lot but not 100%. Need to check during my 2nd service.
Old 22nd February 2014, 11:45   #6888

VW Vento EMS light ON

Friends:

The EMS light on my Vento (Highline Diesel) is on - and I wonder if there is anything I can do on my own - short of hauling it into the service center and waiting in line who knows how long.
Thanks for any tips/information.

Cheers,
Sunrace
Old 23rd February 2014, 20:08   #6889
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Guys,

Although I had taken my vento on 600KM long trip before it completes 1000 KM mark, I was cautious on its run-in , so never crossed 2500RPM.

Now with nearly 3500KM on Odd, today I had a nearly 180KM (90+90) of 4 lane drive. One worrying thing, noticed in both segment is at beginning when I drove hard from 2000 RPM to 3000RPM (just taking off at open road), there as very prominent hissing sound from front left side. Since all windows were up and the hissing sound was very prominent, I was of the opinion, this was from AC vent. However after 2 minutes there was no hissing sound.

Any thoughts? Is it anything to due with fuel pump or something in AC duct??

Last edited by manjubp : 23rd February 2014 at 20:10.
Old 23rd February 2014, 22:20   #6890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Took the car to service again. They applied Silicon lubricant and the sound was gone. But after 15 mins & KMs, the sound seems to have come back. According to them, the Air bag unit might have to be replaced fully, which is around Rs 70K.

I get a feeling that this is a known issue with VW. ABerry and couple of others too seems to have faced the same issue. Looks like I will not get the car back today . One thing is clear. Its not a usage issue; but a product issue and I want to see how VW would be handling it. This will be a good measure for VW's customer service and experience. Dealer response (VW white field) has been good so far. I had to take my car to garage 3 times already and hopefully its going to end soon!!!
The dealer has logged a compliant with VW Pune office and the investigation is in progress. The service adviser and Customer relationship manager has been so far quite helpful. In fact, I have been getting calls from them with regular updates on the progress. At least the compliant and related service experience at the dealer had been good; unlike the service center stories that we hear generally. I am hoping that its not going to end with CRM team experience and VW team's decision will also be in line with it.

I am facing another issue in between related to fuel quantity indicator. When I fill full tank diesel, it shows a little below mid point in digital indicator and KMs to pump is also shown at around 240 KMs unlike the general 700KM indication. They have seen this issue and I am waiting to fix both issues together.

Many issues coming in when the 3rd year is starting and if that is the case, VW will have to prove that they will make up with exceptional customer service and that is what I am hoping for!!!. Will keep you guys posted.
Old 24th February 2014, 11:57   #6891
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
. . . there as very prominent hissing sound from front left side. Since all windows were up and the hissing sound was very prominent, I was of the opinion, this was from AC vent. However after 2 minutes there was no hissing sound.

Any thoughts? Is it anything to due with fuel pump or something in AC duct??
Hissing noise is quite normal - and extensively discussed on this thread. Do a search - you'll get a plethora of posts.

Vento/Polo owners,
I noticed that the flipping panels have come off in one of my AC vent, however they aren't broken. If I could open the vent, it could be fixed. Is there any thread/post discussing DIY (do-it-yourself) options for the ac vent? I remember seeing something of that sort long back, but can't find it.
Old 24th February 2014, 12:24   #6892
BHPian

hi
I was reading about a few issues regarding abnormal noises.

I had this issue with my 2 day old vento TSI where the levelling motor of the left side headlight was making a very audible noise initially at setting "0" then at all the settings.

Issue was resolved in about a weeks time after replacement of the motor.

Initially they did not want to make a job card for the job but agreed to make one after I insisted.
Old 24th February 2014, 17:04   #6893
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody changed your Vento's wipers? I am thinking of changing to either Bosch Aerotwin or Hella Dynaedge. Does anybody know if there are wipers specific to Vento from these brands?
Old 26th February 2014, 07:14   #6894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Has anybody changed your Vento's wipers? I am thinking of changing to either Bosch Aerotwin or Hella Dynaedge. Does anybody know if there are wipers specific to Vento from these brands?
I have been using Hella Dynaedge since I first replaced the original wipers. You just have to get the right sizes - 24" and 16" and you are good to go.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 08:48   #6895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I have been using Hella Dynaedge since I first replaced the original wipers. You just have to get the right sizes - 24" and 16" and you are good to go.
Any specific place in BLR where I can get these wipers? I assume there are lots of fakes in the market so its always better to buy from known sources.
Old 27th February 2014, 17:13   #6896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Any specific place in BLR where I can get these wipers? I assume there are lots of fakes in the market so its always better to buy from known sources.
Purchase it from Snapdeal and you also get a good discount with bill.

Hella Dynaedge 24"

Hella Dynaedge 16"
Old 28th February 2014, 00:04   #6897
BHPian

My Vento has clocked 31k kms in 18 months, been a pretty good experience so far. Looking for some pointers for the second service as some issues are cropping up and some doubts to, would be great to hear from the experts!

1. Clutch is a lot harder than it used to be, does the commonly defected hose pipe need to be replaced? It's a June 2012 model, whenever I have asked SA about the defective pipe, he said those were there in older models.

2. Front brake pads and discs were changed a month ago, because they gave away. Do the rear pads need some attention?

3. Under the right fender, just on the edge of the bumper, I see a plastic panel falling out, could be because of the rumble strips around the city, what can the SA do about that?

4. Whenever I look under the car, I see things hanging out, makes me paranoid, I do drive faster than most people over rumple strips and speed breakers, does this need attention or am I paranoid?

5. Starting to hear lots of squeaks from the back, the tray and the armrest, especially when going at very slow speeds over bad roads. Did not hear such squeaks, until lately. What can be done?

6. The horn sounds pretty low compared to what it used to be, SA always denies this and rejects the issue.

7. Have a few scratches on the door and 2 dents, one near the rear fender and one on the door, none of them are major. Should I tell the A.S.S. to take care of these or should experiment with a local body shop?

8. The wiper blades are starting to be ineffective, where to get replacement, VW or outside?

9. Any other pointers for the 2nd service?

Beyond the service -

1. Exploring options for tyre upgrade and trying to figure if it is the right time.

2. Looking for a lighting upgrade now that the car is out of warranty, still debating projector setup vs 90/100 setup, any suggestions?

3. Looking to add a little excitement to the rather subtle and boring Silver Vento, considering a glossy wrap on the roof, comments?

4. Car has been good and needs to be pampered, looking to get interior, exterior and engine bay detailing from 3M post service. Do you guys recommend going for OptiCoat treatment this time in the life cycle? Wouldn't mind adding life back to the car, mid-life upkeep!

Thanks!

Last edited by madnish30 : 28th February 2014 at 00:07.
Old 1st March 2014, 13:42   #6898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
7. Have a few scratches on the door and 2 dents, one near the rear fender and one on the door, none of them are major. Should I tell the A.S.S. to take care of these or should experiment with a local body shop?

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20140228_084136-copy.jpg

Here is the damage, what do you guys suggest? A.S.S. or neighbourhood garage? Since it would need removal of door fittings, I'm a little skeptical as it might induce rattle if not fit back properly...

Suggestions please.
Old 1st March 2014, 21:19   #6899
Senior - BHPian

Both the doors have to be repaired, so OEM will just replace the panels. The charges will be quite high. On the other hand a reasonable denter-painter would do the job at quite a reasonable amount.

Most of the denters are quite good at dismantling and reassembling so there should not be any problem.
Old 1st March 2014, 21:47   #6900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Both the doors have to be repaired, so OEM will just replace the panels. The charges will be quite high. On the other hand a reasonable denter-painter would do the job at quite a reasonable amount.

Most of the denters are quite good at dismantling and reassembling so there should not be any problem.
Is it? I was always under the impression that they try to repair and only change when beyond repair... Will visit a local garage... Now the worry is paint match...

Think this can be fixed without paint? Dry denting?

Also, off topic - what do you guys think about a black gloss vinyl wrap on a silver Vento's roof?

Last edited by madnish30 : 1st March 2014 at 22:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks